Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

AHHHH Thank You! Yes that is a very positive way to look at our losses!

So girls what is on the menus today?? I have had:

For Breakfast:

1 blue bunny yogurt

1 chocolate Protein shake

For lunch:

1/2 c ff cottage cheese, and 1 c of ff cream of chicken soup

Ugh, do I really have to say? :cursing:

B - Venti Chai from Starbucks (but it had 2% milk in it.....)

L - Crab Cake sandwich (only ate the crab cake) and bowl of Vegetable Beef Soup from Bear Rock Cafe

S - Lower Sugar Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal, which I ate 2hrs after lunch cuz I was so hungry :scared2:

I've been drinking Crystal Light all day. Not hungry right now, but I will probably be chewing off my arm before 5p when it's time to go home, so I'll more than likely have my Chobani greek yogurt that's in the fridge, to tide me over until I can get home and have dinner around 6:30p once hubby gets home.

Dinner will probably be leftover Shephard's Pie, which is a layered casserole consisting of ground beef, green peas, cream corn, and mashed potatoes. I also put a nice big layer of cheddar cheese on top of the taters. It's so bad for me, but sooooo good, especially on a cold night - nice and hearty.

Ugh, do I really have to say? :cursing:

B - Venti Chai from Starbucks (but it had 2% milk in it.....)

L - Crab Cake sandwich (only ate the crab cake) and bowl of Vegetable Beef Soup from Bear Rock Cafe

S - Lower Sugar Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal, which I ate 2hrs after lunch cuz I was so hungry :tt2:

I've been drinking Crystal Light all day. Not hungry right now, but I will probably be chewing off my arm before 5p when it's time to go home, so I'll more than likely have my Chobani greek yogurt that's in the fridge, to tide me over until I can get home and have dinner around 6:30p once hubby gets home.

Dinner will probably be leftover Shephard's Pie, which is a layered casserole consisting of ground beef, green peas, cream corn, and mashed potatoes. I also put a nice big layer of cheddar cheese on top of the taters. It's so bad for me, but sooooo good, especially on a cold night - nice and hearty.

:scared2:Yes I know how you feel:tt1: It all sounds healthy I must say. I love Shepard's Pie! You could make that really healthy too with ground turkey mixed with 98% fat free cream soup. The vegis are fine but then use lower fat free shredded cheese. I bet it would taste really good like that too!!! I just had a sf vanilla pudding, for some reason I am not feeling any restriction today....:thumbup::ohmy::smile2:

Hey ladies ..Checking in!!! I had 3oz of Egg Beaters and missed lunch due to the fact I had to have a gastroview Catscan.:thumbup: It was awful 64 oz of Water with Die mixture. Then I had to get injected wit Nuclear die!!! OMG I have never been sick on that stuff before but the second she injected me I got the warm feeling and then BOOM I thought I was going to puke!!:smile2: I started screaming I'm going to throw up ! OMG I can't through I just got my band OMG someone helpme!!!:scared2: Finally she talked me through it and then I was fine. I was so worried about getting sick and my band slipping.

dinner was 1 1/2 oz of chicken with a 1 tsp. Spag sauce :cursing:

hey everyone...I got real food today

B= had my 2oz of oatmeal

L= had 1 oz of canned ham and 2 oz of baby food peaches

D= had 2 oz of lowfat green chile lime flavored refried Beans with fat free cheese melted on top (thanks for the idea)and 1 oz of chicken

I am soooo full, 1st time in days

going back to doc tomorrow for follow up looking forward to what he has to say, Im ready to exercise...didn't think I would ever say that LOL

B: 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese with 1/2 container FF peach Yoplait yogurt

Morning snack: same as above. Only staying full about two hours now instead of four.

Lunch: 1 1/2 cups V8 Tomato herb Soup and one slice FF swiss cheese

Afternoon snack: 5.5 oz can of V8 juice

Dinner: Cup of turkey stock with about four chunks of stuffing mixed in until saturated and completely soft

Restriction is definitely going away and I am anxious to start blended meats and things on Friday. I try to stay under 1000 calories. Using MyDailyPlate.com to track my intake and it really helps.

I'm still on liquids. I called my nutritionist this morning and whined at her. It's a good thing she has a charming southern accent and I love her. I was like, "mashed potatoes?....smooshed peas?.....cottage cheese? ....." Nope. Nope. Nope. Thank God, she called my nurse and they agreed to let me have some pureed stuff, Soups, etc. I had cream of wheat for dinner and it was SO GOOD. I've never had it before, but I savored every little bit. I can have grits. Not oatmeal, too many pieces. I can have yogurt, if I let it melt in my mouth before swallowing it. I think my surgeon is kind of strict. Pretty much anything pureed, but she doesn't want me to go down the smoothie road. She says it's too hard to stop.

Right now I would love to go make some more cream of wheat, but........I'm not hungry. I just want to eat. I just want to savor the flavor of something on my tongue. I'm ready to cook up this Lean Cuisine Ravioli, chew it, and then spit it out, just so that I can taste it!!! I need serious help.

Time to turn my thoughts to something besides for food. I think I'll start reading this Overeaters Anonymous book I just got in the mail.:cursing:

I'm still on liquids. I called my nutritionist this morning and whined at her. It's a good thing she has a charming southern accent and I love her. I was like, "mashed potatoes?....smooshed peas?.....cottage cheese? ....." Nope. Nope. Nope. Thank God, she called my nurse and they agreed to let me have some pureed stuff, Soups, etc. I had cream of wheat for dinner and it was SO GOOD. I've never had it before, but I savored every little bit. I can have grits. Not oatmeal, too many pieces. I can have yogurt, if I let it melt in my mouth before swallowing it. I think my surgeon is kind of strict. Pretty much anything pureed, but she doesn't want me to go down the smoothie road. She says it's too hard to stop.

Right now I would love to go make some more cream of wheat, but........I'm not hungry. I just want to eat. I just want to savor the flavor of something on my tongue. I'm ready to cook up this Lean Cuisine Ravioli, chew it, and then spit it out, just so that I can taste it!!! I need serious help.

Time to turn my thoughts to something besides for food. I think I'll start reading this Overeaters Anonymous book I just got in the mail.:thumbup:

Wow I thought my surgeon was strict:eek: We are on the same page with our surgery date, but I think I am a week ahead of you with the diet. I am on blended and strained soups, blended ff cottage cheese, low sugar yogurt, sf pudding...not really much else, with a Protein Shake in between these Liquid Protein meals along with Water and sf non carbonated drinks. I quess everyone is on different meal plans but in the end after the 7 week healing we all end up in the same boat:thumbup: You are doing great....look at that 28 lbs!:cursing:

ginnytwo - I tried some chinese food this past weekend and spit it out (only two bites, but I knew I couldn't cheat). Then I was disgusted with myself afterward. But, I know exactly what you mean when you say you just want to chew and savor something.

My surgery date was 11/17. I was on a modified full liquid diet for 3 weeks (included yogurt, whipped cottage cheese, applesauce and pudding). I called my doctor yesterday and said I was starving (which I'm not but I needed some new food, some flavor or something). So they said I could add mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, very wet/moist salmon and haddock, tuna fish salad and saltines!!!!!!!!! I was so excited, the second I got off the phone I made the tuna and it was the best tuna I ever had, then 4 hours later I had the best scrambled egg ever!!! for dinner. Today:

B - Protein Shake

S - low sodium V-8

L - 1/4 C tuna and 5 saltines

S - Protein shake

D - 4 oz salmon & 2 oz triple squash Soup.< /p>

Plus, I've sipped 40 oz of Water.< /p>

I lost 14 lbs. pre-surgery and 14 lbs since. I am so frustrated though because you can't see it at all and my clothes are hardly even loose (a tiny bit only). I am 5'7" and my starting weight was 267, I'm now 239. How can someone lose 28 lbs and it not be visible or have a change in body???? Oh well, I guess when I'm down 100 lbs it will be apparent and I suppose the end result is all that matters.

ginnytwo - I tried some chinese food this past weekend and spit it out (only two bites, but I knew I couldn't cheat). Then I was disgusted with myself afterward. But, I know exactly what you mean when you say you just want to chew and savor something.

My surgery date was 11/17. I was on a modified full liquid diet for 3 weeks (included yogurt, whipped cottage cheese, applesauce and pudding). I called my doctor yesterday and said I was starving (which I'm not but I needed some new food, some flavor or something). So they said I could add mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, very wet/moist salmon and haddock, tuna fish salad and saltines!!!!!!!!! I was so excited, the second I got off the phone I made the tuna and it was the best tuna I ever had, then 4 hours later I had the best scrambled egg ever!!! for dinner. Today:

B - Protein Shake

S - low sodium V-8

L - 1/4 C tuna and 5 saltines

S - Protein shake

D - 4 oz salmon & 2 oz triple squash Soup.< /p>

Plus, I've sipped 40 oz of Water.< /p>

I lost 14 lbs. pre-surgery and 14 lbs since. I am so frustrated though because you can't see it at all and my clothes are hardly even loose (a tiny bit only). I am 5'7" and my starting weight was 267, I'm now 239. How can someone lose 28 lbs and it not be visible or have a change in body???? Oh well, I guess when I'm down 100 lbs it will be apparent and I suppose the end result is all that matters.

:cursing:Tuna and crackers!!! YEE HAA that sounds like a buffet to me:tt2: I know how you feel, as I have lost 23 lbs and my husband can see it big time, and my parents also said "wow" you can really notice it especially in my face. NOW....last night I went to a class at our Fire Department as I am on our Ambulance, and NO ONE said anything to me:cursing:I was like come on not one out of 30 people could notice a loss:cry_smile: That was depressing:angry:

:cursing:Tuna and crackers!!! YEE HAA that sounds like a buffet to me:tt2: I know how you feel, as I have lost 23 lbs and my husband can see it big time, and my parents also said "wow" you can really notice it especially in my face. NOW....last night I went to a class at our Fire Department as I am on our Ambulance, and NO ONE said anything to me:cursing:I was like come on not one out of 30 people could notice a loss:cry_smile: That was depressing:angry:

Morning Everyone... Firedoll I have the exact opposite !!! My husband a family members haven't said much of anything but some close friends say I look great.. My husband is horrible at compliments so I'm getting used to it. My mother ( Joan Crawford- Mommie Dearest) hasn't said anything really but she said lets go shopping and get some better clothes I'm tired of looking at you with those baggy clothes!! :thumbup: I guess that was her way of saying " Good Job".

snack DISCOVERY: Went to Grocery store looking fro soemthing sweet to calm my cravings. I found Carmel Vanilla pudding by Jello... 60 Cal.. 1gm Fat... SF. OMG:drool: AWESOME if you love carmel !!!

Diffrence in Dr's is amazing!! sfwaitinginma you had 4 oz of Salmon!!! I sooooo jealous:eek: my dr. said no more than 2 oz total .. Protein and veggie combined. There are days when I'm ok with that and then there are days when 4 oz would be really comforting.

In the past, my daughter would often swear to me that I looked like I was losing weight. This is when not a single ounce had dropped off my body and I wasn't trying, either. Now that I've lost 28 pounds she doesn't say a word. WTF??? At least my fiance can't say enough.:wub: He's the only one. LOL! I went to pick Katie up the other night at a friend's house and was just WAITING for everyone (4 people) to say something. I mean my clothes are just hanging off me, right? We're all going through it! Finally I stood up, pulled my clothes up close to my body and turned around in circles saying, "Eh? Eh? Eh?" THEN everyone went nuts. Phew. That's what it takes. Then my friend is going on and on about how much it shows in my face! :whatchutalkingabout My double chin has almost disappeared. These are people that KNOW the hell I've gone through, having surgery and starving and stuff. Wouldn't they look before you have to beg for it? Sheesh!

Hey Ladies...y'all are too funny!:wub:

People at work have started to notice that I'm losing - one of my coworkers has the bypass and she's been the most supportive and complimentary - gotta love her!:mellow:

My hubby notices little changes as well, and my DD. No one else knows I had the surgery in my family, plus we live a few states away, so by the time I see them again (maybe in the spring of 09) I will be much farther along.

Had an NSV today - my size 18 pants are fitting beautifully - no pulling, gapping or binding. Can't wait to get to size 16's, which I haven't seen since high school!

Congrats to all those moving through the phases - I am just starting mushies this week after 2 weeks on liquids. I did start cream of wheat last week (thinner than normal) and have the clearance from my surgeon to go back to my regular workouts, which I'm really happy about.

Can't wait to buy smaller clothes (just a few things at a time while I'm losing) - I'm virtual shopping the sales and by the time the post-Christmas sales come along, I'll have a GOOD reason to shop!:whatchutalkingabout

I was banded on 11/18 and that first week I lost 10 lbs immediately but this week I'm not really loosing. Has that happened for others? Is my body already use to less calories and storing things? I'm hoping that next week when I begin exercising again it will kind of kick start it - thoughts anyone?

I was banded on 11/18 and that first week I lost 10 lbs immediately but this week I'm not really loosing. Has that happened for others? Is my body already use to less calories and storing things? I'm hoping that next week when I begin exercising again it will kind of kick start it - thoughts anyone?

I was banded on 11/5 and lost 8lbs in the first week. Since then, I've bounced back and forth between the same 2lbs. Total weight loss for me is no more than 11lbs during this first month. But I have to say that is probably the norm. I'm just glad I didn't start to gain weight back once I went from Liquids to Mushies to Solids! :whatchutalkingabout

I see my surgeon tomorrow for my first fill, and I'm hoping that will jump start the weight loss. I've been close to eating my arm off this last week because I have NO restriction, so I am eager to get this fill!!

Things are going well here. I could eat 12 oz of liquids yesterday, but today can only eat 6. I like only being able to eat 6 oz better! My scale has slowed down but now my body is changing and I am drowning in all my pants. People are starting to notice my weight loss and comment on it. I wasn't prepared for that this soon and wish they wouldn't do that. Frankly, it embarasses me to get all that attention, and women always want to know what you are doing and how much you have lost. I am not a shy person but I get shy about this, maybe because I have yo-yo'd for so long.

In all, I am really happy with my progress. I can start blended foods tomorrow and am looking forward to getting more Protein.< /p>