Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Fills don't hurt at all. Dr. Baggs had a hard time finding my port this time too. I got my first fill nat 6 weeks. 2cc's. I had instant restriction!! I had my first PB a few days later on broccoli!! Fills are nothing to stress over....

Jes: I bet you got a killer bruise? I have one this time. Even the bruises don't hurt.

I did wear white and Dr. Baggs was telling me I thought you learned your lesson about white?? I had a shirt get stained my first time when I sat up before I had a bandaid!!

Well I think I am gonna brave work tomorrow. I need to get back and on routine. So darn cold here tonight. Did I mention I woke up to a snowy backyard??

Good morning girls, and that you SO MUCH for this sore throat and sneezing!!!! I hope my check comes SOON so I can go get some Zucol and some Airborne . . . . I hate being sick.

Tina, snow - I can't believe it!! That's crazy!!

I am going to Richmond next Wednesday the 16th for a fill, I have a Robin appt. at 10 and a Dr. B at 11:30. Anyone else be there that day?? We can walk the parking garage, hey it's got hills, LOL

I miss you ALL!

Hi everyone:

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. My surgery is scheduled for Jan 5th in Richmond with Dr. Park. Did anyone one else have to take antibotics prior to surgery? What a pain it has been. And, I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks. Is this normal?

Sorry Riley. I am still home too. I have strep throat but I am on the mend. I figured if the throat is still sore I am contagious so one more day home.

Drinking cranberry juice which hurts going down.

If I live closer I would share my medicine with you. I haven't eaten much but I am up two pounds. Maybe that is why. Nothing sounds good!! LOL. Also TOM so I will probably go back down. I thought being sick would give me a good jump start on weight loss!! Arghhh..........I gotta get up and eat something.

Ok I changed my ticker..........I was hoping.........but I am firmly at 199 again so I guess I need to just change it................way to close to 200 for my comfort!! :-)

I hear ya Tina, BAD sore throat! It sent me home from work; I was on the main phone line and the calls were constant and my throat hurt SO BAD I just couldn't do it any more and had to get someone to cover me so I could go home. Sneezing, post nasal drip and gunky eyes, so I think it's a cold and not strep. You got cultured and it was strep? That comes with a fever, doesn't it? I had that 1 time and I remember I felt TERRIBLE than 1 day after I started antibiotics I was like, whoopee!! It was a miracle. Went on the ski trip with my youth group after all :-)

Have gained almost 4 lbs back, but having serious PMDD symptoms (i.e., I am going to kill someone, but between killings I will just sit here and cry at nothing) so hopefully it will go away when my TOM starts next week. Better be before I go for my fill!

I am munching on saltines with butter, SO not like me!! Waaaa . . .

Edited by riley4183

My daughter has strep throat......so I just figured!! I got medication from my uncle who is a doctor. I am broke this week to but get paid on Friday. I have enough for gas ...............LOL!! I have had the fever all day on Sunday not the sore throat but I am thinking that it is close to being over. I am getting better every day not worse like last week..........

But ah so much to get done when I get back to work!! Only three weeks until Christmas is that right?? Time is flying..........

Ah I know it . . . so much to be done at work whether I'm there or not - if I have to be out more than today and tomorrow, I will have to go in tomorrow night when there's no one there to infect, and bring work home with me. Fortunately I finished my staff reports for this week and I don't have any public hearings, but I do have a meeting with my favorite Supervisor - just elected last year - tomorrow, and I am going to have to miss that. My boss will go in my place to that, because when the Supervisors request a meeting they get one by golly!

I need to go take more airborne and zinc . . . maybe send my son to the store for Zycol, even though it's freezing out there . . . cranberry juice would be good too. I am eating EVERYTHING zero restriction, I am down 11 - 14 lbs since my last fill of .25 so I really need a new one. I can't believe what my body is eating right now - I am eating freaking sugar cookie dough! Not a lot but . . still, I never do stuff like that. I feel awful . . . .

Hi Cin, congrats on your surgery date! What a great Christmas gift you are giving yourself :thumbup: I think it is normal to not lose in the 2 weeks before surgery, especially over the holidays!! Just don't gain and you will be fine. We all freak out a little right before, and that makes us eat more . . . just don't gain.

Tina, when you went in for this last fill, did you get a chance to ask Dr. Baggs about fills if you lose Kaiser??

Oh Cin - the antibiotics - that's probably for h. Pylori, which is the bug that causes ulcers . . they have to get rid of it before banding you, because the risk of ulcers in the new little pouch is too high. it is truly awful medicine, but it does the job!

Just stopping by to say hello!

Didnt start today go figure.

I find its really hard when I don't have the foods I need!! so DUH Tamra. I went and got the foods, Water, etc...jeez...kinda would help there :thumbup:

Gonna check my weight in the morning, I know for a fact I have gained so I won't log it, but it's better this way to check, or I wont see what I have done to myself....

Atta girl! Set yourself up for success, not for failure. And remember: Each and every choice you make has the potential for bringing you closer to your goal, or taking you farther away from it. Post that one all over your house - esp. on the fridge & the pantry!!

I would have replaced "choice you make" with "bite you take," but it's more global than that for me. I need to remind myself that I am surrounded by choices every minute of every day. I don't have to be scared of them; I can just keep my goal(s) in mind and make the right choice MOST of the time. As long as I'm moving closer, I'm not going to beat myself up.

I learned this little goodie from my stop-smoking teacher, It was totally profound for me to learn that every puff was a choice - I never DID have to finish a cigarette. Or a cookie. Or a bocaburger. EVERYthing is a choice.

Hi ya everyone, we had our xmas party today. They really scaled back. Not much food but plenty of booze...go figure. I had a sip of a champagne brandy punch and immediately put it down barley touched my lips. I've never done that. I went back to the bar and had the guy pour me some Water in a wine goblet so I walked around with that. yea me!

Congrats Rose on you're date you are gonna love Dr P, just be ready with your gas x.

Tina, Riley bummer you are sick plenty of liquids though, good that you stay home so you can knock it out quicker.

Howdy all!

I've been running around like a mad woman getting ready for our trip. I went to get a pedicure and the shops were closed. All the nail shops. My friend and I drove around town in flip flops looking for a nail place! Oh well. We're staying in SF tomorrow night so we can store the car at the hotel but our flight isn't until 4! So maybe I'll just get my nails did in SF. I feel a little guilty that I didn't go to the gym last night or tonight, but I'm busy!

I'm going to miss you all when I'm gone! I can log on with my phone, but it's just not the same. It's hard to read the novels we write every day. Hmmm, 11 days away from lap band talk. How will I manage?

I'm back! I am so relieved I have a computer that works now!

Heather- have lots of fun and enjoy the weather! My neighbor just left to Hawaii this morning too. Must be a great time to go. Jess- thanks for the info on the split pea and chili I'm going to work on that today. I took some MOM yesterday and it helped a bit. I'm also taking benefiber daily, I do need to start more on my exersise. Havent done much of that. Hope you all have a great day.