Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

YEA!!! Apples is home!!

You must be one tough cookie when it comes to that dental work. I don't know how you did it, I have a high pain tolerance for most things but not the dentist. Glad that is behind you and looking forward to that new smile. Heck that Mercedes would've just depreciated anyway. That smile will go on forever!

Apples - Welcome home - ya girl - they would have to knock me out!!! You are one tough cookie - but we knew that..

Southern California Edison now says it hopes to have power restored by 10pm

tonight for 4,000 customers affected by a power outage since 4:47am.-

Well maybe I won't have work tomorrow either

you know they really hated letting us go home this morning

Do feel sorry for pple who live in the neighborhood - no a/c and it's 107 !!!

and my boss is one of those pple - bet they are at a hotel tonite :0)

Apples - Welcome home - ya girl - they would have to knock me out!!! You are one tough cookie - but we knew that..

Southern California Edison now says it hopes to have power restored by 10pm

tonight for 4,000 customers affected by a power outage since 4:47am.- Well maybe I won't have work tomorrow either. you know they really hated letting us go home this morning. Do feel sorry for pple who live in the neighborhood - no a/c and it's 107 !!! and my boss is one of those pple - bet they are at a hotel tonite :0)

I wouldn't care.... I'd be on a floatie in the pool sipping on some wine. Instead, I'm sitting in my recliner in a hooded sweatshirt! It finally quit raining, but no sun and more rain coming. Chris is hoping to fly his plane up here this week. I think he should stay home or fly commercial!

No energy today! Went to TOPS... down .2 lb! Big whoop! Then right to PT in the pool... good 1 hr workout. Had planned to go upstairs to machines, bike, after that, but by then I was tired and too hungry. So I went and got my latte. When that was gone, I had a salad with about 2 oz shirmp, 2 oz white cheese. Had 95 calorie granola bar for BF, and about 4 oz Protein drink... 75 calories.

Lori- wonderful to reconnect with a former friend. Interesting that your lives took you both from Utah to California and back (with stop over in Colorado for you)

Laura - love the handprint kit idea. And pool area sounds nice and clean and yippee - new grill. Will be a great party.

Arlene - good job on exercise.

Janet - yippee, power failure = unexpected day off work. Enjoy your workout with trainer tonight.

Julie - sending hugs. I agree, let the food be catered this time. Can't believe how many events you schedule/organize/head. You are one amazing lady.

Loved Judy's advice on housebreaking dogs. Makes such good sense.

Need to go Water flowers.

I see the dr. again on Wednesday for possible 4th fill. Fear getting too tight. Will insist on caution.

Continue to hold @ exactly 200 lbs. Those figures beginning with 1__ are so near.

Joyce

Welcome back, Karen. I agree, you are one tough lady. No drugs for all that dental work. That smile will be gorgeous.

What I want is to have these pictures appear on every post of mine without me having to upload them each time.

Cheri

Oops! Forgot one.

So, Apples, welcome back oh tough one.

Phylls. Rain, rain, go away!

Great. Glad you found a friend.

First day of summer school went well. Its actually nice and cool today.

Had afternoon free. Got some gardening done.

Did a shopping spree at Chico's on Sunday. Have to bring some of it back. Did a fashion show for DH to help me decide.

Cheri

I am so tired of rain and NO sun!!

It's really getting me down!

REALLY!!!

Lori- wonderful to reconnect with a former friend. Interesting that your lives took you both from Utah to California and back (with stop over in Colorado for you)

Yes, Lori... running in to her in Lowe's... had to be a "God thing"! Hope your "coffee" visit went well!

Laura - love the handprint kit idea. And pool area sounds nice and clean and yippee - new grill. Will be a great party.

Yes, Laura... such a nice idea!

You sure go out of your way for these parties!!

Arlene - good job on exercise.

Yeah! I did my 1 hr pool PT and pooped out! He DID tell me today that MY pool PT is much more vigorous than ANYONE else! I work hard and they are always telling me how impressed they are with that. Like I always ask for the foam barbells.. so I can get some arm resistance. And they have to keep telling me to slow down on the walking, etc, exercises!

:unsure::biggrin::cursing:

Janet - yippee, power failure = unexpected day off work. Enjoy your workout with trainer tonight.

Are they saying what caused the power failure????

Julie - sending hugs. I agree, let the food be catered this time. Can't believe how many events you schedule/organize/head. You are one amazing lady.

Julie, you inspire us all.. pushing through the pain to stay so busy!

Loved Judy's advice on housebreaking dogs. Makes such good sense.

I want a puppy REAL bad, so I'm taking all this puppy talk in very carefully!! Looking for a small "lap dog", even though DH says "NO"! I AM going to get me a puppy!

Need to go Water flowers.

I see the dr. again on Wednesday for possible 4th fill. Fear getting too tight. Will insist on caution. Continue to hold @ exactly 200 lbs. Those figures beginning with 1__ are so near.

Joyce

Joyce... I am STUCK at about 200 for TOO long now!! I go a little under, a little over, a little under, a little over!! Trying so hard to get under and then continue OUT OF THE 90's! Struggling with hunger right now since I had a complete UNFILL last week! Afraid to eat!! Keep craving things I shouldn't have and having to exercise extreme restraint!! So anxious to go back next week and see if I can start getting Fluid put back in.

What I want is to have these pictures appear on every post of mine without me having to upload them each time. Cheri

Oops! Forgot one.

Those pictures are GREAT!! I think I'm pretty computer savvy, but don't know if I have the patience to do what Jessica did... she makes it sound so easy! It's the resizing that I find difficult.

Edited by phyllser

Good evening. Well had to report in, my first day back tracking my food is going pretty well. My choices not so great but my calories are coming in at 938 and 42 gm protien. I need to lower the carbs and up the Protein type choices. But it's a start. I got this great app for my I-Touch called Lose It, I can customize to track whatever I want so I am tracking calories, carbs and protein. It's got a pretty thorough database of foods, kindda like Daily Plate but more portable. And best of all it was free. So it's a fun new toy to play with and makes tracking not so boring.

Janet, are you without power as well, or just where your office is? You sound too chipper to be without and you are posting so am thinking either you have a generator or you have power.

Phyl, gosh darn it all and your weather. I think Seattle should pay me to visit. I have been to Seattle many times and not once have I seen it rain, it's always beautiful and sunny when I visit. Is your July LBT gathering going to be there?

Janet, I can make Oct 1st work, I'd prefer later in the month but can make whatever work. Any idea of places? DH stayed at the new Aria or something like that and said it was amazing but think it's normally quite pricey, they got a deal for work.

Cheri, I'm not help on photos, they give me such problems whenever I go to work with them.

Joyce, I actually went from UT to CA, then to Delaware, then to CO before ending up back in UT. I get around. LOL this is my progression: WI, MN, CO, UT, GA, NV, UT, CA, DE, CO, UT, I see too many UT in that line. LOL But I've enjoyed living and learning about the many different local cultures and customs.

Apples, how long do we have you back for before you leave again for the lake? What a lovely place to recover after your dental work. Would love to see pics of the lake place and the new deck.

just a mini update.

got a call from Slimband saying that all was set and I will be getting my preop package soon. I asked if it could be rushed since we're going away all of July and I'd only have a few days to get the blood work done and anything else they needed.

she said she'd see what she could do to get it to me before we leave.

Welcome back, Karen. I agree, you are one tough lady. No drugs for all that dental work. That smile will be gorgeous.

Joyce...there are worse things to endure and I just keep focused on the end result. All worth it. And, after looking at the doc's b/4 and after of me, it's the smile I've always wished I could have. Actually, it's having to do it the hard way that has held me back. But, I have worked so hard to get the "new me" in other areas...this will complete things for me.

just a mini update.

got a call from Slimband saying that all was set and I will be getting my preop package soon. I asked if it could be rushed since we're going away all of July and I'd only have a few days to get the blood work done and anything else they needed.

she said she'd see what she could do to get it to me before we leave.

Kurby...just wanted to welcome you. Was nice that you did a little bio for us. Nice to get to know you. Hope you stick around.

Just keep in mind that if you do not get a surgery date that is in August, you will have time to study up on what life changes you will be going through with the band. In looking back, I really appreciated the 8 months from my first informational seminar until the time I had surgery. It gave me a good amount of time to prepare for what was to come. One of my biggest fears was waking up after surgery and feeling like I had the rug pulled out from under me. Knowledge is power when it comes to living with the band.

Also...just to let you know (maybe you do already). There is a section on this site for Canadians. Not that we don't want you to stick around and hope you do. You might be able to chat with ppl from your area also.

Wishing you luck!

Hello.............. Had my massage and it felt good while it was happening... He went slow and easy.... Now to get through the evening..... I just had a little nap waiting for DH to get home from work... He just made it at 7:00 and then went to take Mimi to Great Grandma's for a bit....Anyway I had a busy day with paperwork and such and then baked a cake and made a hotdish to take to the family..... (Father of DH's boss died.... He's from our church, so I'm working on the funeral meal, too)......was tired after all that and did take a bit of a nap..... Our weather has cooled and it looks like rain, too.....

