Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Good info Pat! That is exactly the type of book my husband would love - conspiracy theory - LOL the food industry is out to get us - probelm is, it's so true. I'm gonna check that book out.

Hey Lee - you are a prius like me! we burn fuel too efficiently - instead of 18 miles to the gallon we get 50! So sorry :smile:

Pat, you have done a terriffic job on the weight loss--you should be proud! You are really going to win this battle.

Lee, thanks for the reminder that there is no magic cure obeisty. Keep working hard and sharing your experiences--they are helpful to us just starting.

I can not find that darn progresso soup- black bean and bacon--I even looked on the progresso website and they don't list that variety. I will hit trader joes and see if I can find something as that sounds good and filling. Chili always did me well so I think that Soup would be a good choice.

What about Protein Powder? Did anyone use that to sprinkle in thier food? I think there is an unflavored kind, right?

Ali, once I discovered Trader Joe's Latin Black Bean Soup, I thought I could live on that forever. Put a teaspoon of sour cream or greek yogurt on top and it's heaven. I also loved Trader Joe's Organic Creamy Tomato Soup. Those and Fage got me through the full liquids more than anything. I wasn't allowed to start full liquids until the 5th day post-op.

Here's the thing about unflavored Protein powder, it still has the smell and taste of protein. I bought a canister of it and hated it. If you're going to do protein powder, I'd say use a flavored one and add it to greek yogurt. You can thin the yogurt out a little and just mix it very well. I didn't worry about protein until I got to the pureed stage. I more concentrated on getting in those 64 oz of fluids once I got to day 5. In the full liquid stage where pudding is allowed, I got a product at Vitamin Shoppe that I loved and still eat on occasion. Bodytech Dutch chocolate Protein Pudding. You mix a single packet with 5 or 6 oz of Water or skim milk. Let it set for a little in the fridge and yum. I like it mixed with milk to cut the sweetness of it. It goes down very easy. I never tried the vanilla flavor of it. You can make Jello with grape Protein Drink but I just wasn't that into jello for some reason.

The one day that I tried cream of wheat (day 10) it started me being hungry after that. I did much better without those carbs because they just ignited my hunger. Up until day 10 not a lick of hunger surfaced. I still stay away from the carbs and focus on protein.

Don't forget those no-sugar added popsicles. When melted they're 2 oz of fluids.

When you get to pureed, we'll talk. :smile:

Guest sodapop

ha ha PAT!! I was totally worried about telling her about all the voices in my head-I was thinking about just when I sat down and just scream at all of them "shut up!" lol. maybe throw in a bark or two and bite the air too. I will wear my bib so I don't drool (I hate that) I have passed all my law enforcement ones so maybe I will be able to do this one too. I will just have a long talk with all of them before I get there to make sure we are all clear and this is about ME for once and NOT THEM. Ha ha ha..

Candra reminded she passed so that totally put me at ease. LOL!!! I think I am good. I also can always use the excuse I am blond right? :laugh:

I have an awesome day planned with the hubby tomorrow and he is so trying to guess what it is. lol! We are getting full body massages. I can't wait. Then heading to see an awesome friend for her BIRTHDAY PARTAY!

Happy weekend folks!:thumbup:

Good morning ladies and John! All is well here. Trying to stay focuses and enjoy all life has to offer!!!

Crissy, you are a commitable....FOOL!!! Love it!

Have a great weekend!

Hey hey hey!!

Ok so I seriously could not read everything, you all are back in action with the posting.!!! I skimmed a bit.

Pat Im so glad you got your fill YAYYYYYY... You rock!! I am going to the fill center up here in about a month or so maybe less I NEED A FILL!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes I miss everyone already hehehe. Sittin in my new home with my kitty cat!! The drive was 17 hours and yes I was going to die at about hour 15. But we made it fine. It was dark when we got in so I didnt really know what I was in for but let me tell you in the morning all I could say was WOW!! It is absolutley beautiful here. Im on a freakin Island... CRAZY. I feel like I am in Fort Bragg or Santa Cruz, thats pretty much the only way to even begin to describe it.. We drove around and went house hunting a little bit today. For now we are staying with Robbies uncle, we have our own little space and its good for now.. lol. I start my new job on Monday and I am so ready. Already got everything unpacked that we need. so thats nice, I can finally relaxe. I feel like im Bella from Twilight LMAO!!!! Robbie said I can ride on his back and pretend He is Edward and I am Bella and we will ride through the forest. LMAO.....

I will be posting pics soon. I promise. I have taken a bunch already but I think we are going to go explore some more tomorrow.

Im glad everyone is doing well and I hope you guys keep kicken butt!! Love you all....

