Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Sooo you all want me to tell you a joke I will tell you a joke I made it to the gym tonight that is the first one..... Then the second ohhh ya I worked ou then tried the Hoola Hoops weighted ohhhhh ya!!! Now that is a joke I don't remember it being that hard as a child!!! The weighted ones actually hurt!!! I cannot even last 30 seconds!!! Now that is a joke!!! :thumbup: Someday I will invite you all to see me in action!!! I think that you are all great and have a good thing going here.... I think it may be "goodbye" face book!!! Have a great night everyone!!!

Mo-don't worry about it hun! Call me if you need to talk or want to get out. Heck me n you could do my Wii fit while our kids play together lol!

Rachelle- I'm with Fremont Kaiser and they love the Protein Shakes like no tomorrow!

HEY ALL!!!

I feel like I havent posted in FOREVER!! WElcom Rachelle. I also have Dr. Fisher and it sounds like we started at the same weight. I had to get to 225 for surgery and was 217 the morning of. I like fisher. I am actually scheduled to see him for my 12 week on the 30th. Day before I move to washington so im hoping for my first fill.

JOHN AND LEE..... COnGRATS!! Your kicken but... Gosh Lee you need to post some pics lady!!

I am on day 2 of my challenge. Started a couple days late but I too was sick all weekend thru Monday. I didnt eat horrible but I didnt eat good by any means. Who woulda thunk to just pick the right things and the band would start workin. lol... I almost PBd on my salad today, forgot for a second I had a band and shoveled the food right on in... NO NO NO.... I dont know what I was thinking. Oh wait I wasnt. Had to stand up. Started sliming and then it went away PHEW....Have had 2 PB episodes and MAN OH MAN I dont like them AT ALL... I am trying to be down at least 9 lbs by the end of the month. We will see how that goes..

Ali, its a group thing. you are so lucky to not have to go all the way to Richmond. ALthough I did I was lucky enough to have John and Lee and my new found RNY friend Elaine in class with me so it was fun... Make sure to bring your calcium chews and Vitamins with you... SPeaking of, does anyone recommend a nasty Calcium chew... Mine sure sets me in the mood for sweets and im over it. I need that and a new vitamin.. SUggestions....

Mo, Hope you feel better girly....You gunna make it this way at the end of the month???

Pammie, almost ready for some more shakes!! :thumbup:

Laurel how ya feeling? What stage are you on Mush???

Hope everyone else is doing good.

19 more days until my hunny comes home. OMG could time be going any slower.. I miss him terribly.. So I leave in like 3 weeks. CRAZY!! Pretty much have sold everything just trying to get rid of the couches and thats basically it... YAY...

HEather you still in for the fridge right?? Hows your challenge?

Gotta work out tomorrow gotta work out tomorrow. How was I such a gym rat before band and now I cant get my ass in gear lol...

Ok ive written enough. Have a great night all...

Yes I go to Contours in Elk Grove like a Curves for Women but with real weights to increase your strength as you lose and help you lose inches.... I was originally 230 when I started all this a year ago then I lost my insurance so I gained in the last year up to 258.... so I have to get back to 230.... Almost there!!!! Do you go to a gym in EG? How far along in all of this are you???

I go to Cal Fit in Elk Grove. I'm still pre-op, my orientation was 11 months ago. Wow, stings a bit when I realize how long ago that was! I also have Doc Fisher, he gave me a surgery goal of 84 lbs. I'm sitting right around 40 lbs lost. I'm about ready to go back in and ask him to reconsider, it's so much harder to lose now than it was 11 months ago.

Good Morning everyone!

Day 2 of pouch test and lemme tell you, I am down 4 lbs this morning 226 LOL. This is cool. apparently my body really wants to loose the weight, I just need to listen.

Good job Tamra--atta girl. Welcome Rachelle! You are right we do have a good thing going..you will see we are all on different levels but are always there for one another. Well I am still struggling cant seem to get to 200 or under I weighed this am at 204. Tamra I am considering the 5-day pouch thing your doing. It seems like I am getting stuck alot. Unfortuantly my appt with baggs isnt until 5/21 in vacaville. I would love it sooner but this might just give me plenty of time to get under 200 so I hope!! oh and Rachelle we are all also on Facebook but shhh but most of us do NOT post about the band.

Maria ~ Wow you are exactly half way!!! When you get over your lil platue ( I am sure spelled wrong) you will probably take off again!! What is this pouch test you all talk about?? I am motivated already with all of your help!! Thank you!!!

Rachelle, I love the humor...it sure is needed in here as everyone has been a bit bummed lately! Welcome and keep the jokes coming!

I just got back from my sessions on nutrition and pre op stuff! It was ok, Robin gave the whole thing and she is different but explained everything well. No on warned me they weighed you in....yikes...I didn't wear my "weigh in" clothes and was up a pound (couldn't have been from my vacation last week..lol) anyway still under goal so I'm ok.

If any one wants to find me on Facebook you can add me as a friend...my name is Alison Bermudez but as mentioned earlier I don't talk about WLS on there as its a secret!

TTYL

Wow 84lbs that is hard to keep your eye on the prize if weight loss was easy none of us would be here.... You are in my thoughts just keep telling yourself it is sooo worth it..... You CAN do it!! I hope he will reconsider if not I am here to bounce ideas off and encouragement!!

Maria do the pouch test with me! Day 2 isn't to bad, I got some black bean Soup from Trader Joes just now because I noticed on the site it has a recipe for that during days 1-2.

Here is the one I am following, not sure if this is the normal one:

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

Ali – No more hurdles before surgery! Glad the class went well. Too bad you weren’t able to give Liz a big hug for me. Liz does a good job with her class. I just didn’t need it since I had surgery twice and have a great understanding of what surgery day is like…

Sorry about the weigh-in. They will weigh you in on surgery day and they have turned people away for being over goal. They do weigh you at most appointments.

Heather – A big thumbs up for going to see Doc Who again!!! Sooooon!!!!

Nicolie – Most of the Bariatric Advantage Calcium chews I find are nasty.

Tamara - Way to go on the 4 pounds!

Well I’m still having stomach mucus and some food come back up. I had three not so spicy hot wings and some came back up. I like spicy food but I wonder if my stomach will ever like spice again since these were not that spicy.

I don’t usually talk exercise as getting dressed and going to work is plenty. JK Well I'm not working now so I shoveled a large pile of rocks in a wheelbarrow and made at least two dozen trips to the backyard. Almost like prison labor.

Ali – No more hurdles before surgery! Glad the class went well. Too bad you weren’t able to give Liz a big hug for me. Liz does a good job with her class. I just didn’t need it since I had surgery twice and have a great understanding of what surgery day is like…

Sorry about the weigh-in. They will weigh you in on surgery day and they have turned people away for being over goal. They do weigh you at most appointments.

Heather – A big thumbs up for going to see Doc Who again!!! Sooooon!!!!

Nicolie – Most of the Bariatric Advantage calcium chews I find are nasty.

Tamara - Way to go on the 4 pounds!

Well I’m still having stomach mucus and some food come back up. I had three not so spicy hot wings and some came back up. I like spicy food but I wonder if my stomach will ever like spice again since these were not that spicy.

I don’t usually talk exercise as getting dressed and going to work is plenty. JK Well I'm not working now so I shoveled a large pile of rocks in a wheelbarrow and made at least two dozen trips to the backyard. Almost like prison labor.

So I have not heard of the sleeve.... What is that?? Also did you have the lap band and have it removed? I am trying to catch up here!! :smile2:

Rachelle – The Sleeve is a new procedure Richmond is performing and has been offering it in orientation since Oct/Nov. They remove about 80% percent of the stomach. It would be a one step Sleeve as opposed to a two step where bypass is performed at a later date.

I had two attempts at LAP-BAND®, one in June and the other in August. Both were unsuccessful in placing the band. First failure was due to the liver being too large and the other I had too many adhesions to properly fit the band. In recovery during the second failure I was offered the Sleeve and took some time off to make a decision. In February I was successfully Sleeved. I would speak with your doc about the Sleeve as I highly recommend considering it.

So I am curious our doctors are not very eager to do fills? Can my GP do fills in Sacramento or will I have to go to Richmond? Now I am a little worried I went this route to be safer but not to have to fight with doctors to be successful...... I will look into the sleeve also than you for your responses!!