Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ashley, very interesting. I had occasional heartburn/indigestion and even had a Rx for Tagament (sp?) in th past. I had no idea I had a hiatal hernia until after the surgery. It has not gotton worse. I haven't had it at all since the surgery. I was under the impression that it would be better not worsen as a result of the surgery.

CONGRADS ASH!!!!!!!

So I was 226 this morning, up 2 lbs grrrr!! I swear this is so hard! Soo my bf and I talked and figured out something:

I see Baggs in 21 days. From tomorrow the 15th until May 6th when I see him, I am gonna bust AZZ!! If I can get under 220 by then (example 218, 219) he will treat me to a wine, appetizer, and dinner at my fav place in El Cerrito The macaroni Grill....I know it's bad to reward with food, but it really got me excited to have a nice romantic dinner, so starting tomorrow its ON!!!! I am gonna hit the Lafayette Reservoir in the AM for the 3 mile walk, and do ALL Protein tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Okay, Tamra! Do yo thang.... I plan to all Protein tomorrow too.

B-Scrambled egg and 3oz ham

L-4oz grilled salmon filet (I already made it)

D-grilled chicken filet with 3 tbsb. broccoli

I plan to go to the gym tomorrow. Today was my day off.

Ashley – Wow. Lots to think about. I rarely had acid reflux. With the Sleeve, Gerd (acid reflux) is a possible side effect. We take Protonix to combat any reflux. I don’t think any of my vomits or spitting has been reflux. Only a couple times have I had reflux and it’s been so minor that it’s not a problem.

I do remember my doctor talking about reflux being an issue before proceeding with the Sleeve but I didn’t have much history with it. Since Gerd is a real possible side effect I understand why they have concerns.

I personally would lean towards getting Sleeved or Banded then if you have problems you can always get revised to bypass. I didn’t think Kaiser did DS, only RNY?

I think whatever you and your doctor choose will give you great weight loss results. Is she leaving it up to you to make the decision?

Ash, that's lots to think about! They talked in one of the classes on how the refulx was a common side effect after sleeve surgery. You might want to look at verticalsleevetalk.com as there are posting about that subject and not everyone ended up with it.

That's a tough choice, the RNY has been used for a long time and I know lots of people that are very successful with that surgery and many of them have never had any pbing. On the other hand you could sleeve and you may be fine and not have reflux. Good thoughts to you in your decision!

Happy tax day! First time in many years that I did my taxes before the 15th so I am proud of myself! I only did them on the 13th but that is still better! LOL

Morning all!

Hey Ash, I did not know that I had a hernia OR acid reflux until I got out of surgery, LOL. I would have issues with an acid-y stomach and feel like I constantly has to have something nuetral in there to stop the feeling, leading to a lot of overeating, and could not eat spicy stuff late in the day or had problems when I lay down. Since my band and hernia repair, I have had that acid-y feeling only twice! It was a miracle cure for me.

In our Sonoma County group, we have a sweet young gal named Paloma who has severe, severe acid reflux disease since she was an infant. Totally screwed up her life. She has RNY at the age of 17 to fix it - after trying every treatment known to man - and it has resolved totally. RNY is the standard for severe acid reflux, but being obese by itself can cause acid reflux too! I don't know why the sleeve would not be effective in eliminating a mild/asymptomatic form of it just cause of the weight loss. Research research research!

Chris is putting in an offer on a house today . . . I love the house . . . maybe someday I will live there!! scary stuff . . . .

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you everyone for your replies. Since the Dr. told me this I have been researching like a mad women lol! She is leaving the choice up to me. I am very much opposed to RNY. So at this point it's Sleeve or bust lol! I know that she said the case mgr. would call me for my surgery and class apt. with in a couple of days, and that she has already approved me for surgery. So I will be thinking about this up until the day of surgery for sure! I woke up this morning and I was 223.5! I need to update my ticker. That was 4.5 lbs since Friday!!!! I can't wait till we have our meeting on the 24th!!! I have lots of cloths to give :thumbup:

Howdy!

