Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Ladykc--I am 2 1/2 hours from Sanibel. Boo. But I know you will have fun!

My vacation this summer will be Boston--nephew's wedding. At least it won't be winter!

I went to a church potluck last night and although I ate more than I have at any meal in over 2 weeks, it was still sensible. Sometimes, we have to eat more to bump our metabolism. BUT NOT EVERY DAY!! haha

scale is staying still. I am okay with it.

PS Got the part I auditioned for.

Jodi - Fire Island weekend sounded wonderful.

Judy - this will be my 7th or 8th trip to Sanibel - but first for grandchildren. Sorry you are so far from there, but thought I'd ask.

I won't miss the chance to meet all my friends here, whenever I can.

Having a massage today and DH left this morning for Kansas Special Olympics summer games in Wichita. He will be gone until late Sunday and I have the house to myself. Will enjoy the quiet. The athletes will enjoy all the photos he will take. Think this is the 8th year he has gone.

I am feeling a lot better this afternoon. I just kept moving all morning. It is still storming here. I just might take a muscle relaxer tonight so I don't wake up.

Jodi........Fire Island sounds like an awesome place. I know you will really enjoy the summer.

Great.....so sorry you are having a tough time emotionally. I admire you being able to move so many times, but it is hard to leave the kids. How is your DD today?

Joyce......enjoy your massage. What a blessing your DH is for helping out with the Special Olympics.

Judy, Congrats on the part! My scale is still too!

Apples, I am concerned......are you okay?

Hey Gang

Charlene - you may need to bump up the calories 1 day then go back to plan - to help the scales - Glad you are feeling better.. Our summer has started - they are admitting to 110 this weekend - so that means more like 115.. The heat is on... We have had a mild April & May - have been 20 degrees below average most days.. 100 today which is fine - really for me 105 isn't bad - but 110 is hot..

Judy Congrats on getting the part !!!!! Yep I agree you gotta up your calories every now and then ;0)

Eva - Sounds good - June's out as tomorrow is my furlough friday - taking 2 days off next week as the kids are coming - we are going to the beach (That sounds good for August) - July I go to to my Lucky#7 get together 7/1 to 7/5 - So it will have to be late July or August - Sept is out cuz my co-worker is gone the whole month..

Jodi - Yep death & money - greed - causes major problems - I didn't even know that as adminstrator I would get paid - I just felt it was my duty to take care of bro's stuff plus we own land together - sis has no involvement in this (we have diff Dads - same mom) and she live 400 miles away - so once I found out that we got $$ I knew why she wanted to be - GREED.. So she can take her $$$ and live w/herself - I have a clear concise -

Yep Dassi is going to have some GREAT memories... Oh to be a kid again ;0)

Emotional support means everything...

Great - I hope you find your box - and if you don't hell you will get to go ck out all the new stores in your area and shop- we know how much you hate to shop lol... But really I hope they show up - that would piss me off.. Hugs on the emotional stuff..

Apples where are you today - off the the lake already

Joyce - I love it when I have the house to myself - no phone ringing for andrew 24/7 ...

I'm like Charlene on FB - I mostly just farm - may comment everynow and then..

Well tomorrow going to a new hair dresser - wish me luck..

Looks like escrow won't close til next week - so will swing by the house and see what's left.. I heard through the grapevine that nephew did get some stuff out..

Hi all.

My daughter is going on this diet her husband is on where you eat very low carbs for a certain number of days and then you have a high carb day. Apparantly, the idea is that this shakes up your metabolism and gets you losing again. Don't know if there's any science behind that but I know I did a lot of that while losing weight. I didn't go nuts with carbs but I would have a day with some treats in it and more carbs at meals. I did often show weight loss the next day.

However, I don't feel as good if I eat a lot of white carbs (usually sugary stuff). Makes my heart feel like its racing and my stomach queasy.

I'm also much more ready to snap people's heads off.

I also read in my glycemic index book that high glycemic carbs make you store more belly fat. So if you keep the carbs low most of the time, you'll make it much easier to lose the belly fat.

Hey, when is Julie getting back?

Went to graduation for the eighth graders this year. Got presented for 10 years of service with a Cross pen. Now, what am I supposed to do with that? Its got an inscription. Am I supposed to put it in a curio cabinet? That's the only way I won't lose it within a few weeks. Pens disappear regularly from my classroom and from my purse. Plus I love erasable pens because I make so many mistakes. If I stick it in a drawer somewhere it won't be used nor will it be seen. It was a nice gesture but a gift certificate would have been more usable.

Oh well! That's the kind of present men give to each other--the kind of men who wear pocket protectors or at least shirts with pockets.

Cheri

Good evening. Got lots and lots of unpacking done today, almost no boxes left in the upstairs anyway. Oodles of them downstairs. It's almost beginning to look like a home, though I have lots of stuff sitting around looking for a home. Feeling a little better tonight, both kids have been good about calling me today and checking in to see how I am doing. That was sweet of them.

Is Julie gone some place? I must've missed something while I was away during my move but I've not seen a post from her and seen a few inquiring about her.

Apples, are you at the lake? I hope the extractions went okay. You are one brave woman to go through that, and that smile is going to be beautiful!

Met some neighbors today, one seemed really nosey. LOL And the type to put others down. She commented on how no one wanted our lot as it's a pie shape and how we should've gotten a good deal as our house has sat here forever, and how small it was. SHEESH! What's up with that? It's not much smaller than her's and perfect for us. And she was questioning where we are putting our fence why it's so far back from the front of the house. What's it to her? She seemed nice, but I had a hard time dealing with her comments.

Great - rude comments from nosey neighbor. Usually caused by jealousy. I'll send her some positive energy and hope she puts a lid on it.

Congrats on getting so many boxes emptied. I'm positive it will be lovely when you are settled. Loved Janet's suggestion to take a break and shop a bit. At least, find the nearest Starbucks.

Hope Karen did well with her dental appt and I know she was going straight to the lake. She will be missed.

Cheri - will parents ever learn to give certificates and not gifts to teachers. Oh well, at least they attempted to acknowledge your dedication.

Hi all.

My daughter is going on this diet her husband is on where you eat very low carbs for a certain number of days and then you have a high carb day. Apparantly, the idea is that this shakes up your metabolism and gets you losing again. Don't know if there's any science behind that but I know I did a lot of that while losing weight. I didn't go nuts with carbs but I would have a day with some treats in it and more carbs at meals. I did often show weight loss the next day.

However, I don't feel as good if I eat a lot of white carbs (usually sugary stuff). Makes my heart feel like its racing and my stomach queasy.

I'm also much more ready to snap people's heads off.

I also read in my glycemic index book that high glycemic carbs make you store more belly fat. So if you keep the carbs low most of the time, you'll make it much easier to lose the belly fat.

Hey, when is Julie getting back?

Went to graduation for the eighth graders this year. Got presented for 10 years of service with a Cross pen. Now, what am I supposed to do with that? Its got an inscription. Am I supposed to put it in a curio cabinet? That's the only way I won't lose it within a few weeks. Pens disappear regularly from my classroom and from my purse. Plus I love erasable pens because I make so many mistakes. If I stick it in a drawer somewhere it won't be used nor will it be seen. It was a nice gesture but a gift certificate would have been more usable.

Oh well! That's the kind of present men give to each other--the kind of men who wear pocket protectors or at least shirts with pockets.

Cheri

Cheri - At least you got something - but I hear you on losing the darn thing lol - Ya a gift card would have been better..

Fad diets - but the premise I think is ok - it's just varying your calories - I know that on Jenny Craigs one day I would have tons of food then next not so much - so I agree with the premise - but not a week at a time - just like if I work out for 3 straight weeks the scales don't move - then the week I don't exercise it does - who know - just glad when it moves again..

Good evening. Got lots and lots of unpacking done today, almost no boxes left in the upstairs anyway. Oodles of them downstairs. It's almost beginning to look like a home, though I have lots of stuff sitting around looking for a home. Feeling a little better tonight, both kids have been good about calling me today and checking in to see how I am doing. That was sweet of them.

Is Julie gone some place? I must've missed something while I was away during my move but I've not seen a post from her and seen a few inquiring about her.

