Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi All,

I was up early today as the dog wanted to go out. My first friday to sleep in. We are on summer hrs now so I get every other one off. So I puttered around the yard all morning getting stuff spiffed up again, still planting and moving them around.

Lori, you will make friends in no time. Great job on the unpacking.

Jodi, do you go to Fire Island again this weekend?

Joyce, you have a lovely yard in your pic, so I bet you do know about plants.

LauraK

Linda,

We leave on June 21st. Haven't really made any plans yet on how far, stops all that good stuff. Trying to keep my mouth shut and let her run the show. (dang hard to do) I like to plan and she is very laid back. Just found out tonight that she got her apt. Kids!!!

Laura K

I forgot to mention my poor Merry (dog) DH took her to the groomer Tues. and had them do a "summer" cut -- they shaved her really close -- too close they never did it that way before - must be someone new or inexperienced -- I'll have to do before and after pics -- poor thing, she's probably going to be cold with the air on.

Linda

LauraK, I know what you mean, just let me know and if it's possible, would love to meet you somewhere either on your way or your way back -- are you driving back too?

Linda

Hi guys,

Didn't mean to complain about the pen. It was a nice gesture, but the principal is an older man in his upper 60's. All four of us who received one were women. It was just funny to me, as I have no idea what to do with it. If I use it I'll lose it. Otherwise I'll just let it sit in a drawer somewhere and run across it every once in a while.

It is the sort of momento businessmen used to give for recognition. Very old-fashioned. I could just picture them with their business suits and starched white shirts, the nerdier ones with pocket protectors to protect the pens in their pockets. Need to sign something? Just pull out your Cross pen with a flourish as a way to quietly brag.

Well, last day of school today for regular classes. Of course I start summer school Monday. But I intend to enjoy this weekend.

Cheri

Arlene, hang in there with the heat and humidity and FM issues -- we had storms here this week and I was miserable too. But you're doing so great with your new program - so proud of you!!

The weight will come off - but the less we need to lose the slower it becomes.

Thanks Linda! I will have to check out the recipes. I have a baby shower next week and I always like to make bar cookies....new recipes so people think I am a good cook. lol My newest recipe is crescent roll bar Cookies. You put crescent roll dough on the bottom of 9x13...then almond cream cheese filling....another can of crescent roll dough on top.....bake, then drizzle with almond glaze.

Apples.......are you on the mend?

Great...... you have one of those neighbors?....."housewife of SLC"? lol Boy those housewives are so shallow. I guess it makes for good TV. I admit.....I have actually watched it when absolutely nothing is on.

Phyl.....how is your son?

Janet.....hope sister issues get resolved.

Julie.....???

Joyce, you and DH are gems! I will check out the site.

Gotta leave for my DGD's graduation.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Joyce, great website -- really enjoyed all the pics -- I love the special olympics -- I volunteered here in April for them -- really enjoy seeing the kids participate. Your DH is very cute -- looks like he's a lot of fun!!

Thanks for sharing.

Linda

Thanks Linda & Arlene for comments on DH. He is a real character and so full of energy. A loving, generous man.

Enjoyed my lunch with trainer. We became very good friends in the 2 years that he trained me. Had not seen him for 2 years. He is NOT a fan of lap band so I'm determined to make it to goal to prove how well it can work. Like Janet's trainer, he thinks he knows everything (31 yrs. old) Let's wait until he is 67 and see how easy it is to stay slim and healthy.

Linda,

DD just said tonight we may stay in Des Moines the first night, so it may be a possiblity of meeting you. I hope so. No I am flying back on July 2 out of Las Vegas. We are driving from Tonopah to Vegas on July 1 spending the day/night and then she will take me to the airport.

Hope your poor baby don't freeze.

Laura K

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to this site. Just got my surgery date from August 12 and looking for a buddy.

how does this all work?

is it an online thing or do people buddy up with others in their city so they can meet in person?

I live in Toronto and don't expect too many Canadians on an American site but it would be great to buddy up with someone else in Toronto.

I'm 42, married, mother of a very energetic 4 1/2 year old girl, looking to lose about 150lbs with help from the Slimband.

Hi gang, I'm still alive and kicking................but not very high!!!!!!

We got home from Ohio last evening.....It was a wonderful/horrible trip.......wonderful to see kids and spend good time with grandsons..........horrible pain everyday...... Not one day without.............. To doc today and he is just plain useless..... Asked him to send me to Rochester and he sort of laughed and said, "Good Luck.. you might get an appointmemtn in 9 months or so..." Not very helpful..... My family is very upset and so am I ..... I'm going to have to do an end run around him I think..... He scheduled me to see a different neurosurgeon on 6-21 and gave me more pain meds and then just dismissed me.... I was so mad.....

I'm sorry I didn't get to read any posts yet... I'll try for that tomorrow... DH is gone to a church convention and will be home late tomorrow... Need to get something done before he comes home.....I'm hoping to sleep and wake in good enough shape to handle a few things......

I love you all and have missed your constant suppost and love..... I did talk to Apples on our way down and back... Wednesday she was at the lake already after having dental work.... OMG the poor lady, is about all I can say... she is one tough gal..... We weren't able to stop but will try to get together soon.....

gotta head to bed now... just wanted you all to know I'm back....... Hugs and prayers for all..... Julie

Good Morning Gang

Welcome Kurby - Welcome - and congrats with your date.. We are online as we all live in diff parts of the country - all of us are USA we have 1 Canadian - Peaches - she lives near Ontario.

