Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

Things are going well here. I could eat 12 oz of liquids yesterday, but today can only eat 6. I like only being able to eat 6 oz better! My scale has slowed down but now my body is changing and I am drowning in all my pants. People are starting to notice my weight loss and comment on it. I wasn't prepared for that this soon and wish they wouldn't do that. Frankly, it embarasses me to get all that attention, and women always want to know what you are doing and how much you have lost. I am not a shy person but I get shy about this, maybe because I have yo-yo'd for so long.

In all, I am really happy with my progress. I can start blended foods tomorrow and am looking forward to getting more Protein.< /p>

Hi Gentylwind! I can really relate to what you wrote! I started my pre-op diet on Nov. 8th and up until yesterday I've lost 21.5lbs...some people have noticed that I've lost weight and have commented. I don't like having attention drawn to me either, makes me a little uncomfortable! I've had friends ask me what I'm doing, which is a hard topic to discuss since I chose not to tell anyone about my surgery. So I explain that I'm on a liquid diet and then plan on following the South Beach diet!

I'm sure we have a lot more attention coming our way....I guess we better get use to it:ohmy: Glad your doing well!

I was banded Nov. 24th - today is my 10th day post-op. So far I've lost 12 lbs. Weight dropped real quickly the first week but seem to have slowed down little over the past few days. But Aunt Flow is visiting and I'm sure I'm retaining some Water. Once she's outta town I know I'll be down a lb. or two.

While 12 lbs doesn't sound like much I actually have something very real to compare it to! My 4 1/2 month daughter is almost 13 lbs and she can get real heavy, real fast, when I've gotta carry her around or hold her for a long time. Today, while she was in my arms, I thought to myself "Wow, 12 lbs is heavy! And that's how much I've lost!" It's encouraging! :whatchutalkingabout

I was banded Nov. 24th - today is my 10th day post-op. So far I've lost 12 lbs. Weight dropped real quickly the first week but seem to have slowed down little over the past few days. But Aunt Flow is visiting and I'm sure I'm retaining some Water. Once she's outta town I know I'll be down a lb. or two.

While 12 lbs doesn't sound like much I actually have something very real to compare it to! My 4 1/2 month daughter is almost 13 lbs and she can get real heavy, real fast, when I've gotta carry her around or hold her for a long time. Today, while she was in my arms, I thought to myself "Wow, 12 lbs is heavy! And that's how much I've lost!" It's encouraging! :whatchutalkingabout

12 lbs is great my Dr. siad do not expect that kind of weight loss he states 1 -2 lbs a week is perfect and that is what to expect. I guess he's right it just seems like it packed on overnight ..lol... My Girlfriend and I went into the grocery store and she need potatoes I picked a 5lb bag and I was like wow.... I've lost 5 of those bags so far.

I was banded on 11/5 and lost 8lbs in the first week. Since then, I've bounced back and forth between the same 2lbs. Total weight loss for me is no more than 11lbs during this first month. But I have to say that is probably the norm. I'm just glad I didn't start to gain weight back once I went from Liquids to Mushies to Solids! :whatchutalkingabout

I see my surgeon tomorrow for my first fill, and I'm hoping that will jump start the weight loss. I've been close to eating my arm off this last week because I have NO restriction, so I am eager to get this fill!!

I am so excited to hear about your fill!!! I want to hear what it feels like and how it helps your appetite. I just got back from my 1st post op appointment. 24 lbs lost, and lots of new foods added for me!!! :wub::laugh::laugh:I just had some egg beaters with melted ff chedder on them and a little ff cottage cheese with a dab of salsa on the eggs too...mmmmmmm I am so fulfilled tonight. Good luck tomorrow:thumbup:

Well I don't have much to say, but wanted to check in with ya'll. I'm down 20 lbs and boy it's so nice to be going in this direction rather than gaining. I'm on mushies for a few more days. I plan to make some eggs with grilled onions, green chiles and ff cheese this a.m.. As long as I keep some things at the office to eat, I'm good, ie PShake, sf Jello, sf popsicles, Peanut Butter. Our office always has food around, so it seems. I'm going out tonight with some friends to listen to some blues/jazz. This will be my first night out with friends that don't know I've had the surgery. I've already scoped out the menu and there is a Soup on the menu. Now as for a drink, has anyone any ideas of something to order? I'm thinking cranberry juice or stick with Water and lime or lemon. I heard that now when you drink it really gets you. Has anyone tried to have a drink?

Thanks Gentylwind, I think I'll do the same, it would be nice to have an adult beverage, even though a small quantity.

Edited by showmepat
typo

I am so excited to hear about your fill!!! I want to hear what it feels like and how it helps your appetite. I just got back from my 1st post op appointment. 24 lbs lost, and lots of new foods added for me!!! :thumbup::laugh::laugh:I just had some egg beaters with melted ff chedder on them and a little ff cottage cheese with a dab of salsa on the eggs too...mmmmmmm I am so fulfilled tonight. Good luck tomorrow:thumbup:

My fill felt....weird. I don't really know if there's another way to describe it! I mean, I won't lie, it hurt like the dickens when he put the needle in (mainly because I'm a wuss) and when he injected the saline I could feel the band tighten around my stomach - which was the oddest sensation! I've now got 3.4cc in my 10cc band.

I've had smoothies, yogurt, sf pudding, and black bean bisque since my fill, and so far I've not really felt any restriction. But then again, I'm not really feeling hungry either, so it's obvious to me already that my fill is working. I'll start some more solid foods tomorrow, and here's hoping the fill stays put! I made another fill appointment for Jan 9th.

Now as for a drink, has anyone any ideas of something to order? I'm thinking cranberry juice or stick with Water and lime or lemon. I heard that now when you drink it really gets you. Has anyone tried to have a drink?

I had 2 glasses of Riesling and all it did was give me a headache and make me sleepy. Though I was never really a wine drinker anyways. I've been a beer drinker as long as I've been a drinker, and it's been really tough not having beer! Aside from the Riesling one night, I haven't tried anything else. Let us know what you drank and how it affected you! :thumbup:

I had 2 glasses of Riesling and all it did was give me a headache and make me sleepy. Though I was never really a wine drinker anyways. I've been a beer drinker as long as I've been a drinker, and it's been really tough not having beer! Aside from the Riesling one night, I haven't tried anything else. Let us know what you drank and how it affected you! :thumbup:

Well ladies I must confesss I had a rasberry stohli cosmopolitan and it made feel really yucky to much to soon next time I think i will stick to wine of something light like a twisted tea.

Tell me about the black bean bisque. Haven't heard that one and it sounds divine. Share the recipe?

Oh my gosh, it's fabulous. And it's store bought!!! :biggrin:

http://www.imaginefoods.com/products/product/1666.php

I have only found it at one or two of my local grocery stores. The website may have a place to search for local grocers who carry it. It's sooooo good. It says "Cuban" but don't let that fool you - it's not the least bit spicy. I put a little shredded cheese on it when I eat it. YUMMO! :biggrin:

Oooooh looks like you can order them online!

Edited by jmegirl

OH GOSH! That sounds scrumptious! The on line link you provided does have a store locator on it. Found three stores in my area that should have it. Can't wait to go and get some. Thanks so much!

By the way, I was banded on Nov 18 and am down 25 pounds since surgery... tomorrow is 21 days. :wink_smile:

OH GOSH! That sounds scrumptious! The on line link you provided does have a store locator on it. Found three stores in my area that should have it. Can't wait to go and get some. Thanks so much!

By the way, I was banded on Nov 18 and am down 25 pounds since surgery... tomorrow is 21 days. :lol:

That's impressive! :wink_smile: I only lost 10lbs in my first month.

Well I went out Saturday night and had the glass of wine. No noticeable difference in how I felt. But, Jaime, I'm with you I don't feel restriction, but I'm not really hungry. I don't get my fill till January so hopefully the hunger will stay at bay!