Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Thanks you guys.

I know it will be fine I guess I just worry about things too much. I am so excited to start a new chapter in my life...a much thinner one! I wish Friday would come fast so I can meet the surgeon and take the next step :(

Hey...

did you guys go through Kaiser? I was reading through some of these threads and want to make sure the lapband is covered through Kaiser and won't have issues with insurance and all that covering it.

Morning all

PAT: YOur back. I haven't tried Yoga but want to. I was gonna try to get a DVD. Any you recommend? Something easy to start out with?? They did talk to me about stomach breathing and mediation at ER. I took a week off work which probably helped the most just to have a bit of stress leave Z:-)

Well I am gonna get out of the house and to something to day. So happy to feel better!!

Tina - I have a several Yoga DVDs. AM/PM Yoga for Beginners from bodywisdom media. The instructor is Benagh and it has lots of time choices (for 15 min to a full hour) plus a talk about finding peace with the Dalai Lama. I've used it alot. Also All Day Yoga for Beginners from Giam with Rody Yee - he is amazing. Also have Beginner and Beyond Yoga for Wedight Loss and Yoga for Every Body both from bodywisdom media. I love the yoga studio I got to - it has a really good feeling - very peaceful, positive energy.

Hope you have a great day.

I just did an hour and half walk on a new path near my house - felt great. Also have done a major clean out of my closet yesterday and putting back in most of my size 14s - most fit great - some a still a little tight is the waist. Got some new organizers and am finishing it up today. Feels good to have 'new' clothes that I feel good in and to have everything in order. My therapist and I talked about eating and food as a control mechanism - something you can really focus on - when many things in your life feel out of control. It is a really interesting thing to think about.

Happy beautiful Sunday to everyone.

Hey everyone - I added an album with pre and post surgery pics. It was fun - since I've been having a hard time it really helps to see the change - sometimes I think I haven't lost that much or think about still needing to lose 50 more pounds - so it is fun to see the changes over time.

Happy Sunday!!

Pat: I know the feeling of having an organized and size appropriate closet :-) I did that two weeks ago. I like to stand back and just look.

Thanks for the Yoga info. I will check out the thrift stores first!! I have found alot of great DVD's for exercise there and I am sure I have seen some of the ones you mentioned. If I can't find them there I will head to the store. I think people buy the DVDs try them once than get rid of them. Their lose my gain!!

Down 5 pounds this week but at a dead stand still now........I need to be down another 5 or so and I will go back for a fill.

Moody band yesterday no restriction today restriction........I need to learn to use it as backup not my primary defense!! :-) Working on that.

PAT: I can tell a difference in your pictures. I need to add you as a friend to see them all though.

MO: Sorry you can't be there on the 26th I still haven't got to meet you.

COLE:

I have a 15 year old and I think dealing with her was harder than having little one!! LOL. She couldn't understand why I was so sleepy and lazy for a couple of week. She wanted me to play chauffer........you will be fine :-)

DONNA: your going to the seminar too?? Yea!! I miss you!!

TAMRA:

This is your fill week right :-) Best of luck. I see your scale going down.

PAM:

YOu camping your quiet this weekend!!

Everyone else hope your having a great one!!

Edited by swrktp

Hey all...

By the way my name is Becca since I have not told anyone!

I am looking forward to all of it moving forward and can't wait to clean my closet out like you all have :(

So I am super new to all this and want to make sure I have it right given that the title of this thread is Kaiser Richmond...everyone has had their surgeries done there? I am in Sacramento so was initially worried about doing this because I am so far away and nervous about if something were to happen. But you have all assured me that I will be just fine and I thank you all for that.

Tomorrow starts my pre-op diet...need to buckle down and get started. My story is a little different since I went to my orientation last year and waited until now to push forward. So...I have an additional ten pounds to lose on top of whatever the doctor orders. We will see. I love to get on here and read about everyone...makes me even more excited to get going.

Welcome Becca, I am in Citrus Heights and my surgery was in Richmond. I think there are a few SSF people here but most have been to Richmond and many from Sacto area.

Have you come to support group? We meet the 4th Saturday of each month at the Kaiser on Point West. The group is for Kaiser and non-Kaiser and all surgery types. the next meeting is the 26th @ 11...hope to meet you there.

Cleaning the closet is wonderful; I have had no issues with getting rid of the clothes and I have even had to hand me down clothes that were handed down to me...its a very rewarding feeling.

Good luck with your pre-op diet; it worked good for me and I wish you sucess also.

Hey Chrissy,

Was just thinking about you... I remember your surgery is in 2 days...

hope you are doing well.. and wish you the best of luck. :unsure:

Sherri

Hey all long time no post for me! Hope you are all doing good. Man that was a lot of reading and I still havent been able to get through it all but I wanted to give ya'll a quik update.

So hubby and I are slowly getting adjusted to life here in WA. We absolutly love it. We found a house to rent in the downtown area of Anacortes. It so darn cute. Little single family one bedroom. Its older which I love so lots of unique kwirks to it. We are hoping to move in by the 23rd of this month. I will post some pics once we are all settled in. Rob got another fulltime job to help since the painting thing is a little slow. There has only been a few nice days so far and it should pick up in the next month or so, but for now he will just work the painting into his new work schedule. I am absolutly loving my job. My boss said he would like to try and get me some more hours which will be nice. Although I am loving the 5 hours a day right now lol. I have so much day left when I get off work its nice to get stuff done, and it doesnt get dark until 10 here so that makes it really nice.

Weight is still the same but thats not due to the band, its due to my bad and stupid choices. Although this fill gave me good restriction I havent been choosing the best options. I think once we are in our own place and I can go back to cooking MY meals it will start going down again. We are also going to get back into the gym. Im not stressed really this is not going to happen over night so I take each day as they come.

Other than that things are great. Im so glad we moved here its been the best thing for the both of us. I do miss everyone there tho. I tried to find a support group here and a lady responded to me and said they tried it a long time ago but it didnt catch on so I guess im flying solo. Thats ok, the support Rob gives me is great (he gets mad if I dont order the right things and tries to correct me) lol. Anyways....Just wanted to drop a line and say hi to all!!! Miss you!!

Nicole

Nicole - so glad to hear everything is going great in WA. Why don't you try to start a support group yourself - even if it is only a handful of people?

yeah Nicolie you can use meetup.com :unsure:

Hey everyone! Long time no post. :unsure: Dex is 7 weeks old now and I've been cleared to work out and get my Lapband refilled. I have an appt with Dr. Baggs tomorrow in Vacaville and can't WAIT! I'm so ready to get back on track with my weight loss journey and am looking forward to setting new goals. We're going to Hawaii in October so that'll be my biggest goal! :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to being back posting on here often once again. It's been forever!

Welcome back Christine - Dex is so cute and Sophie has gotten so big. It will be hard at first getting back on band friendly diet, but you can do it - don't let Dr. Baggs give you too big of a fill at once.

Thanks Pam! I only have 2.5 cc's and he said that he'll give me 2cc's for the first fill, then 1 cc, then .5 for ever fill after that til I get to my sweet spot again. I had 5.5 put in on my day of surgery so I'm thinking 2cc's will be fine. Wish me luck! :unsure: