Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have any of you heard of the 5 day pouch test diet??

I went to the web site and it sounds pretty good, V I may try this, it is to shrink our pouches back to post op and allow you to "start" over.

addy

At everyone of my fills (and there's been many) they have drawn out all the Fluid and then put it back in with the new. I think that is pretty common to check for leaks. I never feel the liquid going in but I feel it coming out and it's a weird sensation.

Many folks I've read on here have done the 5 day pouch test so it must work. they usually seem pleased. Good luck with it!

Cathy, glad the date went welland you had no PB's. Sounds like the guy knows what a great gal you are if he has called twice already.

Still no more losses for me this week, obviously my rapid rate of losing is slowing down. Or maybe it just seems that way as I want to hit that 100 pound mark so bad. now that it's less than 10 I am very impatient and want it now! Though the piece of cake I ate last night isn't going to help me. Not sure why I did that as I usually don't: a) like chocolate and :thumbs_up: like cake. But htis was pretty dang good if I do say so myself (I baked it for a Bible study group last night). Now I have part of a left over cake on the counter. Will ask DH to either take it to work, eat it or I will dispose of it.

Have any of you heard of the 5 day pouch test diet??

I went to the web site and it sounds pretty good, V I may try this, it is to shrink our pouches back to post op and allow you to "start" over.

addy

Addy~Yes the 5 day pouch test is exactly what I'm doing....Good Luck and let me know how it goes for you.

Here's the web site for any one else that is interested.

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

Hi everyone.. well I haven't been on in a while since I fell off the lapbandwagon.. I have been eating chocolate and junk this week.. I am trying to get back on track. It's been a rough week and I am trying to get back to where I was before. The cut in pay really through me for a loop.. I went from working about 30 hours a week to now 50 for less money. I know that there are others out there that lost their job and I feel sorry for them but right now I am feelilng sorry for myself. My friends are all giving me a hard time because they make so much less than me but honestly just because I make more doesn't mean that it doesn't effect me. I am really in a bad place I guess. I am pissed and upset. I just wish someone would understand why I am upset and let me be upset. If someone says once more well at least you still have a job I am going to scream! Why can't I be upset without being giving a guilt trip? :cursing:We figured it out and it's like a $10,000 pay cut! No matter how you look at it it's tough. I keep falling back into my old "fat" routines. I gained like 3 pounds and need a fill. I called the doc and they can't get me in until the 26th. This didn't help me at all. Ok enough of my bitching.. I just really need support right now and I am hoping you guys can be the support I need.

Cathy congrats on the date!!!! How exciting that must be!

Long.. lets make a pact to not eat any junk this week!

All you other Junies.. have a great day and keep up the good work!

Ahh, Allie, so sorry you are going through this right now. You have every right to be upset. This affects your life in a big way. Sure you still have your job, but it's not the job you had before you are working a whole lot more for a whole lot less money. My husband has survived some layoffs but had to take a paycuts in the past. Sure it was nice he kept the job and I was grateful for that, the paycuts meant a whole lot of changes for us and still ticked us off. Changes in lifestyle had to be made. So go ahead and vent. Venting here is better than chocolate!! (well almost).

I've gotten rid of most of the junk this week, still had a 'chip issue'. chips are my go to food and not sweets, they are my chocolate. I did manage to lose this week and hit 95 this morning. 5 more til triple digits!! 10 more til Onderland!!

Well I did something this morning I'd have never guessed I'd ever do 7 mos ago before the band. I took an aerobics class.....and here's the clincher....I ENJOYED IT. It was this new Zumba class that is out now it's to what I called cruise ship music kindda Latin, reggae, calypso type. I was such a clutz, couldn't stay in step for nothing and had to improvise some for my knee but heck, I was a movin' and a groovin'. I might even do it again, only thing is it is costly at $6 a class I think. The other classes at $3 but since this one is 'branded' like Jazzercise used to be it's more.

Ahh, Allie, so sorry you are going through this right now. You have every right to be upset. This affects your life in a big way. Sure you still have your job, but it's not the job you had before you are working a whole lot more for a whole lot less money. My husband has survived some layoffs but had to take a paycuts in the past. Sure it was nice he kept the job and I was grateful for that, the paycuts meant a whole lot of changes for us and still ticked us off. Changes in lifestyle had to be made. So go ahead and vent. Venting here is better than chocolate!! (well almost).

I've gotten rid of most of the junk this week, still had a 'chip issue'. chips are my go to food and not sweets, they are my chocolate. I did manage to lose this week and hit 95 this morning. 5 more til triple digits!! 10 more til Onderland!!

Well I did something this morning I'd have never guessed I'd ever do 7 mos ago before the band. I took an aerobics class.....and here's the clincher....I ENJOYED IT. It was this new Zumba class that is out now it's to what I called cruise ship music kindda Latin, reggae, calypso type. I was such a clutz, couldn't stay in step for nothing and had to improvise some for my knee but heck, I was a movin' and a groovin'. I might even do it again, only thing is it is costly at $6 a class I think. The other classes at $3 but since this one is 'branded' like Jazzercise used to be it's more.

Thanks Long.. :cool: I am really just freaking because we don't qualify for financial aid and my daughter starts college this coming year. Then my baby starts the following year. I was feeling pretty safe we could pay for it all now I am not so sure and you know when you feel like you are letting your kids down well it causes stress. So today I got a second job as a bartender 2 nights a week to make up for the loss. I just can't tell them even though I know they would be like "mom it's fine" I just have always told them we would pay..

Congrats on hitting 95!! I hope I can start losing again. I am as you are hoping for 100 by Valentines' Day. Great job on going to the zumba class!!! That sounds like so much fun! I have been looking for a dance place around here, I love to dance and have been trying to find something that isn't for 20 year olds. :regular_smile:

Oh and the 5 day pouch test is really a great idea. I actually do that every time I get a fill. My doctor is really strict about 2 solid days of liquids, 2 days of mushies then slowly introduce solids. I really think that is what has really helped with my weight loss. I actually look forward to my fills eventhough I always end up getting stuck like 4 or 5 times because they have a hard time getting to mine, it's like turned.. but it is ALWAYS worth it. I even told them if it looks like I don't need a fill pretend to give me one so I do the 5 day pouch test.. lol..

Have a great day we are expecting another snow storm.. bahhh 7-12 inches.. I am sick of it!

What was really neat about my Zumba class is the first thing I did was to see if I was the oldest and/or the fattest. nope on both accounts!! There were 2 (out of 8) that were older than me and the reason I know that is they were talking about a seniors class and mentioned their ages, and there was at least one heavier cause i know her weight from the weight loss challenge.

Allie, I remember the years of my kids going to college too. There is a neat loan that you can get as parents if you don't want your kids to get it called a PLUS or something like that. You dont' have to pay on it til they are done with school. But you can pay on it for no interest before that then. My son got some type of loan when he opted to go out of state. we said we'd pay for it if he finished, he didn't and we didn't. It was the hardest thing I had to do is say we weren't going to. We had a deal. Plus he had a basketball scholarship that would've increased that year. What I am trying to say is there are options, but I know how you wanted to know it was paid for when they went and not want to have to finance it.

I read a lot about this 5 day pouch test. Might have to keep it in mind for future reference. Funny, my dr. after a fill just says liquids for 4 to 5 hours, and then mushies the rest of that day. I'm back on solids the next day. But tend to stay on the mushier side of things. So far my last fill is still good. I think I have had 6 of them though.

Hi Junies,

Allie, Long took the words right out of my mouth, You have every right to be mad!!!! It is not fair, and then count in the fact that Congress is quietly giving themselves a raise is enough to make you scream!!!!!! They are the ones that got us in this economic mess in the first place. Scream and tell God all about it, that is what I do, and then HE graciously fixes it, maybe not the way "I" would, but HIS way is so much better. :thumbup: Of course see I can say that because I can look back and say that :thumbup: I still scream and fuss about now, :mellow: Hang in there, it will get better. But, don't let anyone make you feel guilty about your feelings, they do not live in your shoes.

Z - fell off the 5 day, I was doing real good, but I went to a baby shower today and they offered cake, I resisted for the longest, then I ate the icing, wrong move. I came home and had supper. It wasn't too bad, but I was going to have a slim fast not supper. Oh well, back on tomorrow. I use to hate Slimfast's starting to like them.

I hope everyone has a blessed evening and great tomorrow.

addy

Hey Allie, I was just thinking about you and so I checked in. I'm sorry you are going through this. I know a pay cuts affects us no matter how much or little we have and yes it is tough. I will pray for you and your family. So, a second job as a bartender...that must be interesting. Sounds like it could be fun.

I have been having some eating issues this weekend. I don't know why, but I'm putting a stop to it right now!! Too many chips and ice cream and the it stops right here and now ladies.

I've had a few rough days. The 1 year anniversary of my mom's passing is coming up and it is starting to really affect me. But I will get through it, I don't have a choice.

I have worked out with my trainer a few time, but I don't feel like she is pushing me very hard, and I need someone to push me because I'm not good a pushing myself.

Well, we sound like sad bunch, lol! Here is to everyone getting the weightloss kicked in, exercise and happy thoughts!

Lucy

addy, lucy and long you are so awesome! Thanks for the support I really needed it.

Lucy.. I am so sorry about your mom, my heart goes out to you! You should tell your trainer you need her to push you harder.. tell her to go "Jillian" on you!! (just in case you don't know who that is, she is the trainer from biggest loser).

I too have sat on my butt all weekend long.. drank to much wine and ate to much junk. I have got to get to the gym. I keep making excuses..

Addy, you crack me up. I am very religious as well and have been praying alot and I realize that he is answering me but I haven't been listening..lol. the story of my life.. :tongue2: I guess I should start praying to listen lol.. I am my own worst enemy and God knows it. I keep hoping his answers will change but nope he's made up his mind, I just have to wrap my Mind around it.. :wub:

Have a great last bit of the weekend and tomorrow I am going to work with a positive attitude.. NO MORE FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF, one week was enough, time to move on and be productive. I am going to turn this into a positive. xoxox thanks everyone for your awesome support YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Allie..so sorry to hear you are having issues. I know things seem overwhelming right now but just by getting that second job, you are doing something positive to set it straight. Maybe you should try the 5 day pouch test to get you back on track. I have heard so many people say it has worked for them. Worth a try. Hang in there, girl.

Two days till take off and counting. Have mega work to do for my guards volunteer job b/4 we go so have not spent much time online. Not sure how much time I will get to check in when we are in FL. We have wireless access at the lodge where we are staying but not in our cabin. I am surely going to miss the unlimited access I have now.

Will talk more after I get these donation letters written. Have a good evening everyone!

Alli, oh I know who Jillian is. I love the biggest loser and have watched every season. My husband hates the show:tongue2:.

I agree, it is annoying when they do thier product placement for Jenny O Turkey, of sugar free gum, it is always so obvious. Anyway, yes I love the show. I am really pulling for this season, I cried when they were crying at the weigh in. My heart was hurting for them.

Lucy

Hi all Junie's :cursing:

I was reading about the BL, I love that show, but I tape it and skip some of it, commercials, etc... Anyway, I know this sounds stupid, but I play it back and workout (ride my recumbent bike) when they get to their challenges or workouts and the weigh ins. When Jillian starts hollering, I keep going. :cursing: LOL! She can definitely motivate you. And when they weigh in I keep thinking there but for the grace of GOD go I, which motivates to keep moving, because I HATE to exercise, it hurts so :cursing:

Lucy so sorry to hear about your mom. Try to make that day a special day, Celebrate her, and maybe it will be a little easier.