Apples, are you at the lake? I hope the extractions went okay. You are one brave woman to go through that, and that smile is going to be beautiful!

Met some neighbors today, one seemed really nosey. LOL And the type to put others down. She commented on how no one wanted our lot as it's a pie shape and how we should've gotten a good deal as our house has sat here forever, and how small it was. SHEESH! What's up with that? It's not much smaller than her's and perfect for us. And she was questioning where we are putting our fence why it's so far back from the front of the house. What's it to her? She seemed nice, but I had a hard time dealing with her comments.

Julie went somewhere I forgot where - somewhere sorta close to Apples - they may meet up - I think she should be home this weekend..

OMG that neighbor sound like one who you DON'T want to be freinds with -

Great - rude comments from nosey neighbor. Usually caused by jealousy. I'll send her some positive energy and hope she puts a lid on it.

Congrats on getting so many boxes emptied. I'm positive it will be lovely when you are settled. Loved Janet's suggestion to take a break and shop a bit. At least, find the nearest Starbucks.

Hope Karen did well with her dental appt and I know she was going straight to the lake. She will be missed.

Cheri - will parents ever learn to give certificates and not gifts to teachers. Oh well, at least they attempted to acknowledge your dedication.

Joyce - I gotta say - I didn't shop at all over the memorial weekend - I was so proud of me ;0) - but hell I don't need a darn thing ;0)

But got $25 macy credit and 20% off coupons - so lets see - what should I go buy - plus my new hair place is on El Paseo (rodeo drive of the desert) may ck out Chico's & Loft while there ;0)

Cheri....sorry you aren't happy with your cross pen. I love them, they write nice. Got a set from my parents for graduation and I think I still might have it some where around. Glad they gave you something to show they appreciate you.

Lori, yes, it sounds like you have a very nosy neighbor and sort of rude too. I would probably say something like that too...but not until I got to know the person, absolutely not on the first day. How's your daughter doing? You said both of your kids called, she must be feeling better. Julie went to Ohio to shingle son's house or was it a brother...can't remember. I hope you find your pants....but then again...it might be an excuse to go shopping...no, I bet you have some favorite pants in that box.

Janet, ok August it is. Actually that should work well because I'm booked all the way June and into July also. Are you superstitious? How about planning the weekend of August 13 (Friday)? It's good for me because the cleaning lady will have been here on Thursday and I think it's pay day too. I know how you feel about "administering the estate". I do all of the work on my brother's and my place and I don't expect to get paid...it's what I need to do.

Charlene, glad you are feeling better. It so hard when nothing actually works to easy the pain. How's your Mom doing? Your scale will move again...don't concentrate on it.

Joyce, sounds like you are having a great day. I called my God-mother today...she lives in KC. I told her I will be through there in November, so we will actually get to meet then. The only thing that might stop it, is if I don't retire by then...I might have to fly to Ohio then. Does your DH work for Special Olympics? I might have missed something.

Judy, when do you hear if you get the part you tried out for?

Jodi, your description of Fire Island makes me want to go...sounded like a very nice place. Especially the beach and shopping. I love taking vacations like that. Dassi is a very lucky girl and she'll realize it when she gets older. You are doing a wonderful job of giving her what she needs now. You're doing very good with sticking to your plan.

We had another webinar today with my surgeon. This one was on plastic surgery after weight loss. It was more inspiring than I thought it would be. He also stressed exercise and toning. Smart man...and his center was just awarded the "Center of Excellence" rating from the United States. It's the first one give internationally. Cool.

Tomorrow my sister (the one that went to Florida) will be here and deciding what to do with her house and all. It should be a very interesting weekend. I'll try and stay in touch but I may be packing and moving her stuff. We'll see.

Okay, I'm going to go read a book. Have a great night.

Eva

Whats a block without a nosey neighbor? lol

Sometimes people say the darndest things when they want to say hello but arent sure how to break the ice. I have to say some of my "bestest" friends started out after stupid comments or just hating them for some reason or another....but after getting to know them really liked them but for what ever whether it was mine or their insecurities the beginnings were like..?? OMG I cant believe this woman said or did this or that....lol

Im not saying this is always but....hey at least she spoke to you...here in NY....I dont think Ive ever spoken to my negihbor on the left...he is never home..the neighbor on the right ive spoken to only because they have two grandkids lving with them and their daughter, not the grandkids mom.,..and the son father of the kids occassionally? In a one bedroom apt!!! Well...our kitchen wall is their living room wall and till about 1, or 2 in the AM.......they are still up. Crying, screaming and banging on the walls. I had to knock on their door several times...but the last time I did....I was so mad as it woke Dassi from her bedroom. Apparently the whole building as well!! That time I told them ive had it and was going to call BCW.....as I am a mandated reporter. I felt really bad but you know what....they were gone the next day. I must have scared them and they went to live somewhere else? or they were illegal and were nurvous or they had those kids and werent supposed to...as I never saw the mother at all and father rarely there.

Who knows...I just felt real bad after but not so much so that I wasnt a little glad...well alot that they werent there screaming and crying all day and night!

So.....you will meet others people....and keep the chin up...at least they are talking to you!

no cakes yet or casseroles yet to welcome you yet from anyone else? Do they do those things as we see on TV from surburbanites? lol I have a feeling though youd be the one giving them not them giving you as you seem so giving.

Didnt I say that I thought youd be totally unpacked in two weeks? yup. its a good feeling if you have plenty of room for all your stuff and place to put everything...its when you have to start making space etc etc that you can get stuck with boxes around..unable to unpack. That is the worst!

You seem to have it all under control. I agree...a shopping break is a must! As for every situation it is!!

Cheri, It was probably a man who didnt know you at all who picked out the gifts. Its one of those things that "safe" gifts. Its sad that you have put so much work and effort in the last ten years...and the effort to give you a meaningful gift did not show effort or meaning on their part and was so unpersonable...but look on the bright side it did at least have your name on it...theres a plus!!! Did they at least spell it right?? Its the thought that counts...really isnt it?? We know you were happy after all who doesnt like to be recognized,...I am happy with an honorable mention sometimes better then the junk that I have to then feel guitly on giving away!

well....its shabbat time again. I am having 3 of Dassis friends sleep over....as she hasnt been home in a while and shabbat doesnt end till 9 tomorrow night!! I cannnot be entertaining Dassi all day myself..Id really be miserable and so would she lol. I could do about an hour at a time....but more then that?? hell no. Monopoly can only last that long and sitting in the park watching the dogs as well.....so the more friends the merrier...its only space and food that they take...the rest is all good!!!! As long as everyone stays happy....otherwise...well we all know the otherwise....it could be a very long long day!!!

Have a great weekend all!!!

Jodi

Good morning! Slept like a log last night and didn't want to get up at 730 even but I have to be up and dressed as Directv is coming between 8 and 12. Of course, now that I am up they won't come til noon, had I lounged in bed they'd have been here at 8am sharp. DH will be glad to have his TV back, I really haven't missed it, yet I don't watch much other than Biggest Loser and that's over with. However, am interested in seeing Jillian Michaels show Losing It, anyone watch it?

I will give the nosey neighbor a chance, it might just be her way and she could be really nice, time will tell. If not, oh well. No, Jodi, no cakes, Cookies or casseroles, yet anyway. LOL one can always hope for some. LOL I did meet my next door neighbor and he is a vetrenarian so maybe my dogs can have a hook up. LOL He also teaches concealed weapon classes. I have a Dentist across the street I've been told but haven't met him yet. Behind me the house one house is just about ready to move in and the other lot is vacant still, no house on it. Wish it would stay that way as I have lovely views there.

I do think I might need a shopping break, will see what time Directv comes and waht time DH comes home from work. He plans on coming home early so we can take the car in for an estimate on the hail damage from last week. we are concerned they will total the car and it's totally driveable, just all pitted up and broken mirrors.

Janet, so whatcha getting with the coupons?? Wish we were closer to shop together!

Cheri, the pen was a nice gesture, sorry you don't like it. I'd love a nice pen like that, I'm forever looking for one that works. I have tons of pens but when I need one they don't write.

Eva, you might retire soon??

JOdi, upstairs I am down to those boxes I don't know what to do with. Closet space is a little lacking in this house. What to do?? LOL I stacked my new washer and dryer to make some storage space in the laundry room.

Judy, congrats on the part!

Arlene, hang in there you are doing so well and the scale will move again.

Joyce, wish you were close to give me some pointers on my yard and garden. We have a blank slate aka dirt and weed patch right now.

Eva - Judy did get the part. Happy to hear it.

Re: DH & Special Olympics - he is a volunteer and is their official photographer. He was awarded one of top volunteers in the world for Special Olympics two years ago.

If you have a moment check out his website @ Welcome to pixofevents.com! A United States Construction, Inc. Charity where he posts work he does for many charities. It will allow photos to be printed at no charge. We also fund our own charity Photos of Love which creates memory photos for individuals with life threatening illnesses. He is 73 and still works full time in our companies too. Such energy.

Lori - I'm the wrong one to ask about gardening. Think Karen & Eva are the experts there. I only have pots and planters on my deck.

Hire a great landscaper and make it gorgeous. As I remember, your DH enjoy the yard.

I was up early this morning. Took Gizmo to groomer, went to store, gassed up convertible, then back home for shake for Breakfast.< /p>

Having lunch with my trainer - I worked with him for 2 years, then he took a position at a university as director of fitness (for students and faculty).

Hi everyone! Got back Monday evening and by the time we got everything unpacked and put away, it was after 9:00 and I was exhausted.

Been busy catching up at work all week so no time to write anything, have been busy catching up reading all of your posts all week. Whew, you guys were busy and I finally caught up today.

Phill, hope your DS is doing okay, it's tough with him being so far away. I hope he will start taking better care of himself.

Lori, hope your DD is doing okay as well. I always heard gallbladder problems as "fair, fat and forty" -- it's funny how there are several different versions out there. I was fortunate that I never have had any problems with mine - knocking on wood right now

Had a great time on our camping trip. DGD announced last night "we are going camping again next week"! Sadly, she is wrong. LOL DH and I did make a major life's decision while camping -- I really liked the camper -- much more than I thought I would. So, when we can retire which may be as long as 8 years from now (cause I married a younger man who then became disabled so I have to work to keep health insurance until he's older), we have decided to sell everything and get a motor home and just go. I can't wait -- I'd love to do it now -- I'm so tired of "stuff" and working and would love to be "free" as a bird to do what I want. It only took about 30 mins. to completely clean the camper -- that's the life for me!!

I did have a s'more one night but made another one our last night but after two bites, tossed it -- just too sweet tasting for me. That was new for me!

It was great and I have pics which I downloaded at home and will try to post some here and on FB this weekend. Have a busy weekend lined up -- I'm on the Relay for Life team at work and we are having two back to back bakesales -- one this Monday for my office and one the following Monday for our other office a few blocks away. Have only about 12 bakers to make goodies for about 500 people to buy, so need to make a lot. Am making walnut horns, pecan tassies, several cute cookie pops (google Taste of Home Cookie Pops -- I'm making the ones that are chocolate dipped and the chocolate chip ones with icing hair and faces -- too cute). I also found a "low fat oatmeal" cookie recipe to try. I'm also going to make several flavors of rice krispie bars which are pretty low in fat too -- we always try to have a few "healthy" choices as well as others. So needless to say I'll be busy baking this weekend and next. I shopped last night to get all the ingredients and the bags, plates, ribbons, etc. for my stuff. Then I went home and printed labels for everything. So much work, but for a good cause so I don't mind. Only other thing I have to do for Relay for Life is walk on July 9.

Have been so tired since getting home - so I didn't get exercise in until this morning. I did go to the gym twice while camping. I was just getting over a cold when we left and think I needed to rest up and get over it and rest up -- didn't sleep great on the trip -- bed wasn't very good really. The weather was perfect - Our last night (Sun..) we got some late thunder and lightning but it never rained -- in the 80s and gorgeous all weekend. Couldn't have been more perfect. DGD rode her bike, we played badmitten, swam in the lake, read books, played some cards, all of it was just heaven!!! We never turned on the tv and I don't have a lap top, so had no idea what was going on in the world -- even that was a nice change

Welcome to the newbies - MLW, keep following doctor's orders -- you're doing great -- just stay positive. You'll get lots of support here from everyone -- we will all jump in and offer suggestions, lend an ear or whatever you need. Just keep coming back and posting. Crsti41, hope your surgery went well, hope we hear from you soon.

