Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet, sorry about the sis issues. That sucks when they act like that. My Bro did the same thing when my dad died. Keep begging my mom to get things set up and in writing so we don't have to go thru that again. Now that there is steps involved it really needs to be done.

Jessica, go to re-sale shops for your clothes right now. So much cheaper since you will be out of them soon also.

Eva, we sound like twins. I have been doing lots of weeding and planting this weekend, I guess all week. I built a new bed today, all hostas. I was just about finished and it started to rain super hard. Oh well got my shower in for the day. lol

Laura K

Hey Gang.......I hope y'all all had a great weekend. I went to GD's soccer game and then chilled the rest of the weekend except for walking and riding my bike. I watched the marathon on the History Channel......AMERICA , THE STORY OF US. Tonight is the last episode. It covers from the pilgrims to now....awesome series.

I did really good on food this weekend except for a few crackers and some veggies. I did not eat anything sweet.....I did make good choices. I have to weigh in a couple of day. I hope I lost a lb.

Jessica.....yep, I think the ankle would be an ideal spot.

Eva and Laura K.......I admire anyone who likes to weed and plant. I love my flower beds, but I had them done. I did buy the flowers.....begonias......red, white, and pink.

Janet, where's Andrew? Why isn't he walking his dog? Those pitbull type of dogs have lots of energy and need to be able to run. At least you have a nice fenced yard for him. Does he dig up your plants?

I had a 2 vicodin night last night. At least I slept...a lot and this morning, besides the hang over, I'm feeling quite a bit better.

So much so, I went out in the more than 90 degree sunshine and planted a lantana that has been sitting in it's nursery pot in it's future hole for a month. I also did some more weed removal from my front rock pile. All in all a good morning. I really don't want to get too carried away today because I think my back issues yesterday may have been aggravated by the weed work at my sister's.

For some reason, I seem to crave the heat and sunshine...I will wait until it's hot before I go out and do stuff in the yard....when I come inside it feels so good. I think all my muscles stretch better in the heat. I've heard about yoga done at more than 100 degrees to help with the stretching. I remember back when I had grass (a different house), I would wait until noon before I'd go outside and move the grass...it would be so hot, but I seem to like it in small doses.

We are going to a friends today for a little BBQ (vegetarian style). These are some of the FNSC people and I haven't seen them in quite a while so I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great Memorial day!

Thanks to all that serve our country in what ever capacity it is and to those who have given their lives.

Eva

Eva - Andrew walk the dog - rarely !!! He'll play fetch with him but that's about it..

OMG you like the heat - we were 105 yesterday and 102 today.. It's not that hot yet - but it's coming - pool said 80 - that's swiming temp..

Just wanted to say welcome and good luck on your surgery.

These ladies have really helped me when I feel low.

I have spent the past 3 days in the florida sunshine. Only about 5 minutes of rain. Really getting back into the book series I am reading (twilight). Finished the book Women food and God and have another one coming by Dr. Garth Davis. It is about WLS. While searching I discovered that Muhummad Ali's daughter has a LAP-BAND® and a book out about it. I will be getting it next.

My tattoo is going on my ankle. I thought with my uniform pants and socks I could cover it well while I am working. Outside School/work, I live in flip flops and sandals so I'll see it often as a reminder never to go back into myself and to 260 lbs.

My son is graduating friday. I went through my closet to find something dressy and only one summer dress fit. Nothing else. I have no dress slacks or dress shirts, skirts. Nada. I will just have to buy things as I go. Not going to go out and get a whole new wardrobe yet. Good will is just around the corner.

Jessica - My GD's got out of school last friday - they start like middle of August - my Brooke graduated too ;0)..

Yes Ali's DD had lapband - KHALIAH ALI, DAUGHTER OF MUHAMMAD ALI, LEADS OBESITY HEALTH EDUCATION CAMPAIGN - with video

Yep don't buy to many clothes till you get to goal.

Janet, sorry about the sis issues. That sucks when they act like that. My Bro did the same thing when my dad died. Keep begging my mom to get things set up and in writing so we don't have to go thru that again. Now that there is steps involved it really needs to be done.

Jessica, go to re-sale shops for your clothes right now. So much cheaper since you will be out of them soon also.

Eva, we sound like twins. I have been doing lots of weeding and planting this weekend, I guess all week. I built a new bed today, all hostas. I was just about finished and it started to rain super hard. Oh well got my shower in for the day. lol

Laura K

LauraK there was a will/trust - but he made it when he was doing drugs - thought he was howard hughes rich - left stuff to charity.. The problem is my sis (same mom's diff dad's) just had to be co administrator - I think it comes from her feeling that my dad should have left her $$ - he made his money w/my stepmom - and she will get paid just as much as me and hasn't done crap...

The most gardening I do is plant my roses and cut them :0) the gardener does the rest :0)

Well gang went to the show - Sex & City 2 - guess it was a good movie - saw the beginning and the end - missed the middle - fell asleep ;0) - will have to wait for dvd to come out to see what I missed..

Had gym at 5 and I am pooped - work tomorrow - need to go veg..

Hugs..

Hey Gang.......I hope y'all all had a great weekend. I went to GD's soccer game and then chilled the rest of the weekend except for walking and riding my bike. I watched the marathon on the History Channel......AMERICA , THE STORY OF US. Tonight is the last episode. It covers from the pilgrims to now....awesome series.

I did really good on food this weekend except for a few crackers and some veggies. I did not eat anything sweet.....I did make good choices. I have to weigh in a couple of day. I hope I lost a lb.

Jessica.....yep, I think the ankle would be an ideal spot.

Eva and Laura K.......I admire anyone who likes to weed and plant. I love my flower beds, but I had them done. I did buy the flowers.....begonias......red, white, and pink.

Hi Crsti

You found the right place by coming here - we have a good mix of seasoned banders and some fairly new newbies..

On the main home page there is a food section - plus we will give advice too ;0) what worked for us..

Congrats on your date - (tues) you will be in our prayer for a safe surgery and speedy recovery..

Hugs - Janet

Laura - ya it runs in 3's ;0) - my power source crashed a while a go - I got a click it to back up now - my computer is about 6 or 5 yrs old - so who know's when it will die..

Laura - don't you have any gf in FL... How long have you lived there.. You need some local gf - but Vickey wasn't a friend till we started to workout together - so I guess maybe that's why it works - we both want to work out and be accountable - my other gf - hell no..

Well need to get my butt in gear so I can come home and vegge..

