Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Bandsters Unite!

I was banded on 2/9 and am having a very tough time on the mushy stage. I feel like i'm going to pass out all the time. I get waves of dizziness. I am getting tired of tuna and eggs. I tried pureed chic and turkey and it made me throw up. Yogurt does the same. Any suggestions. It is so hard not to try and put something in your mouth thats not mushy.HELP

I am sorry you are having a rough time. Here is a link to some food suggestions. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/lapband-food-stages-lists-suggestions-3995/

I ate potato Soup, just ran it all through a blender. I also have Broccoli and cheese Soup. Towards the end of mushies I even broke up some crakers in it.

Just keep telling yourself, that this will end and you will be able to make your own food choices.

Ok, I read the plan to start exercising for us Fabulous February Bandsters....good God...I was putting this off. I walked in Walmart for nearly an hour today...does that count? I am still having gas pains in my left shoulder BUT with this challenge I AM going to get up right now and do at least 20 minutes of Dancing with the Stars on Wii.:confused: Wish me luck!

I am doing better today, pain in the back is a lot less I went to Water aerobics this morning. do you have any recipes that use moist meat etc? I have made turkey chili chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad, beef stew(this was too heavy I had a hard time after eating this)

Whoo! I did it. Won two trophys in the amateur level. Anyway...I just got banded on the 24th of this month. I am still on liquids until Monday. How thin are all those items you mentioned and how much can you eat of them before feeling full?

Good Wednesday to all! We are half way through the week.

Exercise roll call - today, I walked for 20 minutes and did about 10 minutes of step.

What did you all do?

Traci

I started Monday with 30 min. and 1 1/2 mile. Tuesday I didn't go to the gym, Today I walked for 45 min. which ended up being 2.5 miles and almost 300 calories burned. I am slowly increasing my speed, but want to start off somewhat slow. I am lucky because my small town has a great workout facility and I see many of my friends when I go in. It is almost like a meeting place. I want to start lifting, but haven't been given the go ahead yet. Good luck everyone. While i am on the treadmill, I plan my summer outfits. Makes the time go faster.:confused:

Hey February Band Buddies! I was banded on 2/24. I had my first really good day yesterday. I feel so much better. I'm added cream Soups to the liquids and I'm now able to get down some Protein Shake. I figured out that Water is the key to making me feel better. How is everyone else doing?

Hi Feb Bandsters. I just got banded on 02/24. I'm on the Protein Shakes and I have been eating the V8 brocolli & squash Soups. I'm so tired of the shakes and the cream soups. can't wait until puree stage. Please let me know if there is some other great product or recipe out there so I can have a change.

I just made regular tuna, chicken, or egg salad with a small amount of chicken broth to slightly thin it out. It was not soupy. I was banded on the 12th so my 3 week anniversary is tomorrow. I am lucky we have alot of seafood here and I can eat boiled shrimp, or crabs or crawfish. So I have taken advantage of that but my doctor said try to stay away from rice and Pasta. they tend to expand after you eat them and can cause you problems.. Cottage cheese for Breakfast, low carb yogurt, or eggs...I had red Beans from Popeyes for lunch and chicken salad for supper tonight

Banded February 25th, have a delay in emptying, and terrible gas but doing good!!

Hey All!

Banded on the 25th...feeling almost back to normal. I haven't had any trouble with being on liquids. Most times I can't even finish my cup of coffee in the morning because I am full.

The most wonderful thing so far is that I am not always thinking about FOOD! I feel like I have been very lucky I know some of you are struggling.

I did start with thicker liquids yesterday and that is nice...something besides Water, coffee and broth, yay!

I did find that the Roasted red pepper and Tomato soup...can't think of the brand...Pacific something I think, has the most Protein per serving for the cream Soups. And it's yummy...I don't even like Tomato Soup lol

I haven't really started much in the way of working out yet but hopefully by next week the energy level will be a bit better to do that. And it's starting to get warmer out so that always makes me want to exercise more...not sure why?

Good Luck!

~A

Ok, I read the plan to start exercising for us Fabulous February Bandsters....good God...I was putting this off. I walked in Walmart for nearly an hour today...does that count? I am still having gas pains in my left shoulder BUT with this challenge I AM going to get up right now and do at least 20 minutes of Dancing with the Stars on Wii.:cursing: Wish me luck!

I decided to do this kind of exercise today. I walked around Target for like an hour - no kids, no husband - it didn't even feel like exercise. Then I worked out my arms by caring all those packages to the car. I think I like this kind of exercise the BEST!!!!!! :)

Well hi everybody, I was banded Feb. 23rd so I guess this is my group! I'm an avid walker, I was walking 8 miles a day right before surgery and had gotten back up to 4 miles last Thursday, but developed an infection in my port incision so was back to the hospital and feeling puny again for a while. I went back to work yesterday and did 10,000 steps today so I feel like I'm getting back on track. Still awfully weak for lack of food! I am still on liquids, this weekend I get to go to pureed foods for most of March, and THEN soft foods & mushies. Outside of the infection, I have had zero problems and very little pain, just no energy at ALL. Hoping that will return soon.

Nice to meet 'yall!

Riley

I went to Water aerobics again yesterday. ran into a friend who was banded 3 years ago she has lost 140 lbs and still has about 30 to go....but she is looking good, feeling good and is ok with the food etc..She gave me a good boost. I have bad knees and can't walk very far so water is my best option.

I did another 20 minutes of Dancing with the Stars on Wii. I get my hips and legs into it to really work everything best I can and sweat a little. I have bad knees too and am really hoping the extra weight loss will help. I have a friend whose chronic knee pain went away with her weight loss of over 100lbs post banding. That is what I am wishing for too!