Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Candra- Doing great on the mushies. I made some pea Soup with carrots and added a little ham very diced. I t was sooo good! Ive been doing pretty good. Not going hungry. I hvent lost though! but havent gained. I did lose the 4lbs I gained when I couldnt go but thanks to MOM I am back to 219. I want to see that scale go down. I guess I need to exercise, once I do I am sure the scale will go down.

Haven't been hungry today. I guess the waffle yesterday was more than enough..................LOL. Or maybe it was all the cranberry juice today. 110 ounces easy once I mixed it with Water.< /p>

I had

Skinny vanilla Latte

Diet Cranberry juice a whole thing of that

Brown rice and black Beans

Spinach

Diet hot chocolate

ok looks like we're posting our meals again....

B=grande skinny latte, sipped all day

s=boiled egg

L=inside of 1 taco

D=3 crab legs in garlic & butter yummo!!

way behind on my Water, it's hard with the new fill. I'm gonna see how much I can get in before bedtime.

Maria, girl get out and walk walk walk...it will help get things moving on out and you will loose too. Do you have a pedometer? Get one if not.

Candra, everyone gets overwhelmed when things get screwy so no worries. I sure hope you can make it to your fill it will make you feel so much better. I think it has nothing to do with the weight between these last 2 appts it's total from surgery.

Maria - the scale will move - you're still healing so don't overdo it on the exercising - nothing more than walking - but it's so friggin cold out!

Tina - I haven't been to hungry these last few days either - isn't it a great feeling - wish it would last forever!

Jes, sounds like the fill is working well for you - I hope I can get to my appointment too but if not I will have more time to lose more weight LOL. What overwhelms me the most is the "not knowing" part of things - I'm a ture taurus - I like routine and lazy grazing - simple life. When something arises out of knowhere I get uncomfortable. - That said.... This is the first time that I can recall that I'm completely stressed out and forget to eat hahahaha. The problem with that is if I don't eat on a schedule, my metabolism stops - not slows but completely stops LOL. Oh, well - it is what it is!

I can feel myself being full so I guess that's a good thing. I still have to watch myself because I think I can still eat anything.

I've added another ticker....my birthday challenge. I have 6 weeks to loose 7 lbs. Hopefully looking at a short term goal will help.

yes please post meals!! it helps me stay on track, so I started re-doing it.

whats this whole diet cranberry I keep seeing being mentioned?

I switched from Vitamin Water 10 to diet cranberry and water. It is suppose to clean out the kidneys............ah let me tell you be close to a bathroom cause you have to go all day long!!!

TOM here so I am holding steady. Still need to get down 6 in ..............well I don't know when. BUt sometime in January. I am waiting to get an appointment in vacaville still. They haven't opened up the schedule yet.

But I am planning early January so I don't get to lazy!! LOL.

Jes isn't a good fill nice?? I love it when I have a good fill.

Candra testifying is not bad. You'll be fine. Just don't offer any information not asked and try not to talk to much. THe more yes and no's without explanation the better!! :-) I have testified quite a bit and you'll be fine. Just don't get worked up with the attorneys and don't offer them anything. Be very evasive......................honest when asked directly but evasive!! ;-) You'll be fine.

Hi All - it took me a long time to catch up from a few days ago. I am plugging along - by my scale I'm down another 4, but I don't change my ticker until I weigh at Kaiser.

Candra - sorry about your Kitty - poor baby. I am thinking positive thoughts for you for Monday. Glad the eating / weight is going better for you.

Jes - ouch on the port pokes! Glad you can feel the restriction. Is work better - you mentioned the exams were going to be over soon?

Maria - great that you aren't as hungry and doing better.

Liz - good job on the eating - it is hard with all the holiday stuff around.

Donna - Happy Bandaniversary. You are doin' terrific.

Riley - Hope you feel better soon. I wish I could take off Wed and be with you, but I've taken off so much for dr. appts (3 EKGs!) I can't with my vacation coming up. I am waffleing about going to the SCWLS group on Sat. morning - so swamped with things to do before the holidays. I want to make sure I see you before Christmas. Will you be at Sherry and James on Tues night? Want to hear about the email guys! Oh, I bought my food journal at GNC tonight. Were the 2 columns you added How Hungry was I? and what was my emotion?

Heather - Aloha! Enjoy!

Pam - hope you feel better soon.

Tina - glad the fill is feeling OK.

Tamara - awesome on the eating. Way to go - keep it up.

Nicolie - glad you are doing well.

Cinlarose - we will have surgery in the same month! Can believe mine is only about 6 weeks away.

Sorry if I forgot anyone.

Oh BTW - for those of you with little ones, there is a new animated Christmas special on tomorrow night 'Yes Virginia" at 8 pm on CBS. Virginia is my grandmother of 'Yes Virginia There is A Santa Claus'. I'll send a post with a copy of the answer to her letter. It really speaks to the true spirit of the season.

Edited by wantshealth

All - here is the letter my grandmother wrote and the beautiful response.

Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus

By Francis P. Church, first published in The New York Sun in 1897. [see The People’s Almanac, pp. 1358–9.]

We take pleasure in answering thus prominently the communication below, expressing at the same time our great gratification that its faithful author is numbered among the friends of The Sun:

Dear Editor—

I am 8 years old. Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus. Papa says, “If you see it in The Sun, it’s so.” Please tell me the truth, is there a Santa Claus?

Virginia O’Hanlon

Virginia, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. In this great universe of ours, man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus! It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the chimneys on Christmas eve to catch Santa Claus, but even if you did not see Santa Claus coming down, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Santa Claus! Thank God! he lives and lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay 10 times 10,000 years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

Here is a link with more info on the editorial, etc.

Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus – Beebo

T.G.I.F Everyone, have a great weekend, try to stay dry hehehehe.

Awww I have mt tv set to record the Virginia special already!!!!! How neat!!! Send the letter =D

All - here is the letter my grandmother wrote and the beautiful response.

Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus

By Francis P. Church, first published in The New York Sun in 1897. [see The People’s Almanac, pp. 1358–9.]

We take pleasure in answering thus prominently the communication below, expressing at the same time our great gratification that its faithful author is numbered among the friends of The Sun:

Dear Editor—

I am 8 years old. Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus. Papa says, “If you see it in The Sun, it’s so.” Please tell me the truth, is there a Santa Claus?

Virginia O’Hanlon

Virginia, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. In this great universe of ours, man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus! It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the chimneys on Christmas eve to catch Santa Claus, but even if you did not see Santa Claus coming down, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Santa Claus! Thank God! he lives and lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay 10 times 10,000 years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

Here is a link with more info on the editorial, etc.

Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus – Beebo

That's fantastic!!!! I look forward to the special!!!! I will watch it after I get home for roller skating tonite!!!! =D:thumbup:

Morning all,

Tina - TOM for me starting today too...eeeek!! Glad I am not doing a weight check until next week, I can look down and see how bloated I am!

Doing well today, I have added Fiber sup. into my diet because TMI I was not going very often. Drank some last night and man, prob lost 2 lbs...LOL gross :rolleyes2:

OMG Tamra I am having the same problem lol.. What kind did you get, I am going tonight to get some... LOl.... I love how honest and forward we can be on here lol...