Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Bandsters Unite!

Hi, I was banded on the 30th of Jan. (Realize band) I had my first fill on March 3rd. I had 4CC put in. I was so excited because I was hungry and had no resriction at all. My big question is how many cc's can the Realize band hold because I can't even believe this but I am wondering is there something wrong with me did I stretch something, because I do not really feel any restriction. I feel as though I am doing this on my own using will power instead of feeling full. I am eating a lot less, I don't know what I am expecting but when I hear of someone getting full on their coffee, I sure wish I was closer to that. If anyone can let me know how many cc's the Realize Band can hold as I would like to know how much room I have to get tightened. I am scared that I am not loseing like I was when I was on liquids. Help! I am suppose to go back in a month, do you think I should try to go back sooner!

Hi Merisue63

I was banded on the 24th and my incisions didn't drain at all. Other than the staples being red (my surgeon insists on using them and leaving them in for 3 weeks), 4 of the 5 look healed. My port site doesn't hurt at all. I did lie down on my stomach today and it did hurt a bit, so I got off it. I feel like I could do anything. It is hard not to over do it. On the down side, I am not losing weight.

Hi Eva B

You are not supposed to feel restriction until you have a fill. True some people have a feeling like restriction. I think that comes from swelling around the band. I didn't & don't feel any restriction at all.

Kityy-mom, the thing is I did just have a fill on March 3rd. That's why I am so shocked that I don't really feel any restriction, I was hoping for more help from the band. Plus 4cc's sounds like a lot but maybe for the Realize Band it isn't? Thanks and glad your feeling so well.

Kityy-mom, the thing is I did just have a fill on March 3rd. That's why I am so shocked that I don't really feel any restriction, I was hoping for more help from the band. Plus 4cc's sounds like a lot but maybe for the Realize Band it isn't? Thanks and glad your feeling so well.

Did you get the band that comes in two sizes? I know that my doctor told me he put the smaller band on me, so I should not need as many fills. Maybe you got the larger band and the 4cc's just puts you where the smaller band starts. Just a thought. Anyhow, I thought you are supposed to wait around 6 weeks for the first fill in order to allow the band to heal completely?

I was banded on Feb 3rd and have been feeling great. The last day or two I have been feeling very sore over my stomach incision, no pain , but just enough to know that is there.I have not had this soreness for at least 2 weeks. Could I be overdoing it or could it be a sign of a bigger problem. I am still on purreed foods and have very little hunger. Has anyone else experienced this renewed soreness?

Wow, Gatornurse, you where banded 4 days after me, and you are still on purred food and with no hunger. How fortunate for you. I have been on real food for over a week and had my first fill. Good for you I wish I could have not had the hunger I bet you are really loseing weight nicely. Even with my first fill I still feel as though I am mostly doing it on my own. I guess with the different bands and our different bodies it is different for all of us.

I am so glad the nice weather is around the corner and we are all working on our new bodies, can't wait to lose the weight!

Oh Gatornurse, I forgot to mention Yes I did have my stomache get sore, I figured it was because of my pants being to tight and pressing on it or that I did to much but it went away and everything is fine. Don't worry, unless it gets worse or doesn't go away then you should call your doc.

Hi Kity,

I'm sorry your not losing any weight. Are you on just liquids? I"m on soft foods and I"m still losing weight slowly. You want to lose it slowly. Make sure you are eating low cal and don't over do it. My incision that was leaking has stoppd today, thank goodness. No diarreha since I stopped the grape juice and waiting 1 hour to drink anything. Hopefully things will work out now when i go back to work on wednesday. Good Luck! I"m sure things will turn around for you very soon.

I was banded on 2-13 can someone tell me how to record my weight loss with the cute graphics I see at the bottom of the posting. I have lost a total of 25 pounds.

Hi Eva B

Sometimes it takes more than 1 full to make the band helpful other times it cam take up to 2 weeks for a fill to be effective.

Kityy-Mom

Hi Merisue,

I have been on fluids only and start puree tomorrow (I did have something puree tonight I must confess i was not able to wait anymore). When I looked back on my Wii weigh-ins, I have lost 5 pounds since surgery. I have been the same weight for about 5 days now. So I guess it's not so bad. I am so fed up with the Fluid diet.

Kityy_mom

Hi,

Hedostar, I am in the same boat as you. I could and can eat everything!!! Have no restriction. I do exercise 6 days a week -Zumba, USTA tennis, elliptical, yoga and weights. THe realize band site says I do 450 - 800 calories of exercise a day. I am eating about 800 to 1200 calories and I am gaining!! About a pound a week!

But until that Vagus nerve is stimulated by a restricted band we will probably be hungry. .

The REalize C band holds 10cc of saline. From what people say it takes about 7 -8 cc before one feels a good restriction. I also understand that the fill schedule for the Realize band is first fill - 4cc., second fill 2 cc., and third is usually 2 cc and the rest is according to weight loss pattern, hunger level, etc. So it could take a while to get the optimum effect of the band. We must be patient but it is hard.

Edited by peachwood
spelling

Hi Peachwood,I see that you have a Realize Band and you mention a C band, what does that mean, someone else mentioned on here that there are two size of bands I never heard that. Do you know anything about that? Good for you with all the excercise, I am lacking there, perhaps you are toning and developeing muscle which weighs more so you may be loseing inches. I haven't heard of the Vagus nerve either if you can comment on that I would love to hear about it, I sure like the thought of having this band work on that nerve if it makes you feel full. Thanks!