Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Thanks so much everyone for your suggestions and encouragement, it really helps.. :)

have a couple of questions if anyone has time..

I am getting a little tired of tuna, chicken & egg salad, I am not a very imaginative cook...

does anyone know of a good high protien low carb cookbook?

also I heard someone mention a support group that meets at the point west location.. does anyone know when the next one is and the time? It is really close to my work

thanks

Sherri

The next Point West support meeting is Saturday May 22 from 11-1. It is always the fourth Saturday of the month.

Congrats to all the people getting close to a surgery date.

I am 13 lbs away from Onederland and I haven't been under 200 for over 20 years.

You didn't seem crazy when I met you Chrissy. :)

Sherri,

I went to Obestyhelp.com and they have a receipe section and there is some good stuff there. I am making the ricotta bake today.

Amazon has a couple cook books that are topiced on recipes for lap banders or gastric bypass; even though I had the sleeve I am going to order one of those when I can have a diet with more variety.

Even though it got old, I found that having one menu that I liked and just keep repeating made it easier. For me it was lunch, I always had my 1/4 cup cottage cheese, sliced turkey, and aparagus.

I am not much of a cook either so I know what you're going through.

CONGRADS LEE ON YOUR ONE-DERLAND!!!!! That is so awesome and I am super happy for you, I knew you would be one of the most successful with your surgery. Thought about you yesterday when I went thru Oakland along the lake :)

My 2 band sisters Pat and Nicollie, miss you guys!

Guest sodapop

Ha ha Pam! I am a nut-just wait next time. lol!

yeah I am sooooo sick of eggs, chicken salad, cucumbers, wheat bread, lunch meat-ect...yuck. Makes me not even want to eat sometimes! I am always on the go though so I am always trying to do something quick and easy. It has been double hard because my hubby doesnt cook anything but mac and cheese so I am on this pre-op diet and they are eating mcnuggets in the other room. lol....That my friends SUCK! Imagine smelling Taco Bell or any other food while you are eating egg salad. Not my idea of a picnic.

Conrtats to everyone that are in onederland. I am so jealous. I can't wait to be there!

So I have my case manager appointment NEXT wednesday and I get on the scale and I am 2 pounds heavier. I am freaking out a bit. I didn't do anything to gain! Now I am in complete panic mode but I have also thought maybe I need mom again. lol....I dont understand it either. My body what did I do to deserve this? lol. It's not like I went out and ate a pizza. I have been following this pre-op diet to A "T" Anyone have any ideas cause I am freaking out.

HELLLLPPP!

Chrissy - maybe it is too much sodium? lunch meat has alot of sodium and nitrates - maybe cut that out for awhile. Do you weigh at the same time in the same type of clothing? I weigh 4 lbs more at Kaiser in the evening in my clothes and shoes than I do in the morning naked - even though I wear light clothes and shoes at Kaiser.

I also always weighed more in Richmond than at home.

Chrissy I dealt with the pizza, tacobell, everything you can think of in the next room. It gets easier trust me.

Guest sodapop

Pam-I have been doing the lunch meat thing this whole time so I dont get it. I lost all my weight in 3 weeks which was really fast and staying the same for 2 now. Then this morning I was up! Yes, I weigh myself first thing in the morning same clothes. I am sooooo bummed out!

Tam-Yeah I know but it is sooooo hard to do it! I am not a fast food junkie but my kid needs to gain weight and I need to loose it so it's not like I can cook for everyone...I am just feel so limited with my options right now. blucky!

:smile2:

I AM A food ADDICT!

Seriously, has anybody tried the "food addicts" group? I think I'm going to look into it for real. I THINK about food 24/7 and I can't seem to get a grip on it. I'm ok if I don't eat at all but once I start I'm a mess - can't stop! UGH!!!

Had to get that off my chest. Ok, where were we...

Tina & Nicole - I am so flippin happy to see you guys back up & running on here!

Twin T - Thank Goodness for the fill. After my first/last fill I lost like 8lbs quickly, kept it off for about a month but couldn't lose anymore - not down to the 10 Doc Who said I needed to be at and, well, now I've gained that 8 back. GRR. In March we paid 1000.00 to cobra to get it up and running (had to pay some back pay for some rason) just got a letter stating my cobra ends at the end of May and we are done! I thought it was for 18 months but apparently, it's 18 months from when you stopped working - not 18 months from when you get off disability. My husband is off disability and our 18 months is up! I wish I could get a fill before it runs out but I know Doc Who won't give me one. I love him but he's a tough cookie!

Nicole - I did not realize that you had ALL your Fluid taken out. That just really sucks but it can't be worse than bandster hell when you have to restriction anyway so I'm here with ya! You have the exercise thing on your side. My friend joined 24hr in Vallejo so we started going together. Yesterday was our 1st day and boy did it suck. I truly hate exercising. I can't wait for the pool to be done with it's "maintenance" so I can get back in there. That is the only exercise that i don't hate. Don't love it but I don't completely hate it either - I think I need hypnontism for real! Back away from the crazy BFtoo!!!!

Heather - think of it this way, look at all the "exercise" you're getting/have gotten without even trying LOL. Does your puppy wake you up 15 times a night? My cat has been doing that lately - just ramming his nose in my mouth with the loudest "Meow" possible - basically saying "wake up and pay me some attention, Damn it!" If I roll over, he walks over my neck to my face and starts all over again - WTF? mating season perhaps??? He is fixed though....

Ali - I so love Tomato Soup and I just had to tell you that because it has way way way too many carbs for me to eat it :smile2: I miss it :smile: so please try to enjoy it LOL. Congrats on your 9lb loss - I found it - boo hoo.

Pammie - you are so flippin right about the behavior thing. I never thought of food as much as I have since I've been banded. I'm not hungry so don't get me wrong - by all means, I am never really hungry - it's all in my mouth. My taste buds send up these signals to my brain like "hey, im bored, give me something tasty" On mothers day I went to an all you can eat buffet - BIG MISTAKE! BTW: Chrissy is a tad crazy.

Coco - Turn off the email! LOL. You & Robbie have fun last night gambling all your hard earned money away ????

John, Yes, come home! Cali misses you too!! I can't wait to see pics of the "New Body"

So much I wanted to say but once again, queen of the long posts, forgot!

Chrissy,

I think I would change up your diet a bit; try something different to get your metabolism back working. If its your time of the month you may just be retaining Water too! shake up your excercise a bit; by changing things a bit you may wake up in a couple days and be down 4 lbs.

PS, don't weigh yourself everyday--its to stressful. Maybe 2 or 3 x's a week.

Also, I ate lots of Wendy's chili and Taco Bell pintos during our hectic nights when we weren't cooking. That was the only fast food I have eaten since jan. Oh wait, I would eat a bunless burger from in/out (no fries) once a month. All the food places have their nuturtion on their website so as long as I plannded for it seemed to work for me.

Don't worry, it will drop back down.

Ali - Lucky you with eggs in Purees. They must have changed it. Lee? Purees were the hardest for me. Gross stuff.

Candra - Hang in there!

Hi EVERYONE!!!

Pat, Kaiser Fremont doesnt have a pre-op class just an apt. with the Dr. which I have this Friday. So I don't think that they give out the relaxation tapes that you guys got @ Richmond.

I still don't know how the ultrasound results are yet for the gallbladder but I'm sure i will find out on Friday.

I hope everyone is doing great, 13 more days until mu surgery.

Good evening all!!!

YAY Lee how exciting you are in wonderland. I really thought I woulda been there by now but its a slow start for me I guess lol.....Good Job... Hopefully I will be there soon.

Candra, Yes we had so much fun. Played with $160 for 2 hours and walked out down $5 so thats a good thing. It was cool. Havent gotten another email so thats good. Ready to put that to rest. OVER IT lol.!!!!

Tina and Nicole glad to hear you guys on here. Nicole I didnt know either that you had the Fluid taken out either. Have you thought about a fill center? Good luck.

Chrissy you WILL do it!! Dont freak out, just cut out the sodium like Pammie said and see how that does. You have done so well and you will ROCK that sleeve!!

HEather hows the painting and new puppy? What the pups name??? Pic please lol.

Mama Ash I cant believe only 13 days OMG OMG OMG.... Have you started nesting yet lol... I did about a week or 2 before surgery lol. my house was spic and span!!!

Ali, how ya doin? How ya feeling???

Everyone else how are you? I miss you guys!!

SO I go tomorrow after work for my fill. Im so nervous and excited! I am anxious to get the Barrium Swallow to make sure my band is where it should be. I am going to bring my binder so I can show them my pics and stuff about my band. I hope this will finally give me some more restriction. YAY Cant wait.

Robbie and I are going to lay low and rent a movie tonight, we are both tired (and its only Tuesday)....UGH. WOrk is nice tho since I only work 10-3 I still have so much of the day left and it doesnt get dark until after 9 here so even better.

Anyways, have a great night everyone!!

uggg, still not getting it right and tossing after I eat. I am eating a 1/4 only but it seems when I take a sip of Water an hour later I get sick....makes for a miserable hour or so until it passes...having this three times today is not fun.

Thanks Ali, I have been looking on Amazon but just not sure which book to get, I will try the obesityhelp.com

I sure hope you feel better soon !!!!