Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

Yes I love it too! I have to smash it up as I am in week 2 of the post op diet phase. I love it with sf applesauce:tt1: I am looking forward to week 3 with ff refried Beans with ff shredded cheese on top:tongue2: Now after the 6 week healing can I have salads with my Protein?

My diarrhea did die yesterday but it came back this evening...but I guess as they say liquid in liquid out? Anyone got any ideas to help make it not so bad? :)

I was banded on 11-11, and have been taking immodium every other day. It is driving me nuts. Tomorrow, I get to have soft foods, hopefully it will stop.:thumbup:

Yes I love it too! I have to smash it up as I am in week 2 of the post op diet phase. I love it with sf applesauce:tt1: I am looking forward to week 3 with ff refried Beans with ff shredded cheese on top:tongue2: Now after the 6 week healing can I have salads with my Protein?

Try this...I layer refried beans on the bottom of the dish, put a little chunky salsa on top of that, then a little shredded cheese. I microwave it for a few minutes on a lower heat setting til the cheese is all melted and bubbly on the edges. Then I top it with a little sour cream. :thumbup: Heaven!

As far as salads go, I don't see why you couldn't have salad after 6 weeks, but I would ask your doctor to make sure.

I was banded on 11-11, and have been taking immodium every other day. It is driving me nuts. Tomorrow, I get to have soft foods, hopefully it will stop.:thumbup:

Mine was bad from Day 2 to Day 5.

Jaime that sounds good!!!! Of course ff sour cream? That sounds so good right now! Can we have spicy things? I love Franks Red Hot Sauce. I should write down some of these questions for my first post op appointment Thursday:lol:

Jaime that sounds good!!!! Of course ff sour cream? That sounds so good right now! Can we have spicy things? I love Franks Red Hot Sauce. I should write down some of these questions for my first post op appointment Thursday:lol:

But of course! FF refried Beans (which aren't nearly as bad as my husband said they'd be) and FF sour cream. I don't get low fat cheddar shreds though. I'm not so sure they'd melt that well. And salsa is naturally fat free and actually pretty good for you, except for the sodium content.

Yes, you can have spicy things. Just remember that you aren't supposed to drink anything with your meals, and you're supposed to wait at least 30mins after your meal before drinking. So if things get super spicy and you need more than the tiniest sip, I'd say don't do it! LOL I can't stand spicy stuff, so I haven't run into this problem.

Hey Girls,

I just got back from shopping. I did get a couple of cans of ff refried Beans, ff sour cream, sf pudding, pea Soup, creamed Soups 98percent fat free, more ff cottage cheese, light fruit cups, and let me tell you ...... get the "no sugar added Edy's frozen fruit bars"!!!!!! They are to die for! Now when did you girls get to start on the ff refried beans? Mine isn't until the 3rd week post op which is one week from tonight? I would like to get some ideas as to when you all started/what foods.:biggrin:

Had my postop today. He said I am way above average in recovery time and amount of weight lost, so that is fantastic. He told me I can start cottage cheese, non-liquid yogurt, very moist tuna salad, things of similar consistency. He wants me to wait another week before blending any meats or casserole type things. Made my first fill appointment for three weeks! Dec 22nd, and I am glad...I get a little bit looser every day.

Hey Ladies,

Can't remember if I posted this already (pre-menopausal brain fart) so here goes (again)...:)

Surgery was Nov 17th - great experience! :) Was the 2nd surgery of the day - went into the OR at 10 am, woke up at 12 noon after surgery and was feeling pretty good. Had a coughing fit shortly thereafter, and I was glad that the anesthesia hadn't worn off yet! Didn't feel a lot after that - slept a lot in recovery, and it took them some time to find me a bed. Once in my room, I slept off and on (lots of tests, blood draws, etc) and got up at 4 am to walk.

The next morning, was subjected to the "parade of professionals" :tt1:...all my doctors came to check on me, plus a few residents and some med students. I don't mind too much...they've gotta learn somehow!

Out of the hospital by 1 pm that next day - the "swallow test" that morning was totally gross,:biggrin: but it showed that my band was placed correctly and all was well. Minimal pain in my incisions, mostly the port site. I took the liquid painkiller a few nights to help me sleep (I tend to sleep on my side, which was a little uncomfortable) and was following the 'eating rules' regarding liquids. The first week was a lot of sleeping and relaxing. I noticed the 'head hunger' almost immediately - I wanted to eat EVERYTHING!:eek: I think it was a sense of 'loss', knowing that I wouldn't be able to eat like I used to. That love affair with food is a dangerous and persistent thing!

Now I'm two weeks out, and feeling fine. Back to work and was very tired at the end of the day yesterday, but still good. For those full-busted among us, my surgeon placed my scars in such a way that the first couple of days they were a bit sore, but I'm back in my regular bras now (even underwires) and not feeling too uncomfortable. A little sensitivity, but that's all.

The port feels a bit weird - not used to having something there - but not painful. I'm now down approximately 14 pounds since surgery, 24 total. My clothes are fitting looser already, and I've 'donated' all my "fat" clothes to the local Goodwill.

