Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Bandsters Unite!

Hello All

Did all Fab Febs have a great holiday weekend? I am in the long haul now. No breaks from now until Easter break. It's going to be a LONG 6 weeks. I love my job, but 105 14-15 year olds, can get trying.

Here is to another happy and healthy week. I am 15 days out, 12 lbs down. :thumbup: I am looking forward to my first fill in a month.

Have a great week. Be HAPPY!

Traci

Had a great holiday. I'm also 15 days post-op and doing great. Even so that I'm sleeping on my tummy. I really never had sever pain... I thought the heprin shot they gave in the hospital was more pain then I've had post op. I promise that thing smarted.

Now I'm so confused on the pureed and blended foods and what to eat. I'm making chili tonight and going to blend some for me. Hope that counts as blended.

I'd really like to get my Protein from my foods rather than the shakes... I'm just sick of sweet stuff.

I was really hungry for the first time tonight...I am hoping that they say i can start on soft foods on thursday. I don't know how I will do tomorrow. I guess I need to drink more coffee because that seems to curb the hunger. The gas pains were not as bad today I got some chewable anacids and they sure are easier to get down than the liquid stuff. I am still taking liquid tylenol and children's motrin every four hours but only for shoulder pain.:thumbup:

:thumbup::eek:Ok guys I have to confess here in the forum because i will not admit to my nutrionist or surgeon that i really messed up and i hope it doesnt cost me big.......Okk i couldnt take it anymore...no more liquids:cursing:.. spoke to the nutrionist to day and i am 14 days post op. she stated i could eat mushies..and that seemed to be the green light for me to just eat, eat and eat. i mean i didnt really go crazy, but crazy enough:w00t: ok i started out ok with 2 boiled eggs whih was good and went down ok. then i made bbq chicken wings, stuffing, and stringbeans. i ate about three spoonfuls of stuffing 4 canned string Beans and didnt injest but picked at a chicken wing. Ok yes i am full, but more scared. i also ate a few puffy cheesedoodles those jsut melted in my mouth. this is not at one sitting, but throughout a 7 hour period. i hope i didnt hurt myself. i felt no pain and it seemed to go down ok. im okay and will follow the rule, i think i had to just get that out of my system. i was hunry and hated liquids, been on them for 2 weeks straight and it hs been killing me. i see the surgeon on friday for my first post op check-up. please pray for me that everything goes ok and i have no major damage like slippage or problems. i am really scared now. has this happened to anyone else...help:w00t:

let me be clear i mean i had 4 pieces of canned string Beans not 4 cans of string beans beans..that could be confusing....the four string beans were mushy

I was banded on Jan. 30th Ok here is the confession. I had a really easy time with my surgery, 3 days of some gas pains, tired a little more than usual but one week of doing everything right I was ready for more than liquids, so I was so happy to finally get cereral and Soup, now I am tired of just soup so I have moved ahead by 3 days to the puree stage only problem is I am using my mouth to puree some things just chew chew chew, I feel great my energy is great and I am looseing weight, so I hope I am not in some kind of trouble for moving ahead basicly you could say I am eating food. Just mushie food like tuna, eggs and cottage cheese. Just very carefully. It seems as though every doctor is different in what they let you eat. I will be 3 weeks out this Friday and I see my doctor, I wonder if he will be upset with me if I tell him I moved ahead. Wish I was a better role model,but I am really trying hard. I am looking forward to my first fill! Maybe then I won't care. At least I know I am not the only one struggling to do it all right. I sure hope there is leaway in there and I am not in trouble. Anyone have some thoughts, how are you handling your hunger?

I just want to say to Hedostar I just saw your post after I just posted my story and I know just how you feel I am nervous too. I feel really great I to am just praying that nothing moved or slipped I am hoping that what is bad is throwing up and if it goes down easy that we will be all right. I wonder if anyone has experince about this What happens if you eat food to early?

. i am starting to feel nauceous now though and hoping i dont throw up, but i just seem to be belching and then i am ok. i feel great. no problems, no gas just nothing. i will keep you posted, but will be following the rules from now on.

i will be praying for you to Eva. I guess i should say i am going to try hard to follow the rules from now on. i see the nutrionist tmrw and will c what she has to say....will keep u posted. hang in there!!!!!

I am 7 days out from surgery and my surgeron said I could start having soft foods today..I had a scrambled egg. a little later I have to call his office and tell them how I did and then I have the green light to eat other stuff on the soft diet.:eek:

I have a new problem. In surgery the tape they used tore some skin off of my belly. I have redness etc. I am now on an antibotic and silver sulfadine stuff.:lol:

Hi the papaya enzymes are chewable & tasty & they have them at GNC & I think Trader Joes. I felt bad after eating some mashed refried Beans & it really helped. I heard of them on here in the first place.

Hi all,

EvaB and Hedostar, I will keep you in my thoughts. I feel like I could always do something like that, and am thankful that I haven't so far.

I got my staples out today, and was given the go-ahead to have mushies. Mashed potatoes never tasted so good! According to the scale in my surgeon's office I'm down to 306, which means I've lost 32 pounds since October. Not really a lot, but I can really tell the difference, and I hope it keeps me motivated.

Hang in there, Fabulous Febs! We can do this!

Debbie