Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

shamrock: dont worry it doesnt hurt to get a fill. It didnt hurt me at all and i dont like needles.

Your right it didn't hurt just a quick pinch is all I felt. The Nurse Practitioner did it in one try she's good LOL.

I feel less restriction for some strange reason, but still following my small meals program.

I go in for my 2nd fill in a little under a week. The doc did it the first time, this time will be the head nurse. I am hoping she is as good as the doc. The only time i feel any restriction is if i am eating re heated meat(makes it drier) and eating it to fast. Otherwise have no restriction really, can eat a lot and hungry ever 3hrs.

i was just wondering if anyone got sore around there port site after the fill? mine is really sore. i wondered how she knew she hit the port, there was no screen or anything.

thanks you all

no i didnt get soar from fill. i have been feeling some tenderness this past week around it. Think it is from the healing and scaring, might be cause i have a sit down job and when i stand it stretches some.

well shucks.. now that several of you say you didn't get sore, i am wondering if they hit the port correctly.

i have a bruise and its very sore and swollen.

i think i will call them today.

thank you all!!

I am jealous! I haven't been able to get my first fill yet. I had an appointment scheduled for Wednesday but the Dr had to go to emergency surgery and so I just have to wait until they can fit me in!!! The office also told me that the next available appointment isn't until mid-November!! WTF! There is no way I want to wait that long. I am still losing and feeling really good about it but if my band was tighter I know I would be doing so much better!! Keep your fingers crossed that I can get in next week.

I have my thanksgiving outfit all picked out from the back of my closet and if I don't get my band tightened I may not fit in those pants!!

Hey soontobe, you are doing really well and if you are still losing don't worry about not getting your fill. I stopped losing at week 4 when I had been back on the soft foods for a week and haven't lost another pound since, even after having my first fill last Monday. Don't worry about those clothes either, I'm sure you'll get into them. I have still lost inches even though I haven't lost any more weight. and have had to recycle clothes almost every week since my surgery. I guess it must all just be shrinking back into the right place after losing quite a lot in a short space of time.

I have read many stories on here of people slowing down or stopping losing weight in the weeks of bandster hell so I'm trying not to get too concerned about it. I understand that there will come a point or a fill at which it will kick in again and I start losing. It's hard to be patient though when we have waited so long to be thin, so I know where you are coming from. Hang in there, it will be worth waiting for.

I was August 27, not doing so well, looking for inspiration. I am battling a major food addiction. Anyone else encountering this?

Hey Deborah,

Hang in there! The head hunger is much harder to beat than the actual physical hunger. The only thing that keeps me from eating is to get up and do something. Go for a walk, do a puzzle, read a book anything to keep my mind off what I want to eat. Have you gone to see anyone about it? A visit to a DR that specializes in that might help. Even a call to your lap band doc might help. Do you have support groups in your area? The are very helpful and if nothing else you will realize that you are not at home and maybe pick up an email buddie or phone a friend that you can reach out to when you are feeling weak. Don't give up-YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Moe

Hey Guys, im back!! long time no lab band talk.com lol! im depressed because im not losing and im hungry and eating too much. im not gaining though. i cant believe how much i can eat and not feel full! i havent had a fill because ins co wont pay until 90 post surgery. i go the first week of nov. the only time i can tell i have a band is if i eat too fast. if i eat slow i can eat three pieces of pizza if i want :angry: not what i expected this to be like. im really bummed.

I just had my second fill, i am still able to eat large portions before i feel satisfied. I think i am feeling fuller a small bit longer though. I battle the head hunger when i am not working. It is getting better. Since i have been eating around 1100-1200 calories, doc told me to try this month to keep it under a 1000 calories a day. I am tech susposed to be no more than 800, but am just to hungry.

Momx5: just hang in there. I am down some cause i am not loosing much at all either. I lost 6 pounds in september, the doc was happy, but i was able to loose that much if not more on my own a month before surgery. Hopefully since you have to way 90 days for a fill the doc will give you a bigger one.

im with you mo! dont give up. i havent lost anything in a long time. today im making a new start to get all my Water in, walk ever day and stick to mostly protiene and veggies! i have to do this, there are no other options for me. its sooooo hard i know :angry: keep trying!!