Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all... well after lurking for some time I thought I'd say hey... I'm still around:blushing:

Well after of a gain of 2 lbs at my November fill appt :thumbup: I maintained that without gaining or loosing... Of course eggnog and goodies didnt help.

I think my fill might have been a little to tight then. I have had heartburn a couple of times and could only eat maybe 3 oz. and its funny how those foods that are full of carbs like ... lets say... fudge:drool:... will slide right on down through the band :/

Well ive gotten back on track since the first and am now past the big FIVE OOHHHH mark :)!!!

I wanted it by thanksgiving but fell off the wagon with the eggnogg and fudge and the gym.... ugh i was way bad about not going

but things got themselves quick started and im down 51 lbs now .... and im eating right and have been getting in 3 to 4 oz. and am never hungry... have to actually work to get in my Water too... but have had no more heartburn in at least 3 weeks. Going to ask about if this is too tight or just my SWEET... SWEET spot... especially since we seem to get "looser" as we loose fat from around our stomaches...

I have added a stick of livactive cheese at night for a snack with my 3 small meals and am averaging around 800 calories a day... but am burning at least that a day so I am usually in the negative for calories... I am up to "jogging" 2 solid miles when I jogg now!! Walk one to warm up jogg 2 and walk one to cool down. I set my resolution goal on nikeplus for 100 miles a month!!

Oh yeah remember that little internet tool... the daily plate... well it's still there:cool2: and it even is useable with my i-pod touch... using the "tools" again and back on track!!

I have been keeping track of everyone and have been saying my share of prayers for all the traverels, and those with recent surgeries, and job situations ( my hubby got the extended vacation most UAW workers did ) they are to many to list individually but have thought of you all and am back on track so from now on it won't be a book when I post.

Here's to a great New Year:thumbup::)

And to a great network of :thumbup:Support:thumbup:

Edited by Huggie Bear
I can't type :)

Hey Apples, what kind of farm do ya'll have?

lucy

Lucy...we farm 2000 acres of corn and soybeans and have another full time business on the side

Lucy...we farm 2000 acres of corn and soybeans and have another full time business on the side

Thats great, my husband and I both grew up on farms. His family farmed soybeans and wheat. We farmed livestock and poultry.

Lucy

"I am up to "jogging" 2 solid miles when I jogg now!! Walk one to warm up jogg 2 and walk one to cool down. I set my resolution goal on nikeplus for 100 miles a month!!"

Wow,that is awesome. Keep up the good work. My goal is to increase my cardio and workout more, and not worry so much about the scale. I want to lose inches!

lucy,

Good for ya'll jogging, I fantasize about running, how stupid is that :) I guess cause I know I can't with the hip and all.

Anyway, sorry you couldn't PM me, I am set up, I got one now and then from a girl here in town. Try again and let me know.

The 5th fill was horrible, I cried, literally!!! The Nurse P, did it instead of the docs, and last time she did fine, after I told her doc said (he told me whoever did it to always! remind them to use a long needle) about the needle, well she used a short one anyway and couldn't hit it. I finally told her to please go find a long one. She came back and it went right in, but she kept tapping it for some reason and it hurt so bad, I just had to keep my eyes closed. She never even said sorry.

I just realized this morning thought that I did not have much if any restriction last time (and I had a little the time before that the doc did it) and now I feel like I have none. She takes all the Fluid out, and then pushes it back in (anyone ever had that done??) I am wondering if it hasn't messed with my band?? You know it fits snug, but if you pull all the fluid and air out, then push it back in it may move or something?? Just doesn't make sense to me. I really want to call back and ask to see the Dr. myself!! They even could not be sure how many fills I have had????? I know but I never asked how much. I want the doc to tell me how much, so I know from now on. Sorry, but I am very frustrated. I only lost a lb, but I had to fight it the whole six weeks. I mean that is the reason I had the surgery. I can't do it alone, I have tried for 20+ years. I am just thankful I didn't gain, but man!

I know I need to shrug it off and get on with it, but part of me feels like I need and x-ray to check my band??

addy

Hi Junebugs::cool:

I know all of you have been sitting on the edge of your seats wondering about my date!....:)

Drum roll Please......:eek:

It was GREAT!:wink2:

We went to a seafood place and I had orange roughy.

I didn't pb or get stuck! Thank goodness! :thumbup:

He was great and charming! :wub:

And he has called twice today. :eek:

:angry:

Thanks for all the good wishes!

Addy, I agree that taking out the fill doesn't make much sense... I hope it gets better for you soon.

Huggie I am so glad to see you here again!

:wink:

lucy, I am not a jogger either... my knees are too bad, but I would love it.

Have a great night and I will see you all tomorrow!

Hey Addie, sorry the fill was so miserable. They are never pleaseant for me, but bearable. My doc always does the fills. And yes, he drains all the Fluid out and it makes my stomache feel really wierd. He then places more fluid back in. I'm not sure if he replaces it with the same fluid plus some, or starts over with an entire new batch of fluid?

Anyway, my 4th fill sure does have me tight. I can eat just a few bites of food and that is IT!

Cathy, glad the date went well. If he has already called you twice, he must really like you:tt1:.

BTW, I cannot jog 2 miles, I was quoting Huggy, she is doing great!:thumbup:

Addy~ My doctor draws out all Fluid with each fill and then pushes back in with additional fluid. He states this is done to make sure what he had previously put in is still there. I thought this was the normal practice.

Cathy~How exciting about the date!

Huggie~ Welcome back and happy to hear you are doing well.

Allie~Sorry to hear about the pay cut. I know it sucks to loose that money, but just look on the positive side and be thankful it wasn't a job cut. I would of gladly taken a cut if it had been offerred to me.

I just seem to be in a eating slump since the holidays with eating way to many carbs, which has slowed my weight loss. So starting tomorrow I am going to go through the food cycle starting with liquids and progress through to the solids to see if I can't flush this out of my system.

Everyone have a great evening.

Got my UPS shipment today from Amazon. I never thought $4 capris could be sooooooooooooo cute. Had a style show for DH tonight. And, what's great is that I have tops to match all 8 pair that I bought. There are some great jean capris that I got for that price also. And, four of the pairs came with cute beaded belts (think those capris were $8). Anyway, I should be all set for the trip. All packed and ready to go. Just have to make sure my large case is not over 50lbs. I'm sooooooo excited to order things on the internet and just slip them on.

Hey Apples~ Per your suggestion I did go on to Amazon and ordered a bunch of cheap tshirts and capris for my Florida trip. For that price I don't care if I'm not in love with them, just hope they fit!

VZ...sounds like a good plan to cleanse your system of the carbs. The more carbs a person eats, the more we crave them. Good luck. You CAN get yourself back on track. You're taking the right steps already.

Huggie....good to see you back. I don't run anymore. Good for you for getting out there and working your butt off. I was in track in college and loved it (ran the mile). Not a runner anymore but walk my butt off. DH is a little concerned that we will be too active on vacation and I will have trouble maintaining my weight....I'll just eat richer foods!

Cathy...happy to hear you had a great time on your date. Too bad you disclosed it to all of us....now we are just going to bug you for updates!!!

Hope everyone had a good day....I did....life is good. sleep tight everyone! Hugs

Got my UPS shipment today from Amazon. I never thought $4 capris could be sooooooooooooo cute. Had a style show for DH tonight. And, what's great is that I have tops to match all 8 pair that I bought. There are some great jean capris that I got for that price also. And, four of the pairs came with cute beaded belts (think those capris were $8). Anyway, I should be all set for the trip. All packed and ready to go. Just have to make sure my large case is not over 50lbs. I'm sooooooo excited to order things on the internet and just slip them on.

Hey Apples~ Per your suggestion I did go on to Amazon and ordered a bunch of cheap tshirts and capris for my Florida trip. For that price I don't care if I'm not in love with them, just hope they fit!

I know, for me, it was pretty hard not to order most of the styles of capris on sale. I was happy with every pair I ordered. I also ordered a pair of Born sandals (the only brand of shoes I wear) and they came today. So comfy. Happy that you were able to find enough clothes for your trip. Have fun!

Hi all,

Cathy, congrats on the date, I knew you would do ok with the PB's.

V & Lucy thanks for letting me know about the fills, I feel better just knowing that. Since the doc's didn't do it and the NP did, I was just a little worried. I know I am going to get the amounts that have been put in next time, all of them.

V - are you going to start Thur. the 8th on your liquids. Me too, so maybe we can support each other. The counselor at the clinic told me to try doing that again, to retrain my brain. She said after the holidays we go back to our old ways of looking for diets (WW, Atkins, etc..) to remember what to eat. If we get back on liquids and mushy, then food, we get our mind back to us! I am going to do slimfast and green salads for a few days, then mushy for a few days, then try and get back on with my food. How many days are you going for liquids? etc..?

I finally did feel a little bit of restriction tonight, not much, but hey, at least I felt something, maybe :thumbup:

thanks all,

addy