Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hello all!!!

Ashley, for real??? Pneumonia??? OMG! You be sure to stay hydrated and be very careful. I was going to call you to see if I could come over on Friday but..... NO! You need your rest. Take care.

All is well here. Maintaining and trying to lose....TTYL.

Ash, I am so sorry you are dealing with that! Coughing with the incisions is painful so you must really be feeling it! I hope that with rest and more fluids this passes quickly.

I had my post op apt yesterday with Dr Park. She was very happy with my loss and gave me glowing marks! She said that the wieght loss will slow down now but they are seeing sleeve patients continue to lose a pound a week for up to two years! Yeah, I had no idea that it could continue that long. I hope it does for me since I have such a big number to lose. Now that I have the go ahead I need to step up the excercise. Waiting to get started until after next week when my oldest is graduating HS. After graduation we get on a bus midnight for a Grad Trip to Disneyland, and I am chaperoning! I can't wait sit in a ride and fit! Last time I was there I was so uncomfortable.

Welcome to the new people...lots of good info on here so stick around. Good luck to the ones approaching surgery.

Edited by Ali2010

Welcome Acaaew. They may not recommend RNY for you as a cancer survivor. The Sleeve is more effective for those of us that have needed drugs in the past and may need them again. Because of that, the only surgery available to me was the Sleeve and since that was my 1st choice, I was thrilled.

Analynn, I get my calcium citrate chews at Bariatric Advantage. I like the raspberry and chocolate flavors.

Ash, so sorry you're sick sweetheart. :biggrin:

John, Robin doesn't advance to the last stage, that's up to Doc Fisher. Baggs and I didn't even discuss it so I just did it.

Has anyone seen or heard from Pat? I'm getting a little concerned about her.

Late for work, have to run....

Thanks John,

I called, no appointment yet. but at least I know they did not forget me.. she said to give her a couple more days, she is waiting to hear from the case manager

Sherri - I'd call.

Ashely... I hope you get better soon.. !!!

Ashley hope you feel better soon!! I had a bad cough after surgery for a week and it HURTS!! So sorry and an ER visit ..............feel better soon.

Went into Kaiser Vacaville today. Down 12 pounds so close to the 15 I hope for!! But I got lucky because it was more like 10 yesterday and still going up and down like crazy. Got another fill but debated alot about it first. I don't want to be to tight. Since I am down quit a bit I got a .5 fill. I thought maybe a .25 would be good but than I need to go back next month..............This way I can wait until August to go back. I am back to where I was a month ago, no apetite and really tight. Gotta get the weight off and it will loosen right up.......back to eating a bit less than 1/4 cup. I am in mourning about being back to step one gain!! LOL. Actually it is good for me. I will have to work myself back up to a cup. I was able to eat about a cup of food here the last few days.................trying not to take advantage of it but ya know!! LOL :-) Back to restriction.

TAMRA didn't see you how did your appointment go?? I saw another patient I knew there. Haven't seen her for almost a year and she looked good.

Hope everyone is doing well. Would love some updates on people ithas been quiet online.

Hello Everyone! Happy Friday!! In case some are not receiving Angel’s email’s or are new I thought I’d share this from Angel about the next Kaiser Point West meeting later this month. PM me if anyone needs Angle’s email to sign up.

Support Meeting

Saturday June 26, 2010

11-1pm conf. rm 2

Workshop

1:30 - 3:30pm Workshop

Dr David Kaufman will be speaking the first part of the meeting. He has a fabulous presentation with pictures and plenty of question/ answer time. He is a plastic surgeon with an office in Folsom. You can check out his web site before hand if you are curious. www.thenaturalresult.com

Author Gail Engebretson " Fat No More" will also be attending our June meeting. She will be speaking for about 30 min.

After a break she would like to do a workshop for us. ( I am so excited!!)

The cost is only $25 per person. Please email me if you are interested in attending the workshop. ( Only $20 for the first five people to register ) The workshop will be limited to 17 participants.

Even if you are not interested in the workshop, Please come to our regular meeting. The meeting is FREE.

YES!!! We will have our clothing exchange. Happy Shopping.

On Saturday June 26 the Kaiser WLS support group is privileged to have Gail Engebretson, author of Fat No More, Long Term Success Following Weight Loss Surgery, and Life Coach to WLS patients across the United States, conducting a mini workshop.

