Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Georgia - I hope the baby feels better! My daughter went through a stint last year where she was sick (with something or other) for like 2 months, so I feel your pain!

Kathy - good vibes headed your way!

Renewed - I was also told that you can get an adapter made by MarWare and use the Nike+ with any shoe.

Well, I did my first 30 minute interval yesterday! For the first time, I am a little sore today. I don't think I took enough time to stretch after I finished. But, I did 2.1 miles in that 30 minutes - woo hoo. If you include warm up and cool down, I'm up to about 2.6 miles total. Doing my first running 5k on the 18th. I'm not sure if I'll be able to run the whole thing, but it should be fun!

Georgia, How is your little boy this morning??

Kathy, sending a prayer up for you. You are having a great interview, I am sure.

Bea, Way to go. What good motivation for your 5k.

Leslie - Just get back up and keep going. I'm glad you chose to post even though it wasn't a great day! That's what we are here for!!

aclub, Way to go on a great first day!! Keep it up!

Georgia, How is your little boy this morning??

He seems a little better this morning. He's just laying around watching the Backyardigans. We did have a rough night though. DS and I ended up sleeping on the couch together. He didn't want to be left alone. This may sound strange, but I enjoyed it. It reminded me of when he was a baby and needed me. He's become quite independent and it was nice to hug up together.

Renewed~ Hope yours is feeling better soon. DS and I have had a rough time with staph too. The doctor thinks that both of us are carriers. DS first got it from a shot he received at the hospital and we've swapped it back and forth ever since. It's very hard to get rid of. Hope it heals soon.

Kathy~ Hope your interview went well!

Leslie~ Hope your back feels better soon. Take it easy for a while and hopefully it's just a kink or something.

aclubb~ Thanks. Congrats on your 30 minute interval! You're doing great!!

Bea~ I'm starting to train outside as well. It is much different, but I like it a lot better outside. I guess it's just nice because my mind can wonder and the time seems to go by faster for me. I dunno, but I prefer running outside. Good luck with the 5K at the end of the semester!

Today is my run day and I'm hoping I get to run. DH gets a long lunch today, so I'm hoping to do it then. Everyone is doing great!!

Thanks everyone... it helped! The interview went very well. I had an immediate rapport with the woman... it started with the fact our outfits were very similar! HAHA

I think I did well, so am really hopeful to get an offer. At the end of the interview as she was walking me back to reception, she said something about hoping the rain didn't mess up my day, so I mentioned that I had planned to run 5k that afternoon, but not if it was raining. So that started the conversation about running, my race and my plans to run another. She asked how I started training, so I told her about the C25k program, etc. It was a really cook conversation, that I know scored me brownie points.

The other cool thing was that when I told her I was a runner, there was no surprise reaction on her face... you know the one "You! You're a runner?" prejudging based on body shape. Her reaction was more, "wow, I admire runners". Tee Hee Hee!!!!

Aclubb... congrats... you are almost there... 30 min is awesome!

Bea... what a great challenge! Personally, I'm hooked on running outside. I find it really difficult now to run for any length of time on the treadmill. It is more difficult to run at a consistent speed outside, but I just get lost in the scenery and I can breath better and control my heart rate better. I think an indoor track would be good too.

Georgia... hope your son feels better soon. I hear you on the cuddle time. When my son started getting bigger I started to miss those moments. Good thing he still likes what I call "full body hugs" at bedtime... the kind where he just melts into my arms. My DD is still very young and small enough for good cuddles... but I'll miss it big time when she get older. I'm a very affectionate person, and love those tender moments with them.

Renewed... hope your son heals up soon! Nice that you took a break yesterday from running... your body probably needed it!

Leslie... hey girl, no worries! Take care of your back and don't push it if its not ready. Swimming would be good for it, or something that doesn't strain it. All in good time. As for "snacking" consider yourself on report! LOL, I'm not one to talk, as I'm currently eating chocolate! Post-interview celebratory binge!!!!!

No running planned for me today... its raining cats and dogs and I've got to get the kids early today for some appts.

Yeah Kathy!! Sounds like the interview went great!! I'm praying it works out for you.

DH had a 2 hour lunch today, so I went to the trail and ran. I went 2.6 miles. I probably ran 2 miles and walked 0.6 miles. I was pretty happy with that.

Have a great day everyone!

Ok, it's official, I am crazy. My in laws took the boys for the night so I decided that it is time to run. I used to work at the hospital here in town and it isn't that far, so I decided that I would run to the hospital. Both of my parents and by best friend work there, so if I don't want to run home then I can get one fo them to bring me. So off I go. I made really good time and made it to the hospital. It was 2.4 miles. So, I went in and neither my parents or my best friend were there. Well, I guess that decided it for me. It would have been smart to call ahead!! Anyway, I ran back home and then .2 miles on the treadmill for a total of 5.01 miles. My time was 48:37 (not including my walk inside the hospital to find my family and friend not there). My pace was 9:42 minute per mile. Wow, 5 miles. This was definately a Rocky moment, and yes I played it as I completed my workout!! whosya better lookout!!

Renewed... ok, you might be crazy, but at least you're getting great benefits from your insanity... and kickin' someone's butt in the process... no offense Whosya! Its a girl thing! LOL - you go for it Renewed!

Georgia... Excellent!!!

I have a very slim lead. Whosya 14.44 - Renewed - 19.93. That is, until he downloads his run. I'm sure my lead is short lived, but I am going to bask in it for the moment, and oh, it feels good.

Way to go renewed!! Kick his booty! A 9 minute mile!! Awesome! The best I've done so far is a 12 minute mile.

I did a 3 mile run/walk around the Jr. High by my house. It sits on top of a hill like some sort of fortress or prison! LOL! Anyway, I did that and boy were those hills steep. I tried to run up hill and walk if I needed to on the straights. Then this afternoon I did a 2 mile run on my treadmill.

You are all doing so great! Keep it up!

I did a 3 mile run/walk around the Jr. High by my house. It sits on top of a hill like some sort of fortress or prison! LOL! Anyway, I did that and boy were those hills steep. I tried to run up hill and walk if I needed to on the straights. Then this afternoon I did a 2 mile run on my treadmill.

You are all doing so great! Keep it up!

WTG Bea!! Great job!!!

Where is everyone. It seems our crew is dwindling lately.. COme out come out wherever you are!!

I was thinking the same thing. I sure hope this thread keeps going strong. It's my favorite thread on this entire site!!

Even if it's just the few of us, we will keep it going. It is my favorite thread on the site as well. I find so much support here, and we have all accomplished so much together. That makes us bonded. :eek: