Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Great...just wanted to pop on and say:

Happy Bandiversary to You (On the 5th)

Happy Bandiversary to You

Happy Bandiversary, Dear Lori

Happy Bandiversary to You....And Many More!

Where have these 2 yrs gone?????? You have done so well. Here's to wishing you continued success! Sending the love.

I second that!!!!!!!!!Congrats!!!!

Booooooo!......I just got back from weighing. This is my first week with no weight loss. I did double my exercise. And I went to class.......No Dr. Garth .....no nutritionist. They forgot to tell me the class was canceled today. Oh well, I did talk to the new RN that is in charge of the weight loss classes. She is one of the patients in Dr Davis' episodes. The one who lost like 150lbs and had plastic surgery. Wow, she looks good. I like talking to someone who understands the struggle of weight loss.

Laura, good idea on the cake. I pray for your dad when you mention him in your post. I hope we get good news on his PET scan.

Oh Phyl, how is your son? Is he the son in OK? I hope you post soon......praying for you and him.

MLW......Congrats! on your banding. 600 cals.....and an hour walk. Make sure you are getting enough nutrition. Your body will think you are starving, weigh loss will slow down. You have done great so far. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Apples, How did the dental appt go?

Julie, where are you?

Janet.....I got to 70 on farmville and that is as far as the levels go.......I am still gonna play. I might have to go back to farmtown and spruce up the place.

Judy, I am so happy for you and your success. What is the book about?

Okay, gang I better get busy and put some steps on my pedometer. Later!

Yep, Arlene... the son in OK, not the Navy Cmdr (he's in CA).. Steve is in Grove. He works for a mobile painting company, so he's all over, but back in Grove for the time being. I don't know what to think... yesterday I heard heart attack, stroke, heat stroke and anxiety attack! I am concerned because it started with severe chest pain and numbness in his arm. He says his left side was paralyzed, but today just tingling in his arms and legs. They gave him an Rx, but I don't think he's spelling it correctly... He kept saying, "hydrocholoro... pomoate". Haven't looked it up yet, but my sis did and she couldn't find anything close to that spelling. At any rate, they also told him he needs to see a doctor because he has high BP. He was told that about 4-5 years ago and never followed up. He has no health insurance and does not handle money well. So, of course, he's worried about how much it will cost him. And I worry about his follow through..... if he does get Rx for BP med, what are the chances he will consistently take it and continue to get refills. He is adopted.. and I am convinced, fetal alcohol syndrome. I just can't imagine him having the self discipline to put himself on a regimen of taking even ONE pill every day! And, problem with high BP is NO symptoms until you're in serious trouble.

So... that's my story! I had to get up early past two days for Dr. appts... esp today when I had to be there at 8 a.m.! SO I am exhausted and need a rest, but wanted to give you an update. Tomorrow I have to be at PT at 9 a.m. and Friday, LapBand surgeon (radiology) at 11 a.m. and they are about 65 miles away, so that will be an early start day, too. Can't wait for Saturday.. I am sleeping IN until at least 7:30 a.m., maybe later!

BTW... doc I saw today explained everything on my back x-rays, said the pool PT is perfect and gave me Rx for 12 more sessions. very nice fella, and quite interesting to look at... Indian, I think... fairly young, dark skinned with thick gray hair..but it was curly. Don't think I ever met anyone from India with curly hair. Not kinky, just very curly. Very pleasant personality. My DH says, "you're done already!??" when I came out. But, I think he spent a good 30 minutes with me... very thorough exam and slow, careful explanation of everything... sat me down at desk at the nurses' station and sat there with me explaining each x-ray... showed me bone spur, sliding disc, scoliosis (you were right about that, Laura), and another abnormality on S-1 .... a "breach" of some kind that could be a previous fracture, or maybe congenital defect.

Ahh thanks Apples for the 'Bandiversary' song this morning. Happy Bandiversary to you too! After all we first met on the June '08 boards. I can't believe that 2 yrs ago I was looking at surgery and reached goal weight in a year and have now been maintaining for the most part (if I don't count this past month's gain) for a year. Truly the best thing I've ever done, that and my knee replacements and I am a new woman!

today however, I am very sad and can't stop crying. The reality of the move has hit me. Took my son to the airport this morning and keep running to the bathroom to have a cry fest, I'm trying not to cry in front of DH. He feels bad for me and that it's his fault or he was selfish in taking this promotion. I keep reassuring him that I support him but just the process is hard. I am glad he said he couldn't travel this week and is in town as if he was gone too I'd be having a real tough time. The rest of our furniture is arriving tomorrow morning at 7am YIKES! I've been so tired since getting here think I am catching up on some sleep or something. DH has installed closet organizers for me to get my clothes unpacked and some kitchen cabinet organizers so in a day or two it will be much more settled in looking around here.

Cheri, I ahd to go back and look at the pics I missed after reading all the comments, you look great! Same height as me!

Phyl, hope DS follows through on his medical care.

Arlene, congrats on maintaining! You are doing so well.

Judy - Are you near Sanibel Island? I'm taking grandkids there in late July.

Would love to meet you.

Joyce

I know Laura is on the Atlantic side north of Miami a couple hours, so not too close.

Yesterday, Phyl, today is my turn. My DD called and she's at the ER having chest pains and side pains she called it. They think she had a gall bladder attack. Ran some tests and are taking a 'wait and see' approach since it was her first one and she's so young and skinny, does that make sense, nurses???

Yesterday, Phyl, today is my turn. My DD called and she's at the ER having chest pains and side pains she called it. They think she had a gall bladder attack. Ran some tests and are taking a 'wait and see' approach since it was her first one and she's so young and skinny, does that make sense, nurses???

Absolutely! My youngest sister, who is also a nurse, told me today that a doctor told her that even they sometimes can't tell the difference between a heart attack and a gall bladder attack. Gall bladder can be difficult to diagnose.

Thanks Phyl, they seemed pretty sure it was gall bladder related but also said it was unusual because she is so young and so thin. I had my gall bladder out right after my lap band but I never got the really bad attacks, just full of stones.

Oh she said something 3 F's of gall bladder: female, fat & forty that if you have all 3 it's pretty likely to be gall bladder.

Edited by Great2BThin

Phyl, hope DS follows thru with meds.

Great, had my gall bladder out many yrs ago. Didn't know HRT could cause gall stones til many yrs later. Have CRS and don't remember what test they put me thru to diag. it. You are a strong lady and will make it thru this too. Hang in there.

Laura K

MLW - Welcome - Weigh only once a week - yes it could be tom - don't worry - just keep following your doc orders..

Laura - Exercise doesn't have to be the gym - what you did today was exercise WTG - Hugs on Dad - maybe he will feel better after the chemo gets out of his system..

Charlene - How much have you lost since you been on this shake thing and how long has it been- you may just be hitting a plateau ... Did you have any extra's this past weekend - just keep doing what you are doing and it will come off..

Congrats on FV 70!!! Just get a new email address - sign up on fb w/that email address and start a new farm - I have GS email - but I just haven't had time to farm 2 farms - I use to when I 1st did farm town but alas my work load has changed and I don't have a private office anymore.. Ya you can't quit cuz you always ferterlize my crops :0)

Phyl - lol Retired and still not enough time :0)

Great Pre Happy Anniversary !!! On the gall bladder issue - my doc said that nuns usually don't get them - that's about not having kids - and the 3 F too.. It could be a hiatel herina too the symptom mimic a heart attack - my gall bladder hurt more in my back than my stomach - Keep us posted - Prayer..

Hugs on the move issues !!! I would imagine that would be very hard - I have never left the desert - Kid's did move - and I miss them but still have Andrew - and I love not having the responsibility of having to pick up the girls after school and stuff when they were at work

Well girls I gotta go color my hair - been to the gym and fed the dogs - Andrew's at work - will be back once I get my color on ;0)-

Thanks Phyl, they seemed pretty sure it was gall bladder related but also said it was unusual because she is so young and so thin. I had my gall bladder out right after my LAP-BAND® but I never got the really bad attacks, just full of stones.

Oh she said something 3 F's of gall bladder: female, fat & forty that if you have all 3 it's pretty likely to be gall bladder.

My sister, the Dr., referred to it as fertile, fat, and forty. Apparantly having had kids ups the odds.

Thanks Great, for the compliments.

Man, it cooled down outside. Tons of rain last night. Now the humidity and heat are both gone. Hope it lasts awhile. Turned off air and opened windows.

Gotta go to bed.

Cheri

Lori...Happy Bandiversary!! You are one of my inspirations! So sorry you are feeling down....I can understand being in a new town without your family. Now, it's only 535 miles away and you can do that drive in a day...or you can fly. I bet you will be back and forth often. HUGS!!

Apples, good luck tomorrow....hope it goes well and you have a great weekend at the lake.

Laura...it's so hard to watch your parents suffer, be depressed, etc...and there isn't anything you can do about it but let them know how much you love them. I'm sure your Mom and Dad both know that. Your exercise sounds wonderful...wish I could have joined you for that walk.

Cheri....I can't imagine not having air conditioning at work...it's HUMID where you live and it gets plenty hot...I would just melt. As hot as it gets in my desert, it is true what they say about it being a dry heat.

Janet....we should get together sometime this summer...and do a nice resort (cheap rates) and go shopping....think about it.

Phyl, sorry to hear about your son, I know you are worried. Hope he can get it together enough to take care of himself. Wow there is a lot going on with your back. Glad you got the pool PT perscription....sounds like a great way to help with the pain. Can't wait until my GF's pool is warm enough to go workout in.

Charlene....I just friended you on FB....cool. I actually just did a bunch of people. I think it's too overwhelming sometimes for me....too much stuff going on. You have been doing so well with the weight loss....it's just slowing down a bit and it will start again, don't worry. You have been doing fabulously.

LauraK...I'm going to post a picture of one of the agave's that is blooming right outside my south window. Since I know you like plants, thought you might like this.

Joyce, my brother is in Ft Meyers....DH and I went to Sanibel Island for the day when we were in Florida in February. It's pretty nice. Hope you have a really good time. Actually my neice might be there in July...she usually goes and hangs out on the beach every July.

Another fairly decent day at work. Didn't even work late or work through lunch today.

You guys know I listen to audio books a lot...I down load them on my computer and sync them to my MP3 player...well I have had nothing but trouble with it since I got this computer. I thought it was MS Media player, but DH suggested it my be the CD player its self. So, of course being the geek he is, he had a brand new one and exchanged it for the one I had. So far, so good. I've been able to download everything, even the CD's I couldn't download before. It's a small thing, but it's nice.

Did a small workout on my pilates machine today. I need to get back to that...maybe my back won't bother me so much. I have such a hard time keeping up a program. Just have to make myself do it. I'm looking forward to some pool time....that always helps.

It's getting late, hope everyone has a great night.

Eva

Charlene - How much have you lost since you been on this shake thing and how long has it been- you may just be hitting a plateau ... Did you have any extra's this past weekend - just keep doing what you are doing and it will come off..

Charlene....I just friended you on FB....cool. I actually just did a bunch of people. I think it's too overwhelming sometimes for me....too much stuff going on. You have been doing so well with the weight loss....it's just slowing down a bit and it will start again, don't worry. You have been doing fabulously.

Janet......I think had I taken my earings off would have lost a lb. My doc had me double my exercise. I admit I have cut back to three shakes and then 4oz of chicken and lettuce, but actually I am eating less calories. I do think I have hit a plateau. I will just stay on plan and it will change next week.

Eva, thanks for the props. I confirmed you this morning. I don't post except for my farmville stuff.

Well, we had major storms move in at 1:48am this morning. How do I know?.....my FM kicked in and every place on my body hurt and is still hurting....even my toes. I should be a weatherman. Moving is the best thing so I will put on my pedometer today and get to stepping......slow......but stepping.

Great, I hope your DD gets better. That is so painful, but hiatel hernia has a similar feeling except to me it does feel more like a heart attack. It is more localized . My gall bladder attacks went from the front to the back. Kinda like labor up high.

Apples, how are you feeling?

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hi, all.....

Wow...its been a while since posting but just finished reading posts from about a week ago....

Im glad everyone is doing well....or better!!

Great.....im sure you will have that house it tip top shape by next week!

Jessica...way to go on the 14 pds.

Linda and Laurak thanks for the infor and the encouragement.

