Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Bandsters Unite!

Hey everybody!

I will be banded on the 25th. I am excited and scared of course. I start the 10 day pre-op liquid diet on Sunday but I got a jump start doing slimfast and very little solid food over the last 2 weeks.

So I am also here for extra support. So far my DH and boss know and that’s it. I am very close to my family and I don't think they would be supportive. My Mom actually realized my fears last week. I asked her to watch my daughter for an appointment and told her I was going to see a psychologist, which is sort of true. I am seeing one to work out the mental issues that got me here in the first place. Anyway here is what she said “I am so glad you are going this route instead of that ridicules stomach surgery, that’s such a cop-out!” This from a woman who has been trying for YEARS to lose a good 80 lbs and has not managed to lose one pound. It’s funny too because I never mentioned even thinking about having surgery to her at all. On top of that she can’t keep anything to herself so if I tell her I might as well tell my whole extended family and I am just not ready for that.

I am thinking about telling her I need a hernia operation…lol. Is that bad? I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place I am not a person who lies anyway, let alone to my Mom! What have you all done? Anything? It wouldn’t be so hard but she lives less than 2 miles away and we talk almost everyday, not always by my choice.:thumbdown:

Anyway, sorry this got so looong! I am just freaking out a little about it. I am glad to hear everyone is feeling good!:thumbup:

~A

Don't freak out. You are not a cop-out. you are making a decision for a better life.

If you have any questions, this seems to be the place to go. I read ALOT of the pre-op forum before I went. They always had such great advice.

Mothers - on the other hand - mine came to stay for a few days, because I couldn't drive my kids to preschool, and somehow I reverted back to an eight year old. :thumbup:

I was banded on the 10th. Things are going good I guess. I've got some decent gas pains in my chest and my stomach is really sore and tender. Other than that, I'm good. I love going to sleep, that's when I'm most comfortable.

Ale78

I am in a similar position, so the only people who know are my husband and my sister. I did not want to deal with the judgemental people that I call family. A family friend had surgery and they have done nothing but roast this person, because she sisn't lose the weight they thought she should. Of course at picnic's and dinner's its her plate is always a topic of discussion. So.... I lied and told everyone I needed to have a hernia fixed.

I was banded 2/6 and feeling great. I am trying very hard to get my Water and protein's in. Yesterday I managed to get 32ozs of Water, 8 ozs of Protein shake and 3 tablespoons of cream Soup down. I feel stuffed no matter what I put in. I am thoroughly craving scrambled eggs, but can't have them until Monday.

Good Luck.

Hi all. I was banded on the 4th of February in Adelaide, Australia.

Going well so far - so sick of Soup though! 5 more days till mushies and cannot wait!

I am still experiencing quite a bit of shoulder tip pain. I can't wait for it to go away and I can start doing some exercise! The pain is most prevelant when I am walking, so at the moment I am being rather sedentry.

I've lost 4kg (10 pounds) since the operation, and almost 12kgs (26 pounds) all up so far.

Hello all fellow Febs...

I was banded 02/09/09... if it were not for the incisions and slight restriction (probably psychosomatic), I would not know I had anything done. Keep posting and I pray that we all do well!

I have my first post-op appointment next Thursday and that has been scheduled for a few days before my proposed move to mushies.

Have a great day all...(ok yup... there is something in there al right!)

I was banded 2/5 and have done well. I am hungry and was told I have to do liquids for 4 weeks then purees for another 2weeks. Some of you sound like you are off liquids a lot sooner and I am envious. I wonder why all the dr.s say something different on this. I am wondering if any of you know anything about expected weight loss. I lost 9 lbs the first week when I was mostly on Clear Liquids but I have been weighing every day this week and have not seen the scale budge. It has been stuck for 4-5 days which feels frustrating since I am not eating. :thumbup:

Hey I was banded 2 9 09 and I feel really back to normal except for some pain when swallowing. I have no port pain and no upset stomach.

I don't think anyone is a sellout here, everyone has a common goal for a better and more healthy life. Nobody is judgemental at the person who uses cigarette Patches or stents in the heart. This is our tool if we choose to use it we will be successful if we don't well let's not go there. I respect and support everyone at this site. I have been so well informed and I feel people have my best interest in mind. I wish all newcomers much success in your journey. Remember nothing fast _________ last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Hi all iwas banded on 2/4/09. i fell pretty good I am just hunGRy:w00t: i admit i was not prepared for the post surgery eating or should i say drinking and i am having a hard time..I am in Bandster hell. :thumbup: But reading all of your post It makes me feel better and gives me hope!! It is a mind over matter and getting through the liquids is killing me. I hardly eat. If i am ingesting 400 calories thats a lot. I too have lost about 7 pds since the surgery. i have to go shopping got some kool ideas on things to drink:tt2: But what helps me most is these posts. I am getting depressed i am really mourning food!!!!! I am just going to keep reading and posting!! thansk ALL~~~~:)

:)

I was banded 2/5 and have done well. I am hungry and was told I have to do liquids for 4 weeks then purees for another 2weeks. Some of you sound like you are off liquids a lot sooner and I am envious. I wonder why all the dr.s say something different on this. I am wondering if any of you know anything about expected weight loss. I lost 9 lbs the first week when I was mostly on clear liquids but I have been weighing every day this week and have not seen the scale budge. It has been stuck for 4-5 days which feels frustrating since I am not eating. :thumbup:

Hey there!

I am also a Feb.5th bandster. I too can only have clear liquids plus my Protein Drinks for 3 more weeks. It gets frustrating but then I try to think about the BIG picture! I had my 1 week post op follow up today and everythings good. I return to work next Tuesday on light duty. I hope you all are good too! YEAH TO US!!!!!!!!!

Traci, what a great thread!

I was banded on February 10th, and aside from the gas pains, and finding it hard to get off the couch, out of a chair, or out of bed, I'm doing all right. I've been on the treadmill twice today, and right now, am drinking a Protein shake. My doctor's orders were clear liquids for a day or two, than back to full liquids. I go next Thursday for my follow-up. Does it hurt to have the stapples out?

We really are fabulous!

Debbie

Hey everybody!

I will be banded on the 25th. I am excited and scared of course. I start the 10 day pre-op liquid diet on Sunday but I got a jump start doing slimfast and very little solid food over the last 2 weeks.

So I am also here for extra support. So far my DH and boss know and that’s it. I am very close to my family and I don't think they would be supportive. My Mom actually realized my fears last week. I asked her to watch my daughter for an appointment and told her I was going to see a psychologist, which is sort of true. I am seeing one to work out the mental issues that got me here in the first place. Anyway here is what she said “I am so glad you are going this route instead of that ridicules stomach surgery, that’s such a cop-out!” This from a woman who has been trying for YEARS to lose a good 80 lbs and has not managed to lose one pound. It’s funny too because I never mentioned even thinking about having surgery to her at all. On top of that she can’t keep anything to herself so if I tell her I might as well tell my whole extended family and I am just not ready for that.

I am thinking about telling her I need a hernia operation…lol. Is that bad? I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place I am not a person who lies anyway, let alone to my Mom! What have you all done? Anything? It wouldn’t be so hard but she lives less than 2 miles away and we talk almost everyday, not always by my choice.:ohmy:

Anyway, sorry this got so looong! I am just freaking out a little about it. I am glad to hear everyone is feeling good!:thumbup:

~A

I told my mom, once I got the surgery date. She was not supportive at first, but I was telling her about how much I was loosing on the liquid diet. I've also explained to her that I understand that she doesn't agree with my decision, however, I'm an adult and I feel this is the best choice for me. It took her a little bit to get used to the idea but came to visit me while I was in the hospital.

Hey Everyone I just wanted to let you know I created a Feruary 2009 Group in the groups section. It will be a good place for us to all come together and support each other!

Thank you for all the responses on my family. I think I have just decided not to say anything and hope for the best :ohmy:)

Good job to all the losers! lol

~Amy