I'm thrilled to be on this journey - still working through the 'head hunger' but the restriction helps keep me focused. I can't eat nearly what I could before surgery (and that's a very good thing) and I'm satisfied with different things now. I am making good, healthy choices with my food (except for certain 'trigger' foods like Goldfish crackers) and haven't pb'ed or anything. PB - Projectile Burp - a bad side effect of eating the wrong foods :eek:

Have my first post-op appointment today - glad to be eating mushies. Cream of Wheat Cereal (lovely in the morning), yogurt, and lots of Soup. I love soup, so that's not a hardship...

Will keep checking in - congrats to all the Notorious Novembers and those waiting to be banded and become Darling Decembers!:tt1:

Hey Girls,

I just got back from shopping. I did get a couple of cans of ff refried Beans, ff sour cream, sf pudding, pea Soup, creamed Soups 98percent fat free, more ff cottage cheese, light fruit cups, and let me tell you ...... get the "no sugar added Edy's frozen fruit bars"!!!!!! They are to die for! Now when did you girls get to start on the ff refried beans? Mine isn't until the 3rd week post op which is one week from tonight? I would like to get some ideas as to when you all started/what foods.:)

That sounds like a wonderful selection of mushies! :biggrin: I was on Clear Liquids for Day 1-2, Full Liquids for Day 3-14, and Mushies for Day 15-21. Day 22 (which happened to be Thanksgiving!) was my first day of solid foods, though my doctor said to eat as many soft foods as possible the first week. As a result, I had one small bite of dry turkey smothered in gravy, and everything else was a casserole of some sort. :)

I'm gonna get those Edy's frozen fruit bars. I love that kind of stuff, but always just assumed they had too much sugar!

That sounds like a wonderful selection of mushies! :biggrin: I was on Clear Liquids for Day 1-2, Full Liquids for Day 3-14, and Mushies for Day 15-21. Day 22 (which happened to be Thanksgiving!) was my first day of solid foods, though my doctor said to eat as many soft foods as possible the first week. As a result, I had one small bite of dry turkey smothered in gravy, and everything else was a casserole of some sort. :)

I'm gonna get those Edy's frozen fruit bars. I love that kind of stuff, but always just assumed they had too much sugar!

No only 1 gram of sugar:tt1: They are addicting too:lol:Did you go through a period within the first 2 weeks of surgery where it was hard to eat even Protein Shakes, and soft things? I have had a problem the past 2 days with feeling sick after eating or drinking?

No only 1 gram of sugar:tt1: They are addicting too:lol:Did you go through a period within the first 2 weeks of surgery where it was hard to eat even Protein Shakes, and soft things? I have had a problem the past 2 days with feeling sick after eating or drinking?

Let me tell you, the first week after surgery I was so scared to have anything other than crystal light and apple juice, haha. I was so paranoid that I would hurt something, stretch something, rip something - and it was totally uncalled for, by the way. I didn't have any kind of Full Liquids until Day 5, even though I could have started them Day 3. And even then, it was just SF pudding cups or SF popsicles for 2 days.

I tried to drink an Atkins shake on Day 5 and I got about 4 sips down (maybe 3oz total) and was dreadfully full...so full that I felt nauseous. So this might be the nausea you're referring to. I do know that in those first 2 or 3 weeks I didn't want anything sweet. The Protein shakes I was mixing at home were almost too sweet to tolerate, and I definitely didn't want ice cream or sherbert. It was a blessing really, because Full Liquids definitely includes ice cream, haha. :biggrin:

Hey ladies Awesome job at the store Firedoll !!! I will have to check out the fruit bars!!! I was allowed mushies after a week blended meat and 1oz of a veggie. so I've been eating mostly egg beaters in morning 2oz, turkey lunch meat 2oz with 1/2 oz of lowfat cheese and then meat again at dinner. In addition I have to have 2oz Protein Shake between meals so there really isn't much snacking between meals.

I do have to say the hardest right now is (a) Remembering to drink. B) taking my Vitamins and c) fight the craving for red meat :cursing: I want a little rare bruger as if ther is no tomorrow!!!

Let me tell you, the first week after surgery I was so scared to have anything other than crystal light and apple juice, haha. I was so paranoid that I would hurt something, stretch something, rip something - and it was totally uncalled for, by the way. I didn't have any kind of Full Liquids until Day 5, even though I could have started them Day 3. And even then, it was just SF pudding cups or SF popsicles for 2 days.

I tried to drink an Atkins shake on Day 5 and I got about 4 sips down (maybe 3oz total) and was dreadfully full...so full that I felt nauseous. So this might be the nausea you're referring to. I do know that in those first 2 or 3 weeks I didn't want anything sweet. The Protein Shakes I was mixing at home were almost too sweet to tolerate, and I definitely didn't want ice cream or sherbert. It was a blessing really, because Full Liquids definitely includes ice cream, haha. B)

Yes maybe that is the problem, I am scared and just do not realize it. Afraid that I will never be the same, and not be able to eat normal foods like before? See my reasoning for surgery was to cut back my portion sizes, and still be able to eat small portions of anything. Does this make sense to you? I know I have the same feeling about the sweetness of the Protein shakes, and also can we drink Water and fluids with the protein shakes? :cursing: