Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh yes, you might want to go to work sober :)

I am so excited to start working with my personal trainer. How crazy is that, I'm excited to be in pain!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi everyone. This is my first time on this site and have been busy reading everyone's posts. I hope to become part of this 'little coffee group'. I live in Liberty, MO. We are just north a little of Kansas City, MO. Wish we had some of the Arkansas weather that a couple of you have mentioned. Do any of you have an autoimmune disorder? Just wondering as I have been told I have CREST, a form of Scleroderma. They told me not to have the band...but did anyway. So far so good though. I've not lost a lot of wt yet, but only had 1 fill. That was on Nov. 18 1cc. I know it's been a long time but scheduled for another on Feb. 4. Earliest Dr. Malley office could get me in as I had been banded in Mexico they do not get in a hurry to accommodate someone they did not band themselves. Look fwd to getting to know you.

Welcome Judy!

Guess what I wore to church today? Yep those size 12's!! I didn't have to wiggle to get them fastened today either. YAHOO!!! I changed when i got home into a workout type outfit with tshirt, jacket and pants, I bought them last spring in a 1X, they are huge. BUt I am wearing it as I like the reminder.

DH is going to join me on the healthy eating bandwagon tomorrow, he hasn't been eating that unhealthy as I just don't cook much that way anymore but he is cutting down his portions. He needs to lose about 20 lbs. He was shocked when I told him his BMI was 'overweight' and getting close to obese. Though he insists that chart isn't too accurate and I tend to agree with him, for him anyway. He's a big guy, 6'6 and wants to weight 225 which he looks great at, but it's still overweight on the chart. The chart wants him to be about 215, he weighed that in HS and was scrawny. But what really excited me, is our BMI's are only 2 numbers apart. He's going to come to the gym while I am there tomorrow and workout and start the weight loss challenge.

Yep they are starting another Biggest Loser, I got a free entry for being the 'reigning champ' however, my boss informed me that his boss was really upset an employee won last time. He explained to him that I was just a new employee that week, I still got my cash prize etc. but I can't win again. BUMMER!!! My friend who I work with and I are still going to do it as motivation though and for bragging rights if we really did win, we'll know by the numbers. LOL So now DH has to win it for us!

Hey there Junies..

Lucy you mean I can't work drunk??? lol

Long.. that sucks you can't do it again! I hope your hubby wins for you both! :)

I am dreading going back to work tomorrow.. I have really enjoyed being off for the past two weeks but really need to get back to a regular schedule. It is way to easy to slip when you are on the run and having fun.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of this very cold Sunday!

Happy New Year and Welcome to all the new members. Sounds as though every one had a great Christmas. I did not loose any weight these past 2 weeks, but I did not gain and am happy with that. I know what ever I would have normally lost, I cancelled out with all that extra eating and drinking (yes Allie wine and liquour do have calories)...:cry_smile: and I curse those people who gave me those boxes of Godvia Choclates and forced me to eat them all! Time to blow the dust off of the treadmill and get back on track with things. I realized one thing, I really have felt like crap the past two weeks with all of the drinking and eating the sweets. My body was not use to those foreign substances...LOL!

I too am ready to get back to a normal routine. Since being laid-off on December 1st, I really have been all off schedule with my excercise and eating routine. My friend has offered me a job at her company while I continue to search for a job. So hopefully it will beat what I would collect in unemployment and get me back into a normal routine. I think this lay-off will finally sink in next week. Working for the automotive industry it would have been normal to have been off work the past two weeks and it is a strange feeling knowing that I am not returning to work tomorrow.

I too went out shopping yesterday in search of some clothes for Florida. Leaving the 25th to move my daughter to Orlando and will take an extended vacation. Very hard to find summer clothes in Michigan in the middle of winter. I have absolutely nothing in my wardrobe that fits me. I did find one cute pencil jean skirt. Guess I better start doing some internet shopping. So hard though because I don't know what sizes to order...ugh.

Those of you dreading the return to work tomorrow, have a great day and be thankful you have a job...:)

Hey kids! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Time for all of us to get back into the routine, I think.

VZGH...I found great deal on Amazon.com on capris, shorts and t shirts. If you are unsure of your size, you could always just order capri yoga pants and dress them up. Elastic waist was the way I had to go until I got closer to goal. I lost around my waist at the very last. I swear I started at my ankles and head and the weight loss met in the middle.

Allie...love your new photo with your girls. They are very pretty. Oldest one looks just like you. Younger must look like DH?

Have had a kidney stone since yesterday. UGH. Hope it passes soon. Got all my Christmas stuff down and put away though. Forced myself.

8 days till we leave for FL. I imagine you can all tell I am excited to get out of here. After 4 weekends of blizzards...hell ya!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to drop in and say hi. Things are going well. The weight isn't coming off as fast as it was, but I figure with the holiday eating and drinking it's ok :) I'm getting close to that 100 mark and I can't belive it. I got a Wii for Christmas and got a Wii Fit a couple of days later and so far I love it. I haven't been a faithful exerciser and I'm really hoping this will be something I enjoy. I leave for a Pampered Chef conference on Wednesday to Denver. I'm really looking forward to fitting into an airplane seat and being able to buckle the seat belt. Apples, I hope you pass your kidney stone soon. I've seen my sister go through that, and it was awful. Feel better! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. Here's to an amazing 2009 :cry_smile:

Apples ~ I'll check out Amazon. Right now I'm looking on the department store sites, found a few things at JC Penney. Don't want to spend a lot, hoping they don't fit by the time summer arrives here. Figure I could order two sizes and the returns are easy to do at the stores. Tops are no problem, it's those darn hips and thighs that give me problems fitting into pants.

Have a great evening.

Apples ~ I'll check out Amazon. Right now I'm looking on the department store sites, found a few things at JC Penney. Don't want to spend a lot, hoping they don't fit by the time summer arrives here. Figure I could order two sizes and the returns are easy to do at the stores. Tops are no problem, it's those darn hips and thighs that give me problems fitting into pants.

Have a great evening.

If you go under the clearance items in Amazon, you should be able to find soooooooooooooo many things for under $10/item.

Thanks for the sympathy on the kidney stones thing. Such nice girls we have on our threads.....It's just part of my life since 1994..at least once a month. They are a killer (not literally but at the time they feel like it). Longest I have every gone with stone is 11 days. Docs have had to go grab them many times (have to be put under). Have had them pounded and took care of them for a bid.

Welcome to the new people and to the ones coming back to this thread. I LOVE the positive people of the this thread and the other threads I am subscribed to. I attribute a lot of success to LBT friends. Just to have someone to open up to...talk about struggles, life, etc. Always someone to positively guide a person in the right direction. Life is good!

OUCH on the kidney stones. I hope you get relief soon, I hear they are quite painful. I was going to say to drink more but I see in another thread you said that isn't it. Hope it is passed before you leave on vacation. Are you driving or flying??

Am busy putting the last of the Christmas away. I love putting it up but hate taking it down. Part of it is, I don't want to admit it's over. It's my favorite part of the year and I find it depressing when it's over, but I don't get as down as I used to. I am learning to appreciate it more while it's here and look forward to seeing the stuff again in a year. We used to play this guessing game when we took the stuff down during the years we moved so much. We'd ask, where will we be when we see this stuff again??? Hopefully it will still be Denver next year. I don't want to move again. At least not out of Colorado.

OUCH on the kidney stones. I hope you get relief soon, I hear they are quite painful. I was going to say to drink more but I see in another thread you said that isn't it. Hope it is passed before you leave on vacation. Are you driving or flying??

Am busy putting the last of the Christmas away. I love putting it up but hate taking it down. Part of it is, I don't want to admit it's over. It's my favorite part of the year and I find it depressing when it's over, but I don't get as down as I used to. I am learning to appreciate it more while it's here and look forward to seeing the stuff again in a year. We used to play this guessing game when we took the stuff down during the years we moved so much. We'd ask, where will we be when we see this stuff again??? Hopefully it will still be Denver next year. I don't want to move again. At least not out of Colorado.

Long...we will be flying. Had some airline miles to use. Have the opportunity to fly first class round trip so we will fly. Only bad part about that is that we won't be taking our dog. DS and GF have two and DS says we can have his black lab puppy to train while we are down there. I think momma will take him up on the offer but only for two of the weeks.

Hey Long! I'll be in Denver the end of this week (I land late Wednesday night through Saturday). Any idea what the weather is supposed to be like? I have no idea what to pack. I can check weather.com, but thought I'd check with you first. I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency...are you anywhere near that???

Hi all,

I go to get my 5th fill tomorrow, I am soooo ready, hoping for some restriction. I am afraid of what they might say though, with me not having lost, just glad I didn't gain.

Lucy - My daughter is in Conway at the Human Developmental Center, so I pass through LR at least every other month. You did go through Texarkana, all we have are food joints and hotels!! We say we are on the way, on the way to Shrevport, Dallas, Oklahoma, & LR, LOL!

Allie, wow, you look like a daughter yourself.

long - congrats on the size 12 how wonderful!!!!!!

Z - sorry about your job, hopefully one will come soon. Maybe you can find some great clothes in FL. Especially with the after Christmas sales.

apples - I meant to tell you when you were describing your shape, I know what you mean. Last week my jeans just fell off me, but my gut is still hanging in there. My husband says he can tell my stomach is shrinking, I don't see it anywhere!! All arms, and legs, no behind, makes it hard to buy clothes. That is my shape anyway :)

Do you take Aleve? My friends daughter use to have kstones constantly and they finally traced them back to Aleve for her, she hasn't had one since. Just a thought. Hope you pass yours soon without to much trouble.

Iteach - we may have to have some private messages about Pampered chef. I love the stuff!!! I have most of it. My PC lady quit on me, we may have to talk :thumbup:

Well, hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. Safe travel and

Hi all,

I go to get my 5th fill tomorrow, I am soooo ready, hoping for some restriction. I am afraid of what they might say though, with me not having lost, just glad I didn't gain.

Lucy - My daughter is in Conway at the Human Developmental Center, so I pass through LR at least every other month. You did go through Texarkana, all we have are food joints and hotels!! We say we are on the way, on the way to Shrevport, Dallas, Oklahoma, & LR, LOL!

Allie, wow, you look like a daughter yourself.

long - congrats on the size 12 how wonderful!!!!!!

Z - sorry about your job, hopefully one will come soon. Maybe you can find some great clothes in FL. Especially with the after Christmas sales.

apples - I meant to tell you when you were describing your shape, I know what you mean. Last week my jeans just fell off me, but my gut is still hanging in there. My husband says he can tell my stomach is shrinking, I don't see it anywhere!! All arms, and legs, no behind, makes it hard to buy clothes. That is my shape anyway :)

Do you take Aleve? My friends daughter use to have kstones constantly and they finally traced them back to Aleve for her, she hasn't had one since. Just a thought. Hope you pass yours soon without to much trouble.

Iteach - we may have to have some private messages about Pampered chef. I love the stuff!!! I have most of it. My PC lady quit on me, we may have to talk :thumbup:

Well, hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. Safe travel and

Thanks for the advice one the Aleve but I take NOTHING besides Flinstones chewable, Biotin, vit E and viactiv which I just started taking last week. Have been turned inside out and upside down and they say there is nothing they can do. Just have to live with the inconvenience. Have not passed anything yet.

Just be patient on the shape thing...you'll be surprised how your tummy will shrink. I never thought I would get rid of mine but now I can tuck shirts in and not have to suck in at all. I feel very comfortable in my body. I lucked out and don't have much for extra skin. Nothing that really bothers me. I decided that if I could take this weight off and the extra skin was not too bad, I would accept. But, was ready to do PS if I had to..... just dreaded thinking about yet another surgery and am thankful I can look ahead without it.

Hope I pass this thing by morning...have a big day tomorrow. sleep tight everyone!