I just got back from a weight check at Kaiser. It's so much nicer now that they don't require an appt. They have a new nurse and she told me not to make an appt and the gals that check me in didn't say a word about it! Well, I went back to wearing my weigh-in dress and it worked like a charm. I don't remember what I weighed two weeks ago (and I forgot to update the ticker then) but I'm at least 4-5 lbs down since then (maybe more?). It's so nice seeing the scale go in the right direction again, makes the resistance muscle work harder too!

Guest sodapop

GO ASH!

GO HEATHER!

GO ALI!! good to shed those pounds!

Yeah thanks for all the advice. I called and talked to Robin and she gave me lots of info. I am cured. :thumbup:

Ash-I have acid reflux and Dr. Im was fine with the sleeve. Being over weight has a lot to do with GERD. I have always had it, and eating crappy too. Go to the Sleeve web-site. I am on there too. I have talked to a lot of people who had it severe like myself and they have not ONE problem anymore.

Ali-I bet you are so excited! Yeah, I am completely obbssesed to the max about weighing in. I have 3 different scales I weigh on and they all read different between 2-3 pounds different! It drives my insane. I decided to just go off ONE scale and even though the kaiser scale is less I am gonna go by mine and then it will give me a pound or two leeway. I also have my "weigh in outfit" by the scale so I will always weigh in the same clothes. I need to chill out BIG TIME.

It is frusterating to loose like 12 pounds in 5 days and then loose nothing in a week. NOT ONE POUND! I talked to Robin and she said give your body a chance to catch up because it will so I just have to wait because I am doing everything to a T. Luckily I have my BFF Nicole to kick my ass when I am down on myself.

Hope you all are doing great and cant wait to see you all soon!!!

Chrissy:tt2:

Beatrice...I see you down there...Hi, how are you???

Thanks Chrissy I almost positive that I'm going to go through with the sleeve. i have been researching all night and it seems as though it's a 50/50 consensus on weather the sleeve agitates the pre-existing GERD. The funny thing is last night I had a small episode!

Chrissy, Ash and Ali - congrats - you are rockin' it! Way to go.

Heather - I am so happy to hear you report good new in the scale dept - you have been working hard. How about when you hit 50lbs you call Dr. Fisher for a talk? And take Donna with you!!

Tam - go girl. I know you can do it. I broke my bouncing plateau and hit my lowest so far - 196. Still struggling but I am a little encouraged. Am determined - I so want to be at 190 when I see Dr. Park on 4/29.

Riley - I will PM you - I obviously didn't go to support group tonight because I forgot that I had a hair appt.

Everyone - happy Friday.

I found this today while reading lap-band blogs. (I spent hours reading blogs today) It's Dr. Oz's 10 Commandments for weight loss. Makes a lot of sense.

We Tried It: Dr. Oz's 10 Commandments for Weight Loss - That's Fit

Happy Friday everyone!

Well, I was up to 229 this morning, I have gained 5 lbs since MONDAY. How? Couldn't tell you, unless it's the pork I have been eating.

So today I went back to what I was doing before. coffee for Breakfast, 3 oz meat for lunch with cheese 3 wheat crackers and some hummus, and tonight will be 3 oz of lean steak. I am going to see how that works, but just now I was 228, so I think it's a good plan.

I walked for 45 mins this morning alone, I found a place by my house called Pinole Shores. It was prob a mile or alittle longer, along some Water with HILLS. One was so big I got to the top and was breathing super loud lol. I am going to go as much as possible.

My baby starts ballet tomorrow am, this should be fun =) I start school Monday also!

Hope your all doing well.

Good Afternoon All!

It sure is quiet in here....Where is everyone? Out enjoying some Bay Sun I hope. I just finished a 4 mile walk at the gym... and hope to knock off a few lbs this week. I am trying to remain focused. I am doing well..... I feel great too.

Tamra and others going my way on the way to Elk Grove/Sac next weekend.... Do you all want to see if we can coordinate a carpool??? Ashley and I are going and heading out by way of the Antioch Bridge.... Anyone want to ride????