Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ah I am not sure I want a sponser.......LOL. Kaiser and the food logs are enough of a babysitter for me right now. Can't you go to OA and just sit in? I am also looking at Celebrate Recovery down the street from my house.

I told Dr. Baggs is was sad at 38 years old that I need to have a babysitter and do food logs........we both laughed and he said your not alone in needing to do food logs!! LOL.

IF the sleeve was around when I had surgery I probably would have taken it. All the appointments are hard and I worry about my insurance all the time. With the sleeve I would think your ok if you lose your insurance. I had a hard time finding a fill doc to see me without insurance. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find someone.....

Edited by swrktp

Guest sodapop

Ali-OMG! You are loosing so fast that is awesome! I can't wait-I am so anxious.

John-Thank you for the "visual" of you in a SPEDO!!! Lmao :thumbup:

Nicole my Long lost BFF-Congrats on the fill. Yay for you!

Heather I love the new baby and the name is great. House pictures damnit!

I am still at a standstill with the weight. Blah. I can't stop weighing myself. I am so obssesed with it. I have3 scales!! I can't wait till Wednesday. I want my date so bad! I feel like an anxious little kid.

Candra my boobie sista I am gonna start calling you post-it cause your posts took me an hour to read!! Ha ha. Kidding. And you are right, You, Dave, and your hubby all reminded me how did I pass that psych? I am a great at telling the voices to be quiet for an hour or so.:biggrin: ha ha.

Ashley-You have like a count-down for your "big day!" I am so excited for you!

It's almost FRIDAY!! Woahh hoooo!! I am gonna try to exercise my bootay off this weekend. Moxie my 85 pound pit Bull has been taking ME for walks at night! She is a nut so we walk, jog, walk, jog. I have no other choice she walks me! Let me tell you last night she kicked my butt. I think if anyone wants to borrow her she is a GREAT personal trainer. You just gotta pick up her poop. ha ha ha :thumbup: I think I am gonna do my walks with her this weekend AND hit the gym. Only a few more days till I weigh in.

Toodles! chrissy:tongue2:

Hi everyone, just checking in! I have my pre-op apt @ 2 tomorrow and I will let you all know what happens when I get back. <3

Good Luck Ashley! You are going to be all set to go! It will be great.

Ash - you got this! go girl Can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow

John - Can we come to miami to visit if we promise not to wear speedo's?? BTW - I will be looking for those pics of you in your speedo next summer LOL. Does it feel like your pouch is bigger now already? I could fill it with lots a fiber... can we band the sleeve??

Chrissy - my bossom buddy - Did you get my pic in my new bra? Ebay! I got lucky to find it on there.

For those of you with the larger cup sizes... I have found them in the US at Nordstroms - just be prepared to pay $75 buckaroos. Yes, they do have them at lane bryant for alot less but they start in a size 38 - a couple sizes too big for me :biggrin: Whatever you do, try it on at nordstroms, write down the brand, name & size then check ebay - I just got a "fantasy" brand bra - model is Karla and it fits so very well! Think I'll get a check for advertising???

Oh, Tina - I was online with fillcentersusa but I can't really find any info on the doc - did you HAVE to sign up thru them or did you go to her directly? They have a 1 year plan but no prices listed. I don't think I want to do that because I hope to have Kaiser back soon enough but for now, i need a fill. I don't think you need a sponsor at FA but that is the way its suppose to work - if its like OA. so if I'm gonna do it Im gonna go all out - no half assing this time LOL. That is, if I can wrap my mind around turning myself over to a higher power - don't think I can though....!

I didn't get an email about the sac group. What happened to Angel? I so enjoy her humor!

Donna - did you get the email - you don't want to do it on a regular basis? We could kinda lead ourselves under your supervision. We can pic a topic each month and we could all share.. like show & tell. hahaha - where are you miss lady?

coco - no babies! not yet anyway... You should get a new email address by the way and slowly refer people over to it without forwarding it or announcing the new address - then flat cancel your current one LOL. I will look at your new pics in a sec - gotta finish my 5 page post

Ali - did you say 50lbs? Would you be offended if I called you names - jealousy rears it's ugly head! Oh, well, I'll get over it!

Pammie - where for art thou, Pammie?

I am down 1 pound this morning. No dinner last night so that is why I am sure......

You go through the main fill center in Arizona. They than call and make the appointment with you three way for the closest location. THe lady I work with done in Arizona is Charlotte Yazzie. You have to fill out an online application. The first appointment is 365 and includes a lifetime sign up fee. You get like a binder and book at the first appointment and a fill, and a check up on the band. After that you call and schedule an appointment through the Arizona office when you want another fill. After the first one it is 165 a fill. You can go to any fill center in the USA once your signed up. So if you move or if a closer location opens up.......you can change with no extra charge. The year plan is 1200 and includes 8 fills. I knew I didn't want to do that one. THe good thing is you get an appointment the next week. They get you in fast.....1 8663455872 Charlotte Yazzie is who answers.

I am happy to be back at Kaiser. I really like the fill center too but Kaiser is a good fit for me right now. But if fills get crazy again I can always go back to the fill center .................just wish they had one in Sacramento.

Donna and Angel both will be out on the 22nd that is why Angel sent out the email................. :-(

The higher power stuff is where I got stuck before too......I would rather be in control and can't figure out how to fit in a higher power.......it never really clicked with me. But I think the fact it didn't click might mean something :-) LOL. Maybe me wanting to be in control all the time is what gets me in trouble. But yea I am not sure if it would work for me or not either. A sponser is a really control issue for me though..........that would bug the crap outta me to have to answer to someone all the time or if they got in my face.........*********Sigh******** Debating if being in control all the time is really all it is cracked up to be. :w00t:

Edited by swrktp

Congrads on the next lb Tina. I actually have thought about contacting fill centers of usa but the $365 seems like ALOT. I pay $147 a month for Kaiser right now, and I would have to stop them and save the money for a few months to afford the fills. Is it worth it in your mind, really? Because if so, I might have to do it. I have only lost 18 lbs since surgery and it seems I am done. I am hungry all the time, never restricted, and have never been sick from eating to much. I just dont know anymore?

Tamra that is a hard one. 365 IS ALOT. It just about killed me. I am still juggling my finances after doing that. But the 165 is easier. 147 ongoing gets expensive too.......If you only need a few fills it might be cheaper to go to the fill center. I did two and I needed one more........I suck at math but that comes out to about 600 dollars or six months of Kaiser. If your already at 5cc's you must be getting close.

For me I was starting to gain weight and I worked to hard to lose. I HAD to get a fill to avoid losing ground....so I decided it was worth the money. JUst I was still paying 300 a month for Kaiser at the same time. But I am losing now so it is all good.........we all have to do what we have to do.

I think it is worth the money. But if you could stick with Kaiser just until you get good restriction it might be cheaper. That 365 hurts!!

Once you get a good fill the band seems worth it.......my opinion. There is such a HUGE difference between now and a week ago. I am NOT hungry and am having to remind myself to eat this week. Last week I was struggling not to eat to much. Night and day difference with good restriction at least for me. I eat to much when I am bored or stressed. But now it hurts to much to do that so who knows what new addiction I will pick up when I get bored or stressed. For anyone out there in bandster hell it gets better with fills...............at least for me. Good restriction makes food a job not a hobby for me. No fun to eat if it hurts and nothing fits down there............I have to plan to make sure what I can get down keeps me full......thus it becomes a job to stay full!! It changes my mindset and months ago when I had restriction it was the same thing that is why I like the band. I can't complain right now although I sure did when I was in bandster hell.......;-)

Tamra 18 is good though. It took me six months to lose 34 after surgery............oh course now I am losing some of the same 34 but it is all good :-) Just try not to gain cause getting it off the second time is harder than the first I should know!!

Edited by swrktp

I feel like I am spending all this money for Kaiser and not using it (lol typical unemployed thinking). I kept it for the surgery but at this rate when I see Baggs in 10 days I am still the 229 he saw me in March! I wont get a fill!

I look around this site and I see all these people getting fills all the time, how they have restriction, etc. its kinda....discouraging? I want to have the tightness and not be hungry. I can seriously get a whole burger down (bunless), and fries? I am not eating that of course, but I am using it as an example.

I thought about keeping the cobra and borrowing the money for a fill....I feel like that might be doing to much

Ive been toggling the same lbs. The lowest I got was 224 2 days after my fill in March, and since then I have been stuck around 229-234. I already told Robin I was having a hard time with foods. Its like if something is in front of me, I eat.

I am at my old apartment right now (my ex kept our condo) and he had some Cookies. Did I walk past them? No I grabbed one on my way to the couch. I have no will power, which is part of my issue.

Guest sodapop

I am so sorry that you all have to go through this! This is why I am choosing the sleeve. It dosent make sense to me..It's almost like why be bandded? I dont understand and if you have NO RESTRICTION-then why have a device in you?

Last night Moxie my Pit Bull and I went for a walk-we started at 9pm and didnt get back until after 10:30!! I got LOST in my own neighborhood. And this isn't the first time. My neighborhood is so confusing and I always feel like I am in an avalanche and dont know which way is up, downrward or backward. Especially at night-my blind ass cant see! We got so lost I tripped on moxie for the last 45minutes because she wouldn't even walk anymore! Lmao. What a blond moment. Makes me not wanna walk anymore. ha ha. but at least I got in a FORCED almost 2 hour workout. Thank god I didn't get kidnapped!:w00t:

YAY for FRIDAY! Have a great weekend. More exercise for me ALL weekend.:laugh:

Chrissy

Edited by sodapop

Guest sodapop

BTW-Candra I got the pic. Damn GIRLLLLL. YOu are smoking HOT. If I were only a lesbian. And you were too. hahahahah! :w00t:

LOVE YOU!

Donna where are you? I have called, text, and emailed and NOTHING. :laugh:

Chrissy