Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tamara, I feel all your pain as the will power to walk past those damm Cookies is hard. I bet if you were losing you would have the motivation to not eat them but when your struggling it gives you a different mind set and its harder. Keep pushing for the fill and get past this part so you can get your motivation back.

I'm with you Tina, I think a "sponsor" would really irriate me too. I might want to look into that program too but I want to be a "silent observer" but that probably goes against what they do. lol.

Ok, ate dinner last night and b/f today and no pb'ing. I am so glad. This morning I made the ricotta bake dish and it was so yummy! It felt like i was eating lasagna and I needed something tasty like that. I cooked mine in cupcake pan so it made little individual pies.

Enjoy the sun!

Tamra we are alot alike which is probably why we butt heads sometimes!! :-)

I am a fighter everyone knows that. I fought for my fill and to get back on track. But maybe and hopefully that makes it easier for everyone behind me. I was very scared to see Dr. Baggs and go to Kaiser last week and confront them but I did and Dr. Baggs was the best!!

TAMRA: I was EXACTLY where you were at a week ago and after seven months my habits were not great. My will power was shot. I hate to see anyone else go that long without restriction or a fill. And I was paying Kaiser and the fill center which was expensive. I totally hear you. Can you talk to Dr. Baggs and advocate for yourself.........maybe tell him about the insurance thing? I have a quote I will try to find from Allergen that says that fills need to happen until you get restriction THAN after you have restriction they are suppose to start having you lose to get the fills.........or earn your fills. Ok here is an idea bargain for a fill like I did........food logs, counseling, support groups............and a FILL with NO WEIGHT LOSS. Sorry I know it sucks so been there!!

CHRISSY:

I think someday the sleeve might take over the band surgeries. I wonder if someday they stop doing bands all together. ANd yepthat was my thought why have this darn band and port if I can't use it. NOt Fair!!

one warning: I could overate right now. The band can't stop what I put in there. It will just reject it if it is to much. What happens if you overeat is that you PB. If you consistently overeat you PB every meal and if this happens daily than the band is gonna swell and your gonna need an unfill or at least be uncomfortable.............So I don't advise being as tight as I am unless your gonna work really hard to avoid PB'ing. That is the difference in my behaviro between now and seven months ago. I am NOT testing the band this time I am being very gentle and listening to it and feeling it so I don't PB. no more last bites or going back to try and eat again after a PB.........If you can't commit to that than you could end up needing an unfill or worst case scenario end up in the ER. That is what I did wrong in the past trying to push my band and control it instead of letting it be in controland help me out. The band has to be in control.............Of course Dr.Baggs loved my new theory!! LOL

I am so afraid of an unfill that I put the spoon down as soon as I get the lump in my throat!! Two PB's this week and trying make that all I have this month!! And I chill on eating anything for a few hours after a PB so I can let it rest.

That is my dislaimer cause I could end up needing an unfil very easy at this restriction level if I don't respect my band.

But it is so much easier to not overeat when you have good restriction. I am seriously just not hungry or interested in eating right now and that is half the battle!! Somehow it all falls into place with a good fill.

anyone else have the same experience????

Edited by swrktp

The fill center only gives .50 at a time. I think I should put that out there. So if you need alot more than .50 it could get expensive. I was really close I needed three fills. But something I thought I should mention. They don't do the bit fills.................that could make it get expensive depending on the person.

Dr. Altchusher Weight Loss and Wellness Clinic in Navato is where I went. She does medically controlled weight loose and the liquid diets all that stuff......fills are not her speciality. She alsos stressed behavior stuff with me....

Hi Everyone!!!!!!! Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

swrktp (I think its Tina?) – Yeah no fill...haha I was told my three month follow-up for the Sleeve can be by phone and/or email. I think the doc said next person to person would be a year out.

Candra – I believe the Sleeve is designed to get slightly larger over time. I’m able to eat a little more this month but it all depends on what it is. Some things go down lick a brick.

Thongs for everyone next year! LOL

Tina ~ agree. We are alike LOL. I didnt know they only give .50 at a time thats a good thing to know, because at this point I am just sure I need at least 1! 5 is nothing to me! Its funny last time I saw Baggs in March he told me he would need to give me a few fills before I felt the restriction and got to my good spot to loose...well then hell give me one! If I don't loose enough (being I just ate like 6 handfulls of honey roasted peanuts) I for sure will try and bargain for a fill to help me. I did so awesome in the beginning, its almost like I lost intrest in eating this way. It must all be in my mind.

Chrissy you were getting the band at one point.

For me and I dont know who agrees, I did the band because I didn't want my stomach altered. I kept my body natural, and while I knew I would loose slower and harder, it was the choice for me.

Chrissy you were getting the band at one point.

For me and I dont know who agrees, I did the band because I didn't want my stomach altered. I kept my body natural, and while I knew I would loose slower and harder, it was the choice for me.

Oh do I totally agreee!!!!! The band can be a great tool. Hey I tried... We shall see how the Sleeve does long term, I'm a test case. haha

Tamra: Losing interest is normal. We all do it at some point. THat is why the first few weeks are the lap band honeymoon time we all go through it. I will find that quote for you and post it over here. Someone on the forum gave it to me. I think what helped for me was telling Dr. Baggs that I was losing my motivation and I needed to see the scale move even two or three pounds so that my mindset could kick in.....He and Robin both liked and seemed to understand that.

JOHN:

I am so darn jealous of your sleeve and no aftercare!! Phone appointment!! Nice!!

But ya I chose the band so my stomach wasn't cut. I always worry about if something goes wrong......than they can take it back outand I can still be me!! Easy to say I would pick the sleeve but not sure I could go through with it. Besides as much as it sucks I need to do the psychological work that goes with overeating and this is forcing me to.

Like I told Dr. Baggs when I have no restriction I get a *&^% it attitude. Sometimes I talk to much but I get nervous when I go into Kaiser sometimes..........

With the band you can always (though I understand not easy / cheap) revise to VSG or RNY. That was one reason why I choose the band over RNY. The Sleeve wasn't offered in orientation until Nov/Dec, way after my second band failure. Let me tell you it may be easier losing weight with the Sleeve but it’s still hard. We need our brains fixed for perfect weight lose.

John that is exactly what Dr. Baggs said it was hard with all three of them........ok I will try to hold my jealousy in check!! ;-)

This is from Allergen:

Prior to receiving an EFFECTIVE fill, it is VERY uncommon to have any restriction from a Lap-Band®. Some patients will NOT lose weight, or may even GAIN weight until they have received an effective fill in their Lap-Band®.

Normal weight loss with a properly restricted Lap-Band® is between 1 and 2 pounds per week.

EFFECTIVE is the key word here there is alot more to post..... it talks some about how losing weight after an effective fill means you need another fill. I think that is what Kaiser is doing that is the policy they follow. Just they forgot the EFFECTIVE fill first part before the earning fills with weight loss.........I don't want to post the whole article it is to long.......But Kaiser is not entirely wrong just seems like the definetion of EFFECTIVE is different at different places and maybe even for each separate surgeon.........EFFECTIVE to me means I feel it and it hurts or jolts me if I mess up............to someone else maybe not. I think ALLERGEN says 1-2 pounds a week is their definetion of EFFECTIVE.......so according to that many people are stuck without EFFECTIVE fills and still expected to keep up with the 1-2 pounds a week. I also think a doctor and patient can have a different idea of EFFECTIVE too............it is all subjective and hard to really pin down. One could have good restriction and cheat the band..........and not lose or one could not have any restriction and just not lose. How are the docs suppose to figure it all out..........how are we suppose to figure it all out?? LOL.

Well everyone can figure out what this means to them...........I know what it meant to me.

Edited by swrktp

DID I MENTION THAT MY LEGS HURT?

I am way to out of shape to work out LOL

Anybody catch Dr. Oz with the interventionist. They both indicated that food addiction is the hardest becaue we can't just stop eating all together! Easier to stop smoking, drinking or drugs. The lady said she finds ways to distract herself now like reading a book - yea, right! not working!

TINA - So happy for you now!!!! I will need to call the center - I put in a request for a sacramento fill center for you - if you go online, there's a survey box and you should do it to see if they will actually open a new one there. I will call the center - or can I just call direct?

TAMTAM - I have ZERO willpower - if you go back to the beginning of my posts you will see where I have admitted to being a slacker for real. Right now I just logged on because I was sitting here reading a book but couldn't keep my mind off chocolate covered peanuts. Just want them real bad right now.

Bossom Buddy - thanks for the compliments but you're too kind :w00t: All that flab is killing me - I will try to get it up in one of my albums on here to show my tummy DISCLAIMER: Im in my bra so it is an R rated photo!

JOHN - you are on! thongs it is - right after my Tummy Tuck, lower body lift, tan & pedicure - I'm all over it LOL. I was reading on this site where this one B**tch is always on talking about how great the sleeve is and how much the band sucks - she is not nice to people on the "support" group - go figure - anyway, she said they remove the stretchy part of the tummy & the hungry gland with the sleeve that is why it is a miracle surgury - you can never stretch your pouch and the signal is never sent to the brain to eat.... What's your take on that??

Lee - I pose the same to you? Very interested to know what you think.

I personally would have done the sleeve if that were true - and if it was an option when I was going thru the process - I will say that I do love my band - when I have restriction it is the best. I am not hungry now so that is a plus but... I can eat anthing when I don't have the restriction - I love the restriction because it actually stops me in my tracks - won't allow me to eat even if I wanted to! Even my Protein goes right down right now so to avoid over eating these days with no insurance I have been having portion controlled Protein Shakes for bfast & dinner -but eating a decent lunch - not losing any weight but have started going to the gym so I hope to do so soon

Coco - good for you! Happy you got so full so fast today - hope it continues for you and works to your full advantage!

April - what's up with you girlfriend?

OMG people, I'm back! Most of you probably have no idea who I am since it's been...oh, about 9 months or so!

I had Dex on 4/23 and he was 9lbs 7 oz and 22 inches long. BIG BOY! He's great and snuggling with me as I type. He's sleeping alot and nursing like a little champ and getting chunkier and chunkier every day. I--on the other hand am starting to be VERY ready to get rid of the chunk on my own body. :w00t:

Dr. Baggs said I can come in for my first post-partum fill after 6 weeks, so I'm gonna call and schedule an appt on Monday for 6 weeks out. I gained 30 lbs during my pregnancy but have already lost 20 and only have 10 to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. WOOHOO! That feels like a victory to me for sure.

I'm looking forward to posting here regularly again and getting to know those of you that have joined since I've been gone. Eventually I'll start going to the Kaiser support group meetings, maybe not every month but I'll try.

Everyone have a great weekend! If I eventually figure out how to post pics on here I'll post a pic of Dex...he's pretty darn cute. :laugh: