Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

I have a question..... I just got my first feel on Monday and I am scared to take my medication. The doctor said it should be fine but I do not understand how it wont get stuck! I mean if you have to chew your food so much then how will my pills go down?? Please help I am not taking my medicine:confused:

I totally relate. After I had my surgery, I was SO scared to take my meds. My nurse kept reassuring me it would be okay. I said, "How can it be okay when I'm supposed to have nothing but liquids for two weeks? Some of these are big pills!" She insisted it would be okay. And it was.

I would say, please, please, please, don't stop taking your medicine! Depending on what kind it is, it could be very dangerous to your health. I would suggest taking it a while after you've eaten (if allowed). Try to relax and just take one at a time. I've heard people say they space their medications out. (I don't know if you have more than one pill to take.) I have to believe it's okay. I made a HUGE stink out of this topic (with my doctor) before I got my band. I take a lot of medications and cannot go without them. I wouldn't have gotten the band if it was going to be a problem. The doctor and two pharmacists insisted it would be alright. So you can see that I understand what it's like to be concerned about it and I'm in your corner.

Take it easy, it's going to be okay. Let us know how it goes.

:)

I was supposed to get my first fill today, but I have the flu. They rescheduled it for next Wednesday. :)

Ginny, sorry to hear you have the flu...my hubby was sick last week with flu like symptoms but it was viral. He ran a fever for 4 days, headache and chills but doctor said not the flu. You will lose weight....he did....hope you feel better.

I've noticed in the past few days that I'm getting hungry. I haven't had a fill yet. I'm down 27lbs (according to my scales).

Just rest...it's really nasty weather out there today. I work in Rockville so I know!:wink::)

Ginny, sorry to hear you have the flu...my hubby was sick last week with flu like symptoms but it was viral. He ran a fever for 4 days, headache and chills but doctor said not the flu. You will lose weight....he did....hope you feel better.

I've noticed in the past few days that I'm getting hungry. I haven't had a fill yet. I'm down 27lbs (according to my scales).

Just rest...it's really nasty weather out there today. I work in Rockville so I know!:eek::cool:

It was viral, huh? Lovely. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, but I guess if it's viral they won't be able to help me. :angry:

I got up at 6 a.m. in this nasty weather to take the trash to the curb. I have to wheel it up a hill to get there.

Wow. I am feeling SO sorry for my self today! LOL!

P.S. You have one heck of a commute. :thumbup:

Good luck on the first fill I know you must be excite I'm anxiously waiting my 2nd one. No restricition for the past 3 weeks... trying to be good...lol. Great job on the weight loss over the holiday ....YAHOO:biggrin:

Thank you Heather! I wish you luck now with the fills the weight loss will come easier!:thumbup:

hey firedol! I have not had my first fill yet. I will have it on the 13th of Jan. I hope I feel restriction. on the day of surgeryi weighed in at 233 at my home and now I'm 223-225 it ranges so i feel i should have lost more. Inches are better than the scale.< /p>

we were both banded on 11/24 as well. How much did you loose?

Evelyn:thumbup:

hey firedol! I have not had my first fill yet. I will have it on the 13th of Jan. I hope I feel restriction. on the day of surgeryi weighed in at 233 at my home and now I'm 223-225 it ranges so i feel i should have lost more. Inches are better than the scale.

we were both banded on 11/24 as well. How much did you loose?

Evelyn:thumbup:

I have lost 31 all together. I did loose about 18 on the pre-op diet. I have no restriction and really need it now!! Good job on your weight loss too:thumbup:

Well today is my first fill, I'm not looking forward to it, but am looking forward to it, if you know what I mean. I am having a hard time getting the butt in gear to start the exercise routine. How's everyone doing?

Well today is my first fill, I'm not looking forward to it, but am looking forward to it, if you know what I mean. I am having a hard time getting the butt in gear to start the exercise routine. How's everyone doing?

Pat good luck on your first fill .... things will go well and I'm sure your looking forward to the restriction.:laugh: it's hard to get the butt in gear but you can do it. Good luck and lets us know how it went.

Pat good luck on your first fill .... things will go well and I'm sure your looking forward to the restriction.:laugh: it's hard to get the butt in gear but you can do it. Good luck and lets us know how it went.

I too am having a hard time motivating to exercise:redface: I get my first fill Thursday. I am excited but also wondering will I be one of those that needs two or three to feel restriction? Good luck Pat and please let us know how it goes:thumbup:

Okay, the fill went fine, the doctor did a great job, didn't feel much. He gave me a 3 cc fill in a 9 cc band. I thought I had a 5 cc band. He said the 9 cc is one of the newer sizes. He told me I was doing well and encouraged me to keep it up. Yesterday I was on Clear Liquids, today on Protein Shakes and clear liquids, tomorrow on mushies and then Friday back on regular food.

He reminded me to look for the signals of fullness, hiccup, cough, etc.. I have experienced a tightness in my shoulder when I have hit the limit on food intake, kind of reminds me of the feeling after the surgery when I had the gas pains, though not as painful.

I'm good overall and look forward to the restriction. I do fly to NY in two weeks so he asked that I wait for the next fill till after I return. He said sometimes air in the band can cause some problems at high altitudes. All for now!

Okay, the fill went fine, the doctor did a great job, didn't feel much. He gave me a 3 cc fill in a 9 cc band. I thought I had a 5 cc band. He said the 9 cc is one of the newer sizes. He told me I was doing well and encouraged me to keep it up. Yesterday I was on clear liquids, today on Protein Shakes and clear liquids, tomorrow on mushies and then Friday back on regular food.

He reminded me to look for the signals of fullness, hiccup, cough, etc.. I have experienced a tightness in my shoulder when I have hit the limit on food intake, kind of reminds me of the feeling after the surgery when I had the gas pains, though not as painful.

I'm good overall and look forward to the restriction. I do fly to NY in two weeks so he asked that I wait for the next fill till after I return. He said sometimes air in the band can cause some problems at high altitudes. All for now!

Awesome News Pat.. Flying information very usefull !!!:thumbup:

I had the atrangest thing happen today - I had my first fill 12/30 - didn't do much for me - this past week - my appetite totally came back and I was able to eat normal again - then today - all of a sudden I started getting some restriction during lunch. I had to stop after 3 or 4 bites and wait for it to pass - then I was able to finish. Has this happened to anyone else?

I got my firs fill today and all is well. I felt restriction and did not feel hungry for about 5 hours.

Kirsty

Awesome!:wink: