Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Bandsters Unite!

Hi everyone,

I was banded on 2/23 and I am not having any complications at this time. I stayed in the hospital x 1 day and was discharged on full liquids. I have been tolerating them ok. My biggest problem is being home. I have 4 kids (19, 16, 11, 5,) and a husband who quite dont understand the trial of being on liquids. But I have convinced myself that I will get through this week. I have not been hungry and I have noticed that even though I have sugerfree, lowfat, natural popsicles, ice cream, yogurt, and Jello everything taste extremely sweet. I have my first follow up next week. :(

Thanks for the forum.

Hi everyone I am Jen from NY I was banded on the 9th and so far i lost the weight and my doctor hasnt even filled me I think the week of liquids did it.But now I am eating anything and I go for my first fill on the 6th of march kinda nervous..And the pain around my port is burning stabbing pain..Good Luck to all of you.:(

i am just reading your message. how are you doing now. i was just banded 4 days ago and am still doing liquids. tough but doing it. any advice

I was banded on 13 Feb 2009 and have been recovering very quickly. I had lost 15 pounds pre-surgery and 20 pounds post surgery to 23 Feb 2009. I had my first post-op doctor's visit and the sutures have basically completely healed and they said I can start on soft foods. I thought I understood what soft foods are but I'm reading a lot of different opinions. I feel like I was pre-surgery and have a similar appetite. I'm watching my portions and not drinking during meals. But I did gain 2 pounds last week (but that could be a variance on when I weighted myself) but I was losing 2 pounds a day on liquids.

In regards to the soft diet, I've been eating fish, mash potatoes, apple sauce, sugar free Popsicles/fudgesicles, cheese sticks, scrambled eggs, chicken/turkey breast, sloppy joes (no bread, eating like chili). I'm concentrating on eating slowly and chewing. My concern is that I'm 17 (2.5 weeks) days post-op and I feel like I'm in weeks 5-6 of the normal schedule. Am I healing fast and ready for my first adjustment? My next doctor appt is 9 March 2009.

I found this thread yesterday and did a long post which now I can't find? I was banded on 2/19 at Duke. The doctor wants me, and everyone in the program including gastric bypass, to stay on a modified liquid diet for 3 weeks and to stay out of work for 3 weeks. I am doing my best with the liquid diet. Friday, I thought I was absolutely starving but then the hunger went away? I did not make it past one week out of work. I am a sped teacher and I just couldn't leave those kids, okay my TA, for three weeks. Also, I feel great and have a ton of energy and no pain whatsoever. Including pre diet I have lost about 20 pounds!

I am doing great .I think I am healing fast with a 5 yr old at home. I had my surgery on the 2/9/09 and I was on liquids for a week But my doctor told me to slowly return to soft and normal foods.So I have. I feel hungry now and then But I go for my first fill On the 3/6/09.And I guess I have to go back on liquids again.I am not allowed to go back to work yet because my job requires no restrictions. :party:

Hi Everyone. Welcome to a new month. I can't believe it has been a month since I was banded.

Here is my problem. I HATE TO EXERCISE. I mean, when you step on the WII fit and it groans, you know it is just not going to be a good day. :thumbup:

So here is my thought. We can post what we did each day to exercise. Maybe if I have to confess to EVERYONE on days I don't exercise, that will be enough to get me moving.

Plus, if we see different types of exercises, may I will find something I like better.

Any one else in?

I will start: I did 20 minutes of Wii fit "yoga" today.

Traci

I was banded on the 16th. About the 5th day I was so hungry and liquids wasn't cutting the hunger. I am on mushies now. I just hit week 3 and have lost 16 lbs since surgery. I am still very hungry and my weight loss has stopped. I am doing my Protein Shakes in an attempt to get my 60 grams of Protein, I am also doing Tomato Soup, and now scrambled eggs, and yogurt. Occasionally I also do a sugar free popsicles yet. So, my calories are still about 1200 or so and hence my weight loss has ceased. I can't wait for my fill so I can feel full and my intake of calories can decrease more so I can start losing again.

Good luck all!

hey i am in with the excericise report. although I dont love to excercise, it doesnt bother me to do it. i actually am a little displined and do the elliptical precor machine every morning for 35 minutes on the weight loss cycle. i was banded on 2/4 and have lost only 13 pounds since and seem to be gaining weight since i started eating although i have not exceeded 900 calories on any given day. it is frustrating. i have gained 3 pds since i satrted eating on wednesday the 24th. im not sure what the problem is. i was so hungry today i ate a piece of chicken too fast and as my old habits would have it i did not chew up my food and had my first throw up, it was painful whe the food got stuck. now i am scared that my band may slip. any advice???

Hi sorry I didn't write back sooner. My only advise is to take things slowly. I am 8 days post surgery and are starting to feel better. I am trying to keep my life as "normal" as possible. I'm going for my first fill on 4/1. I am nervous. I have to get my head in line with my stomach if you know what I mean. Good luck. Keep in touch.

hey i am in with the excericise report. although I dont love to excercise, it doesnt bother me to do it. i actually am a little displined and do the elliptical precor machine every morning for 35 minutes on the weight loss cycle. i was banded on 2/4 and have lost only 13 pounds since and seem to be gaining weight since i started eating although i have not exceeded 900 calories on any given day. it is frustrating. i have gained 3 pds since i satrted eating on wednesday the 24th. im not sure what the problem is. i was so hungry today i ate a piece of chicken too fast and as my old habits would have it i did not chew up my food and had my first throw up, it was painful whe the food got stuck. now i am scared that my band may slip. any advice???

Don't get discouraged. Maybe you are building lean muscle mass from working out. I was banded on the 16th and just started back walking about 1 1/2 miles yesterday. I didn't walk fast, just took my time. It was only 35 minutes, but it was a start. I have lost a total of 25 since the pre-op and post op diet. I have to start a lower dose of synthroid; that scares me. I am afraid that the weightloss will slow down because of that. We will see. :)

I am soooo thankful for this forum, I have experienced pretty much everything good and bad. You guys have answered so many of my questions. I was banded on the 16th of Feb. and have been through the pain, hunger, the sneaking a chew and so on.Th eone thing I wish is that I had a follow up visit before 4 weeks after surgery. I have my 1st fill on the 16th of March and my follow uo on the 17th. So finding you guys have given hope and now I know I will be alright.

I am also thankful for all of the information and support from each of you . I get my first fill on March 13th so I am pouring over all this new info trying to educate myself as much as possible. I hope I get some restriction as I have none that I can tell and I am feeling hungry on 1000-1200 calories per day. Doing ok,but have this constant tiger growling in my gut!

This forum has been great, it's so nice to know there's a place where people will be there for support/encouragement and understand how hard this is. I'm in for the exercise reports - I need to get more motivated to get there everyday. Especially now that I'm starting my stage 4 soft food diet. My nerves are kicking in because I don't know how my body will react after 3 weeks of full Fluid. Want the numbers on the scale to keep going down. I lost 6.2 lbs in last 2 weeks. :confused:

Good Wednesday to all! We are half way through the week.

Exercise roll call - today, I walked for 20 minutes and did about 10 minutes of step.

What did you all do?

Traci