We have gotten together and met - Some of us met last Feb and I have met my Lucky #7 group - infact we are having our 3rd reunion in July..

Linda - Glad you had a good time - can't wait to see the pictures - When I was married - we were going to get a mh and travel when I retired - but alas that won't be happening ;0) - Maybe I'll get a little one and do it on my own..

Sometimes they cut Angel too short :0) lucky hair grows fast :0)

Cheri - your cross pen was like me getting just flowers (after the fact btw) for 30 yrs of service - some pple just don't get it -

Joyce - I guess I missed the link - will have to go back and ck it out - Ok I just scrolled down - found the link - I think I need to go back a page :0)

LauraK - Date??? or has that gone by the wayside

Charlene - Hugs is will all be done in a couple of weeks the house selling they have a trustee - so I won't have to deal w/this crap much longer

Julie - Glad you are home - Hugs on the pain - Get some rest I bet you are pooped and that doesn't help - I agree w/you on Apples - she's a brave lady for getting that dental work done..

Well yesterday got my hair cut - love my new hair dresser - did a little shopping - had $25 Macy Rewards and 20% coupons got a pair of shoes - skirt - 2 blouse.. Then went to AAA to get prices on Vacation this Nov - it looks like the vote is for this place Hotel in Riviera Maya - Playa del Carmen Hotel - Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe Hotel - Barcelo.com

Have gym at 8 this morning - legs/weights - then to AAA to book this trip.. Sure hope it's a good place it has 5 stars. I did get a quote on Oasis of the Sea - I would like to do that - but I think an all inclusive w/the family will be just as good - we can do our own thing..

Hi guys,

Didn't mean to complain about the pen. It was a nice gesture, but the principal is an older man in his upper 60's. All four of us who received one were women. It was just funny to me, as I have no idea what to do with it. If I use it I'll lose it. Otherwise I'll just let it sit in a drawer somewhere and run across it every once in a while.

It is the sort of momento businessmen used to give for recognition. Very old-fashioned. I could just picture them with their business suits and starched white shirts, the nerdier ones with pocket protectors to protect the pens in their pockets. Need to sign something? Just pull out your Cross pen with a flourish as a way to quietly brag.

Well, last day of school today for regular classes. Of course I start summer school Monday. But I intend to enjoy this weekend.

Cheri

You know Cheri, I think I have more male tendencies than the average female...I like yard work, pouring concrete, setting tile, hate housework, I'm terrible at sewing, etc. Maybe that's why I like the pen so much. So use the pen, leave it in your purse and when you lose it, oh well, at least you got some use out of it. (Or you can regift it at some future date). I'm not a big fan of regifting, but sometimes its appropriate.

Well the sister made it in yesterday. The three of us went to dinner and we are just "on hold" until Lindsey makes up her mind on what she is going to do. Lindsey and I are going to Bisbee later today to pick up her quilts. She can't drive there herself because??????

I have started working out on my pilates machine again. I'm taking it slow as to not aggravate my back more, but I hoping it will help with the constant annoyance of my foot issues. I did talk to the doctor about it and he thinks the foot problem (nerve issue) is caused by the herniated disc.

Summer is here, it was hot yesterday. I had to do some field work yesterday afternoon and boy did that kick my butt. I didn't have any problem drinking enough Water yesterday. It's supposed to be 107 tomorrow which means even the swamp cooler won't work all that well.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Eva

Julie, welcome back. Sorry you are still in pain. I think an end run sounds like the thing to do....there are things that can take care of it...even if it's surgery. Your doc isn't treating you too well. You can come see my doctor, he's very helpful. He told me he will start the proceedings any time I'm ready to get this disc thing worked on. I'm just putting it off until I think I can't stand it any more. (Maybe after I'm retired if the insurance stays the same).

Glad you are back and we'll chat with you after you get some rest.

Julie, welcome back.

Did you ask your Dr. about the myofascial pain syndrome? Sorry you've been in so much pain. Some of the remedies recommended were NSAIDS, muscle relaxers, moist heat (not cold) therapy, light massage, very gentle stretching and excercise, and accupressure applied directly to the muscle knots. Do you still go to the pain clinic? They may know more about it than your Dr. Have him refer you to mayo Clinic anyway, even if it takes you 9 mo. That's better than living with this for the rest of your life.

Eva, I, too, like outdoor work. Love to garden. Prefer to walk outdoors whenever possible. I think I would have liked training in certain construction style jobs. I do not worship at the feet of the domestic goddess. My mother gave up on me with that. I stay out of salons and spas and avoid most shopping till I really need something. I do like to look at jewelry and to browse artsy antiquey boutiquey places in historic downtown areas. But everythings so overpriced or beyond my reach I treat it more as a museum experience.

I think I got a silver cross pen once and lost it within weeks of putting it in my purse. This one is blue. I avoid writing as much as possible. Nowadays you don't even have to sign checks or credit cards, so it'll probably last until the next time I'm in a meeting and decide to use it-or loan it to someone without a pen.

Cheri