Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Happy Birthday and congrats, Pat! I missed my hug Saturday too :-( I am speaking in Tim's clas tonight, and will be attending the Kaiser support group this Thursday - will I see you there? And YES, let's get together for a nice hike this weekend! I am up for some HILLS sista . . .

I had to come on and post this . . . my Proverbs 31 daily email really hit me today . . . those of you who know me will understand why! I have been feeling like I should be "disqualified" - then was asked to speak in this class tonight about my struggles . . . . then get this verse this morning - I feel like I'm exactly where I am supposed to be right now, and must just get back to discipline!!

Have a great Tuesday all :-)

"I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified." I Corinthians 9:27 (NLT)

Ahh Riley - you always are so real. I bet getting that verse gave you chills. Remember what I shared - Winning is getting up when you fall down and starting the race again - no matter how many times you fall.

Yes - I am going to go to the Kaiser Santa Rosa support group on Thursday. Yes, lets walk, although I am probably not at the hill stage yet, but am up for a long one (lets walk both Schollenberger and the Water treatment wetlands and the marina!!)

I was down a pound today so on my way back to where I was.

Guest sodapop

Hi yall! Okay so I know I shouldn't be complaining..but I dropped 12 pounds in like 5 days on the 1200 calorie diet. Then for the last three days nothing. I am getting frusterated as ever!

Candra I started cutting the carbs..I guess I have to wait more then ONE day. lol.

Candra and Jess It was SO AWESOME meeting you! I had a blast and thanks for the kudos for not eating. lol. You have no idea I wanted to...I really had a blast with you guys. Can't wait to do it again!

Okay so John and anyone else who knows me I am not one to hold back but I am constipated as ever! I went to kaiser and bought these pills-DOK PLUS? the pharmacist suggested. Nothing. I have been taking them for 3 days and NOTHING! what does everyone suggest? I have taken those, I drink like 90 oz of Water a day, and I am also exercising almost twice a day everyday!!! I never wanted to go to the bathroom so bad in my life. lol. I know T.M.I.-the pills I bought have a sooftner and a laxitive in it and no bueno...nothing yet.lol!!

I only have 3 more pounds to loose till I can call for my psych-and I know its all in there cause i am following everything to a T!!! (ewww I know) just need help!

Pam-Happy birthday!

Donna-Happy 25th!

Happy TUESDAY!

SODAPOP!!! (chrissy):thumbup:

Chrissy – It is so normal to be constipated :thumbup: It was the next most difficult thing to dieting when I was getting to goal. I suggest MoM (Milk of Magnesia), get the cherry flavor as the original non-flavored is really gross. You’ll need MoM for surgery and beyond. Don’t worry about not losing weight for a few days, it’s a roller coaster ride. Like others have said change up your food and exercise as that seems to help the best. I'm about to have a couple shots of MoM, bottoms up!!!! Cheers!

Good day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Constipation is very normal - I still have to take Benefiber a couple of times a day. You will also find you won't have bms as frequently as before - if you don't eat much there isn't much to come out.

Wow 12 lbs - that's great - you will see a slow down now since that is lot of weight to lose in such a short time.

Hey I recently noticed that my Hair loss is back to the normal rate and my hair is getting a little thicker - only took a year and a half.

You are my idol Riley - our exercise queen. Wish I had it in me to exercise as much as you did.

Heading to the gym with my kids before I lose my ambition.

Good evening peeps.

All is well here. I am so glad to see you all rocking the band and Pre-Op diet. We need each other to stay motivated. I have been doing good too. I can't wait to see you all on the 24th. I plan to be there.

I am so tired. I almost let that keep me from working out. I skipped yesterday but was determined today to to something. I just hit my home treadmill for 35minutes/2/14miles. I usually aim for 2.5 miles or more but...I was wiped!!! I am trying to get down as much as I can by my birthday, May 27th and for my fill on June 10th... Let's do this, peeps!!!

TamTam - one question.... I need to know your secret sista - how is it that you can mess up so much and still lose so much ?? Are you just exercising 24/7 or are you on speed? Crack? Cocaine?? WTF! Tell me ur secret? gimme ur metabolism, your mojo !!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!! I have no good answer. I cheat for a few days, and then I get back on myself extremely strict. Pouch test kicked me into super loss!

Guest sodapop

Okay I did the MOM...Cherry flavor of course. Omg that crap is NASTY! I guess I better get used to it. lol. Well Lemme tell you it CLEANED ME OUT!! Thank you. I was dying yesturday. I am sure you can imagine how misrable I was.

John you are halarious!! My mom kicked in and I was on the porcelin god pretty much all night, and this morning the mom gave me a nice present just to remind me again. lol.

Okay now that I grossed EVERYONE out!!

I am still stuck on the same weight. I lost the 12 then nothing since last Friday. I knew my body would do this, but I am NOT giving up and still havent cheated once! Hopefully I will loose something in the next week or so cause when you are doing everything to a "T" and you see no change it is disappointing!

On the bright side, The 12 pounds did do something. I put on a pair of jeans I havent worn in like 3 months. yay.

Happy WEDNESDAY all!!!:cool: chrissy

Chrissy - don't be so hard on yourself - after losing 12 lbs in one week, your body can't continue to do that - you may lose 1 or 2 lbs a week for a while or some weeks nothing. I wouldn't take MOM very often though as you will end up dehydrated and it is not good for your bowels. Last time I took MOM nothing happened at all - and that ticked me off considering how nasty it tastes - it almost came right back up after I swallowed it.

I weighed in @ Kaiser today...... 224.1 Whooo Hooo below my goal!!!!!

Chrissy & Ashley - Congrats for dropping!!! haha

Ashley - When do you get your surgery date? They seem to do things a little different at Fremont.

Way to go ASH! That is so exciting! Your next through this journey!

Chrissy, I had to stop weighing myself everyday because like you I dropped real fast and then it slowed way down and it was frustrating. Now I weigh myself every 4 or 5 days and it has seemed to help keep me not in so much turmoil.

On the tmi subject, when I take the Vitamins I have always taken 1 stool softner as just that extra Iron gets me plugged. When I told Liz my list of vitamins she kinda freaked and told me to stop taking those stool softners as your bowels begin to depend on them. I am stopping for now but I won't let myself get plugged...lol tmi, I know.

So, I had my preops today with Dr Paks and Dr Chen and all set to go! 13 days until surgery! oh ya, I was down more so my total weight loss thus far is 31 pds!

Congratulations, Ashley! You are a hard worker. I can't wait until you get your date.

Just chiming in...Gotta run.....

Dr. Chu called me this afternoon to go over my barium swallow. She said that they did not see a hernia and that my anatomy mapped out well. But then she did say that they detected that I have moderate to sever Acid Reflux Disease. Weird as I haven't really experienced much more then occasional heartburn late at night. She did tell me that with this latest tid bit of information that she would prefer me to have gastric bypass, as she said that the sleeve (and the band) could make it worse, but I reminded her that with bypass I can not take my NSAID (sp?) like Advil or Alieve for pain because I am allergic to acetaminophen....

Then she asked me if my symptoms have gotten better as I lost weight and I told her if by symptoms she meant my occasional heart burn then yes, as I haven't had any in so long that I don't remember the last time. So I asked her what would I do if I started getting symptoms after the sleeve or if it was bad, as she said they would go back in and do a bypass (basically the DS).... Thats a lot to think about :thumbup:

John / Lee, did either of you have acid reflux before your sleeves?