Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Wow, there are a bunch of yall having surgery this month!! How cool is that!! I wish everyone having surgery this week the very best!!

Hi everyone !

It's good to hear from people who have had the surgery (last year and doing well) and who have already had their surgery this month. I too hope I am a, "I feel great" after the surgery person, but I have a week 10 days off just in case. I have a 3 yr old son, and after my C-Section I felt really good, so maybe:crying:

I have to start my pre-op on the 12th. I am very worried about that. I can do low carb, even lower calorie, but I am supposed to have Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch. I will be starving by dinner time. I have a 36.5 BMI, so I only have to do it for a week, but I am very nervous. If you stay low carb, low fat and you go over the 800 calories would it still make your liver fatty?

Well, congrats to everyone who has already done and good luck to the rest of us!

I know the average is 50-75% of excess weight, and I am so used to my efforts not being sucessful that I am almost scared to want the 75-100%. But I am self pay and I will think very carefully with each meal.

Wow, there are a bunch of yall having surgery this month!! How cool is that!! I wish everyone having surgery this week the very best!!

Thank you soo much for the wishes, Renewedhope. It's nice hearing from banders like you supporting new banders and would be banders of OCTOBER!!! I will do the same next year in OCTOBLER!!! I am ready for tomrrow morning..My surgery is at 7:45am. I'm excited and a little nervous thinking about being sore all week..I know I will walk all I can to increase healing and lessen pain. I'll be off from work for 2 weeks or more. I can not lift over 20lbs next 6 weeks..Has anyone been told? I lift heavy Cafeteria tables daily at the school when I clean the floors.. I am hoping to go back less then 6 weeks on a Light Duty. IF not, too bad. I'll like to hear from others who lift at work or home.

My husband's big old, old, sweet siamese cat is going to be mad at me post op, because he LOVES to sit on my lap/belly all the time. I"m sure I will have to fight with him this week over pillows..LOL

Congrats to all the OCTOBER new banders..Let's hear some of your thoughts good & bad..That's what this place is for...AND good luck to the rest this week, including me..hehehe

Soon to be banded with love,

Sweet Gothic

Just want to stick my head in and wish all of you the best. I was banded Oct 24 of last year. What a difference a year has made. I am not the same person that I was when I sat where you are just 1 year ago. It is not easy. In fact, at times it is very hard, but so worth it. I am approaching my 1 year bandiversary and have lost 86 pounds!! For my bandiversary gift I am having a Tummy Tuck and thigh lift on Oct 24 of this year. I've gone from size 22 to size 10. So jump in and give it all you've got. Whatever happened to the October 07 group I'll never know, so if yall don't mid I will be checking in and rooting yall on.

renewedhope,

Thanks for joining the Smashing Pumpkins-08's!

I think all of us appreciate someone who has some expierence..

You have done great it sounds and deserve your bandiversary gift.

I am hoping to have that same "gift" in a year or so myself..

I would love to see a before picture if you have one. You look great in your current one.

Maybe you can start a thread asking where are some of your October 07 Bandsters--one year post op?

I am hoping most of us can continue to communicate with each other for support..

Congrats to everyone who has been banded so far and to the 10-6 people and 10-7's coming up!!--I will be Wednesday 10-8 right behind y'all:thumbup:

Renita

Hey everyone.. Sorry for not stopping by so much, but honestly I read a lo on the bored, but it seems like every time I got to type something I get really tired and start falling asleep while typing.. ha ha I know it is sad.. Well I am going back to work tomorrow.. 5 days post op and looking forward to getting out of the house... I have gotten out and walked a lot this past few days, but I dont think it is quite the same as just returning to your normal every day routine .. i think normal takes your mind off any pain your are still having and really helps you recoupe. as long as your dont over do it of course..

I have been doing ok.. it took until yesterday for the gas to really start moving and I am really sick of my Protein Drinks so make sure you have a huge variety.. and if you are on a clear liquid only the first week I would recommend picking up those clear Protein shots.. I never tasted them because I was able to have full liquids, but most other clears you get zero protein from and you need the protein to help you heal faster... I must say I have switched between slimfast low carb, Atkins advantage, plain milk, and carnation breakfast .. switching has really helped me because the first few days where I was only drinking slimfast was really getting to me and I was not sure how I was going to make it the whole 7 days, but now I am doing good and it is only a few more days until mushies.. once I go back to work I will prob not notice the time and Thursday will be here before I know it ..

I hope all the bandsters from last week are healing well and all the bandsters this week have a easy surgery and a healthy recovery.. remember to take it easy and relax after surgery, but also WALK WALK WALK.. I would have to say my worst after surgery experience has been the blood thinner shot and that is not because it hurts, but because i hate doing that to myself . I am not a huge fan on needles.. My hubby offered to give them to me, but well it makes me nervous.. at least if I force myself to do it I know how much pain it is going to be ( NOT A LOT) i just over analyze it in my head and no matter how much I say it wont hurt I still think it will ha ha.. only 4 more shots. Cant wait until that is over.. remember the post op is a time to heal not loose weight, but I have to tell ya when I stood on my scale and was down 8 lbs I was excited.. woo hoo :tongue2:

Take care everyone. I will stop babbling and will check on everyone later.. Keep me posted..

Renewedhope--- Thanks so much for giving us an insight to what we could be celebrating in a year.. and your continued visit here would be much appreciated.. I hope your upcoming reconstructive surgery goes well and hopefully as painless as possible.. Take good care of you :)

I am very happy to encourage all of you!! What an awesome journey it is. After a year out, it is renewing to read your posts and sense the excitement and hope of a better future!!

If you click on my profile pics you will see several before and during pics, but here are a few. The one in grey is the night before surgery. The one in the black ws taken 8 months out, so it is about 3 1/2 months old. I will take new pics at 1 year. I still have to pinch myself. The REAL me is coming back!! She has been hidden under all that fat for a very long time. I forgot how much I really like her (me).

jpg.gif

jpg.gifjpg.gifjpg.gifjpg.gif

post-225179-13813137685136_thumb.jpg

post-225179-13813137685311_thumb.jpg

post-225179-13813137685475_thumb.jpg

post-225179-13813137685655_thumb.jpg

post-225179-13813137685811_thumb.jpg

Wow! renewedhope! You look great. I start my liquids tomorrow and I've been feeling really depressed for some reason. Your pics gave me the hope I need to get through this. The last couple weeks I have gained all my weight back from my 6 month diet for the surg. (I had lost 15lbs).:tongue2: I know its just nerves but old habits die hard. I need to find a new way to deal with nerves. Any way Im ready for liquids. Today is my birthday and Im celebrating the begining of my new life.

Good luck to all thoughs having surgery this week. My prayers are with you!

Wow, Renewed, you look completely different!!! I have a similar figure tho I need to lose more weight than you do. Now to ask the oh-so-typical question - how's the skin doing?

Yanno, since so many of us are getting banded this month, I like to think of the surgeries two ways: 1) we are helping ourselves by helping our health! and 2) we are helping the economy by "spending" money! (Yes I am a cornball.)

I saw that Froggi has begun a spreadsheet for the November bandsters that has surgery date, highest weight, surgery weight, and goal weight. Do we want something similar??

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f283/notorious-november-weightloss-spreadsheet-77749/

OMG The Palin-Biden clip is hilarious. TKS for sharing and good luck with your band!

Wasn't it great? Latifah as Gwen Ifill was a great addition! I love the faces she makes at Palin!

Good luck to you as well!

i'm w/renewed here wishing the '08 oct group all the best ...

coming up on my yr anniversary and can't say enough about how much a positive impact the band has had....

cheers~

Wasn't it great? Latifah as Gwen Ifill was a great addition! I love the faces she makes at Palin!

Good luck to you as well!

They all did a great job! I was not sure at first if it really was Ifill. And the Palin person has all the right mannerisms.

Tina Fey will win an emmy for those clips!! She is amazing!

Isn't she? She looks just like her!

i'm w/renewed here wishing the '08 oct group all the best ...coming up on my yr anniversary and can't say enough about how much a positive impact the band has had....cheers~

thanks, Lulu! It's great having veterans in our group!

They all did a great job! I was not sure at first if it really was Ifill. And the Palin person has all the right mannerisms.

I agree!! They're priceless; I'm so glad they're on the web b/c I keep forgetting to Tivo SNL.