Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

Hey ladies Awesome job at the store Firedoll !!! I will have to check out the fruit bars!!! I was allowed mushies after a week blended meat and 1oz of a veggie. so I've been eating mostly egg beaters in morning 2oz, turkey lunch meat 2oz with 1/2 oz of lowfat cheese and then meat again at dinner. In addition I have to have 2oz Protein Shake between meals so there really isn't much snacking between meals.

I do have to say the hardest right now is (a) Remembering to drink. :tt2: taking my Vitamins and c) fight the craving for red meat :cursing: I want a little rare bruger as if ther is no tomorrow!!!

Hi Heather,

Nice to meet you too:smile2:Now are you saying that 1 week after surgery you were able to start on the egg beaters and lunch meat? Do you drink Water with your Protein Shakes in between meals? See some of this is confusing me:huh2:I am so glad that I have met you girls!!B)

Hi Heather,

Nice to meet you too:smile2:Now are you saying that 1 week after surgery you were able to start on the egg beaters and lunch meat? Do you drink Water with your Protein Shakes in between meals? See some of this is confusing me:huh2:I am so glad that I have met you girls!!:cursing:

As far as I know, you're only supposed to stay away from drinking when you're actually eating a real meal. The first two weeks of liquids don't count. So you can drink your water or your crystal light while you try to drink a Protein Shake, that shouldn't be a problem. Once you're all healed and on normal food, you want to avoid drinking during a meal so that the food stays in your pouch for as long as possible and doesn't get "washed through the band" by the excess liquid. If that happens, you won't stay full as long as you should, and you'll get hungry sooner.

Hi Heather,

Nice to meet you too:smile2:Now are you saying that 1 week after surgery you were able to start on the egg beaters and lunch meat? Do you drink Water with your Protein Shakes in between meals? See some of this is confusing me:huh2:I am so glad that I have met you girls!!B)

Yes, I was able to eat bleanded food ..yeah me... Yes egg beaters was a plus for breakast. They say it's a great selection because it's low in calories but good for Protein. I also eat hummas wich is high in protein. I love my protein shakes that I drink they are the EAS Advantage Carb Control. I have tried the chocolate Fudge & French vanilla they are already made and they are delicious!!:cursing:

Ginny,

When do you begin the mushie stage? I see Dr Singh this Tuesday and hope to move to the next level. I'm not hungry, just tired of liquids and the smell of Protein Shakes still turns my stomach upside down....

Ugh, I know what you mean about the shakes. I've been sticking to just a few flavors that I like and now I'm losing it.

Every doctor is so different with these diets! I am on full liquids for the first two weeks. Starting on the 10th, I'll be able to go to soft foods! :cool2: I'm so freaking excited! I didn't even realize it until yesterday. I hadn't bothered to look at the menu, because I assumed it would be baby food type stuff. Chicken! :cursing: I'll be able to have chicken!!!

:sad::rose::tt2::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

B) LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL! :tt2:

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

Ugh, I know what you mean about the shakes. I've been sticking to just a few flavors that I like and now I'm losing it.

Every doctor is so different with these diets! I am on full liquids for the first two weeks. Starting on the 10th, I'll be able to go to soft foods! :sad: I'm so freaking excited! I didn't even realize it until yesterday. I hadn't bothered to look at the menu, because I assumed it would be baby food type stuff. Chicken! :cursing: I'll be able to have chicken!!!

:tt2::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

:tt2: LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL! :cool2:

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

:lol:Yes see that is what I am saying....every surgeon has a different agenda for food menus for each week past surgery. Now why would I want to follow mine when Heather is allowed chicken sooner...:lol::lol::lol:B):laugh::laugh:and doing well too!!!

Today I went for my follow-up visit, which was great! I got my staples out which makes my tummy feel so much better. My doctor told me I was doing super, I've had a 16 lb weight loss in the past 3 weeks (2 weeks pre-diet and one week post surgery.) I asked him some questions about diet and he recommended to stay away from the fruit juices and fruit as it converts to carbs. I'm to have 60 grams of Protein each day. He basically said to use good judgement about exercise. It's so nice to be a week out now. :smile2:

Today I went for my follow-up visit, which was great! I got my staples out which makes my tummy feel so much better. My doctor told me I was doing super, I've had a 16 lb weight loss in the past 3 weeks (2 weeks pre-diet and one week post surgery.) I asked him some questions about diet and he recommended to stay away from the fruit juices and fruit as it converts to carbs. I'm to have 60 grams of Protein each day. He basically said to use good judgement about exercise. It's so nice to be a week out now. :smile2:

So, Pat, does that mean you get to move on with your diet now???:wink2: Cause I'm gonna do whatever you do, girl! Unless, it's liquids for another week.:mellow:

So, Pat, does that mean you get to move on with your diet now???:wink2: Cause I'm gonna do whatever you do, girl! Unless, it's liquids for another week.:mellow:

:smile2:LOL....LOL....me too I am moving up with you girls! Congratulations Pat!!

