Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I love my band. So far I haven't had any problems. I have now since joined a gym to help get off the last 20 pounds. I too can eat whatever and not gain much weight. One or two days of being good and I lose it. I hope everyone else is doing well.

HEY LADIES!!!! So glad that we are checking in on one another. 2 years have really flown by. My weight has been really consistant for the past 6 months. and I know why, i havent been in the gym reularly. I still want to lose another 30-40 pounds so I really need to step up my game. The first year I was at the gym hard core 5-7 days a weeks at 4:30am then I had my slip and a revision surgery. I got discoraged during that ime, didnt gain any weight but didnt lose either. So here I am almost 2 years out and not quite to goal BUT I am extremely happy I love my band! best decision i ever made for my self as far as weight loss is concerned. i know that i have got to get back on my "journey" (btw i really hate that term). ive seen alot of thing on this site, alot of success and alot of struggle. i consder myself success . 280 down to 183, not wuite goal but a succee nonetheless.

I was banded Nov. 16, 2009. I am almost at goal and the 100 pound mark. 99 pounds as of Sunday. I want to loose another 5 and then be prepared to gain a pound or 2 when I start reintroducing healthy carbs and fat.

I was banded Nov. 16, 2009. I am almost at goal and the 100 pound mark. 99 pounds as of Sunday. I want to loose another 5 and then be prepared to gain a pound or 2 when I start reintroducing healthy carbs and fat.

Wow, you did it very quickly!

I won't bore you too long with my story. Lost 70 lbs, regained 20 lbs. after being completely unfilled three times. Next small fill resulted in pain and PBing with only 2 ccs. Now completely unfilled and never going back. I, too, was starving, according to my MD and still not losing any weight. I will never be able to encourage anyone to have this surgery. I am now using an all natural supplement to curb my appetite and lose the rest of my weight. I could have saved myself two years and a lot of pain. I am happy for those of you who have had great results with it. I am just sad for me, because once again I feel like a failure. Good luck you gorgeous Notorious November ladies :)

WOWZERS!!! That's fast! Good job!

Hi there yes it has been a long time since I was on line. Thanks for the e-mail and check in. I had my band on Nov 28 2008 and I have lost 75 lbs and I am off all medications, my diabeties is gone, my high BP is gone and I am looking fine. Now I wear a size 8 in a pant and 12 in a top It use to be 18 on bottom and 2 X on top. I think this decision helped me live longer so i have no regrets. It is the best thing ever. I still crave foods I should not eat from time to time but only treat myself once in a while. I got something stuck once and the DR fixed it no problem by taking out my Fluid asking me to drink a big glass of Water and replacing the Fluid. I think it was corn on the cob that got stuk. Love to hear how the rest of you are doing.

Kirsty:tt1::thumbup::thumbup:

Glammaw, You are a success, not a failure!! Damn, I remember all the struggles you had to lose any pounds and there you managed to lose and keep 50 pounds off. What a difference that must make. And I bet you managed to change a lot of bad habits along the way. The band definitely is not for everyone. Some people's bodies just will not tolerate it. That does not make you a failure. I wish you more success in continuing to your goal weight! Check in here now and then!

I haven't been on this board for a very long time. I received an e-mail notice about this thread this morning, so thought I'd check in.

I'm glad to hear about so many people having success with their bands, but I'm also mystified and saddened. I don't really understand how other people do it.

Actually, I do. I've never really followed the rules. Never exercised. Always had the intention, but never got there. In the beginning, I was planning my wedding and was so stressed out and busy that I thought I had a good excuse. After that I was going to "get around to it" when things settled down. They still haven't settled down! I "couldn't" give up drinking with meals. I lost 50 pounds in the beginning. Once I went on my honeymoon, I allowed myself to have some slider foods like ice cream to enjoy myself. Well, the enjoyment never ended. Foods would get stuck once in a while, because I would forget to chew really well. I could go on and on, but as I reread this I just sound like a big baby!

I've gained back 30 pounds. I recently had the doctor empty my band, because I just gave up. I feel that if I could follow the rules anyway I would still lose the weight. *sigh*

I'm especially happy to hear that people have gotten rid of medical problems. YAY! That's so awesome! I pray that I will find the strength to take care of myself before I develope diabetes and/or other problems. :thumbup:

Good luck to everyone!!! I truly wish everyone success and happiness!

I haven't been on this board for a very long time. I received an e-mail notice about this thread this morning, so thought I'd check in.

I'm glad to hear about so many people having success with their bands, but I'm also mystified and saddened. I don't really understand how other people do it.

Actually, I do. I've never really followed the rules. Never exercised. Always had the intention, but never got there. In the beginning, I was planning my wedding and was so stressed out and busy that I thought I had a good excuse. After that I was going to "get around to it" when things settled down. They still haven't settled down! I "couldn't" give up drinking with meals. I lost 50 pounds in the beginning. Once I went on my honeymoon, I allowed myself to have some slider foods like ice cream to enjoy myself. Well, the enjoyment never ended. Foods would get stuck once in a while, because I would forget to chew really well. I could go on and on, but as I reread this I just sound like a big baby!

I've gained back 30 pounds. I recently had the doctor empty my band, because I just gave up. I feel that if I could follow the rules anyway I would still lose the weight. *sigh*

I'm especially happy to hear that people have gotten rid of medical problems. YAY! That's so awesome! I pray that I will find the strength to take care of myself before I develope diabetes and/or other problems. :thumbup:

Good luck to everyone!!! I truly wish everyone success and happiness!

Well you still have the band and anytime can change your mindset and try again!! Unfortunately, my physical condition along with lack of ambition made me lose all of my weight with practically no exercise so it can be done (not recommended, but attainable!!). I stayed on about 1000 cals a day and lost consistently. I still do not exercise much at all other than physical therapy done in bed for my spine and occasionally getting on my exercise bike, but I am maintaining. You can do it!

I just logged on today (for the first time in a very long time) too! I have done well, but not without bumps along the way. I got discouraged all the time in the beginning, but overall I am happy with where I am now. I am in a size 10 and +/- 175 lbs. The doc says I have 30 pounds to go to get to where "the table" says I should be, which is ahead of the band schedule (the band schedule says most bandsters lose 60% of their excess weight in 3 years...). I go thru my periods of not exercising and not eating right (quite often actually). Those are the times where I don't lose (I've been known to gain a couple pounds over the periods between dr. visits also). Will power is still a huge part of this for me. Right now I've been eating out way too much and not making the right choices...but I digress... The biggest key for me has been to ALWAYS see my doctor. I went monthly the first year and this year I go every other month. I've had 2 unfills the last 6 months for being over-filled and developing heartburn and other issues. I'm at 7.1 cc's since my last .1 unfill in September and I think I'm comfortable here. I eat more than normal, but if I eat the right stuff I can still lose. If I don't eat the right stuff I can and will gain.

jms462001--The best part of having the band is that you can make adjustments. Physically and mentally. It took me a year to lose the first 30 pounds and realize it wasn't going to just fall off. Starting in October/November of last year I started the C25K (a running program for couch potatoes). I did this for like 8-9 weeks before joining and going to the gym. Let me tell you--the weight started falling off. I discovered if I am exercising I can lose and not have to be so strict with my food intake. I don't count anything anymore--which could be why I don't lose regularly--but this is a forever way of life change, not a diet, and I am happy with not having to watch everything I put in my mouth. That's why I chose the band over other available WL options. I'll be honest in the fact that I went into this thinking it would be a quick fix...no matter what everyone said here (and believe me, I did my research/reading)--still, in the back of my mind I thought I would be one of the lucky ones that didn't have to work so hard. Well that was not the case. Step back, reassess, get another fill, and start over. Come here often for support -- that's why I'm back. You can do this.

I'm trying to get back in the grove to get in a single digit size....an 8. But I gotta do the work and get my head back in the game. We can both do it together!!!

Crystal

I guess I was one of the lucky ones who steadily lost without much effort, many fills, or much exercise. I thank God for that because I thought it would be a great challenge especially at my age. I am thankful for the physical activity I CAN do now. Being able to go to a mall and hold up for an hr or more is a real treat.Before the surgery, walking from my bedroom to my kitchen brought tears to my eyes because the pain was so bad. I really should get surgery on my back but I am scared plus can't see myself totally dependent on someone else for 3+ months. I know the day will come that I will have to do it!

I eat anything I want now and don't seem to gain weight or if I do gain a couple pounds, it comes off quickly as my appetite fluctuates so much. It amazes me how different people are with how their bodies react to the band and a lot of it seems to be sensitivity. Maybe because I always could eat anything (stomach of steel!!), never vomited in my life (except a couple x's overdosing on tequila LOL), and never suffered from heartburn, indigestion or any of that stuff helps too. I don't know. I try to figure it out sometimes by reading everyone's individual experiences and problems with band

WOW, you are doing great!

Hi Everyone! I'm so happy to see our Notorious Novembers posting again. I can't believe it's been almost two years since banding. I too, have had my highs and lows. Two unfills due to family crisis this spring. I've found stress really tightens my band.

I first logged on again on my 53rd birthday, Sept 26 and felt so guilty.

I've gained back almost 10 of the 57 lbs I'd lost. I went into exercise overdrive and threw my back out a month ago. Now I'm in physical therapy 2x a week & no exercising for awhile.

Due to "female" issues, my doctor doesn't want to fill my band until I have a few other tests...I'd love to hear from everyone.

I really need to be accountable again.

I feel so guilty after reading how well everyone is doing...great job everyone!!!!

Can anyone share what & how much they are eating to get to this point??

I've gone from a 2x to XL but really wanted to be farther along. I went to a Weight Watcher meeting a few months back but wow did they beat up on WLS. I didin't go back.

Any help would really be appreciated!!!!

Hockeyson

You have had good reason for set backs and can't expect the band to work unfilled! When I was unfilled for my hyst. a few weeks Sept '09, I could hardly believe how quickly I was eating my old way (not meaning bad food or huge amts., but big bites and fast chewing lol). And my appetite definitely increased immediately.

I have heard people say they have used Weight Watchers for additional support after the band. They don't tell them about having the lapband. I think I wouldn't as it shouldn't be an issue!! WW is a good program.

I don't have a big appetite and I don't have any particular diet, but find some days I am really hungry and others not much at all. I still can't eat solids early in the day. I have a skinny latte with Protein and sometimes a muscle milk lite. I often eat a couple TBS of P.B. or some veggies and chicken or nuts in the afternoon. And at dinner meat, salad, veggies, even bread and Pasta or rice some days. I also eat Beans quite often. I can eat bread if I really take my time, but not if I'm really hungry and try to hurry!! popcorn, Protein sweets at night.

I have to weigh weekly and if my wt is up, I work on it the following wk. and look back as to why (half a red velvet cake the week of my b'day lol) My wt is up a couple pounds this wk and I know why. I eat a Chef Jay protein brownie or 2 chocolate chip Cookies every night.....so delicious and satisfies my sweet cravings and supplements 20 additional protein grams needed. Well, this wk I had both every night which added too many cals each day thus the wt gain which I knew would happen!!! I won't do it again. I think being aware of everything that goes into our mouths and not grazing is half the battle.

You will start losing again when you get your band filled and get it where it belongs. I sympathize with your back and hope it feels better!! Also hope your women problems are solved soon and nothing serious. Hang in there!! You will succeed!