Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I'll be there Saturday!

Ashley-I'm so sorry for your wait! Only 12 patients per month? That seems low. Only 144 patients per year? Or is that just sleeve? That's craziness. Just keep with your diet and exercise plan. You can do this!

Ashly, I wish I could give you my spot because I am having second thoughts! Uggg, this is so scarey! I am sure I will not change my mind but I wish they would hurry up and call me so I have a time and then I will locked in!

Ah man Ash that sucks!! a waiting list WOW!!

Hope your all doing well, I am 100% off the program right now. I am so over it. Thinking about emailing Robin or Liz for some insight and help.

Have a good weekend all.

Haven't been called yet for my time on Monday, they call me, right?

You call them today.

Okay I have a phone appointment with Robin this Monday. I am going to log all weekend how I eat and I am just gonna break it down. if I am scolded oh well it may help me back on track!!

Hello Sis & Bros SOS!

For those who can make it today, April 24th,

Kaiser Point West off Arden Support group 11:00 - 1:00PM!

Hope to see everyone there, we will miss who cannot make it...have a blessed and healthy day!!!! :biggrin:

Good Morning!

I came to wish CoCo a fun "see ya later" party. I hope you all have a great time. CoCo, I'm wishing you all the best of everything that this world has to offer. I hope that this move brings everything you desire in your relationship, life and furthering your dreams. Good Luck!!!

Tamra, why not start with coming back to support group in Kaiser. Beatriz came last week and she's doing terrific and looks gorgeous. There's lots of inspiration in that room. Who cares if you get scolded. You didn't have the surgery to stay fat so go anywhere you can for inspiration and motivation.

Ali, did you get your time? I'm so excited for you.

Ashley, is your PCP at the Fremont Kaiser? Maybe you can switch to Richmond for surgery. There's a girl in my mini-support group that switched from Richmond to SSF and she's thrilled with the program there. She lives in Richmond but made the switch for surgery. I'm not sure how much faster Richmond is but they have 4 surgeons there. I know that Fremont gets most of the Bariatric patients from Sacramento. When I went to the Elk Grove support group most of the people there went to Fremont for surgery.

I've been doing ok. Month two weight loss for me was only 4 pounds so that was very disappointing. I think I'm retaining fluids like a bear. So I set out to figure out what I have to do to lose. I'm not going to be held back by a failing metabolism. I go to several support groups/lunches a month to keep me motivated. I've discovered that to lose 1 pound or 2 a week, I have to exercise 1 hour a day, keep under 20 carbs and keep my calories between 500 and 600 for now. Things are starting to speed up now that I've learned what rules my body. I've been walking to work and back and walking 30 minutes at lunchtime. Weekends are swimming and walking Lake Merritt both day. I'm still in the soft food stage, eating around 2 ounces of meat per meal. I think I've finally figured out how to keep food down and now I'm concentrating on keeping down my Vitamins. John, how you doing? I was glad to read that you've got some work in your future. Email anytime.

Mo, Jes, Pam, Pat, Heather, Riley, Laurel, everyone... have a great weekend! :biggrin:

Hi everyone, my nerves are kicking in but I am trying to keep busy. I did get the call from Kaiser and my arrival time is 8:30 Monday AM. Wow, I can't believe that I am getting so close....I am trying to not have a "last meal" but I so want to go drink beer and eat french fries! lol

Nicole, I wanted to say best of everything to you on your new chapter of life. It really sounds so exciting to start a new life in a new place. Keep your spirits high and your focus on your health!

I was planning on coming today but I need to take my son to get fitted for his tux for prom and of course it needs to be NOW--lol. So hugs to everyone and I will post after surgery to give you an update.

Have a great day everyone!

I'm back!!! It was great to see many of you today. Donna you did a fabulous job presenting. i love your energy and spirit!

Everyone looks great! We are pushing ahead. I plan to be at 50% of goal by the end of May. My birthday is on the 27th and I would love to go for a walk with you all.

When are you all free???? Throw some ideas around!!!

TTYL....

It was lovely to see you all today!

Candra- I'm so glad you made the trip. I've missed you!

Mo- Girl, you've got some great legs! I saw those cute skinny jeans. You look great.

Ashley- Thanks for the clothes! I tried on the maxi dress, and I know what you mean! It's a bit tight in the midsection... lol. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Donna- You're wonderful, but you know that!

Pam- I'm glad you came! We should get together and walk again soon.

Chrissy- You're awesome. I know you're gonna get those 3 lbs off. Hell, they're probably gone already!

April- I had a great time talking with you today, I can't wait to go bounce for your bday!

Nicole- Ah coco... I adore you girl! But I'll see you Tuesday and haul that fridge away. lol.

Congrats to Christine! I know the last thing on your mind is checking lbt but Congrats on your new arrival!

John, Tina, Reggie, Riley, I'm sorry we missed you today.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Hi Everyone.

Sorry I missed yesterday, but am still in the middle of working on getting my admin credential and class was yesterday.

Nicole, best of luck in your new life in Washington.

Ali, I was a bundle of nerves before my surgery too. Lots of second thoughts, but I am so glad I went through with it. It is an adjustment, but being thinner and feeling better is so worth it! Post when you are able to so that we know you are okay.

Off to the Highland games today. No beer or fish and chips though. I am taking my own Snacks. I am a changed girl.. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/images/smilies/modern/laugh.gif

GOOD LUCK IN WA Nicollie!! I will miss you!!!

Lee ~ I am in school right now and I go Mon/Tue/Wed evening right now, so I can't make the support groups....