Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Thanks for asking Ali...

It went really well. I met Dr. Baggs and he seems awesome! He actually suggested I got the rouen surgery or something...but I am still wanting the lap band. He said because I am young I may have to have another surgery to replace it in a few years...but that is okay with me. He said the lap band would only take me from 255 to around 210...but I am sure I can lose more.

He set my Psych appt in Richmond for July 8...and he only wants me to loose 12 lbs. After that I can call the case manager...weigh in and possibly surgery by Oct :thumbup:

Has anyone had lap-band who is around 250 on here? I mean would you recommend a different surgery? I just worry because my mom had one of the orginal bypass surgeries like 30 years ago and had major issues and had it reveresed. I know it has evolved since then...A LOT. But she passed away and they said she had not absorbed things right since she had the surgery eventhough it had been reversed. So...just worries me to have things reconnected and or removed.

But super excited after meeting Dr. Baggs :smilielol5:

Morning all,

Congrats on your fill Mo!! awesome!! We both have 6 cc's now :thumbup: Can't wait to eat today (ending my 48 hr liquids) but I am scared to see myself gain lol.

Tina ~ I always think of what ifs LOL so In my mind he didn't hit the port lol, but I am bruised, I am gonna have to tease him next time for sure!!

Well, as of today I am official OUT OF THE 220'S!!!!!!!!!!!! My scale said 219.5 this am (and Kaisers is usually 1 lb less but I will go with mine). I honestly cannot remember when I weighed 219. I don't even wanna eat food I wanna just stay on liquids LOL but I need something to see if I am tight or not! For Baggs wanting me at 216 by July 23 I apparently will have no issue there....I hope! :smilielol5:

Pam- you look good!!!!!!!!!

Mo- Congrats on the fill girl :thumbup: We are gonna party when you are at goal !!!!!

Cole, plenty of people on Lapband Tallk have lost in the upwards of 100 lbs. The surgery you have is really up to you. Personally I would never have bypass just because of the malabsorbtion. I had the sleeve for many reasons (allergies to meds, and GERD ect.) But just do your research on all the boards, VSG talk, and obesity help boards. Then approach your Dr. with that information so the two of you can make the best decision. Make sure to look at the bad and the good!)

Just posted a updated pic btw!

Cole - you can lose more than he said with LapBand if you follow the rules and exercise. I started at 285 - lost 30 before surgery and am now 206 1 yr 10 mths later. It may take a while to lose what you need to lose, but this isn't a race it is a lifetime of behavior modification. If the eating behavior and stuff in our heads don't change, the weight will come back on - even if we lose a lot of weight in a short period of time. We have talked about this before but there are a lot of new people on here now.

No matter what surgery you have, the weight loss is fast at the beginning, but they all slow down and plateau - that is when we get frustrated and have a tendency to fall off program - me included. For me at least losing alot of weight was great, but it only exposed some of my actual issues - I was using food to suppress them. That has been scary for me - having to deal with the real issues, but I am working on it.

Today is a great day!!!!!

This morning the scale said 202.5, and i fit in my first size 16 pants in over 7 years, and my hubby bought me a Cadillac Escalade!!!!!!! Whooo Hoo!

Good Sat AFternoon All,

Just ckin in...WOW, so much a happenin!

ASH--congrats!!! Don't the 16's feel great? You will be doing 14's in no time...AND WONDERLAND...sams has cute capris, 14's for a good price...but you will prob go thru those quickly too! Congrats on a new car also, pls dont forget us 'little' people! hehehe

Congrats ... MOE, TAMRA, PAM on each of your weight losses! Say...time to add up the "BIG" number again!!

Cole, AND all our newcomers...Pam is so right, and others who said...girl...do your homework, research Good & Bad, all 3 surgery choices to determine with your doc which one is best for you...ask questions...lots of em! These ladies here are a wealth of knowledge AND real life experiences...

CONGRATS Chrissy who is now sleeved! Ash, u so cool for getting to be there, April too! Also, Dave-what a hubby!

Hope this coool sat finds everyone doing well and moving midst the breeze, before the heat hits! I have been back on track with a walking, I have one month til the 'Big' B'day and 3 months to our local 5K in September...so in training!

Just curious, who is planning on making it to the Kaiser Sac Support group next Sat, and what we might do after, or is anyone besides Tina doing the seminar? I have heard this warm and real author speak before...she does well!

For those who are interested... it is 11:00 - 1:00 PM,

Kaiser Point West, Response Road, Sac.

We generally meet for 1-1.5 hours then separate to respective groups of surgeries (RNY(Bypass), Band & Sleeve)

So much support and comradrieship, ALSO a great clothing exchange, you can bring your clothing to, which is donated to a nonprofit org right after the meeting, in what is left.

Hope all who are celebrating have a great Father's day tomorrow, and those who are missing Daddy (I am) enjoy the good memories and take time to be comforted also!

Hello to everyone in the group, think I saw April mention a gather & walk time for possibly the 10th of July?

Jon, where u & Nikki at? Disappearing? Heather how the house, puppy and YOU? And allll our ladies doin? Missin everyone! Pat? :thumbup:

Edited by roseyyyd1

Guest sodapop

HEY EVERYONE!!! I am SLEEVED! yay!

Thanks to my bff's for posting for me. This is the first time I have been on the computer! Ash and Nicole told me that everyone had been asking about me so I thought it was time to say HELLOOOO!!!!!!!!! Surgery went "perfect" as Dr. Im said. I got Surgery on Wed morning then let go on thursday about 5:00pm. By time we got home with traffic and had to stop twice I felt like I got hit by a Mac TRUCK! i felt so crappy but much better now.

Thanks for all the well wishes and if It wasn't for my awesome Ash and Nicole I was going to make dave take me back to the hospital!! So I am a GAS nightmare. I am having so many issues getting down Water or anything. I am already on stage 2 and It seems imposible to get anything down! HElp my Sleeve peeps! I am taking the gas x strips and WALKING every 2 hours because I am so damn parinoid. That stupid thing I had to get in my neck is "draining" now so Dave my hubby just went to get antibiotics. I have to be on them because if this stupid thing is training it's infected and that isn't good if I JUST had surgery. So KEFLEX for me. I have even been walking durning the middle of the night every 2-3 hours. Dave is being so good and helping me and going with me at night!

So yes I am GREAT except the whole burping/gurgling issue. Like I said I can't even get water down without having the hiccups or burping for an hour afterwards..THIS IS NORMAL???

Thanks again all I am gonna go walk and try to get down at least an ounce of water down.

OHH AND I AM DOWN TO 243!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Tamara, Ash, Candra, Pam and all you other "losers" (lol)...you are doing great!

This weather really helps and it if stayed like this we would all be so happy...not looking forward to the heat!

Cole, I started here going for the lap band and then after doing research on all the boards switched to the sleeve. It's all a personal choice and each is good and bad for many reasons. I like Ash's idea of reading all the different boards...the good and the bad...none are perfect and go with your instict.

Ask us all, we all love to share opinons.

I am going to be at the support meeting on the 26th at Point West but not going to the workshop afterwards.

Evening all.....

Tamra I bet you have restriction. I lost 10 pretty quick last time I had a fill. Down 15-16 now and slowed way down. I still have restriction though as long as I eat protiens. I don't have the full feeling that I had right after the last fill that was SOO NICE!!

COLE:

I am surprized that Dr. Baggs said that. Re op? Why that makes me wonder what that means. Cause I have a band and I don't hope for a re op. I was 254 when I started and I am now 213 but I was down to 194 before I had to get an unfill that last 7 months ;-( Now I am back on track!! But hmm.............that makes me pause a bit and wonder why

Is anyone else going to the training? Just gonna be me??

He just said that there are some newer studies coming out that are showing the lap-band is better for older people because the younger you are the more chances you have of having an issue later on possibly even having another surgery. I am thinking he was more or less trying to talk me out of it... just the feeling I got.

I am pretty set on the lap-band though and know that no lifestyle change will ever be easy but I think having it as a tool will be super beneficial.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Cole- How old are you? I had some age related stuff come up with Doc Fisher. (I'm 26) Partly due to my age, part due to me being childless. For all the new folks, I've been in the process with Richmond for over a year now. Doc Fisher gave me a pre-surgery weight loss goal of 84 lbs. I lost 50 lbs quick, but I've been struggling for the past 6 months or so.

I'll be at Point West next weekend! It feels like it has been so long since we've seen each other (Because it has!) I'm hoping we can do a walk soon too. I want to have everyone over, but I have to get this darn house in order. We finally finished putting the last two doors on today. We took all the doors down before we moved in so we could paint them, and never got the closet door or the guest bathroom door on! Little by little we're making this house our home.

Took the puppy for a walk today, we did 26 minutes according to my pedometer. He's a small dog, and it's only his 3rd walk. I'm going to get him going on much longer walks with me, but we've got to work up to that.

Morning all,

Congrats on the new car Ash! That's exciting.

Tina I think I do have restriction. I get full after a few bites, and bread deffently sticks!! No more of that!

And after 1 day of eating, I am up 5 POUNDS, back at 223? What the heck? I guess my choices were not to smart or something?? I haven't gone potty yet tho (TMI) so that could just be my food sitting but sheesh!! my period is due too, I dunno!! we will see, I may have to go back to liquids...I got kinda addicted to them, because the scale was moving...lord I would be the one who ends up with an eating disorder. LOL.

Good Morning Everyone.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Ashley-Congrats on the new ride. Come take me for a ride. Let's go shopping. We both need new clothes. Call me. I'm off Thurs and Friday.

Question for all...Okay so, I am now at 6cc's... My question is????? How do you know if things are too tight?

I just took my Vitamins and boy oh boy...they got stuck for like 10 minutes...Extremely painful. I had to go get some hot tea and take gulps to get them to go down. I do not want to end up in emergency or back at the Dr to get an unfill. What should I do???? If I work hard to lose a few pounds quickly, will this feeling go away because I'll have a tad bit of room down there? Help......