Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

I had the atrangest thing happen today - I had my first fill 12/30 - didn't do much for me - this past week - my appetite totally came back and I was able to eat normal again - then today - all of a sudden I started getting some restriction during lunch. I had to stop after 3 or 4 bites and wait for it to pass - then I was able to finish. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes! I've had exactly pretty much the same experience, although at first I felt the restriction, then not so much, then a few days later, the restriction was back. Now, if I eat to quickly or eat something that is too dry, like fish or toast, I get a pain at the base on my neck on the left side -- I wonder if there is a nerve that runs through there, and if this is the "shoulder pain" that others have described. It passes quickly but is quite intense and is a powerful motivator to eat more slowly.

Yes! I've had exactly pretty much the same experience, although at first I felt the restriction, then not so much, then a few days later, the restriction was back. Now, if I eat to quickly or eat something that is too dry, like fish or toast, I get a pain at the base on my neck on the left side -- I wonder if there is a nerve that runs through there, and if this is the "shoulder pain" that others have described. It passes quickly but is quite intense and is a powerful motivator to eat more slowly.

It's weired - I am able to eat alot more food - yet I can still feel slight restriction. Today, I didn't have it as much as yesterday - yet I can still feel it.

Okay, I went and bought a new pair of pants yesterday, I'm now fitting comfortable in a 20, down from a 24, that was a nice feeling as I've been wearing pants that were real baggy on me. I hope you're all doing well. I will be getting my second fill in two weeks. Take care!

Okay, I went and bought a new pair of pants yesterday, I'm now fitting comfortable in a 20, down from a 24, that was a nice feeling as I've been wearing pants that were real baggy on me. I hope you're all doing well. I will be getting my second fill in two weeks. Take care!

Pat, That is wonderful news!!! WTG! I haven't bought anything new as I have a lot of winter clothes I "out grew" from the past two winters.

I love the Non scale victories.. no passing out when tying sneakers, goingup and down stairs with out needing oxygen...lol.. The clothes thing is great to I have a job wear I have to dress for work and everyone keeps saying your pants are way to baggy buy some new ones!!! I'm like are you Buying? that keeps them quite:thumbup: I refuse to buy anything until spring so I've been raiding my Daughters closet for a few things!!! AWESOME JOB PAT:thumbup:

Great job you guys! I'm in a regular size 20 from a women's 22. I could go smaller in the waist, but the thighs haven't gotten the word yet, so I'm just baggy in the waist area. I too like the non scale victories... I can climb the stairs without getting winded, altho my knees still complain! I seem to have stalled out weight loss wise tho. I don't "feel" anything from my first fill. Just trying to watch what I eat... set myself a portion and put the rest away. I go for a 2nd fill on Feb 9. Keep it up guys!

ok so i had an "aha" moment. ive been struggling a little since my first fill, with not feeling any restriction but ive talked about that enough. ok so today after work i pick up my 2 kids 1 1/2 and 4 yrs old and after running a few errands they are both asleep by the time i get home. i some how get them both out of their car seats, the 4 year old on one shoulder and the 18month old on the other. as im walking very quickly (in my 3 inch heels from work) trying to get from my parking spot at my condominum complex to my front door, a good 100 - 150 steps. i'm thinkg good lord these kids are heavy, when "aha" hits me as my arms start to burn. my 2 kids collectivley weigh about 50 lbs, thats only 2 pound shy of what ive lost since my start (pre and post op together). thats when i said to myself, "self. you have done a good job so far!" thats 48 down that i dont ever want to carry around again unless its in the forum of my 2 precious lovebugs.

ok so i had an "aha" moment. ive been struggling a little since my first fill, with not feeling any restriction but ive talked about that enough. ok so today after work i pick up my 2 kids 1 1/2 and 4 yrs old and after running a few errands they are both asleep by the time i get home. i some how get them both out of their car seats, the 4 year old on one shoulder and the 18month old on the other. as im walking very quickly (in my 3 inch heels from work) trying to get from my parking spot at my condominum complex to my front door, a good 100 - 150 steps. i'm thinkg good lord these kids are heavy, when "aha" hits me as my arms start to burn. my 2 kids collectivley weigh about 50 lbs, thats only 2 pound shy of what ive lost since my start (pre and post op together). thats when i said to myself, "self. you have done a good job so far!" thats 48 down that i dont ever want to carry around again unless its in the forum of my 2 precious lovebugs.

What a wonderful story! That made me smile this morning. You're doing really well, keep up the good work!!! :(

:bored: How awesome is that:crying: I Miss my girls being that little!! You know what maybe the next time we complain about our lack of loss we go to the gym and pick up the dumbell that represents our loss and try hopping on the treadmill with it !! LOL... I know I don't want to get back on the treadmill with 25lbs and try to exercise!!

Great job you guys! I'm in a regular size 20 from a women's 22. I could go smaller in the waist, but the thighs haven't gotten the word yet, so I'm just baggy in the waist area. I too like the non scale victories... I can climb the stairs without getting winded, altho my knees still complain! I seem to have stalled out weight loss wise tho. I don't "feel" anything from my first fill. Just trying to watch what I eat... set myself a portion and put the rest away. I go for a 2nd fill on Feb 9. Keep it up guys!

Keep up the good work!! I have had 2 fills and still looking for sweet spot.. Loving the band though wouldn't give it back for the world.:bored:

Slow and steady wins the race, another couple of pounds have come off, thank you! Summer is going to be here before you know it. I live in a cool climate so right now we're wearing layers. I hope to be in a better place when I have to pull out the shorts this summer. Since getting the lap band, my daughter has begun making changes, she's overweight also (thanks to me). I'm a single parent (widow). This summer she's going to a weight loss camp in Pennsylvania. She's excited to be going, probably as excited as I was about the lap band. This is the year for both of us to lose weight and get to a healthier place.

I'm proud of one accomplishment - I've only had one small soda since my surgery. I used to drink sodas everyday.

To all the men reading this post just turn away....Ok to all my nortorious november ladies, i've got a question for you. is anyone else's cycle completely out of wack? tmi? i know, but in lieu of searching for a thread on the topic i thought i'd check with thoes i already know. the past 2 months mine is so completely off it's driving me nuts. i have heard tale of weight loss affecting your tom but i was just curious if anyone shared this delimma. i'm a woman of predictability. i like my coffe by 9, my kids to bed by 8:30, and my cycle every 28 days...so this is throwing a kink in my routine....and i'm not pg. already took a test...twice!

I'm in that wonderful time of life called "para menapausal" and all I can say is that I've stopped totally it seems. A blessing in disguise.

I'm loving the band too. After my second fill they had me to tight. Went back the next day and they took .5cc out. I have gone back three more times for .25cc each time and really feeling the restriction now. After the unfill I gained 5 punds back. As of this morning (2 weeks later) I have lost the 5 pounds plus 2 more.

I too also love the NON scale victories. I'm down from a 24 to a 18/20 pants now. Shirts are starting to get pretty baggie too. My mother in law is going to a party where you take 5 items and trade with others to get to the right size you need. I'm going to sell more of my stuff on Ebay and just shop at Wal-Mart & Target & Kohl's. They have great cheap stuff to keep me going.

Congrat's to everyone who was banned in November...

I love my band!