Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

After I posted I received a call from the service I hired to help me jump through all the insurance loops. I asked her about dropping below the 50 BMI problem. She said that the BC/BS insurance has the weight I was at pre-protein diet and not to be worried. So now I am happy that I have lost so much already. :lol: My clothes from last winter that I pulled out for our cool weather are loose!!!

I didn't know there was another October thread! Woohoo!

I'll be banded October 16. Good luck to all non-banded and thanks to the newly banded for writing about their experiences!

:biggrin: so i went yesterday to sign the release forms for the surgery and i asked the coordinator if everything is good to go for wednesday..she said she was awaiting approval and that I would hear from her today or Monday ..well she called..

apparently my weight watchers stint from may-august wasn't enough proof of being montiored..They have my highs school records where i was a 37BMI freshman year and been 40+ till now im 28..

so im hoping something will come through she says we are still on for wednesday..so i was confused then my boss needed me so i had to hang up and then they closed for the day :)

am i worrying too much for nothing? i'm all confused:unsure: arghhh

Vent over :thumbup:

Hi Goose! Think positive girl! I am sure things are going to be ok. :crossing fingers and toes::

thanks !

i keep repeating "think happy thoughts" lol cuz if the liquid diet was in vain i'll go cuckoo :)

Why is the BMI so high in your area. Here it is 35 with HBP and ^ cholestrol. This is my 3rd day of restricted pre-op and the hunger did no away like someone said it would. Only side effect, I gotta pee 3 times during the night!!! too much...I disturb my dog when I get up!

Why is the BMI so high in your area. Here it is 35 with HBP and ^ cholestrol. This is my 3rd day of restricted pre-op and the hunger did no away like someone said it would. Only side effect, I gotta pee 3 times during the night!!! too much...I disturb my dog when I get up!

:cursing:oops that was "hunger did go away"

Surgery scheduled for 10/14

Just want to stick my head in and wish all of you the best. I was banded Oct 24 of last year. What a difference a year has made. I am not the same person that I was when I sat where you are just 1 year ago. It is not easy. In fact, at times it is very hard, but so worth it. I am approaching my 1 year bandiversary and have lost 86 pounds!! For my bandiversary gift I am having a Tummy Tuck and thigh lift on Oct 24 of this year. I've gone from size 22 to size 10. So jump in and give it all you've got. Whatever happened to the October 07 group I'll never know, so if yall don't mid I will be checking in and rooting yall on.

Congrats on the new life! Please stay on this thread. It is good to hear how things have progressed. What do you thing was the most difficult for you?

Hey NRP, I checked the BMI calculator online and was told by my doctor that my BMI is 42. I am 5'9 289 lbs and my ideal weight should be 140ish.

Renew! Congrats girly, I am soo happy for you. Thank you for your kind words!!

The most difficult thing was the period from after surgery until you have good restriction. I couldn't even tell I had a band. I kept on my plan mostly during this time and lost around 10 pounds a month, but it was so hard because my band wasn't helping me yet. I remember thinking that this worked for lots of people, but it was going to be another thing that I did to lose weight that failed. Being obese, we become so accustom to weight loss plans not working. Well, it works. Once you have restriction your are like, WOW!! This period is known as Bandster Hell, and now I know why. Just remember that this is not "another weight loss attempt" This is a lifestyle change and determine from the start that you are going to be successful, and once you get through Bandster Hell you will begin to see results that you really wondered if were possible.

I am excited but nervous... My surgery is set for October 17th..... I have a positive outlook on this but am scared at the same time that I will be in that small percentage that....a) it will malfunction.... :) that I will fail at it just like all the other diets..... But I am keeping my head up..... Looking forward to a new lifestyle and better living.....