CBL

Janet~ yeah, I have tons of GF but none that I could do the ck thing with. : ) I have MANY who are complete health nuts and go to the gym all the time. (never at time I go though)- hell would miss their own wedding not to miss their workout, if you know what I mean. They remind me in many ways of your trainer not getting the food addiction. They just never had the problem. Then I have a TON of friends who GET both (food addiction and not liking to exercise), but sadly none of them have decided to get on the boat with health lately. M (the mother of Nick/ nels' BFF) and I used to work out every morning at the Y together (2 yrs ago). She move in with the father of her son. He is 6ft 3 and 350-375 - a TANK and eats like a horse. She doesn't cook and they eat out A LOT. (not healthy places either) They like IHOP, Cracker Barell, BBQ places, Wings and beer,etc. Since they moved in together she has gained 30 or so (she was 230-40 before)and can barely wear a lot of her clothes. She keeps saying she wants to start working out again but won't make a firm plan so I stopped asking. My DH said he would make a fund for something I want that is purely extra, like a bag or jewelry. He will put $20 in every time I go to the gym and nada if I don't. Not sure it will have the same impact. : )

~~~Yeah, think I will wait on the puppy thing. I know how much work they are, and it doesn't always cancel it out in how cute they are..LOL. I wish you could just rent a dog for a weekend every month. Maybe that would be enough for me.

~~Nels had been asking to go to BeniHana for weeks now (Japanese restaurant where they cook in front of you). So DH had made res. for today @530. I was just lovely. We had a waterview table and the other two couples were nice, but just like us weren't really interested in chit chat with them. Just felt like enjoying my gin and tonic and my boys and the view. Nels was so hungry he ate his whole bowl of chicken fried rice and asked for mine! I had only eaten 4 tiny bites, so I scraped maybe 3 more bites onto my plate and gave it to him. He just smiled! Thanks mommy, you are the best!!! (I didn't need/want it anyways) Then when his entree part came he was full. But it will be a perfect meal for him tomorrow. It's one of the only doggy bags I get, b/c he loves it so. I had mainly just Protein. gave DH half of my seafood lovers one. (had lobster tail, colossal shrimp, and scallops) It was perfect and delicious. I love the ginger/onion dipping sauce. Their food is heavy though and doesn't always agree with me. They use too much sesame oil and garlic butter. but it tastes sooooo good. : )

~~I did ok with food this weekend. Didnt do great, but did not go out of control. It was like a main.day. Sometimes you know you just can't do the low low calories. I've been having too many of these days lately. I need to get back at exercise consistently. I am proud that I have not gained even one pound here lately.

Crsti~~Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! We don't know much about you yet, but know that we will anxiously await your return to tell us how you did. We've all been there- so when you have questions, just throw them at us.

Eva~hope your back is ok. I don't get that great connection and pride by planting stuff. I get dirty nails and a sore body. ; ) My landscaper loves me (not that way..LOL) but he enjoys his job and will talk with me about my plants and plans anytime. The Vegan BBQ sounds weird but interesting. Like grilled veggie burgers and veggie kabobs? How did it go?

Great~ Saw ur FB post, so I know you are alive! Glad the move is over. Glad you are safe and sound. Enjoy getting settled. We miss you. : )

Apples~ We miss your smiling face and witty repertoire. Hope you had a fab time at the lake. Take some pics next time if you didn't this time!!!

I might need a cake idea from you. Nelson's kindergarten graduation is the 11th. After the ceremony we are having a party at my house. 5 of the other kids who are graduating and their parents. one set of grandparents (b/c I can't be rude) Started as just come over for a beer and let the kids swim. Now it's.... decorations and a menu. I still want to keep it low key. It's for the KIDS, they are happy with a bowl of chips and a candy bowl! I also want to get a grad present that they can keep forever, like a frame with place for hand print and grad photo. I need to do some research online for that.

ok... now I am finally getting sleepy. I was staring at the ceiling for an hour and finally got up. Hope I can fall asleep.

Talk to you guys tomorrow.

peasout, Laura

Laura--go to Petfinder.com, type in your zipcode, and find what dog rescue groups are in your area. They may have a foster program. You foster a dog (they usually provide food and meds, if necessary) until a forever home is found. I have done this many,many times and yes, it is hard to give the dog up, but when you know the next home is a wonderful one and you can now save another one by fostering, it's not bad.

Concerning puppies--my philosophy is--God made puppies cute so we don't kill them.

I had a good food weekend. Sometimes I think I am not eating enough and that's why the scale has stalled. I did have trouble with the ribs I made. Bitsy was very happy to get the leftovers.

Good morning from Utah! I have arrived and am in my new house. Last night was our 2nd night spent in it. I have a huge mess. Boxes and paper everywhere. DD & her DH left yesterday and it was the hardest thing saying good bye. I have this fear that he won't ever want to come see his in laws and therefore she won't be able to come either or something. She said he loved it out here though. He was great, he got our internet all hooked up before they left. I was able to post status updates once in awhile on FB from McD's or something like that that had free wireless. My son is still here and leaves tomorrow, then it will really hit when I am here all alone, DH goes to work and here I'll be. I love the new house though, I have most of my kitchen boxes unpacked but have stuff all over the counters etc. trying to decide the best spot for it. My bedroom is a mess as DH is building me closet organizers and is almost done but the shelves aren't in it yet and he did go into work for a few hours today.

I am still worried about the house in Denver and the hail damage. DH is calling the insurance back today as we got a voice mail on Friday at our house closing and haven't been able to call back with the holiday weekend.

Oh our closing and stuff here went great. We got a 10am closing on Friday and they were able to record that day so we got the keys that afternoon. Then our moving van driver asked if it would be okay if he deliverd our stuff on Sat. instead of waiting til Tues. (today). Heck yes! Otherwise we'd be sitting here waiting for stuff all weekend so it was nice to get it delivered.

DD and her DH were funny, they wanted to go to Ikea for some stuff to deck out their townhome. They left with such a load to drive back with, they got bedroom furniture, office furniture, plants, pictures, lighting, etc. That stuff is just their style and it's so cheap it's great for newlyweds or folks just starting out. I am going there today to get some organization stuff for my kitchen cabinets.

Weight wise, I unpacked my scale and stepped on it. NOT PRETTY!! I am cutting myself some slack this week yet but then next week, and you heard it here, I need accountablity! I WILL BE BACK ON TRACK EXERCISE AND ALL!!

Haven't totally caught up on posts, but wanted to say about puppies, Love them! Was great to have my kids grow up with dogs, but the work will be mostly yours. If you don't want to go through the puppy training what about adopting about a 6mos to year old one?

Afternoon everyone,

Got to the fitness center this morning and worked out. Still resting my leg though. It was a little difficult because I didn't go this weekend and negative thoughts began to seep in. I fought them off and did it. Still working on eatting at the table instead of the computer desk. It's so boring over there. Had some junk yesterday and that's just what it tasted like. Nasty. My tastebuds are definately changing. Next time I will be more inclined to make the right choice. I was looking for soy crisp couldn't find them so grabbed a bag of regular chips. They didn't taste like I remembered. I actually checked the expiration date to make sure they weren't stale or something.

Don's back is feeling a little bit better. Still can't ride the motorcycle though. Vacation is coming up quick too.

Just went online and ordered a Starter Pack from Great Tasting New Lifestyle Diet. Only $19.95 (free shipping) and it comes with 9 shakes, 2 bars and 2 Hot Drinks. High Protein, low carbs. Anyone ever hear of it? I thought I'd give it a try to see how it tastes....

Just went online and ordered a Starter Pack from Great Tasting New Lifestyle Diet. Only $19.95 (free shipping) and it comes with 9 shakes, 2 bars and 2 hot drinks. High Protein, low carbs. Anyone ever hear of it? I thought I'd give it a try to see how it tastes....

I bought New Lifestyle shakes about three years ago before my band. I did not like them, but at that time I didn't like any Protein Shakes. I have since acquired a taste for shakes. I never tried their bars or hot drinks.

Congrats on the 10lb loss!:rolleyes:

A great big "Hi" from MN...

Was a very nice weekend. Lots of company but still was able to get some rest and also work on putting in some stone tiles to finish off our projects around our new deck. Also, DH and a buddy were able to complete some carpentry work.

Did not get home until about 1pm today. DH was able to be with me the entire weekend and also did not come home until this morning. Now that all our projects are completed, he can finally put his feet up and relax. The wheels are turning in his head though with planning a "Breaking in the Deck" party. I begged him to just keep it simple. He wants to invite everyone in our resort....I, on the other hand, just want friends we associate with on a regular basis. (Not sure why the tables are turned on this one...I'm usually the one that does not hold back when entertaining for large crowds). I guess I can answer that on one level. Have so many that NEVER host a thing but show up for every little meal....they just make the rounds. When they see a grill smoking or a cooler of beer, they pull up a chair. Now, you all know I love to share but I'm not stupid. OK, that's my small b_tch for the day. Thanks for listening.

Jessica...I agree with the others on the tattoo issue. Somewhere you will not be sorry years down the road. Hope your DH is feeling 100% soon and that his issues does not put a hold on your planned trip.

Cheri...your photos are STUNNING! Beautiful. I am not sure if you have your hair up or is you got a cut. I vote you wear it like you have it in the photos. You look so wonderful and are a very attractive woman.

Arlene...good luck at your weigh in and for staying on track over the long weekend. How wonderful...you've come so far. Wishing you luck with the scale again this week at your check-in.

Janet....sounds like you had a busy weekend even though you were "relaxing" at home. I agree with Eva...Andrew should be getting that dog out and running it at least once a day. Gives you the exercise you like but I am not sure how you fit things in your life the way it is. I know Andrew is a great kid and respectful of his GM but maybe remind him it is his dog and running/walking will make for a healthy dog in the long run.

I never watched the Sex/City series or saw the first movie so not sure if I will try to go see this one. I, too, love going to matinees early on a Sat or Sun. That's usually DH and my bi-weekly date in the winter months. You sound like my DH in seeing the beginning and the end of movies. He nods off about 20 minutes into it and wakes up when I nudge him to see the end.

Great...happy to hear you are in your new home. I know it's tough saying goodbye to the kids. Been doing it for years and it never gets any easier. No sense in wearing makeup when DS drops us at the airport. This will be good for you and DH and for your kids. A little independence never hurt a 20 something kid. Wishing you the best in your new home (and on settling insurance issues with the old).