Apples, so glad to hear you feel better... I was worried about you after our phone call on Wednesday, the day you had surgery..... gosh girl...... when you want something, nothing stands in the way..... I'm proud of you..... Can hardly wait to see this shining smile...... Will you be able to make Vegas on October 1st????? Not sure if I can or not.... depends on $$$$ and the wedding....

Phyll, sorry you are living in the rain, but it will eventually go away won't it????? Will you puppy be the sort that goes everywhere with you..???? What kind do you have in mind?

Lori, you must be an expert at making new friends.. Lucky for you to run into an old friend.. makes it easier from the start... How's the unpacking going??

Janet, nice to have an unplanned day off....what did you do today then????

Joyce you will break 200 real soon.... you too Phyll... I'm jealous...........I'd love to be there...... Hoping my day will come, too.

Kurby, good news.... Hope it goes the way you want it to go......

Well, gotta go feed DH........You all take care.... Talk to you tomorrow if I get time..... Have to be in Bismarck by 10:30 for my appointment with chiropractor.. You all have a great evening... Hugs............... Julie

Good evening. Well had to report in, my first day back tracking my food is going pretty well. My choices not so great but my calories are coming in at 938 and 42 gm protien. I need to lower the carbs and up the Protein type choices. But it's a start. I got this great app for my I-Touch called Lose It, I can customize to track whatever I want so I am tracking calories, carbs and Protein. It's got a pretty thorough database of foods, kindda like Daily Plate but more portable. And best of all it was free. So it's a fun new toy to play with and makes tracking not so boring.

Janet, are you without power as well, or just where your office is? You sound too chipper to be without and you are posting so am thinking either you have a generator or you have power.

Phyl, gosh darn it all and your weather. I think Seattle should pay me to visit. I have been to Seattle many times and not once have I seen it rain, it's always beautiful and sunny when I visit. Is your July LBT gathering going to be there?

Janet, I can make Oct 1st work, I'd prefer later in the month but can make whatever work. Any idea of places? DH stayed at the new Aria or something like that and said it was amazing but think it's normally quite pricey, they got a deal for work.

Cheri, I'm not help on photos, they give me such problems whenever I go to work with them.

Joyce, I actually went from UT to CA, then to Delaware, then to CO before ending up back in UT. I get around. LOL this is my progression: WI, MN, CO, UT, GA, NV, UT, CA, DE, CO, UT, I see too many UT in that line. LOL But I've enjoyed living and learning about the many different local cultures and customs.

Apples, how long do we have you back for before you leave again for the lake? What a lovely place to recover after your dental work. Would love to see pics of the lake place and the new deck.

Great...good to see you are getting back on your plan. Nice, too, that you have your new tracker as a tool. You'll get those 10lbs off. You've had enough stress the last month or two??????? Get out and take a couple of walks a day in your new neighborhood. You'll get your exercise and maybe have a chance to meet some neighbors. Not going to suggest asking Ms. Nosy-Pants....you might want to take your time...test the waters in getting to know her. She sounds like a "busy" lady. But, a person never knows...maybe that first impression is not at all what she is like.

I keep forgetting to take photos when I am at the lake place. Will try to do that this weekend. It's nothing spectacular but it's our little piece of heaven. We down-sized at the end of last year and are liking it a lot better. We moved to a different lot and put on a new park model. Not as much cleaning and upkeep every weekend. More time to enjoy the great outdoors. We still have some room for overnight friends...just not as much as b/4.

If ever any of you girls want to do the MN lake thing, we have wonderful cabins at our resort for rent. Quaint, clean and very accomodating owners. I could put up a few of you in my place. Sure would be fun to host a get-together. And, I would provide the meals just for the fun of it. Something to think about.

Thinking that you guys will have me till Thurs morning of this week b/4 I take off again. Will be staying until Tuesday mornings from here on out. Will be working Mondays in my friend's two salons. She has one that is 8 miles from the lake and another that is about 25 miles from there. Will be working where she needs me at the time. Her salons provide many services...massages, pedicure/manicures, facials, waxing, permanent make-up, eyelash extentions, etc.

Janet...not sure about the Oct Vegas date and am bummed. Harvest time here. The worst time for me to travel as DH relys on me quite a bit that time of the year. (Gotta earn my keep somehow, ya know?) Will just have to see if it works and book later if I think I can make it. Darn...oops...I meant DAMN:ohmy: