Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tina, I am only 3 weeks post sleeve but my pb episodes have stopped. I got them only when I drank Water to soon after eating. I hope it continues that way once I get on regular consistency of food.< /p>

Yesterday I didn't eat lunch so by the time I was able to eat something I was light headed. I didn't feel hunger pains but I could tell my the way my head felt that I needed to get something in my stomach. I ate about 3 oz of turkey and I was good.

Lee & John, congrats on 3 sleeved months! John sounds like you are staying close to program during your travels and that is awesome. Lee, you are going to look smokin in the Riveria with your slim body and a deep tan! That is so exciting.

Do you guys use on-line programs to log your food or do you do handwritten? I have tried a few different ones on-line but they all seem so time consuming.

Hi all!! Boy you all have been busy. I am just checking in and haven't had time to read over the past 5-6 pages of posts....I will later. Have a great Sunday.....

Thanks for asking about me.....

Hi Mo!!!

Ali, I've used every online tracking program over the years. Fitday, Sparkpeople, Daily Plate. The one that I switched to at surgery time is call Myfitnesspal.com I find it to be incredibly simple. All of the foods that I eat are already in their database. I can track my daily exercise, fluids and food as well as write myself a note on daily happenings if I want to. I haven't gone to their forums etc. I already spend enough time online!

Hi Ali - Thanks. I've been snacking a bit, SO hard eating out in front of other people, even if they know about my surgery. I tend to eat less in front of them and snack later. Not good but I'm so afraid of sliming / puking while out. I've also been partying (alcohol) quite a bit with my friends. When I get home and weigh-in I wouldn't be surprised if I’ve not lost any weight since I left Cali. We shall see!

Good Sunday to all!!!!!

Guest sodapop

Tam-did I miss something? I never said anything BAD about the band. I was going to get it in the first place.

John-you have had drinks and no problem with alcohal?

Ash-LET the countdown begin!

Ali-didn't get the recipe can ya send it again PLEASE! christinesoda@yahoo.com

can't wait to make that. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks post-op for you!! OMG! time flies!

My appointment is WEDNESDAY for my casemanager then hopefully I will get my date!

chrissy

John-you have had drinks and no problem with alcohal?

Chrissy - Yes I've had plenty of alcohol, mostly rum these past few weeks. Never really liked beer but I do like my mixed drinks. When I decided to move forward with the Sleeve being able to have some drinks here and there was a small factor. I did clear it with the doc but admit I've had a bit too much this past month being away from home. I’m still trying to figure out what best to mix rum with. Staying away from carbonated and high calorie ingredients like coke, cranberry and the like. I’ve been using crystal light to mix with when I can. Long Island's were my drink of choice but I'll now stick to a weaker drink. Good luck with the case manger appointment!

Edited by skiingj

I BP'd twice today on dense protien......sausages. Hmm.......so I am doing a protien shake tonight and starting again in the morning. Darn it that hurts.........I think they are just to dry gonna try something different for Breakfast tomorrow. Scares me when that happens......went to Olive garden with my daughter and couldn't do the salad but I did eat the broth of the ministroni Soup. I am sure they wondered why the liquid was gone but the Beans and noodles were still there!! I got a weird look and they asked if I like it. I didn't have the energy to explain the band. Sometimes I do and sometime I don't..........

WHen I started all this I kept the Band a big secret. Now I tell everyone. I don't know why I was so worried about it being a big secret. I don't care who knows now.........If people ask I tell them. If I am out to eat and can't keep up with everyone else. I tell people. Easier than all the questions and worries I am not eating or don't like something they made :-(

Ok I still have a fever I am headed to bed early and can't wait to get some sleep.............

John I agree eating out is hard. We do it at work alot for unit meetings. It is hard to make 1/4 cup last the whole hour and people want to know why you don't eat......awkward. Especially since my boss pays for everything I feel like I need to try and eat. I usually go for Soup and sorta panic when we go to a place without soup. Soup you can make last a long, long time.......LOL. Sizzler just about did me in and so did Red Lobsters.........I am a vegetarian so they are hard resterants anyway. But still when I good restriction I sorta like to eat alone more than go out..........it is just a pain trying to figure it all out. I would rather eat alone which I am sure probably means I need to practice eating in a group!! LOL

Tina, I find that the Morningstar Veggie Sausage Patties are still too dense for me at three months out. Regular pork sausage - awful UGH UGH UGH. I'm sorry it got you. I hope you feel better and that your fever goes away.

John, I knew you were a Sailor and drink like one too! :) I haven't tried alcohol yet. I may have a taste of wine when visiting the wine country next month. I've only been to the champagne district several years ago when visiting Paris so it might be fun to try vineyards in the south.

Tina, I'd rather eat alone or with close friends too. I'm not a big fan of going out these days. It seems like a lot of fuss for a few bites of food. I tend to eat that one bite too many if it's not food that I prepared myself and then I feel sick. So much easier to just have my 1/3-1/2 cup of measured food and eat it and be happy and feel good.

AH Bella it was the morningstar sausage patties!! THanks you make me feel better. I think the sausage links are better I got some today. I know I have to stop the oatmeal and yogurt.........thank goodness someone else has been through it.

I agree with eating out. Alot of fuss for a few bites and expensive too. I like my 1/4 countainers and stuff I know stays down. My new definetion of comfort food!! LOL. I just really don't want to eat out unless I have to. My boss doesn't know about my band but I am gonna tel her when it comes up.........land yea I agree it is easier to take the last bite and than you sit there uncomfortable instead of being part of the conversation!! LOL.

I use Calorie Counter for my food log. I have to be creative with the soy meats and veggie protiens but I like it. I find it easier than doing it by hand.

Ok I am visiting online and not sleeping so I think I will get up and do my laundry.

Who is going to the support group this weekend?

Blog?? WHere? Who are we talking about I wanna read a great blog too!! LOL.

Hey hey hey all.

Ok so I know I have asked this question a million times but where do I get the Restaruant card for the kid menu? Now with the fill I am totally eating less than a kids portion. And if I do go out to eat I really dont want to waste money. Not planning on eating out but Just in case. I made stuffed bells tonight and ate about 3 oz if not less of the filling (I dont use rice) and was stuffed. Im down 8 lbs already and its amazing.... I cant believe this is what a fill is supposed to feel like lol...

Pam, im so happy you have lost 11 lbs thats AWESOME!!! I know how hard you have worked!!!

Well im off to go grocery shopping, hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.