Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Kathy - that is so awesome! You are right though - you have to do something for you every now and again. I'm glad you went and did something for you!

I think your idea is wonderful whosya. No matter how down you are - there is someone out there that is a lot worse of that you are.

Quick question for the pros out there. I often feel dehydrated and it's starting to take a toll on my muscles now that the runs are getting longer. Is there a bariatric version of Gatorade that's not loaded with sugar? What do you drink? I am drinking my Water and crystal light - about 48-60 ounces a day but some days it just doesn't seem like enough. Suggestions?

Great suggestion Whosya! My mom is a colon cancer survivor, so that hits close to home for me. That was a scary time for our family. I am definitely going to do that.

aclubb~ Gatorade makes a drink called G2. It has less calories than regular gatorade. I've tasted it before and it was pretty good. I feel like I'm not hydrated enough sometimes too. I don't carry Water with me when I run outside. I just need to focus on drinking more thoughout the day...it's always been a issue for me.

Aclubb... I really only drink Water throughout the day. I don't like the taste of sweet drinks... never have, so don't drink the energy drinks. Like Georgia, I don't carry water with me (yet), so do get very thirsty when I run. I'm going to have to get a water bottle & belt soon, but haven't yet. I drink about 6-8 cups of water a day, and when I forget to start drinking, my body tells me by about 2pm... as I get hungry and thirsty all together. Since being banded I never feel hungry, so I know its water I need. Also, on my run days (now pretty much most days) I have to have drank at least 4 cups of water that day before running... otherwise I won't make it.

I would suggest drinking more fluids than you are and front end load it (i.e. drink more in the early part of the day). Also, see if you are eating anything that will dehydrate you. I think some things do that... not sure though.

I just got back from my run. The rain stopped and the sun came out around lunch time, so it is an absolutely beautiful fall day... so I ran outside. Wow... the fall colours here in Ontario really are a beautiful sight and its so nice to run through the neighbourhood and see everyones gardens. Really energizes me! BTW, I pounded out cancer the whole way!!!

Tomorrow is my DH's birthday... so to celebrate... he took the day off work to spend with me and he wants to go for a run with me! How sweet is that. Of course, he'll have to slow down, as he runs around 6 mph and I only run at about 4.5 mph. Oh well! Its supposed to be a beautiful day too.

BTW, I'm attaching a cute pic of my 2 angels. Took it at the park on the weekend.

post-220980-13813137738315_thumb.jpg

There is nothing more motivating that new clothes that are smaller than the ones in your closet that lookk hot on you!! Way to go Kathy! You are going to look great at your new job!!

Kathy, I am excited, anxious, overwhelmed, and silly giddy about my surgery. Mostly I am just excited. 2 weeks from tommorow. I can't wait. I couldn't sleep last night lying in bed trying to picture my belly flat. i just can't do it. Even when I was very thin I had a poochy belly. My dr assures me that it will really be flat. I can't wait to see for myself. Here is the link to my PS thread. DH is going to call Georgiagirl after my surgery and give her the updates. She is goign to post to my PS thread, but I bet she will fill you guys in as well. Here is the link!! http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f12/renewedhope-headed-flatlands-76071/

DS and I went out for chinese tonight. I am really trying to do well on low carb so I ate meat only. No rice at all, and not much meat. I have been throwing up ever since. Chinese food is usually not hard for me to get down, and I haven't had great restriction lately. I am wondering if my long runs the last 2 days have caused my band to be a little tighter. I am a little worried about throwing it up though. Not real throw up. It is still undigested, but my body is "wretching" to get it out. I so don't want any band complications this close to ps, or ever for that matter. No more chinese for me. I hope this goes away soon. It is much better right now. Nothing has come up in about 10 minutes, but I still feel like it's right there.. Ok, Iknow, TMI, but who else do I tell all this to.

Renewed~ Yikes! Hope you feel better soon! And yes, I will update this group as well. You're going to look drop dead GORGEOUS!!

Kathy~ Your little angels are adorable! Congrats on the clothes! I'm sure you are going to be quite the hottie in the work place!!

Whosya~ You are such a great supporter!! And you inspire us a just a tiny bit too, lol!! YOU rock!!

Renewedhope, I was just telling my DH what happened to me today - it sounds similar to what you just described.

As i mentioned in anearlier post - I ran 3.5 miles this am for lunch I had some toasted bread - i really have never had problems with it before. I did however, have a band adjustment last week. I ate about 3 bites _ I expereinced my first SLIME and vomitting episode. It lasted about 45 minutes. I am wondering if the long run made my band tighter or if the adjustment 7 days ago just caught up to me.

Lessons learned:

The doctor was right NO BREAD ever

Running is good

Eat small bites

Adjustments work

Why do I alway shave to do things the hard way.:biggrin:

Okay...I have lurked this thread from the beginning, but after reading what Whosya said, I couldn't resist posting any longer.

A few of you may know that I am a recent cancer survivor (lymphoma). I finally got banded (the cancer is in my stomach) after a very long wait. I really want to run because I think there is something very liberating about running (plus I think runners are skinnier)!

I lack the confidence to even try it so far, so I read and live it through all of you. I love this thread, and I love how close you all are and the wonderful support you give each other.

Thank you Whosya, for the beautiful thing you're doing. I love it. I will do the same to my shoes...maybe not running just yet, but on my way!

~Carol

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi Turler - welcome!

Renewed - I agree with GG - Oh No! I hope you get to feeling better. Yikes!

Kathy - Your kids are beautiful. I hope ya'll had fun at the park. My kids love the park - their #1 choice of entertainment!

Georgia - our 5K is coming up soon! I am getting excited but am very nervous - cause I am not ready. I will be though

Lyn - Oh no! I've lived that lesson too - tried to eat toast with PB one time. It only takes once. I hope you didn't aggrivate it more than you needed.

Well - I got off my pity party wagon and did Zumba class tonight. At least I'm moving again. A day at a time right!? Thank you all for you kindness and support! I will be a runner! It is my 2008 late resolution...(I don't make resolutions)...but one that I will not give up on. I've been a quitter for most of my adult life - my life started over with my band. I'm not quitting this time and I will not be my own worst enemy. I'm looking forward to finishing my 1st 5K next month - the next one ladies (and gentlemen a.k.a. whosya) will be ran!

Hey Renewed! I have to say I was a little shocked by your post because I've been the same way today. I had a few bites of a late lunch and on the way to pick up my DD from school, I had to pull over and throw up. Like you it was undigested, but it felt like real vomiting. The same thing at dinner. Weird! I wasn't eating anything I hadn't been able to get down before. I also ran 5 miles yesterday which was more than I usually run. I didn't have time to run today, only to warm up and then lift weights. I wonder now if there is a correlation to running more than usual and our bands being tight. Cottage cheese even acted like it might not go down today. I ate a Protein Bar for Breakfast with no problems, but it was all down hill from there. I've also had the hiccups a lot today which is usually an indication that I've either eaten too much or too fast, both of which hasn't happened today. Interesting. I wonder if this has happened to other runners or people who exercise more than normal? Or is it the full moon? :) Anyway, you are not alone. I've got yoga tomorrow, but I'm going to try really hard to also get a run in as well. Let me know how you feel tomorrow.

Good night all!