Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey greyhoundmom, sorry to hear you are struggling. I had reflux before the band and when I was pregnant. I have not had any since being banded, thank goodness. It's great that you and Dh are doing a fitness challenge, good luck.

Happy birthday brownbear.

Hi all! Just checking in on this cold Saturday night. It's been below zero that past few days, minus 35 with the windchill! One week from today I leave for Orlando, can't wait! Been busy all weekend packing my daughter and washing dozens of loads of laundry for her. I am still stuck on the scale and with those 3 pounds to get to Onderland. Can't get in for a fill until after my vacation.

Allie ~ I'm happy that you are back to your old self. And thanks for the prayers on the job search. It will be good to get away to FL for awhile. So depressing with the job market here in the Detroit area.

Grey~ Happy to hear from you, been wondering where you been.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Happy Bday Brownbear........hope you had a nice dinner with DH. We are having the time of our lives. Ok........I'm not a shy person. We have met sooooo many people in the last couple of days from all over the US> We think we will walk up to the office and book three months for next year already!

Hope all my June friends are having a good weekend. Life is good!

Good Morning Junies.. (I am whispering due to my very painful hangover) .. We went out with friends last night to Mohegan Sun and um let's just say, there were shots and they kept being put in front of me, and my hubby and me somehow got brought home around 3 a.m. and I have no idea where my car is :) I have to tell you guys something. I never realized exactly when I became invisible before my band. At some point when I had gotten to a certain point of being morbidly obese people no longer saw me. Last night, I was approached by 6 different men!!! I was like thinking what the hell is going on! LOL.. my hubby was freaking but very proud. It felt amazing! People see me now and from how it went last night some people like what they saw :wink2: I had a great time and realize that this new lifestyle of going out is hampering my weight loss. The drinks add up in calories but honestly I feel so great about the way I look and how I feel, I would be ok if I didn't lose another pound. The only place where I have any real weight left is in my tummy and that is because I need a Tummy Tuck. My oldest daughter was 10 pounds when she was born and I have some serious stretch marks. So it was a very fun night and I had such a great time. My hubby kept commenting about how hot I am,nothing better than that! xoxo

Sounds like you had a great time last night, Allie, but will be paying for it today. You would think they could come up with some kind of hangover meds that would work. I have to be sooooooooo careful when I drink with the band. A couple and I'm slurring...having fun...but slurring.

On the "invisible syndrome"...I notice that also. For 15 years and then, boom. Not just with men. I note that the snobby type women in our hometown overlooked me when I was heavy...guess I just was not important enought to talk to. When I lost weight, I now am good enough for them to direct their conversations my way. Ummmmmm...not interested at this time. In life, I want to talk to the person on the inside...not the outside.

Hi Junies,

I haven't been on for a couple weeks, its been pretty hectic lately. My loss has slowed so i've taken drastic steps to get it moving again. I'm exercising! Dh added me on his gym membership (he's been dying to do that) and we've been going to the gym everyday on the way home from work. I'm hoping it works and gets me dropping again. We do 30 - 45 mins of strength training then 30 mins of cardio. I hate to admit it but i'm actually enjoying it. Although I am a bit sore. I'm 30 pounds to from One-derland and hope I can get there by easter. I was resistant to going to the gym for obvious reasons like I didn't want people staring at me as the biggest person there but now i'm not the biggest or the slowest. It feels really good to walk on the treadmill faster and longer than the person next to me. I went to get some new clothes (story of my life now) to wear to the gym and was able to buy XL shirts, that was great. If I could get rid of my stomach I could drop my pants size. Its killing me! Anyway, glad to hear you are all keeping on and succeeding.

Hi Junies,

I have been lurking for a while but not posting. Been real busy at work and thats stressful. I worked all weekend but had friday off and will be off tomorrow. Weight loss continues to be at a snails pace but at least I am not gaining. I had a major confrontation with roast beef today for lunch and spend a half hour sliming into the toilet!:huh2: Of course I was at work and really hoping no one would come into the bathroom! So tonite I am gonna take it easy with Soup. I go get a fill tuesday and am looking forward to that, but dang, I need to slow down! I got some restriction but get too hungry and then I eat too fast. this is only the 2nd time its happened but its something to remember!!

Hope you Junies are all staying warm and some of you are enjoying vacations. Wish I had one!

One good thing, I just found out an online group that I belong to is having their annual reunion really close to where I live this year. I wasn't going to go due to the money situation but now I think I will since its so close. Now I have some motivation to drop even more lbs before this happens in June. Wonder if some of then won't recognize me, hehehe. I haven't told anyone so those whom I have met will be expecting me to look 40 lbs or more heavier than I do! Can't wait!!

Hey Junebugs, so nice to see some familiar faces back and posting!

Today I went to the National Western Stock show and Rodeo. Dh was given free tickets at work. He was last year too, but this year I could walk around so much more and I fit so much better in those tiny colisium seats. YAHOO!! We had lunch there, OMG the food was so expensive. I got a pulled pork sandwich and ate not even half the meat for $8.50!!!! DH & DS finished it so I didn't throw in away.

I am still stuck at 95 lbs. I want those next 5 so bad and the scale hasn't moved in over a week. GRRRR!!! I am missing the days of my big losses! But I will get there.

I can relate to having felt invisible in the past and now people talking to me. I went to a social function on Friday night and usually I'd just feel invisible in the corner. This time I never did get a chance to go talk to someone I saw and wanted to talk to. And in stores, clerks actually ask if they can help me in stores other than Lane Bryant.

Update!!! Since posting last night about being stuck, I woke up today to a loss!! WOOHOO!! I hit 96 lbs today. Getting closer. I have 2 huge milestones coming up. Of course, the first being 100 lbs lost in 4 more lbs, but then in 9 more pounds I hit Onderland!! I am so anxious about hitting those milestones that it seems to be taking forever, but realistically I know it's not.

CONGRATS LONG!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!:):thumbup::wink5::thumbup::ihih::thumbup::w00t::thumbup::lol::thumbup:

I am soooo excited for you girl! xoxox

Hey there June bugs...

I haven't been on here in forever, so I thought I'd drop by and say hello. I hope you're all doing well and getting closer to your weight loss goals.

As for me, I've been in Onederland for a few weeks now...I've lost a total of 75lbs since June and I've never felt better! I'm fitting into all my "skinny clothes" from 5 years ago and I only have another 20 lbs to reach goal!

My hubby is getting banded on the 27th, so I hope exercising with him will help me get off the last 20! Almost there! :)

Gosh, we are all doing really great! I think it's natural for the weight loss to slow but it is frustrating when it does. I am crawling right now with my weight loss, but I did finally make it to onederland as I told you all last week and now I'm sitting still. Well, let's all keep up the good work. I guess for me, I'm never going to change my eating lifestyle from what it is now, so I guess it doesn't matter how soon I get to my goal weight.

Love you all,

Susan

Hey Junies! Sounds like everyone is doing well. I so understand about feeling invisible. I've been overweight my whole life, and always tried to just "blend in", now I don't know what's going on when I'm out...it's weird and a tad bit uncomfortable.

Has anyone had a fill that was too tight? I got my fill on Friday and did liquids Friday and Saturday. I started soft food yesterday and couldn't get a scrambled egg down. I ate oatmeal for two meals and purreed chili for dinner. I woke up with a headache this morning and took two advil, not thinking at all...threw up the Water. I know the band is tighter in the morning, but, that's never happened before. I did try a scrambled egg again today and it went down. It just kind of feels like food is sitting, I'm burping a lot when eating. I've never felt like this before. I'm wondering if I should give it a couple of days and see how things go. Maybe stay on soft food again tomorrow??

On a positive note, the scale has started to move...I've lost 3 pounds since Friday :scared2: The scale is finally moving!! Only 5 more pounds until I hit 100!!!

Hey there..

I teach, it sounds to me like you are at your sweet spot. I know that sounds scary but that's how I feel when I am exactly where I need to be. I have to eat really slowly and eat very little and i burp ALOT. I can't eat anything in the morning.. around 11 I can eat a little lunch usually a little meat item in some type of sauce and maybe a veg. I eat under 2 cups of food a day probably closer to 1 to 1-1/2 cups of food a day.

I have been to tight and for me that is when you can't even swallow your own spit. Alot of others will say you are to tight now, but everyone is looking for different tightness. The tighter you are the faster you lose. It looks like from your weight loss you have done really well.

I get another fill on the 26th and I hope I am where you are now!!! xoxo :scared2:

Hey congrats to everyone...Way to go Long, you should be excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My weekly weigh in day is on Thursdays, so I will let you all know how I am doing. I have up'd my Water intake so I hope that helps. Feeling like I'm coming down with a sore throat and head cold right now. I hate being sick!!!:scared2:

Teach, I am not what I would consider real tight, but sometimes I have trouble with scrambled eggs, dkw? Also, I am like Allie, usually can't eat untill 10 or 11 in the morning.

Good luck everyone