Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy Junes First Fill Line up

:party:Jazzy Junes First Fill Lineup:party:

:unsure: 7-14 Huggie Bear, Long2bThin, greyhoundmom, eagerbandi

:( 7-15 ginas, Insky67, Irish Ladybug, Da Gramma

:mad: 7-16 kristiebandy, Doobee

:drool: 7-17 Navywife Jenn,nannypants, mamamarie

:drool: 7-18 LIZZARD

:drool: 7-21 Sassy V

:drool: 7-22 livn4jesus, mimieg, livn4jesus

:drool: 7-23 kkarryall, vzghj3, Cadets71

:drool: 7-24 rjtrimmer

:drool: 7-25 brownbear, lessme

:drool: 7-28 kiki220, CarrieD

:drool: 7-29 Phoenix, Greythope

:drool: 7-31 Jules K, iteachurkid

:drool: 8-4 snuffy65

:drool: 8-5 Kathystrick

:drool: 8-7 Nuali

:drool: 8-26 Phoenix

:drool: 8-29 kerryconner

:drool: 9-17 TX Diva

Jazzy Junes SECOND Fill Lineup

:drool: 7-18 cathychatts

:drool: 8-8 Whiskypie

Jazzy Junes THIRD Fill Lineup

:w00t: 7-31 Strikeuptheband

:party:FILLED Jazzy Junes :party:

:w00t: 7-1 Strikeuptheband

:w00t: 7-2 Cathychatts

:w00t: 7-7 TxJuneBug08

:w00t: 7-9 Amisha, Kizzie, whiskypie, rames767

:w00t: 7-10 gardengrl

:w00t: 7-11 ajpink, MUSIC MOM

:party:Filled AGAIN Jazzy Junes :party:

:w00t: 7-10 Strikeuptheband

Edited by Huggie Bear
updating

Good evening,

Well today was a much better day food wise! Calories were still in the 900's but that is a lot better than the 1400's of yesterday! I get my fill tomorrow and I plan to ask her what an ideal number of calories is. I did discover in my pig out yesterday that none of my redlight foods have changed, that being mostly chips. I can't leave them alone. And dang it if they don't go down the band just fine. Almost too fine as I didn't even feel full when I ate those yesterday.

I'm anxious for tomorrow, guess just the unknown but after tomorrow I will be an experienced bander with a fill! Well more of a fill I already had a 4cc prefill from surgery.

Greetings: It's so good to hear all of your stories, what a help this site has been for me. I lost 19 lbs lickety split after my surgery. Then a brick wall. For the past 3 weeks I haven't lost a lb. I haven't gained anything which I guess is good. I go for a fill next tuesday, the 22nd. I just found out that my Dr. only does fills every 6 months! Anyone ever heard of that? I'm worried about a six month lapse.

At my check up, I made a fill appt for July 24th. They told me I may not get one then, just depends on how things are going. I've noticed the last couple of days that I can eat alot more than I could a week ago. The swelling has definitely gone down.

I made an appointment for my 2nd fill before I've had my 1st :smile2:...

I'm headed back to TJ to Dr. Ortiz for the 1st fill on the 29th.

There is a Dr. in Flagstaff (two hours from here) that will do fills under fluoro, but I understood that he only did them once a month...so I made an appointment early (before I couldn't get one) knowing that I can reschedule if I don't need one.

2nd fill date is August 26th.

HOLY COW can this day go any slower???

I get my fill at 3!!!

I updated the list as best as I could... I have added a few that I have seen on other posts as well... If anyone notices anyone who is missing or on another thread that I have missed please feel free to edit the list or pm me so I can :(

ok is it 3 yet???

Only thing I am not looking forward to is weighing in while in the middle of my period :cursing:

ugh... that month off of my birth control pills messed up my schedule!!!

but no blood clots!! woo hoo

Just got home from my first fill. It went well, a little sting when she poked me. She first withdrew my prefill of 4cc to be sure it was all still there and it was and that was the weirdest sensation. then injected it back along with 3 cc more. She said I am doing great with my loss and losing at a rapid rate. I like that! Only thing I didn't like is she suspicious of my gall bladder, I have an achy feeling in that area so they are ordering an ultrasound to check it out. If it is bad, Dr. Snyder can do that surgery too so I am relieved by tha and insurance will pay for that. Just wish it would've acted up pre banding so i could've had it all done at the same time!

hi, just had my first fill today at 3 (just like you huggiebear!)! no big deal! my band was prefilled at surgery with 5cc's and since i'm losing weight already (not very fast but the scale is moving down) and i can't eat much - she only put .5 cc more in there. next fill, august 25th. my dr. requires Clear Liquids for 2 days and then full liquids for 2 days. bleck - liquids for the next 4 days. not looking forward to it. tho the scale will go down i'm sure!

it was a needle stick then a weird pulling sensation that was not painful. i felt it in my chest a bit but also not painful. having some tea and that is going down fine. with such a small fill, i don't expect much trouble. i have acid reflux tho so hopefully the fill process did not upset my stomach.

time will tell. this is an exciting day! i admit i was a bit anxious about this fill thing. piece of cake (oh, don't i wish... i do love cake).

Sounds like everyone's fills are going well! GREAT! I was talking with someone about the band and they said their weight loss was slow until the fills really took hold.

I found that to be very encouraging! My doc said I would loose slow with the band, but it would be steady. I am doing ok, but feel like I want food all the time. I am keeping my calories under 1200 and I know that is good. Actually, I haven't been on the scale for a few days. I am going to try to wait to weigh until I go for my next fill on Friday!

Long and Huggie and Greyhoundmom: I hope the fills find you in your sweet spot! You are righ

It, they are not bad at all. I started out with an empty band and have 3cc in it now. My doc said he likes to go slow.. :eek: NOT ME! I wanna go fast! :w00t:

Phoenix, Living4Jesus and rjtrimmer, just hang-on! the fill will come soon, just like waiting to be banded! Remember how anxious we all were! :(

I am looking forward to the fall and the Christmas post to see how much we change over a few months! I have looked at the April and May post to get an idea. Very encouraging! :cursing:

:confused_smile: 7-14 Huggie Bear, Long2bThin, greyhoundmom, eagerbandi, LMarie_MD2b

:smile2: 7-15 ginas, Insky67, Irish Ladybug, Da Gramma

:crying: 7-16 kristiebandy, Doobee

:angry: 7-17 Navywife Jenn,nannypants, mamamarie

:huh2: 7-18 LIZZARD

:lol: 7-21 Sassy V

:drool: 7-22 livn4jesus, mimieg, livn4jesus

Woot... I'm filled... it was not bad at all...

My dr does it under X-ray and there were some ppl in the room gettig trained (or med students) and everything was getting explained...

They located the port and then he had me push out with my stomache so he had something to push against to find it and it took him a miute to get the needle in the port... it was weird I could feel when the needle was pressing against the port :smile2:

He pulled out the 3cc prefill ad added another cc.... so I have 4 now...

He also has you drink some water.. and swallow barium under x-ray so he can see it go through the band...

He likes to be conservative ... so 1 cc every four weeks...

and 2 days liquid... 2 days mushies... 2 days soft... then real food

I go back on August 18th for second fill

I also have a new work out buddy from work... she is about 5'3'' and has 0 body fat.... but we met at the rec department and I did an hour on the eliptical machine... tomorrow we are doing 20 mins cardio and resistance training now that I am cleared for it...

Cleared to start donating blood again too... so Platelet appt on Fri :confused_smile:

Edited by Huggie Bear

I am scheduled for my first fill on July 17th!! All I can say is "thank goodness", cause I don't seem to ever get full!

:tongue_smilie: 7-16 kristiebandy, Doobee

:tt1: 7-17 Navywife Jenn,nannypants, mamamarie, Jillian68

:eek: 7-18 LIZZARD

:wink2: 7-21 Sassy V

:wub: 7-22 livn4jesus, mimieg

:w00t: 7-14 Huggie Bear, Long2bThin, greyhoundmom, eagerbandi, LMarie_MD2b

:w00t: 7-15 ginas, Insky67, Irish Ladybug, Da Gramma

i go in for check up on 8-13 dr said if everything looks good i have lose at least 6 pds they do a fill.

Hiya!!!

Had my first fill last friday and booked my next for september 13th.

It's so long cos I'm on holiday then the docs on holiday and that was the first chance we could get it together!!

Now I've been told they've added an extra date.

So I'm booked in for 2nd fill on August 16th...just 2 days after I get back from my holiday in Turkey!!!

I was filled to 2.5cc last time and Doc said he'd do the same the next. Then if I need it appointment still booked for Sept 13th for 3rd fill and will get a bit more!!

Hopefully then the real weightloss will start!!

Amanda :tongue_smilie: