Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

PJ...I know you already got an answer to the Bells Palsy question. I had it twice. Once when I was in my early 30's and early 40's. Lasted about 2 weeks each time. Affected one side of my face (didn't move) and my speech. No lasting affects.

Janet....now, that was one hell of a day! Sh_t happens...literally in your case. Have a good night's sleep and try to put it all out of your mind if you can. No reinsurance company???? That's crazy. Can they spell Errors and Omissions case???????

Great...sounds like your day wasn't much better. Hope tomorrow is better for both of you.

Good night all....sleep tight. :rolleyes:

That bit of news makes me feel alot better. The Dr told him it could last 6 weeks to 6 months. Praying for a short time.

I sent you a friend request on facebook...my name is Pam :rolleyes:

Aww...I didn't omit you, Laura...look back at my long post.

OMG...just went out and opened my BBQ grill and a mouse jumped out and landed on my belt and fell down on my sandal. Freaked!:rolleyes:

lol...i would have died!! once in Okinawa, we had geckos really bad over there. i picked up an Iron skillet to dry it and a gecko ran up my arm, the Iron skillet went flying in the air :rolleyes:

Joyce, I like your tattoo idea....don't think I'd want it notarized either...LOL.

PJ...gecko up the arm would freak me out too...not that I'm afraid of them, but the startle you and they have those sharp little claw feet...yuck.

Linda

lol...i am hungry now after reading what you made for dinner last night. would you post your broccoli salad recipe? sounds delish!!

we will look lovely in our new dresses for the wedding. i can't remember the last time i bought or wore a dress.

went out to eat dinner after work with a friend, ( mexican ) :rolleyes: I had one beef enchilada and some chips. on the way home i stopped at the high school track and walked 5 laps. i was 159 this morning, anxious to see what it says in the morning.

everyone have a safe and wonderful weekend. tomorrow after work i'm going to my granddaughters softball game...saturday I'm having tires rotated, oil changed, nails done, pedicure and shop a little for size 14 pants, 16 or too loose. sunday i'm going with 2 girlfriends to the Scarborough Renaissance Festival. monday..grocery shop for the week and relax.

hugsss...be safe everyone.

Good Morning Gang

Cheri - Fantastic Pictures !! You are one beautiful woman !!!

Melissa - Snacks - mini 100 cal popcorn - Jerky - deli sliced ham or turkey oscar myers - 6 slices have 45 -50 cal - make wraps w/lettuce and you can add 2% cheese has 45 cal . Humus 2 oz 50 - 70 cal depending on type - with crackers made from nuts (nuthouse is the brand) 16 cracker for like 130 cal - look in the cracker isle. Apples, carrots celery, bell peppers - you can use the veggies to dip in the hummus too - I love the garlic one.

Lori - hugs on the storm & car damage - hope you are in UT by now and things have calmed down..

Eva - last week pool was good but it's cooled down again - haven't ck'd the temp - but we are suppose to get back in to the 100 this weekend - yes we have been having weird weather - it's been 26 degrees lower than our normal for this time of year - but not complaining - it will be hot enough soon enough... Windy right now -

Yesterday was unevenful - so happy about that - have funeral tonite for gf sil -

Oh you guys know that cabot cheese (reduced fat that taste good) well it melts too !!

dinner last night - ground turkey bell peppers onion pablano chiles - cumin - chilli powder (tad) - turmeric - garlic can of ff refried Beans - 1/4 cup salsa - 4 cheeses (200 cal) - one pot wonder - ate 3/4 cup - it was good and filling

Sorry for the drive by - but gotta hit the showers..

Jessica - love the tattoo - I have a sun on my ankle would like another one - my grandkids intitials A K B designed some how in like a heart or some thing - but don't know where I would put it ...

ok I gotta go it's almost 6...

CBL

Eva - would love to meet you when you drive thru in November. I'll give you my phone number to call when time is nearer thru PM.

Pam - way to go - good weigh in # and a walk after mexican dinner. You inspire me.

Eva, thanks on the props. I am staying home this weekend except for going to my GD's soccer game.

I went to the Dr Davis today to get my pep talk. He is teaching our class next week. I just love him. He told me that if I cook chicken to be sure and get the hormone free. I started buying hormone free a few years ago because I think that is one reason our society is so unhealthy. If it makes chickens fat then it is bound to make us fat.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Weekend! Don't forget to fly your flag!

Me, Me 2, Me B4

Cheri you look HOT!:rolleyes: Way to go.

Evening Ladies, I had my surgeon appt this morning. I lost 14 pounds in 4 weeks! We were both very excited. He said he would do a fill if I wanted and after discussing it with him I decided I didn't want one. I am doing great and would hate to get too tight and set myself back. Plus I would like to save it for a rainy day. In case I hit a platue. Just about everyone in the office came in to say how great I was doing. It feels good to finally have some success with my weight after fighting it for years.

I am starting to grasp that the battle is in my thinking. Is comfort food really comforting if it makes us fat and guilty and miserable? Does it really taste that good to be worth all I have sacrificed for it? I think of all I gave up for comfort in food only to realize I found no comfort in it at all. I only found guilt, shame and disappointment.

My leg is feeling great now. I am still waiting the rest of my 6 weeks though. I do understand it is still injured even though it doesn't feel like it.

My husband was having lower back pain that sounded like sciatica. He went to a chiropractor who told him he had a bulged disc in his back. He also said it would be fine with a few adjustments and turned Don down when he asked for pain meds. The man can't even sleep he is in so much pain. I sent Don to the family doc today and now he has pain meds, anti-inflammatories, and a muscle relaxer. He went and had x-rays done and we are waiting to hear back. He is so upset he can't ride his motorcycle and we may have to cancel our vacation. We were planning to ride through the mountains over July 4th weekend. I am just worried about wether or not he needs surgery. He has been sleeping on my sons extra bed because we have been using an airbed. I wanted to go get mattresses from my inlaws but no one can help me get them down the stairs. I need to stop stressing myself out. We are just waiting on a call from the doc. ttyl

Evening Ladies, I had my surgeon appt this morning. I lost 14 pounds in 4 weeks! We were both very excited. He said he would do a fill if I wanted and after discussing it with him I decided I didn't want one. I am doing great and would hate to get too tight and set myself back. Plus I would like to save it for a rainy day. In case I hit a platue. Just about everyone in the office came in to say how great I was doing. It feels good to finally have some success with my weight after fighting it for years.

Congrats Jessica! Awesome weight loss!

Evening Ladies, I had my surgeon appt this morning. I lost 14 pounds in 4 weeks! We were both very excited. He said he would do a fill if I wanted and after discussing it with him I decided I didn't want one. I am doing great and would hate to get too tight and set myself back. Plus I would like to save it for a rainy day. In case I hit a plateau. Just about everyone in the office came in to say how great I was doing. It feels good to finally have some success with my weight after fighting it for years.

Congrats Jessica! Awesome weight loss!

Add my congrats to that, Jessica!

You're doing a GREAT job and making so many life changing decisions!

Jessica,

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!

Thanks, everyone, for the compliments.

Cheri

Jessica - wow 14 lbs. is marvelous. Congrats, girl.

Sorry your DH is having back problems/pain. My DH slept in a Lazyboy for 6 months due to back pain. Sending prayers for him.

Sex and the City was marvelous. Eye candy and a chick flick. I highly recommend it for entertainment and relaxation.

Good Morning Gang..

Jessica WTG I just love reading your post - you are just our little butterfly ;0) !!!! Hugs on dh back - hope he gets some relief.. - My doc won't give you a fill if you are losing weight - as you know being too tight is the pits..

Joyce - I want to see Sex in the City- but I hate crowded shows - hopefully will be going to an early one this weekend - my gf is sick so we will see..

Charlene - I bet Dr D would be great very motivations.. You are doing so well..

I saw on FB Great is in UT ;0) haven't looked since yesterday to see if there are any latest update.

We have a few gone for the weekend - so I bet the thread will be quite - I'm around not doing anything ..

Have gym this a.m. then got to go to bro's house and do what I can - not going to worry about it - the guy who's buying it - is going to gut it anyway - so he can throw away what's left - hell he got a steal on it anyway ;0)