Hi everyone,

Sorry to be MIA for a while, but all this studying has sucked away my time. Only one week to go before the big test.

Pat, congrats on the fill. I am really hoping to get one on Friday because I am struggling now. No significant weight loss for a couple of weeks and I am able to eat far too much. The scale is just inching down and I can't feel my band. Argh...I am upping the Protein like Robin said, but I am still hungry all the time. I hate obsessing about food. I knew this would be difficult, but hopefully Dr. Baggs will be sympathetic and give me my first fill.

Nicole, glad you made it up there safely. Post some pictures twilight girl.

Ali, hang in there with the pain. Getting out really does help and if you are like me the pain just fades away around 12 days or so. I ate a lot of Trader Joe's Soups, but found making my own satisfied my need to fuss in the kitchen and they tasted a lot better too. I love to make potato leek Soup, but I went easy on the potato and added in asparagus or zucchini. I topped it with Greek yogurt and felt satisfied.

Congrats to everyone making progress and getting to goal. I know that if I hang in there, this rough patch will pass.

Good Sunday Morning Everyone,

The weather was awesome yesterday and look forward to the same today. Yesterday there were so many garage sales I went "shopping". I found some great patio furniture so it was fun to get that all cleaned up. It was also prom day so had lots of happenings helping my son get all handsome. He and his gf looked so darn adorable!

So with my busy day I was up and around all day and I felt great. Soreness now is just when I go from sitting to standing, my right side really pulls, but once I am up I am fine. I am so glad to be past those first few days of bad pain....made me regret doing this.

Last night I dreamed about food all night long...that I was eating and ordering food all over town! lol. I must be missing food! I have not felt any hunger so that is good but food just sounds so good!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Pam, thanks for sending that link. I got it in my email and enjoyed reading it.

I'm having a good week and enjoying the weekend. I just walked the 3.5 miles around Lake Merritt and now I'm heading out to go swimming for the afternoon.

Just a reminder that the Wednesday Kaiser Meeting is having a clothing exchange this week. Only rule is that we have to take home any clothes that we bring that people don't select to take home.

Yay for Spring! Have a fun day everyone. :thumbup:

A quick hi to everyone.

What a beautiful weekend. We got the grass put in our backyard - so it is finally finished. It has been beautiful to sit out in our gazebo and have Sunday morning Breakfast. The spring flowers are so pretty. And walking at the Wetlands is so much fun now with all the little babies - today say lots of teeny tiny baby ducks - sooo cute.

I am finishing my 3rd day of liquids after my fill. I am looking forward to something other than Soup and Protein shakes! I also think Bandster Hell may be over - thank goodness. It was a really hard 7 weeks! Laurel - it sounds like that is where you are.

Weight has finally broken lose again - down 4 lbs since last week. And I did more exercise - 3 days during the work week last week and both days this weekend - so much better than what I had been doing.

Lee and I are meeting at my car after the Kaiser Rich Support meeting wed for clothing exchange if anyone else needs stuff. I am giving whatever size 16s Lee wants, but have a few 18s etc.

Love and hugs to everyone. Have a good Monday.

Morning all! Happy Birthday Candra!

Pat, I noticed in your yard you have a plant trained on a trellis or wires or something, was that a fruit tree? I'm paying so much more attention to people's landscaping nowadays!

Wishing everyone a day of good, healthy choices!

And Coco- I'm glad you're up there safe! We want to see pictures. And I'm now picturing Robbie with you on his back, up in the trees. Lol.

Hey all, good morning! Happy birthday Candra!!

I am the shinig example of "the band is just a tool." I have regained weight to the point that my pants are too tight, and guess what, so is my band! This is not my band's fault; it has done nothing wrong. Instead, I have wronged my band, mostly by eating carbs, sugar, and sliders. I have even been eating wheat (in the form of crackers and cereal) which is KNOW is a big no-no for me, it's causing horrid bloating and gas and cramping and "other."

This is the down side of love I guess :blushing: Chris needs to lose 10 lbs too but so far neither one of us seems to serious about it! At this point if I can just take the carn bloat back off I'll be good for a while. Maybe if I had something like a big vacation in my future I could find my motivation again . .

Anyhow, love to all, got to go back to work now! :thumbdown:

Guest sodapop

Happy Birthday Candra!

Happy Monday everyone.

Counting down the days till I have my Psych-FRIDAY is the big day!

I am still at goal but still toggle between 2 pounds. It makes me mad!

Grrrr...lol

Chrissy

Hi everyone. Happy Birthday Candra!!

Just wanted to say HI to everyone. I hope to see some of you guys in the Kaiser Richmond meeting on Wednesday.