The workshop, Fat No More is open to all WLS patients – past, present, and future. This workshop will help you assess your areas of strength and weakness, pinpoint barriers to success, provide a blueprint for change, and teach an exercise for overcoming fear.

The workshop will be held at the Kaiser Point West from 1:30 to 3:30 PM on Saturday June 26. Registration is limited to 17 participants.

Costs:

Advanced registration (before June 22) $25

At the door $30

First 5 registrants $20

Edited by skiingj
Added website

I got the email from Angel. Looks interesting. I am gonna try to make it.........

Happy Friday everyone!! I am so happy it is the weekend!!

Where is everyone lately??

Happy Saturday Everyone! Enjoy...........

Hey all...

I just joined today and have really enjoyed reading all the wonderful information. I was wondering, when you all talk about losing weight was it after you met the surgeon? I have had my orienatation in Vacaville and had to wait until now almost a year later in order to set this next step up. Had some family issues and was not able to take any time off. So I am super excited because Thursday, June 10 I get to meet Dr. Park in Vacaville. I have gained a couple pounds since the orientation last year so hoping she tells me my goal weight then and I go from there. Thank you all for you support and being there!

Hello all,

So I have been outta the loop lately, with school being in the day I am never online.

The appt. with Dr Baggs didn't happen, I had to post pone for school again. I called and Bev happened to have an available appt. on June 17th, so that's my day.

I have been eating pretty bad. I have a new group of friends and no one knows I have the band. I eat Sushi, coffee, whatever they go too I can never say no. It's been hard. They always tease me for getting Decaf coffees, and ask me why and I just reply "ah my Dr told me too"

Today I had my first PB expierence. That was NOT CUTE. I was eating a waffle at Hometown Buffet with my bf and it got stuck, I had horrible pains. I told him dude I can't get it unstuck, I need to go to the bathroom BRB. I get in there, and all of a sudden it happens. It was so gross, I texted Nicollie right after and said "ummm I think I just PBed??" LOL.

Later this afternoon out of NOWHERE I got sick! I have a pounding headache, ear ache, my throat is sore and im sick to my stomach. I can't win.

Scale was 233 today. Thats ok, I expected it. I found out I will be in a wedding exactly one year from this week, so I really want to be at my goal of 165 there, looking like a cute bridesmaid hehe!

Soooo back on track tomorrow, I hope I don't stay sick to long. Hope you are all doing well.

Tina, did you do ok? more fills?

Hi Cole and welcome to the board. Congrats on seeing Dr Park soon; she was my surgeon and she is very good. I use the weight on orientation day as my starting weight and my weight loss is all from that weight.

Where do you live and what type of surgery are you planning? Many on here have had the lap band but us sleevers are in here too!

Wow, Nichole that sounds yucky! Nothing like a little pbing to get you back and track. Good choices!

It was a hot mf weekend and my food choices have not been the best...having mommy anxiety with my oldest gradutating on Tuesday...he's been by my side for 18 years and it's really hard for me to let go. I need to get out of this sadness and get to the happy mode.

TTYL

Thanks Ali for the welcome. I am super excited to see what Thursday brings. I am expecting her to tell me to loose and can't wait to start on the journey to being thin! I have never been thin and have bounced up and down before but never got below 170 which was alright...but want to pass that soon! I have a two almost three year old and want to be able to keep up with her and to be able to enjoy her to the fullest without always feeling so self concious. My family has diabetes running very strongly and I have been really lucky to not have gotten it but I can't imagine if I stay at this weight it won't be far out.

So...Thursday is going to be a big day for me. Getting me back in the game and starting to prepare for my big day. I am going for the lap band, seems to be the most beneficial to me. I want to have the option to have it removed if need be later in life.

Thanks for the support, I am addicted to this site already :)

Good Morning!

Things are going good here. Lot's of exercise and sun this weekend. My son got home yesterday so it was great that he got up and walked the 3 miles around the lake with me this morning. Weight loss still going slow but determined to be 174 when I see Dr. Baggs in August since that was the goal he set for me to be "overweight" at my six month check.

I won't be around until the end of the month as I have a busy work week and leave early Friday morning for France to spend a week in Provence and a week in an apartment on the French Riviera. I'm looking forward to a visit to St. Tropez and all of the other southern towns. This vacation is a treat for working my Sleeve and really taking care of myself this year.

I'll try to stop back before I leave. Have a fun day everyone.