Well it's not that exciting, I'm still on mushies for 6 more days (which is 2 weeks post-op) than start to introduce some very simple meats - like ground beef, 1/2 cup of food (1oz) at a time, then at week 5 I'll go to 1.5 oz. Chew, chew, chew. If I get nausea I go back to liquid. I really think that each person has their own particular health issues prior to surgery so just ask lots of questions when you go for your post-op. At my appt. there were two women in the waiting room, I spoke to them. One woman had been banded last March and had lost 100 lbs., the other one had had her band for 2 years and had lost nothing to speak of. The second woman just kept saying whatever you do don't cheat, I assume she did quite a bit. I think if solids are introduced too soon you can compromise the band, and my guess is it won't ever be the same again.

Ladies let's be like the first lady, be smart and "stay the course". A year from now we can be 80-100 lbs thinner and of course much healthier!:smile2:

Well it's not that exciting, I'm still on mushies for 6 more days (which is 2 weeks post-op) than start to introduce some very simple meats - like ground beef, 1/2 cup of food (1oz) at a time, then at week 5 I'll go to 1.5 oz. Chew, chew, chew. If I get nausea I go back to liquid. I really think that each person has their own particular health issues prior to surgery so just ask lots of questions when you go for your post-op. At my appt. there were two women in the waiting room, I spoke to them. One woman had been banded last March and had lost 100 lbs., the other one had had her band for 2 years and had lost nothing to speak of. The second woman just kept saying whatever you do don't cheat, I assume she did quite a bit. I think if solids are introduced too soon you can compromise the band, and my guess is it won't ever be the same again.

Ladies let's be like the first lady, be smart and "stay the course". A year from now we can be 80-100 lbs thinner and of course much healthier!:mellow:

DAGNABBIT, PAT!!! Why do you have to be so dang smart about this whole thing????

Thanks for being the voice of reason. Phew. I was just freakin' out last night, wanting something solid sooooo badly. :smile2: I feel better this morning. After investing so much time and emotion, not to mention my bodies structure, I think I can wait another seven days. I just need to get more creative and pray, pray, pray!

I might also call my nutritionist today and see if she has any suggestions. :wink2:

Thanks again!

Hey, you guys! You know what's fun and I think is much more satisfying than counting pounds lost??? Figuring out the percentage of weight you have lost toward your goal.

Example: My goal is to lose 116 pounds from my starting weight of 266. I have lost 28 pounds. By my rough estimate that's 24%! (Please don't correct me if I'm wrong. It makes me happy.) I love to think I've lost 24% of the weight that I want to lose!!! It sounds much better to me than 28 pounds out of 116. What do you think?

Hey, you guys! You know what's fun and I think is much more satisfying than counting pounds lost??? Figuring out the percentage of weight you have lost toward your goal.

Example: My goal is to lose 116 pounds from my starting weight of 266. I have lost 28 pounds. By my rough estimate that's 24%! (Please don't correct me if I'm wrong. It makes me happy.) I love to think I've lost 24% of the weight that I want to lose!!! It sounds much better to me than 28 pounds out of 116. What do you think?

Percentages! I can dig it. After all, I am a Biggest Loser freak! :smile2:

I can't believe they're almost to the finale!

Percentages! I can dig it. After all, I am a Biggest Loser freak! :wink2:

I can't believe they're almost to the finale!

Pat has lots of good points! We have invested too much into this to mess it up!! Let's all stick together and I think we can do this. I had healthy choice bean and ham Soup last night with a sprinkle of ff shredded chedder on it, it was DELICIOUS of course only a 1/2 c and it was plenty. My surgeons office gave me a packet of what foods I can have with whatever week I am post op. This was one of the ideas on week two. Next week I can look forward to the ff refried Beans and blended tuna and canned chicken blended mixed with a little ff gravy. We all have to give eachothor ideas on soft foods until we can be safe with the solids!!!

I love the idea of the percentage. I am right behind you as I started at 263 lbs and am at 240. So 23 lost so far wanting to get down to 180 so 60 more lbs to go....what would that percentage be???:smile2:

Pat has lots of good points! We have invested too much into this to mess it up!! Let's all stick together and I think we can do this. I had healthy choice bean and ham Soup last night with a sprinkle of ff shredded chedder on it, it was DELICIOUS of course only a 1/2 c and it was plenty. My surgeons office gave me a packet of what foods I can have with whatever week I am post op. This was one of the ideas on week two. Next week I can look forward to the ff refried Beans and blended tuna and canned chicken blended mixed with a little ff gravy. We all have to give eachothor ideas on soft foods until we can be safe with the solids!!!

I love the idea of the percentage. I am right behind you as I started at 263 lbs and am at 240. So 23 lost so far wanting to get down to 180 so 60 more lbs to go....what would that percentage be???:wink2:

Well if your goal is 83lbs lost, and you've lost 23lbs, that percentage is 27.7%!!!! Way to go!!!

Basically, take what you've lost (23) and divide that by the total you hope to lose (83) and then multiply by 100. That gives you your percentage!

(Sorry, I was a math major in college....:smile2: )

Well if your goal is 83lbs lost, and you've lost 23lbs, that percentage is 27.7%!!!! Way to go!!!

Basically, take what you've lost (23) and divide that by the total you hope to lose (83) and then multiply by 100. That gives you your percentage!

(Sorry, I was a math major in college....:cursing: )

AHHHH Thank You! Yes that is a very positive way to look at our losses!

So girls what is on the menus today?? I have had:

For Breakfast:

1 blue bunny yogurt

1 chocolate Protein shake

For lunch:

1/2 c ff cottage cheese, and 1 c of ff cream of chicken soup