Luara, oh...nooo puppies...I agree that puppies...are cute but not to have in your house until house broken!!! lol

As a dog owner..with an 11 yr old I can tell you.,,,its not the childs dog its your dog...and you are going to be taking care of it. Even when they are a little older. My daughter??? haha. I have to bribe her to walk and feed this dog. The only time she will do it willingly is when Im not home. Even then I have to tell her to.

Then again I live in an apt. so its a little more difficult. I would get a dog but know that Nelson will only love it and play with it. You mom will have another child to take care of.

Yes, fostering is a great way to get to know a pet without the commitment. You can foster short or long term. You can choose what type to foster....large, small, med...sometimes even pure breeds. You might give this a try till you find one you have to keep!! lol

(hopefully not all of them)

Joyce, no I dont eat orzo regularly..it was just in this mix..so you got maybe like a half of handful...lol. No whites....thats the motto. Ive been trying.,..and I think I found a spelt brand bread that i actually like and better still Dassi likes!! Been ecperimenting with Beans in the can from trader joes...they arent bad!!! Been mixing them with spices and qunioa or millet or bulger.

Janet, I know how you feel about your sister...when Ron died...Rons brother was administrator but I did all the work...and he wasnt even my husband any longer and I didnt get paid one cent. Did it so Dassi would be sure to get her money. Wasnt too sure that this brother was going to make sure that she was taken care of....turns out I was right....he took whatever came from his salary that was owed to him for himself.....the only thing that Dassi got was the insurance that had her name on as beneficiary but I had to do do alot of work to get it transferred out of insurance and into a guardian account with court..he would have let it sit in policy and she would have lost it all within 5 yrs when the market crashed again. At least she has this.. but we dont speak at all...not that we did before..now when I see him...I dont even look his way..Dassi doesnt even know he is her uncle as he doesnt call or see her or even send her a card on birthday...he is a miserable stupid ass. His other brother who lives in Israel and my sister in law....they have been wonderful...to both Dassi and me.. not financially as they dont have much themselves but emotionally and physically....they are real uncle and aunt! So....just keep your cool...it is not worth getting aggravated over!!

Apples, oh I hear you about the non inviters..showing up. When I was in the bungallow colony...everyone knew who what we call people who come but dont invite ever "shnurers" jewish word. In the colony it is such close proximities to everyone else you cant not invite...if you are BBQ or eating outside..everyone is passing by..stopping by and picking.....thats just the way it is....so shopping isnt just thinking about yourself...you have to prepare for all those passers by.,..or Snacks and stuff for when you are having mahjong marathons nightly...food was a big part of those nightly games...chit chat food and mahjohn. There are those that are never contributing..sharing etc. and that is frustrating!! Glad im not there this summer as Id gain all the weight back flost for sure!!! lol

New comers.....welcome. Hope you guys are doing well....

Cheri...thinking about you in this heat....no, I dont work without air conditioner....im not that devoted. Most classrooms here in NY do not have AC>...I would never work the summer program ever!!!! Crazy!! You are a saint.

Im glad that the everyones children seems to be doing okay..and the medical scares are not heart attacks...yes serious but can be managed...or treated...but heart attacks and strokes can be deadly so glad to hear that they werent!

Im going to say this again about the blood pressure pills and staying on treatment. My ex died because he refused to take the pills and see doctors even when he had insurance....you cannot force someone to take care of themselves..and you cannot control or take responsibility for someones actions other then your own. Please keep this in mind when feeling badly. Everyone has to take their health into their own account. Nothing more to say.....except I hope that everyone who needs to take medication for HBP does it! It wont be about "if" you will die it will be "when" Pass this message on to whom ever needs to hear it....I wont be unhappy.

Fire Island this past weekend was amazing. I love being in Ocean Beach. Last few years we were in Ocean Bay Park where there are houses, space and families. Ocean Beach has the town, life guards at the beach, cottages and houses next to each other and streets that are close in between the rows of houses on each side....so you can window peep in each as you walk down then road to either the beach or the town..depending on which way you walk....as one end is the beach and one end is the town and then the bay.,...oh yes and I forgot....there is a big childrens playground on sand at the end of our block a block behind town. Couldn't ask for a more perfect location as far as blocks....life guards on one side..and park on the other....town in between!