Laura, hope the grad party goes well -- cakes sound cute, Nelson will love having his friends over. Hope your Dad starts to feel better soon - I think once the PET scan is over it may help -- I think it would be natural to be a little down and depressed until after that. I know it would affect me that way if it were me

LauraK, when do you leave for your trip? We'll have to see if we can get together as you drive thorugh Iowa. And Joyce, I still have to see about getting down your way some time this summer or fall -- probably later rather than earlier, but for sure sometime this year!

Cheri, congrats on the ten years -- yeah, i never got presents from work that I liked either -- I used to always feel the same way -- would have much rather had cash as I always needed money, especially when I was a single mother -- seems silly to get a present like that -- so old fashioned really. Your pics -- wow -- you look fantastic!!! So glad to finally see a good picture of you. It's amazing how different we look!!

Lori and Apples, congrats on the two year band anniversary!!! Now that the move is over, Lori you'll get back on track - you've had so much on your plate, now you need to take time for YOURSELF. Don't stress over it, you'll do it. Oh, I laughed at that neighbor -- what a welcome to the neighborhood -- I'm amazed at what comes out of people's mouths sometimes -- what was she thinking? Just like a new girl at work - she was hired to work 2 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. shift (it's a call center that is staffed 24/7) -- her first day she said to me, "I hate working nights, I really want to work days, do you think I'll be able to go to days soon?" I said, "Well, you have to wait for someone to leave or wait until we get busy enough to add a new person to the day shift. But why oh why did she even take the job? She's been here 2 months and she's complaining constantly. Sometimes people just speak without thinking. I don't really like to be around people a lot - I have friends but not people I talk to or see all the time -- I just don't like that - I like my alone time - even my DH is too much company some times -- I was used to being single for so many years. And since all I do all day is talk on the phone, the last thing I want to do when I'm at home is talk on the phone.

Judy, congrats on the part -- what play are you doing and what part is it? Sounds like fun. I don't have any Constipation issues - I eat fruit every day and I take just a simple stool softener every day - have never had any problems. Hope that issue has cleared up for you.

Janet, hope the estate issues are over soon -- what a sister! My brother caused problems after mom died, and just a few months ago my DS and him started talking again -- it was 7 years -- so silly -- my mom had everything spelled out -- my brother just wanted to be greedy and didn't "understand" why my sister shoud be paid for taking care of the estate - I was appalled at his attitude and told him "it's a lot of work" and she's the only one in that area to handle it - he lives in Ohio and I lived in Ca at the time -- just greed over a few thousand dollars. But I'm glad they finally made up -- it was tough being the neutral one.

Gosh, I think we all had ribs over the weekend -- we had some camping as well. I couldn't even eat a whole one first night but then the next night I reheated leftovers and could eat 2!! That's the first time I'd had them in 1-1/2 years and boy, they tasted mighty good!! I love pork, but haven't had any since surgery -- I eat mostly chicken breast and fish and only occasionally eat beef.

Eva, Sounds like you had a good holiday weekend. Hope you can retire soon - I'm so jealous - would love to be free now, but must wait.

Jodi, Fire Island sounds very lovely and it's nice you and Dassi have that privacy - I couldn't handle that many people in a small house - I would truly go crazy!

Julie, hope you have a safe trip home and we hear from you soon. Hope your trip was pain free as well.

Meredith, so good to hear from you and congrats on your success!!!

Arlene, hang in there with the heat and humidity and FM issues -- we had storms here this week and I was miserable too. But you're doing so great with your new program - so proud of you!!

The weight will come off - but the less we need to lose the slower it becomes.

I'll post some more later with some pics hopefully. CBL.

Love you all,

Linda

Edited by ljv52