Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Good Thursday afternoon all!

How is everyone doing? Sorry, I have been MIA for awhile, have been taking care of school duties, home & church too!

I am backing up onto track, w/ a 2mile walk(great cool day for it) and workout inhome. Hope everyone is doing well.

Welcome to allll the newcomers...congrats on beginning such a wild, interesting and rewarding journey!

(Cookiemonst-sp?) I had surgery in SSF, and am very glad I did...u can pm me with questions! Was banded 12/08...and am still on the learning curve...it is a lifestyle changing!

I sure miss everyone, BUT I have been keeping up with the reading, so glad Tina and all are back, Reggie u still around?

So here is a crazy thought...how bout a Vallejo Bridgewalk, THIS sat the 12th and lunch? Anyone game? Thought we could get one in before Chrissy's surgery next week.

Sorry Riley, I cannot make the 26th, that is our support group day...Riley could u come here too? There is a plastic surgeon planned for that day AND the author of "Fat No More" w/ a seminar. I plan on going, anyone else (w/ Tina) doing the seminar afterwards? We could maybe even bring a light bag lunch, if anyone is game. Can't wait to see (& HUG) everyone again! I really miss our ladies...of course John too!

Just thought I would check in...ready to bounce back in with my band on...and prepare well before the big bday.

Hope everyone is doing well, pls forgive me for not being around...email if you get a chance! :(

Hi everyone, especially to all the newcomers that have joined us over the last couple weeks. So many getting ready for surgery--that is exciting.

I have been celebrating my son's HS graduation this week and just got back from chaperoning his grad trip to Disneyland...a crazy fast trip but so much fun. Chaperoned 104 seniors--we left midnight Tuesday returned this morning at 7 am. I am so exhausted. Had dinner at the Blue Bayou, the resturant in Pirates. I had been planning that outing for a long time so I threw my food choices out the window but the good ol sleeve did its duty and didn't let me eat much but what I ate was supper yummy. I even treated myself to a scoop of ice cream. I hope that with the miles and miles of walking we did I didn't do any harm to weight. I will see in the AM!

Graduation was the first time many of my family had seen me in a while and they were all very complimentary on my weight loss...it made me feel good. My goal was to be down 50 by graduation and I was at 58 pds total lost...Next year my other son graduates and I hope to be at my final goal weight by his graduation! We will see.

off to catch some zzzzz's

Edited by Ali2010

Hi everyone!! Hi newbies! All is well here. Just marking my spot!

Hi all

OMG so I have found that no school on Fridays = EATING!!!!

I have snacked alot today. Also, I have an eye/ear/sinus infection and on meds...urgh

My cat has been in and out of the vet today, something is stuck in his throat and cannot eat =( They want $360 and I don't have it right now, so I am trying to figure out what the heck to do.

Hope you all have a better day/weekend then I am!!! :frown:

Guest sodapop

omg 4 days away!!!!!!!!!

I am down for anything! I will walk anytime anywhere we all need to meet up soon!

Hey guys, thanks so much for your answers! I really appreciate it. I guess if there's not much difference in the programs, I would probably chose Richmond since it is half the distance of SSF. My sister in law was banded two months ago and recommended the closer facility as well.

I apologize for not getting back and saying thank you sooner, I thought it would email me when there was a reply to the thread, but I only got two notifications.

Didn't want anyone to think I would just hit and run! :frown:

Hey guys....

Has anyone had the lap-band or any surgery for that matter that has a small child? I am concerned about the whole not lifting anything for like 6 weeks or something. My little princess loves to be held so don't want it to impact her much. Any advice anyone can give on everything would help... Or advice about pre-op

THANKS!

Hi Cole, I don't have small children anymore but I understand your concern. My second child was delivered by c-section and the orders for that were the same...nothing heavier than a phone book for four weeks...even though it was hard it worked...either my husband sat the baby in my lap or I would sit next to him on the couch or floor! Its just the lifting that's a concern. I forgot how old your daughter is but she can crawl up in your lap and she would probably have fun doing it!

Go for it!

Hi All

Riley - Yes I am game for 6/26 - even if we can't get a gang for Vallejo - how about a Petaluma Wetlands walk (you didn't do the whole thing last time! and if we are up for it we can walk both Schollenberger and the wetlands for a good workout!) BTW - you left a sweater at my house and I need to get it back to you. Also - have you ever done Yoga? Where I go on Saturdays your first class is free - we could do yoga and a walk!

Tam - you should come over too! I am into Friday eating at home too - it is my work at home day and I find myself snacking too! Sorry you are feeling poorly.

Donna - so glad you are doing OK. When aren't you busy, busy!

Tina - so sorry life is so tough now. Hope you can do something nice for yourself. I am off to Yoga this morning - it is really good for stress.

Chrissy - so happy for you! Hang in, everthing will be fine.

Mo - congrats - saw your post about size 8 shorts - OMG - so cool! You are amazing.

Lee - I wish I could fit in your suitcase - always wanted to visit France! I will see you at support group in July.

All the other people I don't know - welcome - this is a wonderful group. The weight loss journey is a wild ride and this group helps so much (and make it fun too!)

Anyone know how Candra and Jess are doing?

Have a great weekend - the weather is heaven here in petaluma!

Thanks Ali...sorry I somehow deleted all I just wrote!

I am just a worry wort and worry about everything too much. I am scared of the unknown and what could happen. I know it will be fine just get scared I guess. My baby is going to be three at the end of August...already. So she is able to do a lot but being a single mom she is dependent on me and is such a little snuggle bug! When I was pregnant I was horrified thinking I had to deliver a baby! But it all worked out and I am sure just like that I will be so happy with the results. Just want to get things moving along...can't wait until next Friday when I meet the surgeon. I love that I am able to do it in Vacaville rather then in Richmond since I am from the Sacramento area it is a lot closer. Hope someday soon they start doing it all in Roseville, that would be awesome!

I got the call yesterday and my appt with the surgeon was moved to the 18th :( I was so mad. It is so hard being so far away cause I have to take a day off just to go to any appts and its so frustrating when they bump me. So the lady I talked to told me the diet should have started after orientation...yikes. That was a year ago so I hope I am not in too much trouble!

I want to get my surgery moving! Any advice on how? I am not very flexible and able to be on a cancel list for appts unfortunatley :(

Cole83 - (not sure your name) your pre-surgery weight loss goal is calculated from the start of orientation. Whatever weight you lose between then and when you meet your surgeon counts toward the weight he/she will want you to lose before surgery. The amount depends on your health and stating weight - it varies alot. Once you reach the pre-surgery weight loss then you can schedule your case manager appt. who will then schedule you for surgery. I highly recommend Kaiser Richmond. They are one of a small number of bariatric surgery centers that have an accrediation by the Amercian College of Surgeons. It has a very high rating - one of the nurses in my support group says they are ranked 3rd in the nation. The program is not easy - lots of hoops but it is there to make you successful and also help you make a good thoughful decision for yourself. I wish you the best of luck. I really have a huge amount of confidence in my surgeon, Dr. Park.

Morning all

Feeling so much better today. My lungs are finally clear and I can breath~~ LOL. A huge plus. I agree stress probably made things worse but I being able to catch my breath makes life easier.

TAMRA: You cat?? How is your cat doing? That would scare me my cats are my babies. Also I agree that days home are my worse days for snacking.

PAT: YOur back. I haven't tried Yoga but want to. I was gonna try to get a DVD. Any you recommend? Something easy to start out with?? They did talk to me about stomach breathing and mediation at ER. I took a week off work which probably helped the most just to have a bit of stress leave Z:-)

Donna: I will be there on the 26th and I am doing the seminar too. I have the book read it. I am excited about it. Is anyonhe else going to be there??

Well I am gonna get out of the house and to something to day. So happy to feel better!!

I went through Kaiser Richmond. Dr Baggs is my doctor and I highly recommend him!! He is a great surgeon and a nice guy, funny too!!

Cole83,

I just had my sleeve surgery on the 25th and I have 2 little ones - 2 & 3.5 year olds. I needed help the first 2 weeks for the 2 year old to be put in his car seat, but other then that they where okay. I was given the go ahead to lift them up at my 2 week post op apt. but to just lift with my legs. Before then I just had them use a stool or something to climb up higher to me on my bed or on the couch if they could not reach. You will be just fine.

Good morning. I had my band placed 2 months after my baby turned 1years old. Mind you she was not walking and refused to walk until 15 months. I had to rely on my husband for a few weeks. But after that like Ashley said, we were fine. I also have a 6 year old. This has been a great journey!!!

Ok so, I'm planning to wear my size 8 shorts on this very hot day in the Bay!!! Lol.

Hey Ashley! I miss ya girll!

Unfortunately the 26 isn't good for me. I'll catch you all on the next excursion.

Have a great Sunday!