Whats really amazing is the DEER, they roam free....you are not allowed to touch or feed them as feeding them kills them....in the winter when all vacationers go home they would starve as there is no one to feed them in winter so no feeding the deer is allowed. They walk next to you....or sit in your yard. Yesturday I came home and there were two babies and a mother sleeping next to our deck. Most of the properties are fenced in so deer cant get in...but in the back its open from the house in back...and they enter there and lay in the back of deck. We sat and watched them for about an hour....or so. So beutiful and peaceful.

Our little room is at the back of the house. Separate from the main house. It has a bathroom and shower and big enough for two singles and a single air mattress on the floor. The main house has three bedrooms and one bath and shower that everyone has to share. We have the backhouse because I have the dog and she isnt allowed in main house. Yea for us. lol I wouldn't have done this share..if I couldn't bring the dog or we were in the main house with all the yacking kids! Each room houses a family..which could mean up to two adults and sometimes three kids...and there are three bedrooms meaning three of these families...a mad house! Too many kids!! Too many people for a small house. Not a big house. Small kitchen, living area and dining area. Not big...too many people, not enough bathrooms and too little space,....when its raining or night time its a zoo. So,,,, the deal was separate and not equal lol. We get our own bath and shower and get to escape the zoo when we want and sleep late...not be woken by the chit chat and bickering of kids..lol

The nice thing about being in town...and with life guards and a childrens park...you guessed it....Dassi can be independent. She can go where she wants when she wants without me. She just needs to let me know where she is when. Cell phones are good for something after all! oh...wait one more perk for us....her friend from her old school who owns a house lives on the next block over from where our share is..sooooo she has her and so far they've been hanging out together running to either of the above places plus running to each others houses all day long......its a nice life the kids have!!!

As for us...well now that Dassi is independent that means that we are too!!! WOO HOO

We get to run from town to the beach to the house in between all day as well! This also means spending money as town has two things that are enticing..quaint little shops, crafts, clothing, restuarants, bars and two main grocery stores and a community center that has a makeshift movie theartre. The town is only about three to four blocks..spent some more money then would have liked to and certainly more then if we were a mile from town!!

Every two minutes we are getting...coffee, food, ice cream..supplies....clothes etc etc lol

Im hoping that calms down next time we go or ill be broke by mid summer for sure.

The weather this past holiday weekend was amazing!

Sunny and warm! A little cold at night but doable.

We like sunny..when it rains..omg its horrid so we pray for sun. ( sorry)

rain and beach..not good.

Sun and beach.....perfect

Shabbat was nice, relaxing and the food was good. I cooked lol BBQ....yes that is the way to do it on FIre Island.....the only way!!! lol Been beefing up the grilling healthy recipes. This week all week by the way on food network is grilling week.

Been very good on my food plan. Did not deviate. Did not eat junk or candy or whatevers that everyone else brought. Walked a lot so got exercise and ate planned snacks....fat free, sugar free icecream. 140 cal a half of cup, Was happy with this planned snack daily as part of the days food.

well I must run now to work. My little boy has been sick so....not much teaching going on there this week...bored to death.

okay....have a great day! '

Jods

Good morning! The 2nd moving van arrived bright and early at 7am and was gone by 8, we had so few things on that truck but it is nice to have it all or so we think. I can't find my pants! Seriously a whole wardrobe box of all my jeans, dress slacks etc. is missing or DH combined them with his so I am off to scour his closet to be sure before I call the moving company. Got my capri pants and the ones I had packed in a suitcase for the journey so at least I have something to wear.

Having a tough morning, as DH left for work as soon as the moving van left so it's my first time all alone in the new place. ON the one hand I am enjoying the peace and quiet but on the other am feeling all alone and missing Denver.

Jodi, your place at Fire Island sounds wonderful Those will be memories Dassi will cherish. When I was growing up my grandparents had cottages in northern Wisconsin. We went almost every weekend, I cherish those memories. Similar for DH he went to his grandparents farm every summer and those are his favorite memories. For my kids it's our weekends camping.

Eva, you sound very busy. Glad you checked in though. If you and Janet make a shopping weekend trip, let me know I might be able to swing a meet! I'm not that far now.