Allie, I just know God sits up there and looks down on me and I can just see HIM smiling and shaking HIS head at me, saying "girl, girl, girl" I am so thankful HE loves me so, because like our children, I know I exasperate HIM. :) Have a great day at work today.

Z, I did not end up doing the 5 day, started but previous told why I quit :/ but, I think I finally "felt" the fullness of my pouch:thumbup: . I have really been good at measuring and if I can't trying to stay within the "palm size". NOT drinking for an hour!

So thanks to all of your support and advice, MAYBE, I finally know what to do, sad after 6 months huh?? :) I guess this 5th fill is finally getting close to sweet. My son and his fiancee took me to eat after church. Chinese, I love chinese, mostly the little noodles, UMMM! But I stayed within the palm and got a bite of each, and stayed with the less fattening stuff, (I don't eat sweet chinese anyway) that I wanted. Took me forever to eat it, that stuff is hard to chew, chew. Only went back once and got one Crab Rangoon. So for me that was a "woo hoo" moment. I will take each small success!

Here is to all our small successes going to that big ultimate success. Hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day,

addy

Hey Junies! We'll I'm back from my trip to Denver and Long, Denver is BEAUTIFUL!! I so wish I had had more time to see the city (I saw a whole lot of the convention center). I don't know how you don't drink with your meals living there. I've never felt so dehydrated in my life. I'm great about not drinking a 1/2 hour before or an hour after, but not in Denver. I couldn't help it. There are a lot altitiude changes your body has to get used to I guess...being there less than 72 hours didn't give my body much time :cursing: I'm excited to get my Pampered Chef business back to where it was. Since surgery, I haven't done near as much as I had in the past. Now I'm back on track and completely motivated. My goal is to do 20 shows between now and the end of February. Who knows if it will happen, but it's worth a try :cursing:

Long, I think our scales must know each other, b/c mine has been stuck too. I am 8 pounds away from 100 and it's just sitting there. I have a fill Friday and am really hoping that it will help. I hate fills (I've almost passed out at both of them), but know that I really need one now. I'm getting hungry really quick after eating.

Allie, I'm sorry to hear things suck so bad. I know how it feels to hear "you should be happy you still have __________". You just want to scream. I truly believe everything happens for a reason (don't hit me :cursing:). I really think sometimes it takes a long time to figure out the reason for it, but it's always shows up. Keep you chin up and feel free to vent here any time :)

I'm loving my Wii fit...it's actually making exercising fun, which it has never been before. I'm a little scared to get on this afternoon as I know I'm going to be "yelled" at for not being on since last Wednesday. I walked a whole lot in Denver though...even took 19 flights of stairs down in the hotel...I could have never done that before surgery. Oh, and on the airplane, the seatbelt fit with about 6 inches of left over slack...wow, that was an amazing feeling. I wanted to tell someone, but didn't want to freak out those sitting next to me :)

Have a great rest of your day everyone!!

:woot:

Jennifer

Teach, glad you loved my city. I grew up here and lived away for 25 yrs and just moved back 2 yrs ago. I am so happy to be back. It did take me some getting used to back at the high altitude when moving back. I was tired a lot (more sleepy than exhausted type tired) and got out of breath easily (well easier than before but I did a lot anyway at 300 lbs). They do say we get deyhydrated more easily here too. Not sure if that is so much the altitude or the desert type climate, we complain it's humid with the humidity gets about 20 or so. I drink up til my meals and then don't for 30 to 60 min after.

I took my 2nd Zumba class today. It was still fun, well as much fun as exercise can be. They offer it only on Mondays and Saturdays so now I have 5 days to rest up my knee. I will still workout but will do more on the bike or elliptical which is easier on my knee.