Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

thanks flem! at least i know im not alone. i guess this is about the time folks start getting clinically depressed (i never understood why they said "depression is a side effect" of the band) because we all have such high hopes for success that when it does not happen quick and easy we start to get down. ive made resolve to come here every day, get my Water in, eat what i should and not what i shouldnt. i gotta make this work................its hard.

Momx5~ Hang in there! I know it can be hard. I am surprised at what I can eat somedays! I have tried to have my own shelf in the fridge, where I keep the foods that I can eat, so I don't have to rummage through the rest of the food for the family. This will usually keep me from wanting to put the wrong things in my mouth.

I hear you on the exercise. I knew that would be the hardest part for me, and it has been. I need to get busy and get moving more. I started the couch to 5k this week. I have a goal of running (well mostly the whole way) at the local Jingle Bell Run in December. I thought if I had a goal it would help me be more motivated.

I hope you are feeling better. I find that coming to this forum is really very helpful. I have a chance to see what others are going through and sometimes I find that just typing out what I am going through really helps me feel better. It is my therapy!

FINALLY!!! I finally got my first fill today. My doctor wasn't even wanting to give it to me because he said I was losing weight right on schedule! Who's schedule? Not mine, on my schedule I should have lost a little more already! lol

It is hard! but i finally have lost a little more and should get another fill next week. i feel i can still eat to much though. i am surprised i lost anything this month. maybe the next fill will help.

hangin in there.

it sure has helped to keep me encouraged reading that others are struggling with this too. not that i am happy about that, its just that at least i know i am not in this boat alone.

thanks again you all!

For those of you who are not happy with the rate of weight loss, or if your loss has stalled, are you exercising?

I ask because I noticed that I didn't lose one week and then the next week I finally bit the bullet and started working out a little bit and it really made all the difference. Granted I don't do as much as my doctor wants me to but I will get there eventually.

So is everyone working out?

well i wasn't but my Dr suggested this band at wal mart for 8.77 and i can sit and stretch it over my head. it has seemed to start my weight loss again. so just a little will help. ( i have had some major back surgeries and can't do much)

well i wasn't but my Dr suggested this band at wal mart for 8.77 and i can sit and stretch it over my head. it has seemed to start my weight loss again. so just a little will help. ( i have had some major back surgeries and can't do much)

Sorry to hear about your back! I thought I was doing good because I walk about 2.5 miles 4 times per week but the Doctor said I should be running! I told him the only way I would run is if someone was chasing me with a knife so he said he will meet me at 6 am with a knife every morning!! lol.

Guess I better step it up. I have started walking up and down my stairs for 5 minutes at a time and that is a killer but I am hoping that with every week it will get easier and I will at some point do it for about 30 minutes straight.:wink2:

WOW I took a week or so off from here...

EVERYONE is doing AMAZING! Congrats to all of the "loosers" on here.

Soon2be. You have much more on me. I just wake up in the mornings and either walk on the tred or ride my bike into work. I am fairly consistantly loosing so I am not going to worry about a next fill until I platue which is bound to happen.

Again, I am so happy for everyone!:biggrin:

Sorry to hear about your back! I thought I was doing good because I walk about 2.5 miles 4 times per week but the Doctor said I should be running! I told him the only way I would run is if someone was chasing me with a knife so he said he will meet me at 6 am with a knife every morning!! lol.

LOL Soontobe, now that was some funny stuff. he has a good sense of humor. loved that!

but i think y ou are doing great!

Hi All, I'm glad I checked in tonight, that last string of posts has really made me chuckle. I needed cheering up too because I think I've hit the post bandster depression period:crying:

I haven't lost even a pound in the last 3 weeks and the WLS guys tell me I need another fill but I wasn't allowed one until a fortnight after my last which was just over a week ago. Then because I work full time and they travel through the UK to do the fills, the nearest they are to me next is October 27th.

So I'm really battling to keep my weight steady as it is and now I know I have to wait almost 3 weeks until my next fill. Thats why I woke up really miserable this morning. I know I'm being impatient and I know things will start happening when I hit my sweet spot but its really getting to me now.

I suppose I should be grateful that I haven't gained for 3 weeks whereas before surgery I could pile on pounds in a week without trying but I'm finding it hard to see the positives at the moment.

You guys are all doing really well and I hear you on the exersise. I do get some in at the weekends. I did a ten mile cycle last weekend which nearly killed me and I get on the treadmill at home a few times a week but a busy week at work usually puts a stop to anything more on the weekdays.

Thanks for the laugh soontobe, my doc is really comical too and I can just see him saying something like that in fact when I saw him a couple of weeks ago, he asked me how I was getting on with my elastic band, he said it so seriously too like he didn't mean to, he's nuts :smile2:

Hope you all have a good week

Rx