Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

Hey all! I have been super busy with school starting, just wanted to check in and say hi! I have been feeling good and having to remind myself to eat, I have not been hungry at all.

I do need to get my fanny moving, exercise has not been going as planned. I am so tired when I get home from school, I just can't get motivated to exercise. Okay, I need a good push! I know it. Writing it makes it seem like a cop out.

This board is so good for support. Hope you all have been well. I am off to school in the morning and then a 4.5 hr drive to my daughter's volleyball match for the weekend!

Hi, I was banded on Aug 26th. I am on the mushie phase at the moment. Its so hard making sandwiches for everyone and eating a tiny amount of slush myself, or making a big gorgeous dinner and everyone tucking in and sitting there myself with the baby food hahaha. Oh its hard but I'm doing ok.

I have been a bit disheartened as my weight has stayed exactly the same for the last 3 days so I have decided to not weight myself every day anymore. So I will weigh every Tuesday and record that weight.

I can't wait to get a few fills and actually not be hungry anymore.

I guess there are a few of you at the same stage as me, looking forward to reading all about your weight losses

I hear you...I didn't lose for a few days and in fact I put on 200 grams and 400 grams then didn't lose for 2 days then I thought right when I go to bed I am going to think I WILL LOSE WEIGHT TONIGHT!! First night I lost 200grams and the second night 600grams. Maybe it works!

i had my first fill on tuesday. (2cc in 10cc band) i really don't feel the restriction. anyone else have this problem? i noticed some got a fill at surgery. i wished mine had done that. this seems to be a forever to get going thing. i hadn't lost any weight in two weeks :crying:

ever hear of anyone that didn't lose there weight after having this done?

just curious.

Hi, I was banded on Aug. 27th. I didn't get a fill in my band at surgery either. I went back to doc at 2.5 weeks and had lost 15lb. It's been almost 2 weeks and it looks like I have lost another 3 lbs but to me that's so disappointing. I don't get my first fill until Sept. 30. I am hoping it helps. The stinky thing is I am watching what I eat incredibly closely. I have not had anything that's not on my plan. I am not exercising like I know I need too. I feel frustration and disappointment. Let us know if you feel like that first fill is working.

Best of luck....ks

malteselover: I am in the same boat. Nothing put in the band at surgery, went back 1 month later lost 11 pounds (8 of it on liquid only 1st week). I got a 2cc put in 10cc band. I havent felt any restriction. I am only susposed to be eating 600-800 calories, but still to hungry, so am up to around 1100-1200 a day, sometimes more sometimes less. I have been lucky that i haven't put on any weight and have managed to loose like 4 pounds. It gets harder every day, cause my hunger comes back more and more. I go in on the oct 2nd for my next fill. I am hoping that this one gives me some restriction.

had my first fill yesterday...2 cc's. and so far...so good. but man can i feel everything i'm drinking going down. it's making me a little nervous to eat soft food today. i too haven't lost anything...in fact since my last doctor's appointment about three weeks or so ago...i had actually gained half a pound. so yikes! i really hope this helps some. i was getting tired of feeling hungry and feeling like i could eat anything i wanted.

we're on the road...there will just be some speed bumps and tolls along the way...but we'll all get to our destinations!! i know we will!!! :crying:

it was just hard for me to understand also, i haven't over eaten and stick to the plan they lay out for me. after all those liquids etc i figured i had to lose some, but NOOOO. that was a let down. the first fill didn't seem to effect me at all. still just as hungry, but still sticking to it. i hope my next fill will see some results. heck you would think after all of this i would have at least lost some. maybe i just expected to much.

has anyone had the fill then it take a few days to help out?

Hi everyone, I've been having an increasingly tough time with my appetite really ramping up over the past week and me hunting for for food like I haven't eaten all year. This is not a good time in my banding journey and especially when I was told to try a variety of foods to support the nurse in deciding how much fill I required, thank goodness I'm going for my first fill on Monday. I'm really hoping it helps reduce my appetite again because I had such a good feeling of restriction after the surgery. I do have to say though I am quite scared that it won't work and I am really afraid of the damage I could do to my 21 llbs to date weight loss if my appetitie continous to be this voracious!

I have noticed that my weightloss has ceased over the past 2 weeks ish but Im still losing inches for some reason??? :crying:

Fingers crossed for next weeks fill.

z48d77bc63667fjw3.gif

Ladies, they call this Bandster Hell. I was banded Aug. 4th. I have had 2 fills since then. I had my last fill 3 days ago. My band size is 10cc, I now have 6cc's in my band. I don't see much difference in the way I feel before I had my fill. I have been told it could take 3-6 fills before we get to the Happy Zone. Hang in there, drink your Water, count your calories, eat several small meals a day so that you won't overeat. I know what you are all going through. It will get better. :smile2:

ahh yes this bandster hell ? i was banded aug 12 have lost only 17 lbs ( 11 from the preop diet ) things are supposed to go slow think for a moment about extra skin and skins actual elasticity ??? when you lose weight slow it gives your skin time to catch up I went 2 weeks ago for my first fill appt and since i was down 3 lbs my doctor thought it was best to wait another 3 weeks to fill - aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh jeez i am starving all the time searching for food most of which i am not buying to avoid the temptation i am trying to keep calm pay attention to what i am eating - oh and i am killin myself in the gym also so yes to lsing inches but not to lbs - we will all be ok just keep pn hanging in there knowing this is a process

yep...like the old saying goes, "you didn't put the weight on all at once, so you can't take it all off at once." it still sucks! :wink2: but at least we have each other to talk to!!!! :tongue2:

I'm TOTALLY hearing you all on the Bandster Hell....I have to wait until October 20 for my first fill....I figure at the moment rather than be sooooo hungry I make stupid choices I'll still have that third snack

So my day consists roughly of eating the following

2 vitabrits or baked Beans or scrambled eggs with mushrooms

yoghurt (snack)

lunch varies with some vegies and Protein and some carbs (about 1cup ish)

fruit (arvo snack)

dinner similar to lunch

Then if I am still really hungry I may eat something else either fruit or more vitabrits.

I am drinking 2+ Litres of Fluid per day.

I am pretty hungry but coping...

Heading into week 5 now and come next week should be able to eat normally...I think my future will not involve rice :tt1: I can eat it now JUST but it can be a bit troublesome. I had some Hand Rolls for lunch today I have missed them so much and I got through them ok but I made sure I took it VERY SLOWLY and even then there was some discomfort :bolt:

i'm still trying to get used to this fill...i'm set up at a craft show and had to have something for Breakfast (since it was such an early morning start) and my Cereal bar almost didn't go down. i think i'm going to stuggle today to just eat what i brought and make sure that is all goes down. but unofficially (since i only record my weight on wednesday's) i think i'm down another 5 pounds...so this is worth it...under 300 here i come!!! :bolt: