Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

Thanks Jaime for the link, I'm going to order the sampler pack. Great price and gives some flexibility, which I like.

Hey I have a link for you - if you are eating out, this link gives you the Protein content of foods at restaurants - they have a boat load of them. So if you're going out to eat, you can plan in advance - go to

CalorieKing - Calorie Counter - Fast-Food Chains & Restaurants

Pat

Thanks Jaime for the link, I'm going to order the sampler pack. Great price and gives some flexibility, which I like.

Hey I have a link for you - if you are eating out, this link gives you the Protein content of foods at restaurants - they have a boat load of them. So if you're going out to eat, you can plan in advance - go to

CalorieKing - Calorie Counter - Fast-Food Chains & Restaurants

Pat

Thanks! And let me know which ones you like once you have a chance to try them all! That website is really great to order protein powders from, as well as other items, because they have always got good deals going. Sometimes it's free shipping, sometimes it's a free t-shirt with a certain dollar amount purchase. And their Ground Shipping is actually really fast. We typically get our shipments in 2 business days. :tounge_smile:

I won't have my first fill until January 15th. I don't get physically hungry very often, but the head hunger has been making me crazy this weekend. Now that I look back I can see where I ate something stupid that would naturally bring on the sugar cravings. (Honey) I'm telling myself that it will pass. Not every day will be like this. Reading the success stories helps. I've made a renewed commitment to measuring and weighing what I eat instead of eyeballing it. What a surprise I had today when I started measuring. OOPS! Maybe it's no co-inky-dink that I haven't lost any weight in the past two weeks!

Any Cold Weather problems? Weird, the past few days when it's been really cold, (and yes I'm bundled up), the wounds where they opened me up for the surgery seem to ache, has anyone else in a cold weather climate experienced this? I know the wounds are only 4 weeks old, so this might be normal. Any thoughts?

Pat:confused_smile:

Any Cold Weather problems? Weird, the past few days when it's been really cold, (and yes I'm bundled up), the wounds where they opened me up for the surgery seem to ache, has anyone else in a cold weather climate experienced this? I know the wounds are only 4 weeks old, so this might be normal. Any thoughts?

Pat:confused_smile:

Maybe..............I've noticed that my abs have been sore for the past few days. I just attributed it to running around a lot, doing Christmas shopping.

Whenever I'm standing up, I'm holding in my stomach and it drives me crazy. I would like to stop the habit. My mother taught me to do it when I was 12, so that I wouldn't look so fat. Does anyone/everyone else do that? She made me think that all women do it. I feel like it just adds stress to my body. That's why I thought the soreness was from shopping. All that holding in my tummy was making my poor wounded abs sore. So, maybe it is the cold, Pat!

Edited by ginnytwo

I won't have my first fill until January 15th. I don't get physically hungry very often, but the head hunger has been making me crazy this weekend. Now that I look back I can see where I ate something stupid that would naturally bring on the sugar cravings. (Honey) I'm telling myself that it will pass. Not every day will be like this. Reading the success stories helps. I've made a renewed commitment to measuring and weighing what I eat instead of eyeballing it. What a surprise I had today when I started measuring. OOPS! Maybe it's no co-inky-dink that I haven't lost any weight in the past two weeks!

Ginny, I'sm soooo with you Weighing is key .. I cam to realize that there can be no more eyeballing.. I just found a small scale that I can fit in my purse at Wal-Mart and I'm buying a second to keep with me when I'm going some place I need to eyeball or a friend of mine brings a measuring cup...lol.

Ginny, I'sm soooo with you Weighing is key .. I cam to realize that there can be no more eyeballing.. I just found a small scale that I can fit in my purse at Wal-Mart and I'm buying a second to keep with me when I'm going some place I need to eyeball or a friend of mine brings a measuring cup...lol.

How are you feeling after your first fill? Any restriction to speak of? I thought I read this weekend somewhere that you had felt some discomfort with your fill.

How are you feeling after your first fill? Any restriction to speak of? I thought I read this weekend somewhere that you had felt some discomfort with your fill.

First fill was tough and then afterwards the port area was tender and difficult to bend. It took it him a few times to find the port. Then for some reason the area swelled up and was very tender to the touch !!! so I put on the heating pad and relaxed for two days!!! Hope the next one is a littlebit easier!! Just trying to figure out the restriction.... At this point and time I feel ok with what I have I just may need a snack inbetween a meal ! I guess I have to watch the scale I think I saw somewhere that we should loose 1-2 lbs a week after a fill??? Not sure if that's true... But I will really put my best food forward and really measure everythign this week and try to control myself with the Holiday coming up.

How are things since your fill ??? Any restriction??

Okay, I have a question, what size bands do you all have? I have a 5cc band, and the doctor scheduled me for 3 appts. two weeks apart, so over 6 weeks I guess I may get 3 fills or maybe 2, don't know, guess it depends on how I'm doing. Did your doctors schedule appts. like that? My 4th visit is then one month after the 3rd.

I hope you all had a good Christmas holiday, I'm enjoying the time off work, but not the excesses of food available, too tempting. How about the rest of you?

Okay, I have a question, what size bands do you all have? I have a 5cc band, and the doctor scheduled me for 3 appts. two weeks apart, so over 6 weeks I guess I may get 3 fills or maybe 2, don't know, guess it depends on how I'm doing. Did your doctors schedule appts. like that? My 4th visit is then one month after the 3rd.

I hope you all had a good Christmas holiday, I'm enjoying the time off work, but not the excesses of food available, too tempting. How about the rest of you?

Pat, I have a 4cc band. Have you had a fill, yet? If not, when is your appointment? I'm bummed that my first fill isn't until 1/14 and it seems like everyone else is moving right along.

I'm having a rough time with all the temptations. I don't have any restriction. I told myself today that if I manage to not gain by my fill date that I will be pretty darn happy with that.

I'm getting married on May 25th, so I'm starting to feel like every single day counts. I swore that I wasn't going to do this to myself! I certainly don't expect to be at my goal by then, but I want to lose as much as possible.

Hi Ginny, I'm going to send you a quick private email.

Hi Pat,

I see my surgeon today at 4:15.When I asked him during the last visit if I'd be getting a fill, he said we would see how things are progressing. He said some of his patients do not need fills for 2-3 months.

I'm very restricted in the mornings. I've lost 24lbs (6 were pre-diet) and I'm happy with that. I wasn't at first but will take each pound as it comes. I'll let you know if he gives me a fill today.

We had a quiet Christmas. Our 16yr old dog is not doing well. Our 18yr old son has begged us to hold off putting her down as he thought she would pass in her sleep. That's not gonna happen so we are scheduled to meet the vet tomorrow at 11:40. My band is really tight today. I've cried most of the morning. I guess stess does play a big part in all of this.

Hockeyson,

Sorry to hear about your dog, we have a dog and a cat, I know it will be hard to put your dog down, we had to put our other cat down last summer, she was 18 years old. Hang in there. I'll look forward to hearing from you after your appt.

Pat:thumbup: