Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

i got metamucial however its spelled, orange flavor from Walgreens, $6.99....girl I was in the bathroom like 20 mins later LMAO

LOL... Ok I am going to have to get some.... Sounds exactly what I am looking for LMAO!

So Lovin the rain right now~

AWWWKKKKK!

OK for the 1st time EVER, I am too tight! Got up at 3:30 in the morning, ate 3 fried eggs with NO problem (not tight or anything), had a SF soylatter for Breakfast all was fine, then tried to eat 1/4 cup of egg beaters with cheese about 11:00 for lunch, and nothing has gone down since the firstbite! TOM due today, and "bachelor #1" just called to say he wanted to drive up tonight to meet me in person, and WHAMMO!!!! Band is like a freakin' vice grip! Ay yi yi, what to do, what to do? NOTHING is going down, and I can't be too tight . . . . could something actually be "stuck" for that long? It feels like a swallered a golf ball!! I've been sliming for 2 hours. Advice? meat tendorazer, papaya enzyme? It's not meat, but ??? I don't know what to do! Except calm down, but #1 is coming up tonight! Aggghh!!!

RELIEF AT LAST!!

Ahhhhhh . . . believe it or not, JOGGING did the trick! Well that and a shot of vodke in my diet cranberry to relax everything - all is good now!

Holy moley, that was 4 hours of misery!!! I am going to have to carry some adoph's or papaya (or vodka!) with me from now on! And jogging shoes LOL

Nicolie so glad to see your smilin face on here again! :-)

Tina I mailed Michaela's package yesterday :rolleyes2:

Thanks Riley!!

Hey Hey everybody TGIF!!!

Riley you are too funny...I say take the vodka :rolleyes2:. Have fun with #1. I haven't got stuck yet knock knock. I can only imagine.

I can't believe this rian... I know we need it but I pretty much have a zillion errands to do tomorrow, not to mention I have to drive in this madness to get home from the city.

Yea Pat things have calmed way down here at work exam is over just need to send the scores out and I'll be coasting to new years.

Stay dry everyone

Hey everybody -

Pat - I think that is so cool - my daddy use to say that every chirstmas and, until today - I had no idea what it meant. so, did I read correctly, virginia is your grandmother - how exciting. I love my cats so Thanks!

Tina - good to know - I hate this crud and I just found out that I have to be there Tuesday too so no fill for me. Gotta reschedule! so, evasive/vague is my new motto!!

Riley - have fun tonight - I so wish my brother wasn't such a jerk because you two would get along so well. You are like two peas in a pod but he prefers whiskey LOL. He loves to take the kids to the races and camping and bike riding. He's too old for you too (46) hahaha. Glad you got your relief!!

Jes - I love the rain! What I don't like is the chill factor - so cold! It usually warms up after the rain but not this time.

Going to the city tonight to see a "spoken word" band. Hope it's fun cuz My husband and I can't really afford to get out much - hate to wast my 10 dollas on nothin

Candra, have fun tonight. Spoken word is very cool from what I've seen of it on TV.

Riley, I'm so glad the vodka and jogging helped.

Hi to everyone! Stay warm and as dry as possible. I hope Heather is having great weather!

I had my appointment with Dr. Baggs today. I told him hello from everyone here. I really really liked him. I've told you all that I thought the Sleeve would be best for me. I went armed with reason why and a notebook full of questions to ask him. He started talking about the three surgeries and immediately told me that he thought the Sleeve would be my best option. My only fear is that there aren't long term studies of the results.

I expected to have a lot of weight to lose but he looked at a CT scan I had done last Friday due to pain in my abdomen. He said my liver looks great and gave me a weight loss goal of 230. They set up my psych appt for next Friday. He told me to expect surgery next February or March depending on my NUT and case manager appointments.

YAY!

Can I still come visiting over here? Please? I'm planning to go to the support group next Wednesday in Richmond. Anyone else going?

Congrats Lee - curious as to what the reasons why the sleeve was the best option - just because I know so little about it - was not an option I was given Last May

Lee - OF COURSE you can stay here!!!! congrads on only having to loose 10 lbs you lucky duck you!! I am jealous!!! ;( LOL.

I am going to the next Richmond meeting!

Lee - I'm so glad you made your choice and like your doctor. I think Richmond has a terrific program and great docs. I am sure you are very relieved. Please stay on the board for support - it is so important. I won't going Wed to the meeting because my son is coming home from DC and I haven't seen him in almost 6 months. But I usually try to get to at least 1 or the 2 meetings each month so I will see you in Jan.

Riley - OMG - sounds like it was rough. Glad you are OK. You have to dish on #1 - I am going to the meeting on Sat. afterall. Gave myself a talking to - support really helps. And I can do my errands after.

Tamra and Nicolie - do you eat veggies and fruit on your 1200? I find the 2 fruit and 2 veggies a day works in that department.

Candra - Yes, Virginia is my grandmother. This is a picture of both of us when I was around her age when she wrote the letter. (I was round then too!)

post-272068-13813138968918_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone,

Candra, the AMA recently came out with new reports regarding the Sleeve. Kaiser just started to offer it as a third solution in the right situations. I have had to take meds that would not be viable for me with the RNY. At my age I decided against the LB because of upkeep and potential problems in the future with the Band.

Pat, I completely understand about missing the meeting. My son comes home on the 24th. It will be his first trip home in awhile as he was teaching in Dubai for a year, then went directly to grad school in NY. I would miss it too if I were you. There's lots of future meetings. That is so cool that Virigina is your grammy!!

Riley, can't wait to hear about date night. I'm very encouraged to think that I'll be more willing to meet men once I've let go of some of these pounds.

Tamra, I'll see you at the meeting! I took Dr. Baggs printouts of my last week's food journal. I told him that I don't lose at 1200 and showed him my logs for 1000-1100 calories a day. He didn't like that I've been having Protein Shakes for Breakfast so I need to work on that. Whatever reason he had for giving me a low pre-surgery weight, I'm grateful!

Dr. Baggs told me that as long as I'm under a 30 BMI (170) he'll be happy with my surgery and progress. I put 150 because I'll be in the 25 range. Would you up it if you were me?

am I the only one who has nothing to do tonight? Sitting here in front of the fire a little bored. I had a pc of fish with mayo on it. I know sounds gross but I have to eat everythig with mayo otherwise it's too dry.

Candra and Riley hope you have fun tonight.

I am home tonight!! Its raining and I want to play my wii and enjoy a fire!

Lee - make sure you give me your outfit next week, I promise I am coming this time!! I need the support for sure. I am weight checking on monday and I hope it's lower then the previous 266.9.

Pat - I don't eat the fruit nor very many veggies. I did throw a potato in the mix today.

Food today:

Breakfast - 1 venti skinny vanilla latte of course

lunch - same taco salad i made last night (lettace, red fat cheese, hamburger meat, 2 tablespoons sour cream, and today added some fresh salsa)

snack - grande latte (whoops?)

Dinner- 2 pieces baked chicken from Safeway, with 1 potato mashed with some cheese and sour cream. it was SOOOOO GOOD

after dinner snack - a few chunks regular cheddar cheese...hehe

Oh now girls, we were not having a date, we were just going to meet up because I had not met him in person yet! As it turns out, I fell asleep at like 6:30 and apparently I had my ringer off because about 9:45 my phone buzzes and it's a voice mail from him,oops! But he said he did not expect me to get up and come out in the rain that late, he was going to drive back to Napa & call him tomorrow. He's still bachelor #1 but there are more, although #2 kinda fell out of contention and I am waiting for the background on #3 so Candra maybe I should meet your brother! 44 is my low limit :-) But they can't be shorter than me.

I'm just sayin . . . . .

So yeah, that was a long and awful episode, I could not keep anything down and I was sliming for 4 hours - ugly stuff. But once it passed, I ate a salad with Quorn Chik'n and big hunks of cheese, some cottage cheese, 2 string cheeses, etc. - no problems at all! Very, very weird. So glad THAT is over.