Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ok so i'm here at kaiser richond!!! Wish me luck!

Thanks Lee

Hello all! Did ya'll move and not tell a sista???? Where the heck is everyone???? LOL

I did not get a fill. Dr Whoo said I'm doing fine and doesn't want me to end up in ER in need of an unfill.....He seems to think my restriction is good and that I need to be sure not to resort to slider foods...Overall, I have lost at total of 24lbs since my surgery...Not bad, huh??? I told him that I was a tad bit disapointed because I know of others who have surpassed that amount and that I feel like I'm a slow looser...He said that is fine and a good amount at a good pace...I know it's 30lbs more than I would have lost on my own...I am still proud.... I then stopped at Macy's Hilltop on the way back and bought two very expensive little black dresses...I can not believe I can fit my butt into....One is a size....hold the phone.....12 and the other is a size 14. I haven't worn a 12 or 14 in over 10 years.... The 12 doesn't zip all the way but...It will in another 10-15lbs... They were a steal.

Loving the new me.............................TTYL.

P.S. Going to change my ticker.......

Edited by MoniqueD

Way to go Mo!! You're rocking that band - and the size 12 lil black dress!! Go Mo, go!

Home sick 2day, no appetite. just want Water . . . . wish i felt like exercising, i could be losing!!

Later yall

Ugh . . . my head hurts!!

Wasn't someone on here recently asking about the band getting tighter when sick? I know it's happened to Tina and someone else - Pam maybe? - and I'm here to tell ya, it's hecka true!! I've had this band on for over a year, only have 5.5 cc's in it, no fill since December, and I dont have problems with it, and I have never had a problem with being too tight. Yet now, when I'm sick (but not with a stomach flu), here's what does NOT stay down:

2 soda crackers. Hello again! Tried again later with 1 Tb. Peanut Butter - nope. So then I tried 1 tb. tuna fish, made with plenty of mayo!- nope. Hot Water, diet sobe, and fruit all go down, but nothing solid OR slider. I finally gave up! Starve a cold, right? Mug o'hot water, herbal tea . . . maybe I'll send a kid to the store for some diet popsicles. Back to Stage 1 until I shake this thing. Fortunately I'm not really hungry. . . .

Congrads on the loss Mo, that's awesome to be in onederland! I can't wait to be there.

Seems like everyone up and left the group...humf...

I am back on track today, took a lil while there but with moving and all the stresses with it, I couldnt get in the mode.

Breakfast: Grande Decaf Skinny Latte

Lunch: 1 double double w/ just grilled onions/mustard (wrapped in lettuce) from In and Out

Dinner: NOT SURE YET

Well, check ya later.

COngrats MO... Seems Dr. Who is not a fill giver! Thats ok tho we are doing good. I am too a slow post band loser but Im in no rush anyways!! You are kickin butt and in onderland so just keep on truckin!! Im proud of you. Been busy and havent been able to post much lately.

Riley hope you feel better lady!! Fluids fluids fluids!!

Tam Tam, I am too back on track today. Started my 30 day challenge with the girls at work and most important (myself) I weighed this am and it says up 5 but its TOM so I will weigh when im done tomorrow or sat. Im not gunna let that 5 get me down tho. So my goal to myself is to be at 195 that would be 10 lbs lost since my last appt. SO we will see.

Ash, congrats girl get on them and get your date ! Thats so exciting.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. Miss you all. Of to get some garage sale stuff together!! Having a big one this weekend. TTYL

Hi all - sorry I was lost in space for a while. Have been depressed and stressed, and overeating. And so I've been staying away from the board but realize that isolating isn't helping me either.

Not good. I have no restriction and can't seem to get by on the 1/3 c of Protein, 2 tbsp of veggie or fruit. The down in the dumps and stress have me reaching for no nos - like Cookies (luckily we only had a few left from something on the weekend) and tablespoons of Peanut Butter (very very bad - has way too many calories and fat!)

Every day I have tried to start over - I do ok during the day at work but at night it gets bad. I have been really down on myself for not eating right and not exercising.

I know I need to learn to deal with my stress better but it is hard. Right now I am stressed about work and potentially losing my job, stressed that my husband is not looking for work, stressed about my older son still not finding a paying job, stressed about my younger son and his struggles with school, and stressed that all my family keeps asking me how I am doing with my weight loss and all I can say is I'm struggling and gaining and losing the same 2 lbs over and over. I guess on the positive side it would be alot more without the band.

Anyway, sorry to dump. I try to be positive and encouraging when I post, but I am really having a rough time now.

Good evening everyone.

Pat-I am so sorry you are feeling down. Try not to stress. Everything will work out. God has a plan for you. I hope you are a believer. Sorry, if you are not. I will keep you in my prayers. You need us for support. Don't stay away from the board..... You were doing so good. You can get back on track. I feel you on the restriction. I sometimes feel like I have none...Maybe it's not the restriction I'm lacking it's will power...

Nicolie-Thanks girl. I am trying so hard. I'm not in a rush either. We didn't get this way over night and I know we won't lose it overnight either. I'm just impatient sometimes...It's the Gemini in me.

Tamra-Thanks girl. You are doing so well too. I wish I had some of your will power. I am going to restart posting my meals on here. It seems like I was doing so much better with the food choices when I was. We need to keep each other accountable.

Riley-Yes, that was me mentioning the tightness in the band when ill. I am right here with you. I've had this cold for about a week and have dropped a few pound by being sick. Not the way I want to lose but I'll take it cuz I'm like Pat and others who are playing with the same damn 2-3lbs... I am getting there though. I have increased my exercise and was told today by Dr Fisher that I need to start interval training. Especially on the treadmill....Incline!!! Ugh!!! Okay, tomorrow....

I hope all are well and working towards their individual goals. I have a new one....My birthday is May 27....Approximately 2 months away. I would like to be 15lbs down..Okay, let's keep it real...10lbs down... I think 185lbs sounds real good. Hell, 180lbs sounds even better...Who's down... Let's get summer ready ladies and John.

When are we going to get together to walk. I may have to bring a kid or 2 but I'm ready.

Jes-I see you down there!!! How are you, lady?

I finally added some pics to my albums....Some of the group and some befores and afters....Go see.

Morning all.

Mo- The Doc is right about intervals. My trainer had us starting with 90 seconds of high intensity and 90 seconds of recovery. Now I'm pretty sure we're 90 high and 30 recovery.

I'm worried at the moment. I had really bad plantar fasciitis in my foot that I dealt with for at least 9 months before I got the shot in my foot in November. I was out and about yesterday, wearing my Fitflops and my foot was hurting a little. I guess my shot wore off already because my foot is full-on in pain. I don't know how long they're supposed to last but this sucks! I'm especially bummed since I've been wearing much better shoes than I had before I got the shot, thinking I could prevent it from coming back in the first place. No such luck. :thumbup:

Anyway. Off to work. Have a good day!

good morning everyone, It's amazing so many of us hit this wall at some point.

Yea MO I check in every now and again :0 Congratulations on the weight loss. I love the new avatar. I'm game to get together and walk. I usually walk the bridge on the weekends but I'm up for another location like the vallejo pier or somewhere over your way. I try to start my walk by 9:30 so I can run my errands by 11 ish. Let me know if anyone here local wants to join...

Pat lady everyone goes through what you are going through. I don't remember exactly but 50+ lbs lost is awesome. I know they say not to but I finally bought some sugar free fudge pops and popsicles, oh I even got some sugar free dark chocolate covered almonds. Other than that I'll find some full fat/sugar Cookies and other junk.

Ash congrats on making goal....yippie!

Heather, I know what you are going through I have that same problem with my foot too. seems like it always comes back around spring sumer when I start wearing flip flops and having my feet out....what's that about?

So I've decided to do my annual spring cleanse starting on Monday, one week of green smoothies. sort of a mini detox. I'm having some dental work done today, I'm sure i wont be able to eat, a good thing will be able to jump start.

ok time for another cup o' joe :thumbup: no work for me today, taking a furlough. have a nice day....and remember it's a marathon not a race:tt2:

Hi everyone,

This seems like a hard week all around; I started vacation Wednesday and of course its hard to stay on track with leisure time. We are heading to SF today for the weekend, going to a giants game and to do some shopping. Hopefully lots of walking will pay for any poor choices I make. I am really going to try and stay close to program but I am not going to stress over it since it is my vacation time. The bad thing is I see Liz on Monday morning, I hope to not gain anything!

I am kind of thinking of postponing my surgery for a while; I just dont want to be all messed up for my son's graduation and the night of graduation I am chaperoning a grad trip to disneyland and we are in disneyland from park opening to park closing and worried I wear out and not enjoy myself. I have been looking forward to this for so long I hate to give it up. I have to decide so I can talk to Liz on Monday.

Trying to get these teenagers up and moving so we could take off but they are snoozing---they went to the midnight show last night of Clash of the Titans so they are tired but I want to get going to SF!

All enjoy Easter and think positive! Lifes struggles are hard but with positive thoughts and support things will work out!

Enjoy!

Ali - I understand your decision to wait for surgery - I did that too because of my family. Just be prepared that the surgery calender only goes out so far. I saw Liz at the end of Nov and wanted surgery in mid Jan, but she didn't have the calendar that far out. She called me in about 2 weeks to settle the date.

Jes and Mo - thanks for the support. I know you have been there, too. Mo it is good to hear your outlook about being ok with slow and steady. I was going like gang busters and then hit the wall. It just gets discouraging. I know I need to get my head on straight.

Good Morning.

Just wanted to tell ya Pat I am going through the SAME thing. I do good all day at work and then at night I am craving chocolate, candy, Ice cream and all NO NO stuff. I Dont go CRAZY but I havent totally resisted. :thumbup: I just finished TOM so hopefully that will help and I am back down 3 lbs (of the 5 I was up). So I feel your struggle. This is hard but like MO said it took us a long time to get here and will take us time to get it off. We are here for eachother.

Today I started a 30 day challenge witht the girls in my office. We measured and weighed. I got some exercise stuff at Walmart since I cancelled my gym membership and I got some DVD's too. SO Im going to get my butt back into gear with the working out. So Pat come get on our 30 day challenge. We are weighing in Weekly and trying to work out 3-4 times a week. I have an appointment on the 3oth with the doc so I would like to be down 13 lbs 3 that im up and 10 since my last appointment. So I can do it!!!

garage sale this weekend so busy busy. Have a great weekend eveyrone!! Happy Easter!

Morning everyone!

Finally have my DSL hooked up in the new place.

Pat - I am struggling bad as you know. Like you and Nicollie night time is my munching time. Just keep coming here and reading and leaving messages anytime you feel like you wanna snack or eat! Its almost like AA, we are your sponsors. LOL. Or text/call us. I find myself texting Nicollie ALL THE TIME when I want to eat.

Down the few lbs I gained (was holding on to 232 today I was 229.6), so 1 day of eating right showed me my body wants to do this. Going to throw some excersize in today too. Easter dinner will be ham and greens. My mom wants a Honey Baked Ham, but I think they are super fatty!

Have a good Friday everyone!!!