Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Wish I could come Weds but I am in school that night again....hopefully when it turns into day time class I can come because I need the group meetings bad.

CONGRADS PAT!!! I am so happy your loosing again, thats awesome!

I see Baggs in 22 days and have 14 lbs to loose for my own personal goal and hopefully a fill. if not its no biggie, its my own fault!!

Hello!! Happy Bday Candra!!!

Heather and everyone who is on my FB I posted pics today!! I will be posting them on here tonight. We are going out to din din in a few mins..YAY.. Ali I did the same thing. I dreamt about food and let me tell you EVERYTHING on Tv looked amazing!! lol....

Pammie I wanted to say hello and like everyone else I didnt know you were not going to lunch that Saturday and I am so SAD I didnt get to hug you goodbye so I am sending hugs right now!!!!!

New job went great today!! Everyone is super nice and I think I am going to love it there!! So Happy Monday!!!

Chrissy I cant wait to hear how it goes on Friday!! OMG OMG OMG!!! Just tell the voices to hold off for an hour or so lol....

Pam, that was a great article. I need to reread that one once in a while so I keep this journey real...I can relate to the "lottery" syndrome.

Pat, you are doing great job. Keep it up. Congrats on the fill.

Happy Birthday Candra!

Hi Nicole. Hope your having fun?

Chrissy, your so funny..if I passed the psyc part you can too...lol

Lee, your doing great. Keeping busy studying hopefully helps you keep your food on track. It's this down time that is hard on me.

Hi to everyone else. I'm starting to get a little restless around the house so I'm keeping busy. I am not hungry but I sure do miss snacking and watching some tv...lol those days are GONE BYE BYE! lol

Hi again everyone,

I had my orientation today in vacaville, I have my surgeon appoinment next monday the 10th. I was given Dr. Fisher, does anyone have any feedback on this Dr? He was at the orientation but really could not get a read from him.

and I have to make one quick vent.. why do they use chairs with arms when they know they are going to have a room full of large people.. sigh... it was a very long day.

lots of information though, still not sure if the band or the sleeve is right for me.:thumbup: It is exciting and scary all at the same time.

starting the "meal plan" tomorrow wish me luck :thumbup:

LOL, funny how they don't think about chairs. I had the same chairs when I was in vacavlle for the pre-surgery class.

I am sure you will get feedback re:Fisher. I haven't heard anyone talk negitive about any of the surgeons. That is great that you got your apt so quick.

Good luck on the diet plan! Work it--you can do it.

thanks ali, appreciate the support. :thumbup:

I have a question about the sleeve.. is it true that you no longer experience "physical Hunger" ?

I have heard people say that since the portion of the stomach they remove is the part that makes the hunger pains you no longer have them but when I asked the doctor she didn't collobarate that theroy.

I had /have good ole Dr. Fisher. I willhave to getback to u cuz I'm turning in for the night. I'll address tomorrow. Nighty,night!

Howdy Folks!

Not much time to post tonight. We got a new puppy today! Yay! He's pretty darn cute. I'll post pics soon.

'Night!

Good Morning!

I hope to see some of you at Kaiser tonight!

Sleeve hunger: Yes, around day 10 my hunger returned, but not like pre-op. Then it went away again when i got to pureed foods. Not at eleven weeks out, I do get hungry between meals. I think my acid reducer may not be working properly. The thing about the hunger is that it's not like I used to be hungry where I'd get that "I have to eat right now" feeling. Now it's more like a subtle hollowness. I think I'm very unique in that many Sleevers never feel hunger. It takes so little to satisfy the hunger. A 1/4 - 1/3 cup of dense Protein at this point fills me up.

I'd suggest wandering over to Obesityhelp . com and check out the Sleeve forum and also go to verticalsleevetalk . com which is devoted to the Sleeve so you'll get lots of feedback before making your choice.

Dr. Fisher did John's sleeve and Dr. Fisher assisted in my surgery with Dr. Baggs. :thumbup:

Hello everyone long time no write!! I am at work so just a quick note.... I am still on the plateau I am hating it, but partly just because car is in the shop so I am using that as an excuse not to go right to the gym after work..... I need to have my surgery soon so I am getting motivated RIGHT now!!!

On a positive note I went to an open mic night for comedy and it was actually a CONTEST I found out after arriving, well I won that night and am now in the semi finals with 44 others 1100 people tried out.... I have been asked to do a Feature on the 26th..... It was hard because like I have said body image is what has held me back alot.... But now I just make fun of having surgery and it is all good.... Like we have to lose weight to have surgery.... MMMMM why am I here again... (believe me I do know why) lol!!Looks like you are all doing well I will read up later!! Have a great day!!!

Good morning all,

Loads to get done at work and no more internet at home 'cause my son wont leave his room if he can play games all day. SO. Work is stressful, Chris buying a house (escrow closes next week) is stressful, change is stressful, getting my older son to Sonoma every day for his externship is stressful. Money troubles are REALLY stressful. Bill collectors are stressful. YIKES! I am one big ball of stress!

Changing my ticker to reflect reality - I am on my way back down after 5 months of ignoring the rules. It's only a tool . . .

Hopefully I can get on later to post more, right now I'm just checkin' in!!

Hi Everyone! Long time no post!! Riley I'm there with you got off the "following the rules wagon" but I recongized it and I'm back on. I am still 202 today can't get under 200 darn it!! but I am the only one to blame. Today was a good day...I'll keep focused..I see baggs next week and he wants me under 200 too.

Candra--happy belated b-day gurl!! Heather- congrats on the puppy, and Canolie oh you look so happy congrats to you too on everything new job, new town, new house and most importantly a NEW YOU!!! hUGS AND KISSES EVERYONE.

Congrats Rachelle! That is so awesome--I wish you the best of luck in the next round of comedy comp! Keep us posted.

I have only lost 4 pds since surgery last Monday; I am not going to let it get to me but I thought I would lose more in one week. Since the day before surgery I was so sick with food poisoning I lost 4 pds right before surgery so maybe that is why its only 4 pds...oh I don't know, probably could analyzise it a million ways but seems like a waste of energy so I am staying postivie that the weight loss will continue at a good pace, at least for a few weeks.

Have a great day.

Loved the pics Nicollie!!

Still hanging on 229 (same weight as when I saw Baggs in April). Must remind myself ITS A TOOL. DO THE WORK!

Have a great week everyone