Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Christine - Welcome back and congrats!! Let see some pics of Dex. I gave birth as well its name is Mea-Lost-Weight...LOL...

Edited by skiingj

<a  href=th_14.jpg' alt='th_14.jpg'>

Sophie and Dex today, Dex is 3 weeks old today.

Edited by swishbc
link didn't work.

Tam-Tam, sorry that you are stugleing girly, hang in there!

Candra, I talked to my surgeon today about the sleeve stretching and she said that it dose stretch slightly but not a lot. And the loss of the hunger hormon only last for a year in most casses.

Christine, good job on the weight loss after baby! Can't wait to get to know you, Dex is cute :w00t:

I went to my pre-opp apt today and it went well. All of my test clear me for surgery on the 25th, 11 more days! Fremont Kaiser doesn't give a relaxation CD, just the bar of medicated soap to wash your self with the day before surgery lol!

Mo, where you been girl!!!

Ah I didn't get medicated soap!! LOL. I did get the CD and if you lived closer I would pass it on. I have mine saved on my IPOD...........Yea Ash you made it!!

Welcome back Christine. I just came back too it has been awhile. Glad your back!! Dex is cute I have been keeping up with the pictures on FB. He looks SO MUCH like you!! So do you have to build up on fills or do you go back to your previous fill? Will be nice to have some of the old people back on here again!! Yea!! So in the end you only gained 10 pounds!! ;-) Not bad at all, can't wait to see Dex!

Edited by swrktp

Thanks everyone!

Dr. Baggs said my fill schedule will be just like it was after surgery: 2 cc's for the first re-fill, 1 cc for the second, and .5 or 1.0 for fills after that until I get to my sweet spot. I only have 2.5 cc's right now but strangely have noticed restriction SINCE having the baby! I've gotten a little bit stuck and even slimed a bit with bread/bagels since he was born. I was enjoying my breads, Pasta and rice while preggo and never had any problems.

It's weird...I don't know why I didn't feel my band while all my organs were all squished together and I can feel it now when everything is moving back to where it's supposed to be and I don't have a big ol' baby in there too!

He also said he'll give me fills every month until I get to my sweet spot. My sweet spot before getting preggo was 6 or 6.5 cc's, I was WAY tight at 8.0 and got an unfill as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I won't ever get that tight again, I was PB'ing every few days and it SUCKED.

Ali Can you post or email me the bake dish thingy? It sounds good. Christinesoda@yahoo.com

thanks!

Done! Let me know if you don't get it.

Ali

Christine CONGRADS!! You beat me, my daughter was 9 lbs 4 oz..LOL!

Thanks for the info/saying Tina. I really am going to try and get one on the 25th. I went and had pizza for dinner followed by cold stone, after I did SO WELL THIS WEEK!! I dont know what I am doing anymore. It stresses me out. I am still going to to try till then!!

Congrats Christine!! That must be a great feeling.

So day 1 with my fill has been good. Had a little bit of an episode last night. I took my zoloft and sat down to watch a movie and BAMB I started slimming REALLY bad, I went into the bathroom to see if it was going to come up and of course it didnt. So an hour and a half later I was done slimming. Man that was the most horrible experience I have had so far but now I know how little of bites I have to take. Needless to say I am going to break my pill in half from now on until I lose some weight. Had a Protein Shake for Breakfast because I was so tight (that has NEVER happened) was full until about 3 so when I got home I ate 3 slices of turkey deli meat and 2 slices of cheddar cheese and was STUFFED!!! My brain is back in action for sure... Wasnt hungry at dinner so I just had some bran Cereal. Even tho thats a slider I got full on a small bowl. So I am thinking that my fill is AWESOME!! Will be updating my ticker soon once the scale starts goin down again. YAY.

Pat hows your fill workin for you? What meals are you eating? I have been cooking my meals from the 1200 cal diet for my husband and his uncle so Im going to try to eat a little bit from that and see how that works.

Tam Tam you will be ok. Just be real and tell them what you are going through.

Candra I am so proud you have gotten bit by the workout bug..Can you send it my way I am a slaker when it comes to exercise now. I was so gung ho at the beginning, called myself a gym rat now not so much lol. I have two videos that Donna got for me and a ball and some bands but have I used them Ummmm Nope just once each. So i understand the Slakerness lol..

Ash how ya doin countin down the days???

Mo mo... where are you, miss ya girl.

Pam, Riley, Reggie, Heather, John, Lee, Ali, Laurel hope you all are doing good.

Well im off to an early bed, im pooped and we are going to the Water front festival tomorrow so im excited. Have a good night all!!

Ah COCO we made it together to the sweet spot..........I agree with everything you said. It has been so nice!! Not hungry here either at all and yep mornings are more of a struggle. I SO LOVE my band right now!!

Christine I didn't know you were to tight at 8ccs interesting? I was PBing 3 times a day when I was at 6cc's!! It hurt so bad I don't think I will ever want to go there again........:-) So I totally get it!!

Hi Everyone, I had to catch up on around 5 pages of posts and don't remember what everyone wrote! :redface:

Dex is adorable, congratulations!

Ali, don't you have a sleeve? I was told no pills at all until after my 1 month checkup. They said not to risk injuring my staple line, even at three weeks.

OA - I was a member till a few years ago. I started in 1989. I think that my years in 12 step really prepared me to deal with surgery and following the rules. I find the food plan to be the easiest part of post-op. As far as Higher Power, mine was the Bay Laurel tree in my front yard. Power bigger than me. I looked at the tree and said, yup, you're bigger, you're it! You don't have to have a sponsor to be in OA but finding the right fit is wonderful. For years I worked with a woman in her 80's who was a retired drug and alcohol counselor. It was fabulous. I think the 12 steps are a great way to live. I still have all of my materials and look at them on occasion and talk program with my best friends that I met 20 years ago in OA.

John, Monday is our 3 month anniversary. I have an appt with Dr. Baggs on Friday for my three month checkup. My lab work looks good but they didn't do some vital tests.

I still struggle with the weight loss. Sleeve is not an easy fix. I have to exercise 60-90 minutes, 7 days a week to be guaranteed a 1 pound loss. Eating 600-700 calories, every bite logged in myfitnesspal. com. Less than 30 carbs a day which come from dairy and calcium chews. I go to at least 1 support group meeting each week, sometimes 2 a week to stay connected to my plan. I walk at least 1-2 times a week with other WLS folks.

I'm still barfing up my Vitamins and sometimes my food which is all Protein. If I attempt 1/3 cup protein and then a little lettuce or spoon of fruit, it gives me a little surprise of saying hello again.

As far as the question asked about hunger, I've been hungry since Day 10. I eat and I'm hungry a couple hours later but not so bad that I can't wait until 4 hours to eat again. It's a different hunger, not head hunger but stomach hunger. 200 calories 3x a day isn't that much food. I'm careful to keep it to meat, dairy or seafood because it offers the most protein per 3 oz serving. It's nothing like being hungry pre-op and it takes so little to satisfy my physical hunger.

For those of you getting your fills, big big big congratulations! Wishing you so much success.

Pat, those 16 and 18's that I got from you are getting too big, but some fit and I love them. :smile2:

Ash, congrats on your surgery date! Can't wait till you're on the Loser's Bench.

I read somewhere on Obesity Help that Kaiser Southern California is discontinuing the LapBand and going to RNY and Sleeve. Who knows, Richmond may follow suit at some point. I wonder if they'll be more open to revisions at that point? There's very few banders at the support group these days.

Time to walk the lake, have to run. This afternoon is the Obesity Help support group at San Leandro Hospital if anyone is interested. I'm planning to be there.

Have a fun weekend!

Lee, you are so awesome in your dedication to this way of life. You are so good at knowing how to work things to get weight loss. With only 600 calories and all that excerices you are going to get to goal.

I was kinda of confused on the pill thing to so I emailed the doctor and she said it was fine to take them. They sent me home with a liquid stomach coater and a pill for hearburn. Both my heartburn pill and my vitaman go down good.

I have a baby shower today; I am going to have to stay away from all the goodies but thruthfully none of that stuff even sounds good so I should be fine.

I think eventually Kaiser will give up the banding too........but we will see. The aftercare alone takes up tons of the surgeons time. If I could get to goal at Band I won't revise and now things are going well. When I talked to Dr. Baggs about revisions he didn't say no, her certainly didn't say yes either. I think mostly he listened actually.

I need to kick up the exercise.

Edited by swrktp