Phyll...hope you are on the mend. How was the C.U. concert???? Happy to hear you are having tests today to see what is going on. Thinking of you and hope you fill us in on your results.

Laura...I agree with the rest on the puppy. Nels is too young for total responsibility and we know first hand about being tied down. We are so lucky though to have a friend that owns a dog care service. He treats our Tanker like his own. All the other dogs get kenneled and ours sleeps in the house with the family. $8/night which I think is way too cheap to maintain the business they have. All the pets have posh kennels and A/C in summer and heat in winter. They also kennel overflow for human society. Since they have such cheap rates and they provide shelter for so many other animals, we make a donation for their cause each time we take our dog to them.

When we went on our trip to FL this year the owners made Tanker a travel bag. It was a sewn denim bag with his name and his picture embroidered on it. It was filled with shampoos, treats, toys, and a personalized towel. Such a nice gesture.

Laura...let me know what you are thinking for a cake. I have quite a few ideas and willing to share. Wish I was there to make it for you.

Eva...take care of yourself and get some rest after all the hard work you have been doing.

OK...caught up on the thread but don't have much time to "talk" to each and every one of you. Have 3 days of work to complete by 9am tomorrow morning. Have my extractions tomorrow morning. I am a bit miffed at DH. He was so concerned because they wanted to put me under and I chose to do this thing and "white-knuckle" it. Didn't tell him when my appt was until this weekend. Now, he is a very caring man and he loves me very much but he is not going with me and I am driving myself. I am sure I can do this and if I don't feel OK to drive, I can stay at my friend's house who lives just up the road from the clinic. (My drive is about an hour). I am pissed that once again work comes first. Always. OK...I feel better. Thanks for listening but I'm still pissed.

Julie called me enroute to her destination. She was a short 10 miles from where I was at the lake. I was entertaining friends at the time and just setting out appetizers. Would have loved to hop in the truck and head her way for a little visit. She is going to call me tomorrow or Thurs on her way back. I will see where I am at at the time and how I am feeling.

Better hit it. Cleaning out my garage and want to get it done b/4 dark. What a job. Dirt, dirt and more dirt.

Sounds like you all had a nice weekend. Will check back later. Sending the love.

Judy - haven't heard of it, but let us know what you think.

Lori - congrats and being in your new home. Enjoy the setup and focus on food and exercise next week. We are all here for you.

Laura - the graduation Swim/party sounds like fun.

Jessica - congrats on getting to the gym. great job.

Had a wonderful time with DD at the nursery getting flowers and sharing time on my deck planting in pots. No yard flowers, just the deck. Looks so pretty this morning.

On my way to doggie obedience school. An hour of hard walking and hard work.

Joyce

Judy - haven't heard of it, but let us know what you think.

Lori - congrats and being in your new home. Enjoy the setup and focus on food and exercise next week. We are all here for you.

Laura - the graduation Swim/party sounds like fun.

Jessica - congrats on getting to the gym. great job.

Had a wonderful time with DD at the nursery getting flowers and sharing time on my deck planting in pots. No yard flowers, just the deck. Looks so pretty this morning.

On my way to doggie obedience school. An hour of hard walking and hard work.

Joyce

Isn't it nice waking up in the morning after planting and seeing those little flower faces, Joyce? I just love it when I get all my beds and pots done and see them thriving. Mine are lovely this year with the exception on one bed. Wind and heat got to them last week but they are coming back.

Busted my butt but got the garage spic and span. Now onto the laundry. Think there is still enough daylight, wind and warmth that the towels and jeans will dry outside. Back at it!:confused:

Feeling much better... no more coughing, etc. On "Z-Pack" for bronchitis and was using an inhaler for a few days. Being very careful with food.. but not doing all liquids like the surgeon's office told me. Appt to check band placement on Friday. Tomorrow I see physiatrist about my back... which is doing fine. I am doing PT in the pool 2X a week and I love it. Get a good 1 hr workout... strengthening and some cardio. And today I went upstairs to use some of the gym's machines before I went home.

Had dermatology appt early this morning... lesion on my cheek was nothing but a cyst and it's now gone. Dr. used some kind of an instrument that removed the cyst and the Fluid in it. And he took a skin tag off my nose... was right where my glasses rest and it kept getting inflamed.

What a day it has been.... text messages first thing this morning... My sister telling me her daughter's boyfriend held her "hostage" for 4 hours during the night beating her up. Said she is unrecognizable.. swelling, black eyes, etc. He is in jail.

Then, when I got out of the pool I noticed I had messages on my cell phone... called my voice mail and heard three tearful messages from our youngest son (in OK) saying he had terrible chest pains and was going to the ER (37 yrs old). Then I couldn't get him back on the phone. Then his girlfriend's mother called and told me he had a stroke and a heart attack! I said a stroke AND a heart attack.. she says, well, he had chest pain and his arm went numb! So.. finally I hear from him and he says he had a HEAT stroke. But then the call dropped and I couldn't get him back! So I am waiting for another call from him.. that was almost 2 hrs ago. And his boss called me and said he was headed for the hospital and would call me with an update!

Phyl, hope your DS is doing ok tonight. I'll keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers.

LauraK